True Survival

Spider

Hope I installed the game correct. I entered your server. I forgot how many times I died xD. 1 time I spawned near a cabin and went straight to it and fell in the map (it respawned me a couple of times). then found some bamboos . Picked them up but did not get anything and again the game started spawning me in that place for about 3-4 times.

Hope I installed the game correct. I entered your server. I forgot how many times I died xD. 1 time I spawned near a cabin and went straight to it and fell in the map (it respawned me a couple of times). then found some bamboos . Picked them up but did not get anything and again the game started spawning me in that place for about 3-4 times.

Any error messages in the log?

I forgot how deliciously unforgiving this mod is.

Got into the server. Crafted a club, attacked a zombie...club snaps in half before the zombie is dead. Run run run. Stop to craft another club, running spider zombie runs into the road, grabs me and tears me in half.

Respawn in some desert. Right, I forgot to avoid all mobs at level one. Oh look it;s day 14 on the server at 13:00, I better find some POI to try to climb on and hope to survive horde night. Run to a town, try to loot some stuff, 2 sleepers wake up and chase me into the street where a momma zombie explodes on me (which was awesome, btw.)

But now I'm dead twice, down to a max 79 health like 11 minutes into logging into the server. I guess my skill level would be better off waiting for the single player version so that i can remake all my stupid early deaths relearning the mob, then just make a new world to get my 100 life back.

I realize that's basically useless feedback for you, but you'll probably get a lot more feedback once single player is out.

Hi spider , I dont know if im doing this right , but i cant play when i finished installation , im using latest a16 version of 7d2d , and when i start the game so many pieces missing, a lots of warning pops out , and the total size of game and mod is 5.06 GB is that correct ?

lots and lots and lots of erros, then some item files are missing . gonna reinstall a fresh copy of the game , cause yesterday the game updated for me , I did not realise that so I added the mod , then i saw that the game is 1.6.2 and deleted the mod/ downgraded to 1.6.1 and put the mod back, so maybe that is the cause for some of the things.

Update:

Changed the Nutrition system to not allow wellness gain from foods if you have any negative diet effects instead of only allowing wellness gains from foods when you have positive diet effects.

Removed all ferals from early game POI sleeper spawning

Chaqnged spike upgrading to use stoneaxe

Increased xp gains on all early weapons and tools

Increased XP gains for Hunting

Increased XP gains for Cooking

Unlocked scraping of foods into servings, now player can do this from the start

Added recipes for Forge Molds

Removed Corn Bread. Cornmeal can be scraped to Grain Serving and made into flour on the Stone Mill

Fixed weapons and tools giving errors on trying to repair

Changed some starting tools to easier to obtain repair items. Ex: Claw Hammer is now repaired with Scrap Iron instead of Short Iron Pipes

Slowed Snow Zombies top end speed

Slowed some zombies that moved too fast

Changed Doctors Infected Shot to not cause the Z-Virus in players but instead kills most Zombies in 6 seconds after being injected

Made all backpacks drop on destroy

Added recipe Bone Shiv -> Bone Meal

Added recipes for Barricades

Lowered quantity of feathers found in nest

Changed the Burning Barrel to require fuel to give off light and player heat but no longer adds to Zombie Heat Map

Infected Animals attack now

Added Dates and Coconuts to appropriate Palm Trees

A bunch of other small tweaks

Thanks to all that hopped on the test server and tried to live through the weekend. I have to admit it was too hard at the start(and that's me saying that) but it is now playing great after a few tweaks. I have had to reset my character once already because Dead is Dead and I'm down to 40 wellness already. The new nutrition system is really shinning through and making food and water the most important thing for surviving(as it should be). After a few more xp tweaks the new way we unlock building styles will be a well oiled machine and feel like the most natural unlocking system yet. Test Map will stay up till this weekend at which time I will do a big update on all the things i could not edit in an active game without breaking it. I will then set up another test play based on whatever needs testing/tweaking at that time.

