True Survival

Spider

Thank you for bringing this back, I was really missing this mod! A couple red nullrefs to report/ hopefully fix:

- one on spawning of a zombiedoghorde (this only threw an error once and I could quit the console/continue playing)

2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.027 INF AIDirector: Spawning wandering horde
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.028 INF AIDirector: FindWanderingHordeTargets at player '[type=EntityPlayerLocal, name=saavedra, id=171]', dist 49.36254
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.030 INF Party with 1 player(s) has a computed game stage of 4
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.030 INF Party members:
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.030 INF Player id 171 gameStage: 4
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.084 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group ZombieDogGroup, zombie [type=EntityZombieDog, name=animalZombieDog, id=579])
2020-06-24T21:39:02 10134.140 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group ZombieDogGroup, zombie [type=EntityZombieDog, name=animalZombieDog, id=580])
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.UpdateSpawn (World _world, System.Single _deltaTime) [0x00066] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (World world, System.Single _deltaTime) [0x00032] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.TickActiveSpawns (System.Single dt) [0x00027] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (System.Double _dt) [0x00010] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at AIDirector.ComponentsTick (System.Double _dt) [0x00015] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at AIDirector.Tick (System.Double dt) [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x0026e] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00297] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
(Filename: <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952> Line: 0)

- second one says this (keeps spamming the console when it happens so have to force-quit)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SphereII_InertEntity.IsInert (EntityAlive alive) [0x00024] in <10fc4e987f7741f89966327b1c55ba99>:0
  at SphereII_InertEntity+SphereII_EntityAlive_update.Prefix (EntityAlive __instance) [0x00001] in <10fc4e987f7741f89966327b1c55ba99>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) EntityAlive.Update_Patch1(object)
(Filename: <10fc4e987f7741f89966327b1c55ba99> Line: 0)

link to full log here: https://pastebin.com/9dnV5jmn

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

---------------------------------Update-------------------------------------
-Fixed Soldiers Profession description to indicate they are immune to Food Poisoning from Grubs
-Moved Fruit and Veggie Juice from the Prep Table to the Campfire so that Jars can be included
-Removed Cigar Schematic Tracking Perk
-Removed Anti Venom Schematic Tracking Perk
-Added Resting Mat that gives the same effect as a Bedroll for Fatigue recovery and healing but does not act as a respawn device or stop zombies from spawning
-Added Schematic, Recipe and Tracking Perk for Forged Steel and Steel Pipes. Schematic can only be found in loot
-Added Schematic and Tracking Perk for Nails. Found in loot and learnt with the Carpenter Profession. Also unlocked with with level 3 Wood Building
-Added Schematic, Recipe and Tracking Perk for Forged Iron and Iron Pipes. Schematic can only be found in loot
-Unlocked Stone Sledgehammer recipe
-Fixed Mason Profession getting wrong loot in case
-Fixed(maybe) error from Wandering Hordes
-Added separate Schematics and Tracking Perks for Wooden Door&Hatch, Wooden Chest, Iron Doors&Hatch, Steel Door&Hatch and Steel Gun Safe. Schematics can be found in loot and crafted on the Research Desk
-Removed the need to stay in the Mortar and Pestle, Stonemill and the Anvil Workstations for crafting to work
-Added Schematic and Tracking Perk for Glue. Found in loot and learnt with the Chemist Profession.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Sorry fell in to a Netflix binge hole and watched 4 seasons of Peaky Blinders over the last few days

@Jurassic Dave Gaming-

Pretty much what Vormithrax said. I do this as a hobby and when its enjoyable for me to work on. There is a  lot of items that still need icons and I'm getting to them when I have the time. Thanks for trying the mod and reporting the bugs I fixed the recipes and the unlocks.

@McKeighan-

Thanks fixed the sledge. Your maximum possible stamina is your current Wellness (increased with food when you have a Healthy Diet mainly) and your current maximum stamina is your Fatigue that falls during the day and can be replenished on furniture or Beds.

