True Survival

Spider

The main idea is temp differences between indoors and outdoors, you shouldnt have a hole in your building in order to heat or cool it indoor with enough numbers of heaters/ac's for the building size. Week long global temperatures same in all biomes. etc.

Well, fully indoor central AC is a bit beyond what we can do at this point. We can have spot heaters and AC units that heat or cool for a specified distance from those sources, but that's about it for now. Think of them as portable ac units and heaters. If you place several you will have full base coverage. I guessing with electricity in game now that at least the AC units will need to be powered.

I liked the mod, cause vanilla is easy and boring. But I hope some stuff will be fixed in the new version. For example, the pigs that run like usain bolt and have hp like the rock is not fun in any way. I could agree that the Zombie bears would have that, but they die in like 1 hit in your mod. Would be awesome to have something to prevent players from using the dupe glitch, cause it seems TFP will not fix that. The lag in the forge/campfire/workbench/etc menu is a pain also.=/

+1 for the workbench/campfire/etc lag.

Also, it's certainly been reported already but the survivors equipped with some guns are extremely CU demanding. Some AK47 survivors even make the game unplayable until they are killed because of so much lag.

What are we going to lose from the sdx version in the alpha 16 version?? Anything? Models, weapons etc...

At least at first we will lose all the SDX dependent models, which includes guntypes, vehicles and newer workstation models. We plan to add in new models at a later release, but the first priority is to overhaul the current vanilla gameplay. Extra guns, visual models etc are all minor gameplay things compared to the experience we are designing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's certainly been reported already but the survivors equipped with some guns are extremely CU demanding. Some AK47 survivors even make the game unplayable until they are killed because of so much lag.

Crafting lag will be fixed again in the A16 version if its still needed.

It wouldn't be so bad if someone would just give the Bandits/NPC's a lesson on the advantages of shooting zombies in the head. Watching (and unfortunately, listening) to a Bandit with an AK47 fire 14 million-bajillion bullets into the chest of a Brute zombie is just not quality entertainment.

Ive been using nanashis a16 bandit/survivor mod and its playing quite well, needs some tweaking but def improved over a15. For one, the survivors and bandits duke it out now(factions xml yay!) and they both kill the zombies quite well, even crawling ones which was a problem in a15. As for them shooting you, watch out lol they are killers.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't be so bad if someone would just give the Bandits/NPC's a lesson on the advantages of shooting zombies in the head. Watching (and unfortunately, listening) to a Bandit with an AK47 fire 14 million-bajillion bullets into the chest of a Brute zombie is just not quality entertainment.

See above. Im sure once stompy gets his hands dirty with the npcs well have a nice working set of code for them. Im tinkering with the xmls but im no modder. Also depends if spider nerfs the npcs badly like in a15 the last version of the mod they were punching bags.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

We're worken on, it we're worken on it. Its a lot of work.

Yes, it is surprising how much work it is. Almost every xml file has to be overhauled, not just edited for new stuff. So much basic new functionality added in A16, I doubt we will even implement a fraction of it in Version 1.0! But, oh, even 1.0 is gonna be amazin.

AC and heaters might be doable, kinda like how the forge and campfire do. I actually like the weather and temperature system, it adds immersion for me, i carry a puff coat with me at all times

Yeah, i use shorts/tank top/puff coat, i have only ever really needed to pull off either puff coat or tank top on either end of the most extreme conditions, it seems to equalize pretty well

Hi Spider, in March you were advising Daydark about the trash can to make the cement mixer :

"@daydark-

No it can be collected you must be breaking the wrong one. You want the one that looks like the icon, the one that the Spotlight looks like it is made from. The small round aluminum silver trash can."

The thing is I can't put my hand on such a round trash can, I didn't encounter any other than the rectangular ones. I even tried to dismantle a spotlight to see if it gets out of it but nope.

Could you be a bit more specific on how and where to find those plz ? thx in advance. I'm on day 229, bit fustrating not having concrete yet :fat:

Loving your work

Ok peps opening up the topic of Profession specifics. What I'm looking for is suggestions on the Profession specific starting stats, items, recipes or perks. Here is our current A16 Profession list. Feel free to offer other starting professions if you can make them unique and fit with the mod.

A16 Professions

Burglar

Soldier

Farmer

Mechanic

Park Ranger

Welder(steel worker)

Electrician

Iron Worker(iron Worker)

Fireman

Police

Fitness Instructor

Chef

Carpenter(wood worker)

Doctor

Chemist

Prof.

One possible profession could be like a hunter. I know you have the compound bow in SDX, however I like the one that A16 has. Something like that. I like how you worked the rest of them. I don't usually run on random-gen, so if you could possibly find a way to put the cane on Naz that would be great. Would love to see TFP using some of your mods in the regular game, the wife and I play together on the PS4. But, all and all really love what you have done so far. Waiting to see what you have planned for us in the future.

Ok peps opening up the topic of Profession specifics. What I'm looking for is suggestions on the Profession specific starting stats, items, recipes or perks. Here is our current A16 Profession list. Feel free to offer other starting professions if you can make them unique and fit with the mod.

A16 Professions

Burglar

Soldier

Farmer

Mechanic

Park Ranger

Welder(steel worker)

Electrician

Iron Worker(iron Worker)

Fireman

Police

Fitness Instructor

Chef

Carpenter(wood worker)

Doctor

Chemist

How bout nerdpoler, you could start with recipe for wood frames, barbed wire fences and grain alcohol, all good for running away and escaping from zombies. You could make the nerdpoler immune to the anti nerdpoling stuff youve added into the mod. What you think?:angel:

Oh, almost forgot, the nerdpoler needs a spear to jab zombies in the head while hes on the roof.

A16 Professions

Burglar

Soldier

Farmer

Mechanic

Park Ranger

Welder(steel worker)

Electrician

Iron Worker(iron Worker)

Fireman

Police

Fitness Instructor

Chef

Carpenter(wood worker)

Doctor

Chemist

Boxer or MMA fighter, high stamina, fighting skills

Not sure if this is possible but how about an infected or half undead class?

- Can only eat rotting flesh

- murky water doesn't cause dysentery

- Never gets a wellness bonus

- Damage to body/limbs reduced by 1/2, damage to head x2 damage

- Infected animals won't attack unless player attacks

- Constantly smells

- Undead strength does x3 melee damage

- Extra stamina

- Reduced run speed

Something along those lines.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Spider Bite

I don't suppose there is a way to turn off Spiders and Scorpions. I only ask cause Spider Bites are the only thing giving me a hard time early in the game. There is no way for me to make anti-venom without cornmeal...and i have to find that "lucky" or read it...which is also luck. Is there anyway around this? Thanks, great mod btw

I don't suppose there is a way to turn off Spiders and Scorpions. I only ask cause Spider Bites are the only thing giving me a hard time early in the game. There is no way for me to make anti-venom without cornmeal...and i have to find that "lucky" or read it...which is also luck. Is there anyway around this? Thanks, great mod btw

I read that they are in the blocks.xml.

Also they're in the sdx version not this one.

News!

Getting close to something worth putting on the test server. Its starting to look like True Survival again. As for the Professions we dropped Fisherman and Farmer and added a Mason and Bouncer Profession.

Lots of new things but ill save them all for when its ready to test and I post the new description. Stay tuned!