True Survival

Spider

i noticed...I have the JZMod on the laptop...for some reason I got confused due to multiple topics and got the wrong ones I think... Reinstalling server as we speak

Although I got 1600 hours in the game I seem to die pretty quickly in this mod.. LOL.. is it playable for only 2 to 3 players? Or do you really need all professions to have a chance in the beginning?

I think dying is part of the requirements of the mod :)

A lot of people successfully play single player, so playing with 3 people should be fairly painless :)

Hi,

Downloading TS now. Got a few hundred hours into Valmod and a few hundred hours in Starvation mod. True Survival looks intriguing because folks are saying tis hard, I like the pain!

Question, with Nitrate only spawning caves, the limited number of caves and how little Nitrate there is in caves, does that not make crafting enough bullets near impossible?

Question, with Nitrate only spawning caves, the limited number of caves and how little Nitrate there is in caves, does that not make crafting enough bullets near impossible?

Last time I played it I had Nitrate deposite in Snow Biome, so not in caves only. I think the ore distribution was vanilla there. In SDX version it is different.

The SDX Mod? Yes. This thread is for an older version of True Survival. The newest one being actively worked on is the SDX one. The one in the link. It would require the server and all players to have it installed correctly and a fresh game(but its well worth it). It is available in Sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher for easiest installation and updating.

if we logout our server we all get console problems with only red lines with Null-references

we can't quit / logout and only way to exit the game is through task manager?

yes, it is a known bug not cured yet, but it does no damage besides the need to kill the process in task manager

I think I'm seeing, but I can't be sure, that the 7d2d combine items to upgrade their quality feature is not in this mod at all?

The combine feature was taken out from wood working bench and it was put into Bullet Press (the most advanced workstation). So it is in the mod, but you will enjoy it in the late game.

• 2 weeks later...

Mod not working with launcher

Hi,

I installed the mod with the 7D2D launcher with option advanced - so clean 7D2D copy in new folder... game fails when loading with the following error:

SDX: Could not find bundle "Paprika"

error loading and parsing blocks.xml

It says, Paprika small plant prefab not found on block with id 260.

Also an exception saying "block with name treetallgrassdiagonal" not found.

https://pastebin.com/bEgNqJVM

Any ideas ??

Hi,

I installed the mod with the 7D2D launcher with option advanced - so clean 7D2D copy in new folder... game fails when loading with the following error:

SDX: Could not find bundle "Paprika"

error loading and parsing blocks.xml

It says, Paprika small plant prefab not found on block with id 260.

Also an exception saying "block with name treetallgrassdiagonal" not found.

https://pastebin.com/bEgNqJVM

Any ideas ??

You got an error on the SDX version, rather than the JZMOD version. However, the issue you have reported should be fixed now.

News.-

If all goes well I should have the test server up by this weekend for people to check out the new skill tree and building system.

Since its close I can give a few details.

All quality based items have their own crafting skill. So crafting a Stone Axe only makes your Stone Axe better and after a set number of Stone Axes you will not get XP for making them.

No building material upgrades or downgrades into another. So wood only upgrades to wood not Scrap Iron. Blocks with multiple upgrades will not break back into its many stages. Instead the blocks health will accumulate on the current block and when broken turn to a frame.

New building Paths-

Sod -> time->Hard Sod

Log -> Log Cabin

Frame -> Wood -> Wood+Wood -> Metal Banded Wood

Frame -> Cobblestone

Frame -> Modern Brick

Form -> Concrete

Frame -> Reinforced Concrete

Frame -> Scrap Iron -> Reinforced Scrap Iron

Frame -> Steel -> Stainless Steel

Each building path also has a corresponding crafting skill and unique Disassembling Tool. The tools for each will be an open recipe. To learn the frames of a building path you must use the tool on that type of block in the world to harvest upgrading material from them (like cobblestones or Bricks). After you have gained enough XP harvesting supplies you will be able to purchase the frames. After you have more XP in that building Path Skill you will be able to purchase the upgrade material so you can make it from scratch and not scavenge it all.

The goal is to make a skill tree that’s less a skill tree and more a record of what you have done. So instead of you hitting player level 10 and unlocking the Wooden Doors Recipe and just buying it you will have to work with wood either disassembling POI wood blocks or building and upgrading wood building blocks to gain access to the Wooden Door. This will also mean a player does not have to learn things in order or at all if they choose. You don’t have to level a wood working skill to learn stone. You could just build one of the Stone Building Path Tools and starts taking apart stone walls and completely skip wood.

This will also make group play even more interesting because if another player spends their time hunting or farming or doing something different than you they will have different recipes and be crafting better quality of certain items than you. So maybe someone who has leveled farming trades a Blade Smith a bunch of aloe for a nice quality Axe or Sword. Or maybe a hunter that has stocks of animal parts trades a Steel builder for a couple Steel Doors.

We are trying to go full RPG on the next build. We hope to have a good story line quest and player back stories built in to RWG also.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

What do we think on these block health numbers?

Block	HP
Sod	        200
Hard Sod	300

Logs	           200
LogCabin         400
Wood Debris      100

Wood Frames	50
Wood  	        200
Wood+Wood	400
W+W+Scrap	600
Solid Frame	100

Cobblestone Frame	20
CobblesStone	        800
Destroyed Stone	         100

Brick Frame	        20
Brick   	       1000
Destroyed Stone	      100

Cement Form          50
Ceoncrete Block      1200
Destroyed Stone     100

Rebar	                50
Reinforced Concrete    1500
Solid Rebar	        200

Scrap Iron Frame	                50
Corregated Scrap	                350
CS + Scrap Iron Block	                700
CS +Scrap Iron + Scrap Iron	1000
Solid Scrap Iron Frame	        200

Forged Frame	       50
Rusty Steel	       750
Steel	                       1500
Stainless Steel	        2250
Solid Forged Frame	500

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Adjusted values. Look Better?

Block	HP
Sod	200
Hard Sod	300

Logs	300
LogCabin	450
Wood Debris	100

Wood Frames	50
Wood  	400
Wood+Wood	600
W+W+Scrap	800
Solid Frame	100

Cobblestone Frame	20
CobblesStone	1500
Destroyed Stone	100

Brick Frame	20
Brick   	2000
Destroyed Stone	100

Cement Form	50
Concrete Block	2500
Destroyed Stone	100

Scrap Iron Frame	50
Corregated Scrap	1000
CS + Scrap Iron Block	2000
CS +Scrap Iron + Scrap Iron	3000
Solid Scrap Iron Frame	200

Rebar	50
Reinforced Concrete	3500
Solid Rebar	200

Forged Frame	50
Rusty Steel	2000
Steel	3500
Stainless Steel	4000
Solid Forged Frame	500

@gh0stz3r0-

Yes Zombies are getting re balanced too. along with everything else

Hello, one of the guys in our group only gets 6 classes at game start. He is using Mod Launcher and we made sure his setting are the same as the rest of us. Also not sure if this is related but he does not get the gun or cloths. it is SDX version. he has uninstalled the mod and the game proper and still no luck. We are all sort of at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ric

i know its not anyone else's problem but i play on a potato pc ( cant afford a new one atm) is this near the same as the sdx version, i tried the SDX edition but this darn pc just freezes up on me.

i know cant play fav's or fix it for everyone single person but if you can keep this one alive to it would be greatly appreciated.