Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

32 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

No idea honestly, but i have a feeling we are all hyper focused on the fps getting improved in version 1, when I think the main thing they worked on was for downtown areas.  I bet if you go back to alpha 21 you will see the same frame drop from your lightsource as well.

Maybe you're right about A21, it's too much of a pain to roll back and check. Tried to but A21 errors out after having 1.0 installed. I'm guessing if I backup up my save and world and cleared them out etc it would work but I can't be arsed right now, I'd much rather be playing than installing/reinstalling/backing up etc etc.

If it's a new issue I'm sure someone else will report it

Edit: Seems you're right, had A21 on a different machine and see the same behaviour a 5-10 fps drop when using a light source. Guess I didn't notice it before as I feel like A21 had more headroom in terms of FPS above 60 whereas in 1.0, having a lightsource on indoors is dropping me below 60 and making it noticeably less smooth

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Also, will there be a way to turn off the news screen that comes up every. single. time. you start the game? It's already driving me batty.

Agreed.  I don't like that or need that.  At least a parameter for the shortcut to disable it.

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

I've noticed a couple zombies walking around POI's I've been looting, one of which was a quest zombie. Are wandering sleepers in the game now?

Yup, not sure to what extent. I asked about it a couple of pages back and got a slightly cryptic reply from Laz Man 😜

1 minute ago, The-Walking-Dad said:

I don't even need a torch outside.

Constructive criticism: bring back the dark nights! Inside it isn't too bad, but there are light sources which would explain that.

I will say that Rekt has a helmet light mod for sale, and I'm considering not even buying it. I don't feel like I need it.

Whenever the Dark Nights mod is ready, perhaps by stable, it's going right back in.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I will say that Rekt has a helmet light mod for sale, and I'm considering not even buying it. I don't feel like I need it.

Whenever the Dark Nights mod is ready, perhaps by stable, it's going right back in.

There aren't phases to the moon, are there? Mine is full on night 1.

I guess not, I've never noticed it before.