True Survival

Spider

-----------------------------------Update-------------------------------------

-Fixed Nutrition resetting after Dead is Dead when still having the Newbie Coat on

-Fixed Burn Wound not resetting after Dead is Dead

-Fixed Bad Leg trait not resetting after Dead is Dead

-Fixed Masochist refund

-Added Traders to the POI Spawn Checker

-Added letters to the quest pois in the POI Spawn Check. As long as one of each letter spawns the quest will work

-Added CDC Storyline POI created by Thanimal

@konik-

Holding down "R" will bring up the radial menu so you can see what ammo each firearm uses

Find Wooden Bow Shematic. But can't find description how craft Wooden Bow Handle and Wooden Bow Cams...

Scrap Wire can obtained with a Screwdriver? I find Ratchet and Wrench. But disassembling electrical appliancies don't find scrap wire.

How to harvest and not destroy seeds? May be there is a special tool?

Spike Trap Starter. Zombie don't get stuck in them. They pass there as if there is nothing.

How to start Quest for ''JZSZ_school_K6_01''? Quest not shown on the map and there isn't yellow pointer.

Transport located on the ground disappears after exiting and entering the game

Edited by konik (see edit history)

-----------------------------------Update-------------------------------------

-Corrected required game settings zombie speeds in ReadMe and Launcher

-Fixed Hemophobic and Medic Traits to properly effect injury tending times

-Fixed error where the players Fatigue was not being taken into account for Grab chance

-Fixed all bugs in True Survivals Wound System-

-Anything that physically damages you (except Soft Hands Damage)will add 1 Injury Stack

-There are five stages, 20 Injury Stack per stage 

-Bruises1-20 / Small Wound21-40 / Wound41-60 / Severe Wound61-80 / Gangrene Wound81+

-Bruises heal over time

-Small Wound is treated with Bandages

-Wound is treated with First Aid Bandages

-Severe Wound is treated with Sanitizing Bandages

-Gangrene Wound is amputated with any knife leaving a Amputation Wounds 

-Amputation Wound is treated with Bandages and Sanitizing Bandages

-Each wound stage needs tending twice

-Each successful tending will heal 10 Injury Stacks

-Tended to wounds can increase in wound stage by receiving more damage

-Failure to tend to dirty bandages will increase the wound stage by 1

-When receiving a wound you will also get an Alternate Injury

-Alternate Injuries are Gash, Pain, Arm injuries, Leg injuries. If you have a sprained arm or leg it can also brake them 

-Not treating other types of injuries can add to your Injury Stacks(ie: Gash, Puncture, Burn etc)

**This update is not save game safe and will need a new game**

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@konik-

-Wooden Bow Handle and Cams are found in loot

-Scrap Wire can be obtained with a Screwdriver not Ratchet or Wrench. It also has a chance to drop from walls

-Seeds are crafted on the Drying Rack

-Spike Trap Starter is not a trap it is the start of a trap. Please read its description, it must be upgraded with a Stoneaxe and Sticks

-Not sure what quest you mean. If you mean one of the Storyline quest the POI's are not displayed on the map. You must find them by exploring.

-"Transport located on the ground disappears after exiting and entering the game" Talk to TFP its a vanilla bug nothing I can do about it. Pick up your transportation before exiting

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Thanks for answer, Spider. 

It's not Storyline quest. I took this quest from the traider. It can be seen in the save picture of the attached files. This POI looks like a remade "" Favales Academy". 

When I asked about seeds I thinked that craft as vanilla :  5 harvest item=1 seed. In this case farming would be useless.

Now  I see : 1 harvest item=2 seeds. And using fertilizers and constantly planting and harvesting, you can increase the yield several times. 😀

I tried to upgrade Spike Trap Starter before. But  aimed the Stone Axe at the center, but it was necessary to at the base Trap. 

Cool mod. One feels that its features are thought out and have a logical interconnection. 👍

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2021.01.24 - 18.52.54.49.png

----------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------------------------
-Fixed Broken Arms and Legs to last through death
-Fixed Sprained Arms and Legs to last through death
-Fixed Abrasions to last through death
-Fixed Concussions to last through death
-Changed death to add 5 Injury Stacks
-Fixed Gash from applying to much

@konik-

If a Trader POI quest doesn't seem to be working just drop it and get another

What kind of electronics is this you can get scrap wire by screwdriver ?

I dismantling lamps, microwaves, coffee makers, control units on the water plants and don't find scrap wire...

Scrap wire dropped sometimes when dismantling walls... 

Do traiders give more than two rewards for completed tasks?

---------------------------------------Update------------------------------------------
-Fixed bug where thirst or hunger wellness loss would not be removed when cured
-Removed the ability of Cement and Concrete Mix to be scraped
-Fixed Explosive Skill not leveling

-------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------------------
-Fixed a few zombies giving an error when looted
-Removed the ability to scrap Corn Meal into Grain Servings
-Changed Corn Meal and Flour to spoil(but not as fast as other foods)
-Removed the recipe to make Flour with Grain Servings

10 hours ago, Spider said:

-------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------------------

Guess I need to update my other post :). So the idea is that grain servings are solely from Wheat now?

