True Survival

Spider

i know its not anyone else's problem but i play on a potato pc ( cant afford a new one atm) is this near the same as the sdx version, i tried the SDX edition but this darn pc just freezes up on me.

i know cant play fav's or fix it for everyone single person but if you can keep this one alive to it would be greatly appreciated.

It's similar to SDX but missing a number of things (check the first page of the forum post for each mod for the features). I moved from SDX to JZMOD mainly because my SDX character kept resetting, and because SDX needs a better PC to run well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Generator Sound

First, great job with this mod!

Have a way to turn off the "big generator" and "small generator" sound when on? I cant find this entry in "sounds.xml"

Thanks!

(and sorry about my english)

Hello, one question, how i can get more xp, i am in day 1 and killed some zeds but im still in lvl 1... sorry my bad english

HAHAHAHA!

Its not that type of mod. LOL. Thanks for the laugh this morning. This is a mod that is built to stretch out game play meaning you are going to level much slower. A veteran of TS can get maybe 2 or 3 levels in a few hours of game play, as a new player you should be able to manage at least a level every few hours of game play. Killing zombies does not give you a lot of XP, but doing anything but standing still gives XP. Moving, hitting, cutting, mining, hunting, crafting just about everything you do gives xp. I would suggest not trying to grind levels as I design the mod with the intent of eliminating the need and ease of grinding just about anything. Try and play the mod like its an RPG. So just live your life as that player trying to survival the zombie apocalypse and you will level just fine.

HAHAHAHA!

Its not that type of mod. LOL. Thanks for the laugh this morning. This is a mod that is built to stretch out game play meaning you are going to level much slower. A veteran of TS can get maybe 2 or 3 levels in a few hours of game play, as a new player you should be able to manage at least a level every few hours of game play. Killing zombies does not give you a lot of XP, but doing anything but standing still gives XP. Moving, hitting, cutting, mining, hunting, crafting just about everything you do gives xp. I would suggest not trying to grind levels as I design the mod with the intent of eliminating the need and ease of grinding just about anything. Try and play the mod like its an RPG. So just live your life as that player trying to survival the zombie apocalypse and you will level just fine.

haha lol, well now im lvl 2 xD and for what is the keystone?

FYI. All A16 True Survival discussions, suggestions and work will be done here and not in the SDX Thread. That thread is closed. Modding has begun for A16, soon as we have something that will load stable it will be up on the test server and I will post the info.

After playing around with the new XP system we have decided to stick with our previous plans for the True Survival XP System and are working on it now.

FYI. All A16 True Survival discussions, suggestions and work will be done here and not in the SDX Thread. That thread is closed. Modding has begun for A16, soon as we have something that will load stable it will be up on the test server and I will post the info.

After playing around with the new XP system we have decided to stick with our previous plans for the True Survival XP System and are working on it now.

Awesome, can't wait. this is the best mod for 7dtd :) Keep up the good work!

Fantastic mod Spider, TS truly gave a second (huge) life to my 7D2D experience. This kind of harsh challenge is exactly what I'm looking for in video games.

Can't wait for your A16 update as it's inconceivable to go back to easy vanilla.

Thx for the zealous work

Looking forward too it, Vanilla is already to fast to lvl and progress lol

Looking forward too it, Vanilla is already to fast to lvl and progress lol

Yes, by level 15 or so you can have concrete and steel, and getting to L15 is very very fast. The good news is coding is already under way for the new version. It will take a while though.

Yes, by level 15 or so you can have concrete and steel, and getting to L15 is very very fast. The good news is coding is already under way for the new version. It will take a while though.

Ive died 4 times already, and only lvl 4. Ive found its partially my fault though. Im used to being able to just stand around and send a message in steam, or answer a text, nooooo way, zeds feel much smarter, vultures are a pain, wolves scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of me too.

It’s that time again True Survivors. Time to put our thinking caps on, pull up our big boy pants and make the most challenging 7 Days to Die Mod, True Survival. And with every build the task gets larger and larger. That’s where ya'll come in. The True Survival Team is looking for a few good modders and imaginteers to help in creating the A16 True Survival Mod. Any and all skills are welcome. Any and all levels of involvement are welcome.

To be listed as a contributor and a member of the TS Team in the Mod credits tangible work must be completed and used in the mod. Types of contributors we are looking for. POI Builders, xml and C# coders, 3D Modelers, or anyone that is proficient in editing any specific system of the game.

Want to be a Team Member but not too computer inclined? Do you like story telling are you imaginative? We have lots of new quest and story line work to do so if you want to help make the story line for the mod or help in making creative quest objectives we can use you.

Want to be involved but not interested in actually doing any work? Well we got the job for you too! We need your brains! We need veteran players of the vanilla game and/or of True Survival to help with game play ideas, balancing and parsing the good from the bad of any new ideas.

If you are interested in helping out please message me through Steam here-

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071700260/

and I will give you access to the Dev Section of the True Survival Groups Forums here-

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer

That is where all development discussions will take place until the mod is released.

A new temperature system will be great. Frequently swapping your poncho and your warm jacket is not cool and immersive and there is a huge unrealistic difference between those two. Rim World has a great system and I think its adaptable to 7d2d. Air conditioners, heaters, seasonal global temperatures would be awesome.

A new temperature system will be great. Frequently swapping your poncho and your warm jacket is not cool and immersive and there is a huge unrealistic difference between those two. Rim World has a great system and I think its adaptable to 7d2d. Air conditioners, heaters, seasonal global temperatures would be awesome.

AC and heaters might be doable, kinda like how the forge and campfire do. I actually like the weather and temperature system, it adds immersion for me, i carry a puff coat with me at all times

AC and heaters might be doable, kinda like how the forge and campfire do. I actually like the weather and temperature system, it adds immersion for me, i carry a puff coat with me at all times

I had a AC unit working in A15 but never made it in as A16 was close. We might need it in A16. Heaters are ez enough as well.

We should make up several new quests, expand on new player helping quests to, starter classes, if they return. And have for really hard quests, like to locate 1 random badass zombie that wanders the map or a certain POI. Possibly a Team quest where you need more than 1 person.

We should make up several new quests, expand on new player helping quests to, starter classes, if they return. And have for really hard quests, like to locate 1 random badass zombie that wanders the map or a certain POI. Possibly a Team quest where you need more than 1 person.

From what i hear wolverine, you wont be disappointed. You might pull your hair out waiting for the mod but you wont be disappointed lol.

I had a AC unit working in A15 but never made it in as A16 was close. We might need it in A16. Heaters are ez enough as well.

The main idea is temp differences between indoors and outdoors, you shouldnt have a hole in your building in order to heat or cool it indoor with enough numbers of heaters/ac's for the building size. Week long global temperatures same in all biomes. etc.