True Survival

Spider

On 12/3/2020 at 1:20 AM, Spider said:

@Deko-I just used ^ that link and clicked "Code" then clicked "Download Zip" then right clicked on the zip and clicked "Extract to True Survival A19 Test Client/" and it worked fine. It is almost 3GB fyi.

thank you for your support spider. i'm downloading it right now via the launcher.

Hey Spider,

First off, as posted 100 times here by others, add me to the list of people thanking you for making this mod. Definitely makes me laugh at vanilla and I've spent WAY too much time with your mod in past alphas and this one.

I noticed a weird quirk with the blunt weapon leveling, it might happen to other weapon skills but I haven't gotten them up high enough. Once you get to 91 you seem to lose the attack speed bonus. The XML file seems right from my limited modding knowledge (I just viewed it, didn't edit anything), but I noticed the slowdown through 2 played characters. The attack speed goes away and is also removed from the description. I get that the description could just be text and not the actual calculation but figured I'd mention it. The attacks per minute number on the character sheet also drops, so it's not just my perception. No buffs/debuffs either.

Also, now that I'm posting I have 2 more minor items I've noticed. The new hot-pipe to remove a gash doesn't seem to be working. You take the damage, but the gash sticks around. This might have been a patch ago so it might be fixed by now but I figured I'd bring it up.

I also noticed that harvesting wild goldenrod gives farming XP. I'm assuming this was unintended since nothing else wild gives it?

Hey Spider or community,

this is an awesome mod! Just survived my first Blood Moon. Made a base on top of a fire station. Hey, trying to understand the structural integrity of this mod .... and not sure if I'm missing something. I'm trying to put a roof over my base, but can build any blocks off the side of existing blocks. Am I just not using the right building blocks??? I have been throwing down the Flagstone Frames and upgrading them. Any help would be super helpful. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

@AsukiFiesta-

No that's the only DL I host. Have you tried using the 7D2D Mod Launcher? I know others are using it successfully

@Xorian-

Thanks for posting the feed back and yes those all sound like bugs I'll try and get them fixed in the next update.

@BluBusBandit-

The mod does not edit the SI on building blocks but the frames for Bricks and Flagstone do not support horizontally like other building material frames. Reasoning behind this is they are just sticks and strings to lay out your stone laying unlike say the Wooden Frame that is boards with nails holding it in place. Once you upgrade them they will have the normal Brick and Flagstone horizontal support. So just support your build until you upgrade it then remove the supports.

------------------------------------------------------ Attention Test Server Players --------------------------------------------------------------

The test server and current map will be coming down later this week. So if there was anything you wanted to do like take a picture of your build or something now would be the time to do it. Server will be back up with new map on 19.3 after I update and complete more of the mod. It is Holiday Season here and I dont know how fast I will be able to get it updated so it might be a few days. Merry Christmas All!

On 2/24/2016 at 7:29 AM, Spider said:

Grain Crops - Corn, Wheat

Hello there! I started playing this mod for the first time and wow, it's hard. Very difficult even at the suggested settings, which myself and a friend are playing on.

In our game, we are struggling to find any grain. I think it will finally kill us, as we went with a bad diet for too long and then into vitamin deficiency etc.

My question is, has something changed with corn? When we scrap it or use it, it doesn't show as grain. It scraps to vegetables. It seems like it was originally added in as a grain crop. 

On 1/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, Lumun said:

Hello there! I started playing this mod for the first time and wow, it's hard. Very difficult even at the suggested settings, which myself and a friend are playing on.

In our game, we are struggling to find any grain. I think it will finally kill us, as we went with a bad diet for too long and then into vitamin deficiency etc.

My question is, has something changed with corn? When we scrap it or use it, it doesn't show as grain. It scraps to vegetables. It seems like it was originally added in as a grain crop. 

You can change it into cornmeal in the mortar + pestle, then scrap THAT into grain.

@Lumun-

You can grind corn into corn meal on a stone mill(efficient) or mortar and pestle(less efficient) that you can then scrap to Grain Serving if you need. Also Wheat can be ground into Flour that counts/scraps for Grains. Also things like Chips, Cereal and Oatmeal can be scraped for Grain Servings also. Its the thing that you will struggle with until you get a mill and farm working.  

@MrSamuelAdam-

No the mod has edited POI's and Trader locations that  will not spawn correctly if you use Nitrogen.

Update-

I'm working on the 19.3 update and the rest of the Storyline Quest and End Game content. Should be ready soon*TM (ish)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

On 1/11/2021 at 8:31 PM, Xorian said:

You can change it into cornmeal in the mortar + pestle, then scrap THAT into grain.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:59 PM, Spider said:

@Lumun-

You can grind corn into corn meal on a stone mill(efficient) or mortar and pestle(less efficient) that you can then scrap to Grain Serving if you need. Also Wheat can be ground into Flour that counts/scraps for Grains. Also things like Chips, Cereal and Oatmeal can be scraped for Grain Servings also. Its the thing that you will struggle with until you get a mill and farm working.  