Also, this was your last patch but when leveling iron tools I had a scrap iron frame and would upgrade it then dismantle it, and I'd end up gaining scrap iron plates in the process (basically I'd end up creating scrap iron plates with this process). This didn't happen with steel, I'm assuming the iron numbers need to be lowered?

@Spider You are probably aware of it already, but the block "torchWallHolder" you have commented out in the TrueSurvival\Config\blocks.xml is causing some custom POIs to error out and fail to load. I borrowed your work-around from the block just above it and the POIs load just fine, because it converts the torches to air:

<block name="torchWallHolder">
    <property name="Extends" value="air"/>
</block>

Good fix for people using 3rd party POIs such as CompoPack. Was there another new block I should have replaced these with instead?

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

Hey, i need some help on the server. The server is in pretty bad shape, and i cant get it to work properly.

I've noticed theres some quests causing alot of issues. One thing that happens is that u can't loot containers anymore. I started getting this issue like an hour ago on the server. When u relog, the problem goes away, for a little while, then it returns. Every time you reconnect the time before the bug starts tends to get shorter, so opening containers stops working after just a few containers, or in worst case, no matter how much u restart u can't open any containers at all. This however is not the only issue.. the server starts lagging, and zombies start moving super fast, occasionally teleporting, fps gets worse, and zombies start attacking your character on positions you were at earlier, which causes you to lose hp. So ur basically hit by invisible zombies with no way to dodge them. 

I had this problem before, and i managed to fix it by removing all quests and restarting game, after that containers started working again. Occasionally however the problem reappears. Now i was able to find again a quest that was blinking on the map causing the problem, so i removed it and restarted. The problem reappeared a few minutes later, and after maybe 5th restart, and zombies starting to lag, i decided it was no longer safe at CDC so i took my gyro and decided to fly back to base. I also could not just log out with my gyro on the roof, cause last time i did that, when i logged back in gyro had disappeared along with all loot. While i was flying back to base, the graphics started to go weird and foggy, and game wouldnt render properly. Because of this and some lag, i crashed with my gyro on the roof of a house only 50m from my base. Some zombies awoke, and these were the nasty invisible ones. I was taking alot of damage without actually taking any hits. I managed to kill all the zombies, and stay alive just barely. The copter was acting weird and glitching also, and i couldnt get it off the roof. I decided to move my stuff into my motorcycle and then pick up my gyro, then drive the bike down from the roof and head to base. I was very careful not to wake up more zombies. I placed a bed on the concrete roof to heal up myself to be safe, but the bed just exploded. Some kind of bug. I at least treated all my wounds to not lose more hp since i could not heal my guy. Suddenly my hp went down and i had just one hp left. There was no zombies around, and nothing was draining my hp. I looked through my status effects, and everything seemed fine. About a minute later, i suddenly died. Like something was draining on my hp that wasnt in the descriptions. I'm not sure, but it might have had something to do with the bug i had the other day, where i was suddenly unable to get wellness from food, eventho i had perfect diet. I was unable to open any containers, and i restarted game many times, but every time i enter the game i still cant open containers. I cant get back my backpack with all my gears, and im afraid the gyrocopter and motorbike will disappear too, especially if theres a server reset or so.

I'm level 60 on the server with 4k zombie kills and 0 deaths so far... its very annoying to die from the combination of all these bugs and issues. Even more annoying if i lose all my gears i worked so hard to get, cause i cant pick up my backpack anymore. I usually play with just 1 life, and do complete restart if i die, but now there was nothing i could do to avoid death, so its rather annoying.

I hope there's some solution to these bugs, and some way i could get my stuff back. Thx in advance if you can help out, Spider. If nothing can be done, i'm probably not motivated enough to continue the game anymore. If you need details of some of the bugs, ill try to give a better description or answer questions. 

Edited by EsTygo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Spider,

Enjoying your mod so far, tons of fun.  Great work and thanks for making it.

Question for you that I can't see the answer to in the forums here.  How much of the questline have you finished creating?  We've gotten all the way to the quest where we have to fertilize the engineered seeds.  The action of "fertilizing" doesn't seem to work and we're wondering if this is as far as you've gotten.

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...

How repair iron spike trap?

I have tried repairing with a Stone Axe, Wrench, Claw Hammer, Welder Tool, Nailgun  having in my backpack Short iron pipe, Nut and Bolt, Forged Iron and can't repaired damaged Iron spike trap.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:53 AM, Spider said:

-Fixed a few zombies giving an error when looted

i am yet to see your zombie dragon added to the mod :)

First of all... thank you for this fantastic MOD.  I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Secondly.... I'm stuck and need some help.  I need to obtain the tissue extractor from the old camp at the Favales Academy.  I've been to 3 different Favales Academies in different towns and they are all the same standard POI with no extractors or camp set-ups.  What am I missing?