True Survival

Spider

News!

Getting close to something worth putting on the test server. Its starting to look like True Survival again. As for the Professions we dropped Fisherman and Farmer and added a Mason and Bouncer Profession.

Lots of new things but ill save them all for when its ready to test and I post the new description. Stay tuned!

Cant wait either!

You and xyth are modding beasts! lol

It's really coming along well. Lots more to do, but after 2 months of work the framework is in place and can be played without major errors. Now we are focused on adding missing items, recipes, etc, balancing all the new systems, redoing loot tables, etc. I'd say we are more than halfway there, but chances are Spider will release it on a server before its 100% to get folks to test it. Its quite a bit more "complex" than the A15 version, with several completely new game mechanic systems added. Hopefully we get all the new tutorial quests in before folks try it, otherwise its a lot to figure out.

Great news, thx for the work !

Quick question on another subject : is that me or the wellness gain system is bugged (since vanilla) ? I upgraded to Survivor level 3, so wellness should get +46% increase, something like that. But it seems the wellness gain is slower than without the Survivor perk, I sometimes eat some Brain schnitzel (+1,8 wellness) without even getting wellness increase ! While it should give at least 2 stamina/health points increase with the Survivor perk... Same with glazed meat or so (wellness +0,8), sometimes eating 2 or 3 in a row, and nothing.

Really strange, I always had this since vanilla, do you ?

@slicksister-

Farming is a long quest chain now that everyone can do. As you complete parts of the Farming Quest you will be rewarded with seed recipes and other important farming recipes.

@pinedepin-

None of that will matter in A16. Our Skill tree is completely different from vanilla. I think we only have 2 of the same Perks/Skills as vanilla. We have a new nutrition system for A16 that will effect a lot of other things. A few examples. With good nutrition you will heal faster from injury's, move faster, be able to gain health and wellness from foods. When you become malnourished you will take longer to heal, be more susceptible to bacterial infections, not benefit from health and wellness on foods and much more. Also we have a spoilage system we are implementing that will force the player to become self sustainable for food as they play and no longer be able to survive with just looting foods late game.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

What about performance Spidey? Will this mod be less hungry than the last one? I plan on playing it with my friend and currently, we are having great performance in vanilla.

8 gigs of ram

4c/4t

HD 7870

You need more RAM regardless, 8 gig has its limits, bump it to 16G if possible

@xFORCERx-

Dont know yet honestly. We will know more about performance once we get it up on the test server.

Okay, I'll keep an eye on that.

You need more RAM regardless, 8 gig has its limits, bump it to 16G if possible

For 2 players in Vanilla I am at 7 gigs usage. 3 players or more and it starts to drop frames. I'll more than likely bump it to 12GB. That will be enough for 2 players modded right?

For 2 players in Vanilla I am at 7 gigs usage. 3 players or more and it starts to drop frames. I'll more than likely bump it to 12GB. That will be enough for 2 players modded right?

12 GB should be enough for True Survival to run smoothly. We won't be sure until we start testing the full mod, which will begin very soon.

Depends on a number of factors: The type of operating system. The graphic settings you are using. And also your internet speed.

As long as you dont try to run the game on high settings, average zombie spawns you should be fine. But any OS after win 7 needs alot of RAM

I finally got A16 TS to load and the game was using about 6 gigs by itself on entering the game. i suspect this will increase to 7 during gameplay so 8 gigs total ram will probably result in lots of swapping in and out of memory. It should run with 8 gigs, but 12 gigs will be much smoother.

I am using Win 7.

Yes, I am experiencing swapping when I enter the character screen for the first time (B-key). If I don't, it doesn't swap.

I know from the sound my HDD makes when I enter the character screen for the first time. Also, every next time I enter the char screen, I get massive freezing until it loads that screen. Only happens there... Dammnit 8 gigs!

NEWS!!!!

True Survival A16.1 is loaded and ready for some "Alpha" testing on our dedicated server. We are looking for testers only, not folks who want to just play the mod. It is a work in progress, and will be wiped frequently, so expect many and frequent bugs. All the features are not yet added, but the base mod is there.

If you want to participate, click on the the link below for the client download instructions and a description of some of the major changes from A15.1.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/21/1458455461483026457/

Good hunting!