Known Bugs-

Missing Icons on a few items

Wrong Icons on a few items

Missing descriptions on items

Some new added block meshes can not be interacted with or hit

Stone Mill, Anvil and Mortal & Pestle can only be used from viewing workstation from the bottom

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Yea, but did you add ammo to loot containers and did you make some kind of early recipe for chemicalcraft?

lol

Oh, and i know you wanted to make a prep table, but its gated to be made on the workbench:crushed:

I fixed the ammo distribution, and overhauled the loot table this morning. Should be better when uploaded to server, but let me know.

First of all, you guys are doing a pretty impressive stuff there, congratulation !

Also I would like to know if you plan to create new models of wep/items/workbench or if it's "just" the same as the ones in the game with name/description/utilisation different from the original ? (I just discover this mod and didn't give a try yet on your serv, that's why my question)

Well i played for 20 mins or so and yeah it was way too hard in that the zeds were practically unkillable. I found a fireaxe and it had no effect on zeds which seemed strange. From what i saw i thought the tropical biome ( if that is what its called ) looked really good and I liked the variable terrain - hills etc. I also liked the additions like trucks and tractors and the bitumen surface for some tracks. I'm still undecided about the hard stone just a few levels down. With sleepers in buildings now there needs to be a viable early game strat for safety beyond sitting on a roof somewhere. Anyway the mod is looking good from what i saw.

First of all, you guys are doing a pretty impressive stuff there, congratulation !

Also I would like to know if you plan to create new models of wep/items/workbench or if it's "just" the same as the ones in the game with name/description/utilisation different from the original ? (I just discover this mod and didn't give a try yet on your serv, that's why my question)

Thanks. We are using many of the SDX models (vehicles, plant,workstations etc) that were in the A15 version. We probably wont create new models unless someone with that skill joins the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i played for 20 mins or so and yeah it was way too hard in that the zeds were practically unkillable. I found a fireaxe and it had no effect on zeds which seemed strange. From what i saw i thought the tropical biome ( if that is what its called ) looked really good and I liked the variable terrain - hills etc. I also liked the additions like trucks and tractors and the bitumen surface for some tracks. I'm still undecided about the hard stone just a few levels down. With sleepers in buildings now there needs to be a viable early game strat for safety beyond sitting on a roof somewhere. Anyway the mod is looking good from what i saw.

The damage to early game weapons will be increased to make life more bearable when starting out. You can still dig a hole down to hardstone and put a log or haybale over the hole if you don't have time to find better shelter.

Update:

Removed Cooking Grill requirement from Kabobs on the Prep Table

Changed Backpacks to be scraped into cloth

Changed Cloth Slippers to be scraped into cloth

Fixed it so wellness on foods is stated in stat screen

Removed extra knife from Chef Profession Kit

Fixed Healthy Meals cook times and XP

Made the Lockpick gun unlock Steel Munition Crates. Cost 10 lockpicks

Fixed wrong recipes on Prep Table

Fixed error on Crossbow when assembling

Fixed Hunting Knife repair

Added missing melee weapons to loot like Bats and Tomahawks

Lowered the amount of sticks needed to repair and upgrade damaged wooden spikes

Fixed repair loss on all items

Fixed Mechanical, Electric and Electronic scraping. All "junk loot" scraps now

Changed Fruit and Veggie Juice to require an Electric Blender as a cooking tool on the Prep Table

Well this is only the 7th day of the very first test play of the Mod and its still on 16.1. Also TFP said A16 will have a A16.3 so I have to wait for that. Ballpark? Few Weeks maybe month depending on how long 16.3 takes. No need to wait though server is open to all and we have been having a blast. I'm on my third life now I have gotten Dead-is-Dead twice now lol

To be honest there is still a lot to do. This testing is just to get the core mod functioning and balanced I still have to put in NPCs, Bandits, sort POI's and a few more things. If you want it to go faster then the more people testing the faster all the bugs are found.