@Powderfinger

I have not had this issue but one other reported it. If it happens again and someone could post their output log I might be able to track it down. Definitely freaky looking though.

@belfegor

Thanks got it

@owl79

Thanks I think the log helped me figure that one out. Please let me know if you still get it after updating your files

@belfegor

You start with those quest you dont have to get them. You can find them in your Quest List under the name "Starting Refund Quest" and their description says "This quest is used to return Knowledge Points when choosing your players Traits in the beginning of the game. After choosing your players Traits and Profession it is safe to abandon this quest.".

How do we increase the maximum stamina / HP then?  Mine has fallen from 100 to 97, not sure how it's come down. I've been focusing on only eating foods that increase wellness, although i think my toon is currently stuffed so will have to wait a while before powereating again.  Resting on a bedroll works as intended, but won't go above that "new" hardcap of 97 on my character.

----------------------------------------Update-----------------------------------------
-Changed it so all luggage blocks drop a usable luggage storage container when destroyed 
-Changed the starting Profession Items to be Bundle Items that can be opened in the player inventory and not the luggage block that had to be placed and broken to loot

@McKeighan

That stat(your players max health and stamina/fatigue) is called your Wellness. To raise it you need to have the Healthy Diet buff and eat foods that have the Stat Wellness on them. Mod is my version of Dead is Dead, so your Wellness Stat has the ability to fall to 0 and then your player will not be able to respawn and you have to start a new character or new game. Also for right now Stimulants raise Wellness by 1 with no ill effects, that will change but for now its useful for Wellness only.

I am SO happy this is back!

Loved it when I started this a couple years ago, and am so happy it is back. If there is anyway I can help please let me know, I joined Guppy's Discord and will try to check in here more often.

I don't have the log files for you but the last real issue I had:

I got an eggplant and went to read recipes, instantly got debug screen and every time I opened my backpack up after that it went to opening debug and wouldn't close

restart cleared the issue but I haven't tried to see if it will happen again.

Is there anything special we need to do to set up MP server? we tried the server files (we think), had Tech folks helping and couldn't get past the "creating player" screen

-Again, if there is anything I can do to help progress this Mod I would love to be a help.

Edit-- went back to eggplant and as soon as I click the recipe tab I get debug/console says an instance doesnt have a reference and keeps going. And continues everytime I open my backpack or try any recipe

Edited by Thanimal
Update on eggplant repeatability (see edit history)

I got the parasite army on my first bloodmoon too. bloodmoon part of log and a bit after: https://pastebin.com/H4YSQu3i

the parasites were killable but completely unresponsive, did not walk towards me, nor aggro on attack nor despawn after death.

on quitting (the parasite army was still there) I got another load of nullrefs, log part here: https://pastebin.com/ng6y0RHw

and a repeated odd sighting: Zombie Steve just hanging suspended in the air a few feet above ground, as if the was jumping, but completely frozen in time.

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

I install it manually and drag and drop everything into the directory and get a black screen on starting the game...? Any help?

Edit: Seems to be something with steam or EAC, still can't access the game, though.

Edit: May have fixed it by running the actual launcher in directory as admin.

Edited by AustinMartin (see edit history)

Very pleased to see True survival is back, thank you!

I've noticed a few things:

*On the first screenshot, when horde night spawns in parasites , they do not move or react to the player in any way, they are frozen in place in their idle animation

(Regular parasites manually spawned in or found in the world do not have this problem. Only the parasites from horde nights)

"InvalidCastException:Specified cast is not valid." - (Gets spammed in the console)

*On the second screenshot I went into creative to see if I could reproduce this bug, same thing happens (notice the nurse running for me, parasites remain frozen)

-Zombie Joe is sometimes found frozen, no idle animation, no reaction to player

-A lvl 1 player with no perks or PosTraits and no gear can outrun a bear, direwolf, zombie dog and zombie football player.

