V1.0 b325 EXP (b327 Hotfix)

Thanks for improving/fixing trader placement.

Now got 3 per biome on 6k, 4 per biome on 8k... (I see what you did there ^^)

So... the idea of placing traders inside (bigger) towns (which was very cool btw!) is off the board?

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

Where should I be start posting the critical bugs that I have found in 1.0? Because at least on forums I used 4 different accounts and I am still getting ignored because it's related to PvP.

2 minutes ago, Mando said:

Where should I be start posting the critical bugs that I have found in 1.0? Because at least on forums I used 4 different accounts and I am still getting ignored because it's related to PvP.

You can find the instructions here:

1 hour ago, schwanz9000 said:

Unfortunately, it's not an easy fix. There are several factors at play with how those colliders work.

I've found that if you aim at the ends of each spike, you can get a small area that lets you collect the bag.

Can be at least prevented to spawn drop bags if zombies dies by spike traps at least?

Or have bag stay just above the spike like another block instead?

As per burried supply issue, it didn't happened the second time...so might just ignore that for the moment.

However I see the aiming bow animation sometimes going off that before I haven't seen it.

I'm sure these are all reasonable and cool changes so thank you for that. My two biggest concerns right now, however, have not been addressed it seems.

1. Ladders can't be climbed on like it was before 1.0 exp.

2. Nights should be much darker. A headlight mod used to be a great find but now it is completely unnecessary. Moreover, I often can't read texts in my inventory or in trader dialogues or on writeable storage chests since the game is too bright (standard settings ofc).

Plus:

The leather trunk that can be found in main loot rooms sometimes currently translates to "Leder-Kofferraum" in German version. That doesn't make sense, though. A "Kofferraum" is the trunk of a car. It should be "Lederkoffer" (= leather case).

4 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Open the inventory and click on the lock icon.
You are now in Lock Toggle Mode.
Select any inventory slot to enable the lock.
Click on the lock or close the inventory window to save your options.

Would it be possible to find a "better" location for the lock icon? Maybe infront of or directrly after "Inventory"? Or next to the money?

Because now everytime I want to blindly sort my bag or move things into containers I enable lock mode... 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Thaledwyn said:

Thanks for improving/fixing trader placement.

Now got 3 per biome on 6k, 4 per biome on 8k... (I see what you did there ^^)

So... the idea of placing traders inside (bigger) towns (which was very cool btw!) is off the board?

What is the reasoning behind trader positioning anyway? Why they must be outskirts of the towns? What if the town generation would start with the trader tile so you would guaranteed to have a trader in town. One problem with that would be of course that it maybe wouldn't fit to surrounding tiles too well. So you would have to make different tile for inside town trader or something like that..

Mountain lions do drop bags still.. Wasnt that supposed to be out?
"Removed drop bags from all animals except Dire Wolf and Zombie Bear "

Edit - Nvm, saw it was mentioned and answered already.   If you all want high end loot, kill those mountain lions!

Edited by DatDamnDutchie (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jaska said:

What is the reasoning behind trader positioning anyway? Why they must be outskirts of the towns? What if the town generation would start with the trader tile so you would guaranteed to have a trader in town. One problem with that would be of course that it maybe wouldn't fit to surrounding tiles too well. So you would have to make different tile for inside town trader or something like that.

My guess is the reasoning is mostly historical. When RWG moved to Tiles, there was a single "gateway" Tile and room for the Traders was made there. A21 provided more Gateway Tile support, giving them some style and interesting uses. During A21, at least one Trader got the option of appearing in a City/Town district. IIRC that was the Industrial District. I'm not sure that's possible anymore.

It would be possible to migrate into a "Trader Tile" or even a "Survivor District" for settlements, each with an increasingly larger commitment required to make POIs to support them. When it comes to Tiles, you need more POIs than the minimum to fill out the Tile, else you'll get the same Tile content repeated a lot. Given they seem to want 10 Traders on the map, but are happy with only 5 of them being unique, and that maybe there are 4 other POIs to appear on the same Tile, then they would need to find suitable existing POIs or create something approaching (5*4) 20 POIs for variety.