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Hey there! Just logged back in after the server restart. Seems like it rolled back (I had just logged in 5 mins before restart and everything worked fine)

But this time, I clicked craft recipe on Doctor, got the suitcase. Put suitcase on the ground. Equipped the Key and punched it with the Key. No option to open suitcase:

HCeYUOO.thumb.jpg.5021077957e95122825b0ca005d2c20b.jpg

The True Survival Mod Team is happy to announce the opening of the Official True Survival A16 Test Server. This is for closed beta testing, you will only be able to join the server by using the 7D2D Mod Launcher and the files will not start a SP game. Once the mod is finished the full mod will be available for download.

-Warning-

This is not a play through version yet. It’s our pile of Junk that loads, but feel free to play with our junk! This is for basic testing of systems, block, items, buffs and so on. Cheat is on!

PLEASE POST ALL BUGS AND CONVERSATION ABOUT TESTING HERE-

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions

Instead of listing all the changes which is nearly imposable now what I will do is try to explain our goals for each system of game play. So when testing if it is not playing like described please consider it a bug and report it. Ok here we go…..

True Survival A16

Profession---Upon starting, players choose which job they had prior to the apocalypse using the "start here" profession kit found on their tool belt (hot bar). This choice will determine the starting skills and exclusive specialty items the player can craft. Players are able to learn all Professions over time by collecting 20 Profession Pages and crafting another Professions Kit. The following are the

Profession choices:

Carpenter

Starting Recipes - All Wood Frames

Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Faster Crafting

Starting Bonus Gear- Claw Hammer 300q

Doctor

Starting Recipes – doctor Book; painkillers; super Pill; painkiller Shot; stimulant Shot; infected Shot; sedative Shot; firstAidKit; aloe Cream; antibiotics

Starting Bonus Stats – None

Starting Bonus Gear- suture Kit; painkiller Shot x2; stimulant Shot x2; aloe Cream x2

Cop

Starting Recipes – nightstick; gun Oil; weaponRepairKit; Pistol

Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Better Dismemberment Chance; 10% Faster Reload Speed

Starting Bonus Gear- old Revolver 600q; 9mm Rounds x16

Soldier

Starting Recipes – grubs; weaponRepairKit; pipe Bomb; blunderbuss; blunderbuss Ammo; mineCookingPot; AK47

Starting Bonus Stats – 15% Better Dismemberment Chance; 10% Faster Reload Speed

Starting Bonus Gear- old Rifle 600q; 308mm Round x19

Chemist

Starting Recipes – red Bull; stimulant; mixed Chemicals; oil Shale; gunpowder; biofuel; purification Tablets

Starting Bonus Gear – stimulant x6

Chef

Starting Recipes – All Cooking Recipes; sharpening Stone; fruit Juice; goldenrod Tea; red Tea; foodPrepTable; mega Crush; beer; mead; grain Alcohol; wellness Juice

Starting Bonus Gear – old Knife 600q

Fitness Instructor

Starting Recipes – red Bull; wellness Juice; goldenrod Tea; red Tea; fruit Juice

Starting Bonus Stats – 5% More Stamina; 5% Less Stamina Degradation; 10% Faster Walk/Run Speed; Double hold breath time

Starting Bonus Gear- Bat 300q

Fireman

Starting Recipes – aloe Cream; firstAidBandage; fireman Axe; Molotov cocktail

Starting Bonus Stats – 5% More Stamina; 10% More Block Damage

Starting Bonus Gear- fireman Axe 300q

Iron Worker

Starting Recipes – All Scrap Iron Frames

Starting Bonus Stats –5% More Block Damage

Starting Bonus Gear- wrench 300q

Electrician

Starting Recipes – wire Tool; shock Stick; electric wire relay; All Player Lights; Spotlight; speaker; switch pressure plate; tripwire post; electric timer relay; pressure plate Long; motion sensor; electric fencepost; generator bank; battery bank

Starting Bonus Stats –5% Faster Crafting, 5% Less Repair Quality Loss

Starting Bonus Gear- wire Tool 300q

Steel Welder

Starting Recipes – All Scrap Forged Frames (Steel

Starting Bonus Stats –5% Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear- welder Tool 300q

Thief

Starting Recipes – iron Shiv; lock Pick

Starting Bonus Stats –2 Block Treasure Radius; 25% Faster Loot timers; 20% Faster Crouch Speed; 25% Less Noise

