True Survival

Spider

--------------------------------- Server Updated ---------------------------------

-Mod updated to 18.4

-Over 200 Schematic Perks added

-Integrated all schematic unlocking mechanisms. Now no matter how you learn a schematic they will all be tracked in your Schematic Perk section and no matter how you learn it you will not be able to accidently read or purchase it again. This will help save up unneeded schematics to be scraped for skill paper and just makes it easier to play.

-Added the ability to break down all firearms and retrieve one of its parts for recrafting

-Added a lot of new schematic books to loot

-Changed vehicles schematics to contain all the parts for the vehicle

-Added wild crops to biomes

-Added zombie Bunnies and Chickens

-Removed a few more Item Mods that didn't fit with TS

-And a lot of other stuff I cant remember

-Servers Up

-NEW CLIENT PACK NEEDED AND READY FOR DL

Also how farming will work-

Step1-1 Fruit/Veggie dried on Drying Rack=3 seeds

Step2- Plant seed in Farm Plot

Step 3- Seed grows into 1 of 3 choices. 70% to turn into a dried out plant and need a Watering Can to use water on it to grow in to the next plant stage.10% to get infested with insects plant and need insecticide used on it, it will then turn into a dried out plant then need a Watering Can to use water on it to grow to the next plant stage, if no insecticide used on it it will die and vanish or 20% to move straight to next stage plant

Step 4 - Stage 2 plant grows into 1 of 3 choices. 70% to turn into a dried out plant and need a Watering Can to use water on it to grow in to the harvestable plant stage.10% to get infested with insects plant and need insecticide used on it, it will then turn into a dried out plant then need a Watering Can to use water on it to grow to the harvestable plant stage, if no insecticide used on it it will die and vanish or 20% to move straight to havestable stage plant

*So a possible 20% crop loss without insecticide and the need to water most plants twice before harvesting. I also talked the Great and Powerful Sphereii into bringing back the fragile crops feature where if animals or zombies walk into the plants they break

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can safely say the best times I have had (with a large margin)with 7 days is in A15 with True Survival. Never played the A16 version of TS though, but I'm extremely curious about this version and very happy to see it's been resumed work on (Since I really really -really- hate the path A17 and A18 has taken)

I don't really want to spoil the entire surprise by reading the full list of whats been changed, but have some parts I would love to have answered :)

*Seeing how much work was done with prefabs back then to remove lightsources, I assume the same is done now to get rid of most/all the damn dungeonstyle POI's with lootrooms?

*Will zombies be lootable again? I modded that quickly in A18.2 and that small change alone made the game feel so much better.
*Can the MC/Car/Gyroparts be crafted? Or do we have to find the parts in the world and assemble? (modded this in A18 and it was great fun to not get a car on week 2 :) )

Actually, Might as well ask, how the schematics are handled now?
Do we magically learn to craft new things by putting points in a skilltree, or do we have to find the recipies in the world to learn? (for the more advanced things)

On 5/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, -Holo- said:

I can safely say the best times I have had (with a large margin)with 7 days is in A15 with True Survival. Never played the A16 version of TS though, but I'm extremely curious about this version and very happy to see it's been resumed work on (Since I really really -really- hate the path A17 and A18 has taken)

I don't really want to spoil the entire surprise by reading the full list of whats been changed, but have some parts I would love to have answered :)

*Seeing how much work was done with prefabs back then to remove lightsources, I assume the same is done now to get rid of most/all the damn dungeonstyle POI's with lootrooms?

*Will zombies be lootable again? I modded that quickly in A18.2 and that small change alone made the game feel so much better.
*Can the MC/Car/Gyroparts be crafted? Or do we have to find the parts in the world and assemble? (modded this in A18 and it was great fun to not get a car on week 2 :) )

Actually, Might as well ask, how the schematics are handled now?
Do we magically learn to craft new things by putting points in a skilltree, or do we have to find the recipies in the world to learn? (for the more advanced things)

I can help answer one of your questions. I've been helping Spider remove all light sources from POI's. Ive also removed any barriers that seemed out of place and were clearly there to force players down a single path while exploring a POI. I then took it upon myself to add some story to some POI's e.g. finding signs of previous survivor camps that were overrun etc...  Basically if playing MP you may be unsure if it's the POI, or a player has camped there beforehand and moved on

Oh - and I highly recommend TS A16 if you can get it (there was a post earlier on how to do this). Although it wasn't completely finished it was still by far the best IMO.

Edited by naxter60
Afterthought (see edit history)

Public Testing Open

Mod is out for public testing. It is not finished and is still in active development and open to suggestions, feed back and bug reports. At this time no assets may be used for redistribution. 