I think the healthy diet bonus(+20% movement speed) is what is causing this, I feel like this negates the threat these fast creatures usually bring 

-Smg-5, Ak's and the M60 have a sound bug, the first shots have the normal SFX then no more sound while full auto

I hope this helps, cheers

7dtdReport.png

Untitled2.png

A few things after playing for a while:

1) How does one craft gunpowder normally? I can make it for 1/1 nitrate/coal at a chem station, but the regular recipe is 2/2 but it shows a hammer to the right side and can't be crafted anywhere that I can see.

2) After getting 1 point in stone crafting, the table saw CRAFT shows up but it's greyed out?

From a balance perspective, it's kinda crazy how many small stones come from digging at dirt roads (average of 3 per swing!).

Also mason seems categorically better than carpenter as a profession as you can craft infinite cobble stone blocks for basic resources from day 1, but carpenter requires finding an anvil to make nails to craft more then 10 blocks (or demoing a structure to build a few more after spending many hours clearing zombies). On top of that stone is 250%? stronger than wood.

Hi Spider!

I love this mod and have been playing it for a while. Thank you for updating to alpha18. Some questions I have:

- I got the recipe for Acid, but it can't be crafted in chemistry station or mortar. Where is it crafted and what are the components?

- Crafting a chemistry station requires a burning barrel, but it cannot be crafted. When one is picked up with a crowbar you only get scrap iron.

- Many of the weapon recipes require Weapon Tools. Are these crafted or obtained through a quest?

- Does the oil refinery do anything? When I opened it up it had no recipes...

- A lot of the chemistry station recipes require weird tools like the Copper Still; are those crafted or obtained some way? I can't find the recipes

- Somehow both Anvil and jz_Anvil exist in the game, but the Anvil cannot be placed and doesn't seem to work in a tool slot.

Oh, also the mason hammer doesn't seem to have a way to craft it, and doesn't have the associated quest/levels. jz_Crowbar doesn't have a quest/levels either.

• 3 weeks later...

@caatalyst-

Yes, LBD(Action&Crafting), Weapon parts, Dead is Dead, Light slows Z's, Spoiling Food, Wellness Stat, Nutrition Stat, Fatigue Stat, Individual Trader Faction Stat, Crop Trampling, Crop Fertilizing, Crop Watering, Crop Fumigating, All World Lights turned OFF, Block damage calculated by Tool material and Story Line Quest that explains the infection and allows you to stop it and that takes at lest 100 days to complete and requires living in all biomes and fighting Bloodmoon Hordes.

59 minutes ago, Spider said:

@caatalyst-

Yes, LBD(Action&Crafting), Weapon parts, Dead is Dead, Light slows Z's, Spoiling Food, Wellness Stat, Nutrition Stat, Fatigue Stat, Individual Trader Faction Stat, Crop Trampling, Crop Fertilizing, Crop Watering, Crop Fumigating, All World Lights turned OFF, Block damage calculated by Tool material and Story Line Quest that explains the infection and allows you to stop it and that takes at lest 100 days to complete and requires living in all biomes and fighting Bloodmoon Hordes.

This sounds AMAZING! Can't wait to get stuck in.

Pain for pleasure is my game.

Also @Spider when you start to test and balance for A19 I'd be happy to help and report feedback if you need any assistance.

Edited by caatalyst (see edit history)

@caatalyst 

Thanks that be great. Should be soon I just need to finish what I'm doing with traders and loot and then another pass over recipes and it should be ready for play testing. I still have custom Entity work to do and the end part of the Story Quest but none of that should effect early game. It will only be on my test server for testing and only released for DL when there's a nice layer of spit polish on it this time.

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

@caatalyst 

Thanks that be great. Should be soon I just need to finish what I'm doing with traders and loot and then another pass over recipes and it should be ready for play testing. I still have custom Entity work to do and the end part of the Story Quest but none of that should effect early game. It will only be on my test server for testing and only released for DL when there's a nice layer of spit polish on it this time.

No problem! Tag me on here or let me know on steam- Happy to help out with the development of a great mod and happy to see it returning for A19.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

@caatalyst 

One other question Spider.

When you say dead is dead, do you mean that once your wellness hits zero like it did before? I loved that set-up so much. It really made you careful and think twice about everything.