Starting Bonus Gear- lock Pick Gun 600q; lock Pick x 50

Park Ranger

Starting Recipes – wood Spear; wood Javelin; Spike Trap; herbal Antibiotics; purification Tablets

Starting Bonus Stats –10% Faster Crafting

Starting Bonus Gear- old Rifle 600q; 308mm Round x 19

Mechanic

Starting Recipes – auger; chainsaw; generator bank, minibike

Starting Bonus Stats –None

Starting Bonus Gear- screwdriver 300q

Mason

Starting Recipes – All Brick Frames

Starting Bonus Stats –5% Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear- brick Hammer 300q

Bouncer

Starting Recipes – brass Knuckles; beer; mead; grain Alcohol

Starting Bonus Stats –5% Slower Stamina Degradation

Starting Bonus Gear- brick Hammer 300q

Backpack-

Added one row of backpack slots

Building-

Blocks no longer upgrade or downgrade into other types of blocks. Wood only upgrades to wood not to Scrap Iron.

All Player building blocks (but Log Cabin Wood) are upgraded from Frames (Cobblestone Frames, Brick Frames, Cement Forms)

Building block recipes are no longer locked behind levels or required perks. To learn to build the Frames and Upgrade Material for a building set simple craft the required Tool and destroy world blocks of that style to retrieve building supplies to re build that style of block. Only the required tool will result in the retrieval of the needed materials and only by using these supplies to rebuild a block will you gain xp in the needed skill to unlock the crafting recipes so you do not have to scavenge for supplies anymore.

Food-

Introducing Food Spoiling in world loot! The longer a plyer plays a map the less fresh and unspoiled food they will find and the more spoiled, moldy foods they will find.

All basic uncooked foods can be broken down (scraped) into serving (Fruit, Grain, Protein, Veggie). These serving s can be combined to make more nutritious foods.

New Workstation - The Food Prep Table –Used to break down food serving more efficiently, store them and cook them into nutritious meals.

New Stat- Nutrition- When you combine food groups you get nutrition (1 Severing Type + A Different Severing Type = 1 Nutrition) When the player starts and learns their profession their Nutrition stat is set to the highest level “Healthy Diet”. There are 3 good stages to Nutrition. Good Diet; Balanced Diet; Healthy Diet.

At “Good Diet” you will start to gain wellness and health effects from foods.

At “Balanced Diet” you will begin to heal faster from injuries like broken or sprained leg, dysentery and other injuries.

At Healthy Diet when you are full you will receive a slow heal over time. It takes 7 game days for the full Nutrition buff to fade completely.

New Stat- Bad Nutrition- The longer it has been since you had “Good Diet” the more your Malnourished Stat will start to stack up. It also has 3 stages Bad Diet; Vitamin Deficiency; Malnourished. Once all good Nutrition buffs fall off you will no longer receive wellness or health from food or drink.

At “Bad Diet” you will get hungry faster and lose stamina.

At “Vitamin Deficiency” you will take longer to heal from injuries; get hungry faster; lose stamina and move slower.

At “Malnourished” you will take longer to heal from injuries; get hungry faster; lose stamina; move slower and slowly start to lose wellness.

Workstations-

All work station beside smelters(forge; Blast Furnace; Food Prep) require the player to stay inside them for them to run. Most Workstation recipes are 5 seconds now, with perks they can be 1 second.

Completely new Skill / XP System-

ALL quality items have their own crafting skill and crafting a quality item only gives XP toward its own crafting skill. So crafting Stoneaxes only gives XP for improving Stoneaxes.

Dead is Dead-

There is no Minimum Wellness anymore.

IF YOUR CHARACTER WELLNESS FALLS BELOW 1 YOU CAN NOT RESPAWN.

(and the room goes quiet)

*all I can remember for now I will add to this as we go

To join the server-

Download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

After installing and updating the Mod Launcher click on Open URL and paste this in there-

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SpiderJZMOD/7D2DModLauncher-File/master/7d2dLauncher.xml

Press Enter.

Uncheck EAC and install (might take a long time the first time)

In the Mod description in the Launcher you will find the current Server Password. Click on "show more information" to find it. The Server Password will change whenever the clients need refreshing.

After starting game the ip and port will be automatically populated.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)