O! I do have some very cool news though. Im excited to announce that True Survival will be featuring Xtrakickings Zombie Texture Overhaul on our zombies. You can check out this awesome coming feature here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69029-Zombie-texture-overhaul-mod-Diary

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Finally got onto the server last night briefly. First time in and things were going well. Grabbed some grass, rocks, sticks etc. Made a stone axe and started chopping a tree. Just before the tree was chopped down 2 soldier zombies and a biker zombie rape me from behind. Silly me to assume there was Day 1 protection lol.

It took most of my time to get back to the backpack to get all of my profession's gear. I travel on since it was late afternoon and I had no place to camp for the night. I was able to make a bow before realizing I'm too noob to make arrows in any way, shape, or form.

I find a cabin at least, previously broken into. I jump into the window and peek in. Only 2 sleepers so figure this might be doable. I sneak over to the first one which of course wakes up before I can club him. We have a small brawl where I'm mostly nailing headshots. I hit him enough in the head thinking this mod would be cake if headshots are utilized enough. No such luck. I had to run back out the window to open spaces to try and finish him off. Another zombie outside follows the one from inside so now I'm dealing with a total of 2. The wooden club breaks. Wasn't expecting that...

I get onto some pavement outside the house and run away a bit to craft a new club. 30 seconds later I'm back in business. I kill the first zombie and start working on the second. I get pretty hurt in the process as they got a good hit off on me. Another club breaks. This time I'm making 2 clubs. Okay 2nd zombie down. It's about 1800 so I gotta get busy on this cabin for some nighttime protection.

I run back in through the window and 2 more sleepers had spawned in the corner where I just cleared out that zombie. Not to mention there's now a dog in the house which wasn't there previously. Great...

I run back out since I don't have time to deal with a dog AND 2 more sleepers with just a couple crappy clubs. <---alliteration

I get back onto the pavement trying to scope out a good location to hide out. Just then the dog comes running out of the house. I begin my jog. Along the way there are all sorts of zombies that I really don't need to add to my dog train so I'm zigging in between my zags. I've been running quite some time but I never did hear a doggie "I give up" sound so in my gut I'm sure it's still following me but in my head I'm thinking I really don't know this server yet so maybe he's gone. I turn around and he's on my tail. Back down the grassy hill I had run so far up and onto the pavement again. I decide the only way I'm gonna live with having all my stuff is to cheat and log out. Unfortunately I had 9 health left and was almost out of stamina and didn't think I had enough time to hit escape and quit with as close as the dog was. I try it anyway and that ends up being death number 2 on my first day.

I quit for the night only for the reason that sleepers spawning so quickly in a place I'm trying to clear out is a bit unrealistic and difficult. Other than that I had a good time with what I saw and the items looted. I'm sure I'll enjoy the mod more once some minor issues like these are worked out.

I know the vanilla version is still having some issues where sleepers spawn in areas repeatedly but for the True Mod version it's a bit much. I love a challenge don't get me wrong but I'll have to wait a bit on the mod assuming this issue will go away.

Great work! I love the palm trees.

Yea, its definitely not for the feint hearted lol. The sleeper spawning is something the pimps have to work on still. If you leave a building before clearing it and putting down a sleeping bag, the zombies will respawn. In the mod, this is brutal because of the zombie strength. Believe it or not spider has increased the damage early game bows and clubs do. The starting safe zone should be good for 20 hours according to spider.

DL link

Can you post a manual link...one without the mod launcher. I'm having problems getting it to work and would rather not fuss around with it if it doesn't work the first time. Anyway, again if you could post a actual download link for the mod that would be great. Best mod there is. Thanks

Can you post a manual link...one without the mod launcher. I'm having problems getting it to work and would rather not fuss around with it if it doesn't work the first time. Anyway, again if you could post a actual download link for the mod that would be great. Best mod there is. Thanks

The mod is not finished, and therefore not being released yet. It is open for testing on the official server, but you need to use the launcher to download and install that client. If you need help getting the launcher to install the game, we are happy to help, but will need more information.