That's sort of a long way of saying, you make an interesting suggestion, but assuming TFP wanted to go that direction I doubt you'd see it until the next major release at the earliest. Faster, perhaps, might be a return to expanding the districts in which Traders can land. It would take some rethinking of how they currently tag traders.

Given there are many more uses now for Gateway Tiles than just supporting Traders, maybe a single Tile district for Traders isn't a bad idea in the long run.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

No hog rider?

Facing a feral biker riding a dire wolf might have me reconsidering my life's choices.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

1 hour ago, zztong said:

My guess is the reasoning is mostly historical. When RWG moved to Tiles, there was a single "gateway" Tile and room for the Traders was made there. A21 provided more Gateway Tile support, giving them some style and interesting uses. During A21, at least one Trader got the option of appearing in a City/Town district. IIRC that was the Industrial District. I'm not sure that's possible anymore.

It would be possible to migrate into a "Trader Tile" or even a "Survivor District" for settlements, each with an increasingly larger commitment required to make POIs to support them. When it comes to Tiles, you need more POIs than the minimum to fill out the Tile, else you'll get the same Tile content repeated a lot. Given they seem to want 10 Traders on the map, but are happy with only 5 of them being unique, and that maybe there are 4 other POIs to appear on the same Tile, then they would need to find suitable existing POIs or create something approaching (5*4) 20 POIs for variety.

That's sort of a long way of saying, you make an interesting suggestion, but assuming TFP wanted to go that direction I doubt you'd see it until the next major release at the earliest. Faster, perhaps, might be a return to expanding the districts in which Traders can land. It would take some rethinking of how they currently tag traders.

Given there are many more uses now for Gateway Tiles than just supporting Traders, maybe a single Tile district for Traders isn't a bad idea in the long run.

Facing a feral biker riding a dire wolf might have me reconsidering my life's choices.

Not what I was asking but I like the spirit 

I hope they will release everything in the 5 days they got. 

And is there any plans to add the zombie bear, grace, mutated and burning zombies into the horde night spawns. 

We got direwolfs now we need bears hogs and muties oh my

Oh and zombie spawns setting ;)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Game is throwing permanent Null reference exception errors after dropping a molotow cocktail out of my inventory using the mouse (not D).

Bug does even persist after Alt+F4 + restarting the save.

image.png.78aeb0a6e012dcea77a4980e37197395.png

Maybe I should let them know, that they are NEW molies... 😜

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Not what I was asking but I like the spirit 

I hope they will release everything in the 5 days they got. 

And is there any plans to add the zombie bear, grace, mutated and burning zombies into the horde night spawns. 

We got direwolfs now we need bears hogs and muties oh my

Oh and zombie spawns setting ;)

No zombie bears or Grace.
I'll ask about the mutated and burning zombies though. I don't recall why they've been excluded.

2 minutes ago, Thaledwyn said:

Game is throwing permanent Null reference exception errors after dropping a molotow cocktail out of my inventory using the mouse (not D).

Bug does even persist after Alt+F4 + restarting the save.

Another patch is already building.

10 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day to TFP's

The only issue with b326 ... I started back on Tier 1 Quest and I was on Tier 4 quest. Just thought I would Let you Know.

Have a Great Weekend, The OldGamer😌

Yup! I've already posted a statement about this issue on page 1.
Thanks! You too!

3 minutes ago, Thaledwyn said:

Just curious: How long does it normally take to compile a complete new build?

The build itself takes about an hour. We then have to smoke test it for the issue(s) involved. Looking good so far. Should be pushed out here shortly.

• Hated changed the title to V1.0 b325 EXP (b327 Hotfix)
Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

I don't recall how many hours it took to finish Infested Q6 Army Base #7, but not being able to complete it blows.
Same old bug, just more of a pain in the ass with such a long mission.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Did the infestations get nerfed? Feels like less are spawning inside them compared to in b217. 

Just ran 3 tier 4 infestations and it felt like those quests got nerfed or something. It was at Johnny Town, bear grillz and happy motel or whatever that PoI is called. 

I've run Johnny Town before and it really felt like that infestation had way less inside it.