True Survival

Spider

Getting bad nres:

an element with the same key already exists in the dictionary

cannot cast from source type to destination type

discarding net package player stats for entity id 256,258,259,260,268,272 and some others

arrows not picking up but floating around

In the Mod Launcher, you can click on the View menu, and go to Log Files. Then select the game's output, and upload it. Maybe providing the paste.bin link will help figure it out.

Getting bad nres:

an element with the same key already exists in the dictionary

cannot cast from source type to destination type

discarding net package player stats for entity id 256,258,259,260,268,272 and some others

arrows not picking up but floating around

HAL's SDX arrows are not currently working properly on Dedi so we will be removing those from the build. I'm sure there are a few other SDX script errors that will need to be worked on or removed as well.

Thanks!

dead is dead

o its true, and its hilarious. My most favorite new feature so far.

how will this work if im playing with my pals in my server and one of them falls below 1 wellness and cant respawn? will they be able to start over with nothing again?

how will this work if im playing with my pals in my server and one of them falls below 1 wellness and cant respawn? will they be able to start over with nothing again?

Well, that "character" is dead. He will just keep dying upon trying to enter the game. If you want to let them restart again with a new "character", go onto the server in the player folder that is located in the game save directory, and delete that players "SteamID".ttp and "SteamID".map file. When the join the server again they will have a level 1 character with all the starter quests and items.

Well, that "character" is dead. He will just keep dying upon trying to enter the game. If you want to let them restart again with a new "character", go onto the server in the player folder that is located in the game save directory, and delete that players "SteamID".ttp and "SteamID".map file. When the join the server again they will have a level 1 character with all the starter quests and items.

BAWAHAAAA Dead is dead!

server not loading correctly?

updated the mod launcher, installed the mod, attempt to log into the server and get a string of red errors then the game freezes. Let me know where to find the error logs and I will gladly share them.

server not loading correctly?

updated the mod manager, installed the mod, attempted to load the server and get many red messages and ultimately freezing the game so that I have to close from task manager. If you tell me where to find the logs for the login attempt I will gladly share them.

@Krieden-

Your doing something wrong on installing the Mod Launcher or the Mod but its is working for others

@litomaster-

The server is for testing right now the mod is not ready for a play through test so because of that, as stated in the announcement, Cheat is "on" on the server. You can just hit "U" and pull out what ever you want to test, including more profession kits. You can also hit "H" and fly around and check out the custom rwg work. Also the map is still being reset a lot so if u die to much and you get "Dead is Dead" either message me and ill just reset the server or you can just wait till the next day and it should be reset by then.

Just a heads up to anyone that wanted to hop on. We are getting a small sync error on entering the game. It does you no harm just hit "Esc" and you can continue playing. We know of the error and are working to fix it. That is the only known red error so if you get anything other than that please post it.

Thanks to everyone that is testing

You guys better still be slaving away, I'm only on vacation for another 2 days lol. BTW i was just wondering, if someone's character dies permanently and they spawn a new one, won't they have access to their old Base?

I would think so, as long as they wrote down their GPS location. Maybe bedroll will still be active too

- - - Updated - - -

updated the mod manager, installed the mod, attempted to load the server and get many red messages and ultimately freezing the game so that I have to close from task manager. If you tell me where to find the logs for the login attempt I will gladly share them.

I would also totally delete the game that the launcher copied, also i would uninstall 7d2d via steam and grab a fresh copy, that way its totally a vanilla game to start with

@Darkstardragon-

The only way to spawn back in after Dead is Dead is to wipe the map or delete the players files on the server. So yes they might know where their base was and if the set passwords they could use them to get back in but if not all their stuff would be locked up and they would have to raid it like any other base.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

As your mod target is to be harder than everything, did you considered reducing drastically the stack size ? Having 6000 stones in the backpack seems silly.

Did you also increased line of sight for wildlife ? In a16 vanilla, I'm sometimes 20 meters away from a wolf and it doesn't even notice me.

@ libre44 -

The mods target is not to be "harder than anything" If that was the case I could just give all zombies 1,000,000 health points and be done with it. Anyone can make the game hard True Survivals goal is to do just what the very first line in the description says make the game

"more challenging survival combined with a steady slow progression in building & crafting"

My view on inventory is there are 2 types of inventory items, Building/Crafting and Survival loot. Building /Crafting loot is where we suspend our reality because playing a game where you have to walk back and forth to a storage container 100 times to build a wall is not fun or immersive and the whole game starts to fall apart if you limit building/crafting stack size. Now survival items are food,water,medical supplies are where inventory management comes in and stack sizes are more realistic. Also until you play the mod you wouldn't realize that we have added 100's of new looting items making every inventory slot important.

Yes we edit all entities to improve them.

Hey guys, I'm pretty useless with this stuff and the only computer I have that isn't 10+ years old is an overpriced mac provided by school. Can I get this mod running on mac? I'm having issues with the 7dtd Loader right now, anyone know if that can run on mac or am I ♥♥♥♥ out of luck until I finish school?

Thanks a bunch