Thank you both! ❤️

-----------------------------------------------Update----------------------------------------------
-Updated Mod to 19.3
-Added Alternator chance to cars
-Adjusted block sizes on mutated decorations
-Added new Negative Trait “Masochist” as a game difficulty multiplayer
-Masochist- For those that want a harder start and game. Lowers current and max Wellness by ½. Lowers current nutrition stats by ½.
-Changed Severe Thirst and Hunger to lower Wellness by 1 every 5 min
-Fixed Hot Pipes healing Gashes
-Added visual counter for Injury Stacks that control the Wound System they can be seen under your Nutrition Stats
-Fixed Explosive damage xp gains
-Added Sphereiis A Better Life Mod. Adds Fish, Birds and other creatures to the world
-Added Grace to Enemy Animal spawns
-Removed the ability to get Hunting xp with Crowbar
-Fixed all reported Localization errors
-Removed Can Sham Schematic from loot
-Fixed some Action Skills ability improvements falling off after level 90 in the skill
-Added hidden quest (StoryLinePOICheck)for ensuring all the Storyline Quest POI’s have spawned. 
-Fixed Steel Axe recipe
-Changed boiling water in a can to use the can but give more water
-Added Duct Tape to the Pipe Bomb recipe
-Changed Honey to ounce like water
-Removed Murky Water from recipes

-Most of the StoryLine Quest is in now including the end game mechanics but it needs more play testing.
-Added some combat events to the StoryLine Quests 
-*One Quest POI “The CDC” is still not finished and is not included but for now the item needed in that POI can be crafted with grass so that the player can continue the StoryLine
End Game Content
-The Brains -Grow 50 each of 5 types of Genetically Engineered Plants. Each only grows in a set biome and requires special Fertilizer crafted from blood only obtained by killing Bloodmoon Zombies that spawn in that plants biome
-The Brawn - Craft a Sonic Projector and place it during the Bloodmoon to summon that biomes boss and defeat it.

*Special Thanks to Thanimal for making the Red Mesa Installation POI for the StoryLine Quest

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@konik-

You can use the vanilla rwg to make your own map. The required game settings are in the ReadMe File or in the description on the Mod Launcher. A TS map will have only one trader in each biome and custom/edited POI's that spawn randomly for the Storyline Quest. 

At the start game I had 5 stars (Knowledge Points). I use 4 Knowledge Points for some Positive Traits. 1 Knowledge Points I decided to use later. But after increasing some action skills I don't find Knowledge Point.

To choose profession I need this Knowledge Point. Can I get it in game ?

And one more question: how get Sinew? I cut a wolf and a boar by old knife but don't get sinew.

P.S. I use hot tube to treated gash. )... But in description to treated "Gash" was written about Cured Sinew yet.

Edited by konik (see edit history)

@konik-

You cant keep your Knowledge Points for later, you must make those choices as soon as you start the game. In its description it says "These Points will not last long, use immediately". This is to stop 1)players hunting new spawns for them 2)finding extra points dropped by others 3)stop players saving them up over many Dead is Dead Resets. No you cant get them in a current game it is like piking your player it must be done first. You only get them when you first start or when you restart by Wellness hitting 0 or eating a Dead is Dead Reset item

Sinew comes from harvesting most animals but only after reaching lv 2 in its Hunting Skill

Gash can be treated in 2 ways, with a Suter Kit(Sinew+Needle) or a Hot Pipe. Using a Hot Pipe will leave a Burn Wound that will need to be treated also.

*...Players are able to learn all Professions over time by collecting 20 Profession Pages and crafting another Professions Kit...* 

This is from description of Professions. 

To get these pages you need to choose a profession at the start of the game? 

And if you have not chosen profession, will you never able to get it?

I find old rifle. But can't use normal ammo with this rifle. And in recept of Gun Powder don't see old ammo.

Ammo for this rifle only loot?

Edited by konik (see edit history)

I ran into a bug on the server, here's what happened.

I started out today, and while i was choosing traits i accidentally clicked "bad leg" when i meant to click "slow driver". I only noticed this after, so i was left with 1 excess point and a character that's limping. I immediately decided to reset character, so i found myself some glass and did Dead Is Dead. When i woke up i still had a bad leg...

Any way to wipe/start a new character? It would also be nice if it was possible to reset the 2 deaths you get from Dead is Dead since i usually play with 0 deaths...

Thanks! Really enjoying the mod, i think its now the best it has ever been. ^^

@konik-

Profession Pages are not Knowledge Points (which are what you asked about). Knowledge Points you get when you start, Profession Pages you craft from unneeded Schematics that you scrap as you play the game. The Knowledge Points are free, Profession Pages take a lot of work. With Profession Pages you can craft/unlock a new Profession as you play. Ammo is show in the bottom right corner as a icon same as repair items.

@EsTygo-

Thanks for the bug report I'll get it fixed. Ill reset your player on the server when get home from work today.