Manual Install -https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalA18.git

Also available on the Mod Launcher

--------------------------------Update--------------------------

Fixed Melee Rebar scraping and destroy sound

Fixed Melee Pipe scraping and destroy sound

Added Purification of Water Recipe

Fixed some Progression text

On 5/22/2020 at 9:12 AM, Spider said:

@WRecKLeSS801

-No set TS map, you can use Nitrogen, RWG or Nav

-No TS Menu, when you load in you should have a "Start Here" Workstation Block in your Toolbar. Thats how you can tell its all working Oh! and if you punch grass it hurts haha!

Thank you for that .. I prefer my own maps that I make with nitrogen using combo pack. Have a great weekend and be safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

--------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------------
-Added recipe to remove C Batteries from Flashlights & Vibrators
-Fixed Leather Production
-Fixed Veggie Juice Recipe
-Fixed Purchasing Firefighter Profession with Skill Points
-Fixed Old Rifle degrading on use
-Added descriptive text to spawn window to better explain player set up
-Added the first half of the True Survival Story Line quest. You cant finish what's there completely with out using the cheat menu until I get the Quest POI's set up but the quest and text is in

-------------------------------------------------Update----------------------------------------------------

-Fixed Hand items on Drinks

-Made Bull Skull able to be picked up

-Slightly lowered Carrot and Potato spawn rate in forest

-Made Flagstone and Brick Frames not able to Float, Wood Frames and up still stick

-Fixed Old Knife and Chefs Knife scraping

-Fixed Tool Icons in Campfire Tool Windows

-Made raw Animal Hide decay over time if not cured

-Fixed Vitamin description

-Added recipe for Protein Portion to be used for Charred, Grilled and Boiled Meats

-Added recipe for Grain Portion to be used for Bread and Cornbread

-Fixed Dead Rat scraping

-Increased Firewood burn time from 125 to 350

-Added new icons for drinks

@Erik Louden-

That means you can remove the batteries from them, you need them for your Walkie Talkie for the Storyline Quest

@belfegor-

Yes mod is not finished. I do the artsy stuff last and descriptions and icons are artsy to me. "I get the car driving before I worry about the paint job". If you see something that needs doing to help the player understand what to do or whats going on please tell me and I will get to that first. Otherwise I am aware that items are missing icons and description and am getting them done as fast as I can.

Good day Spider .... I'm not sure I understand the "Traits system" ... 

I tried the negative _ thinking I would get several more point to work with .. but I didn't get any additional point ... so I tried the positive and was only able to buy 2 

Yes _ 2 separate games sitting on a log ...... AND ...... Boy are the zombies overpowered on the most part .. headshots seem to be only thing that works. Once I got done with the traits. 

Also .. I did use the cm before exiting the game and got the dev wrench "which is normally 1 shot anything _ but these guys took 3-4 hits before going down" .. Surprise=Surprise 

Could you maybe explain the traits again on the main page ... When you have time .. no hurry on that.

Thank you for what looks to be an interesting game and New learning curve.  Have a good one and be safe 😌

PS: When checking the load after in game with .. "F-1" .. I noticed alot of redlines .. is that the normal TFP stuff and not to worry about them.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@gpcstargate-

Here is the text you get when you join the game-

"To begin place your 'Start Here' starting item on the ground to choose your characters stats and ability's for this play through. You will start with 5 Knowledge Points that can be used to craft Negative and Positive Traits, and Professions. Purchasing Negative traits will reward more Knowledge Points. Any combination can be chosen but these options do not stack. Positive Traits can also be purchased with Skill Points acquired during leveling and Professions can be acquired by collecting Profession Pages found in loot.

Starting Suggestion- Craft and read enough Negative Traits to acquire the amount of Knowledge Points you need for the Profession you want." 

-Did you read the books you crafted? The Negative and Positive Traits you craft with Knowledge Points at the start of the game are Skill Books and you have to read them to get their effects and gain the Knowledge Points. You know you did it by checking you Perk Menu and looking for the check next to it.

-Yes the mod is Head Shots Only for Zombies

-Red lines on load are ok as long as you can still log in and play

Also there is more discussion about the mod on the True Survival channel on Guppy's Discord if your interested and have questions

-----------------------------------------------------Update----------------------------------------------

-Fixed all Knuckles Weapons to properly degrade on use

-Added Repair Kit Recipe crafted on player

-Lowered Bone loot from gore blocks

-Added small chance for placeable vehicles in car loot(gas and repairs should be the challenge not the mode of transportation)