Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 hours ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

there is not even a slight chance it's 1920 * 1080

God man, what the hell are you talking about, what the hell faith, you're telling me about fake 1080p and you can't tell the difference, have you ever used DLAA yourself, without youtube? I hope you guessed that the recording was made in 4K, so that youtube does not compress the picture, and the game itself in 1080p? And this is not an official DLAA, but a mod, which fortunately does not ban antichit. Holy @%$#, I haven't read such nonsense for a long time, I've had enough of the internet today...

4 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Hopefully in the next versions faatal can get DLSS SR to work properly, and then we'll get DLAA too. FSR 3 works good, but DLAA would be even better.

I really hope so, but God, there are sectarian types who oppose any new technology, give them any argument, show them on video, even on your phone record the video, and he thinks it's photoshop, that you're lying and it doesn't happen....

He's already admitted the picture is great, but it's not 1080p for him
I can of course upload a 1080p recording with a very high bitrate to a file-sharing service, but they'll say it's photoshopped.

Edited by Egor179 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Egor179 said:

God man, what the hell are you talking about, what the hell faith, you're telling me about fake 1080p and you can't tell the difference, have you ever used DLAA yourself, without youtube? I hope you guessed that the recording was made in 4K, so that youtube does not compress the picture, and the game itself in 1080p? And this is not an official DLAA, but a mod, which fortunately does not ban antichit. Holy @%$#, I haven't read such nonsense for a long time, I've had enough of the internet today...

I really hope so, but God, there are sectarian types who oppose any new technology, give them any argument, show them on video, even on your phone record the video, and he thinks it's photoshop, that you're lying and it doesn't happen....

He's already admitted the picture is great, but it's not 1080p for him
I can of course upload a 1080p recording with a very high bitrate to a file-sharing service, but they'll say it's photoshopped.

By the way, what program did you use to increase the video resolution?

3 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

By the way, what program did you use to increase the video resolution?

Bandicam, just set 3840x2160 in the recording settings and the finished video will be in 4K, it's faster than 1080p upscaling to 4K in a video editor.

7 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Did anyone else notice that falling felled trees fail to fully complete the fall noise?  :heh:

Also: if you're sneaking and fell a tree, the sneak meter does not move at all.

@faatal

Mine intermittently fail to have any fall animation or sound.  No correlation to standing vs crouching.

Did anyone else encountered unusually high tier zombies in POIs?

I was doing a tier 2 infested clear and got ambushed by 3 feral bikers, a military zombie and a feral tourist.

With a pipe machine gun, the fight wasn't very fair and I got my ass handed to me.

It's only the morning of day 10 and I'm level 25 in the burnt biome (game stage 63).

Also, fought four radiated military zombies in a T4 (forest biome on day 6).

I usually play on warrior difficulty but I dropped the difficulty to default for the new Alpha after seeing a few streams but didn't expect that much of a jump in difficulty.

I'll adjust but I was just wondering if that was intended.

3 hours ago, Egor179 said:

I am not the one who is losing words for arguments. Mine were actually making sense. And I did not need to use single swear word :)
I actually think I've managed to hit a very sensitive spot in you because just now I realized that you are reacting to a post which 2 months old.
So what is the problem? Can't afford a better screen so you are trying to encourage the devs to implement this feature?

Also, I have just proven that you were lying about the resolution. Grow up.image.png.3f403428756a7476bd313470a91917e3.png

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

That's news to me, I will check.

@Laz Man Anecdotally, I made my home on top of the Jerry's Fill POI. On the extension above the pumps, I put a layer of wood blocks (since the roof was half blocks) and then a total of 5 farm plots. Below I removed the car and gas pumps and in the far corner added a support with a ladder. All was well until I went to the desert to meet Jen. I stayed out overnight and when I got back, the portion of the roof with the farm plots on it had collapse. Not the whole roof, just a 6x3 block area. Not sure what happened since every block I placed glowed green.

Edited by Professor-Pip
sp (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Professor-Pip said:

@Laz Man Anecdotally, I made my home on top of the Jerry's Fill POI. On the extension above the pumps, I put a layer of wood blocks (since the roof was half blocks) and then a total of 5 farm plots. Below I removed the car and gas pumps and in the far corner added a support with a ladder. All was well until I went to the desert to meet Jen. I stayed out overnight and when I got back, the portion of the roof with the farm plots on it had collapse. Not the whole roof, just a 6x3 block area. Not sure what happened since every block I placed glowed green.

Have a picture?  My guess is as the crops grew taller than 1 meter, the added weight pushed it passed the limit of the supports?

On 6/29/2024 at 11:54 AM, bdubyah said:

I haven't played much myself, but it's been a thing since Steve got the new decap stuff in previous alphas. Watch G9 or a Woodle vid and it happens quite a bit.

Also, unrelated, I was curious what the rewards for the more difficult challenges were and spawned and killed 50 feral wights. My reward options were:image.thumb.png.e092f4eb4300ca147348afe02aaba4d6.png

All of those are T3 weapons except the baton. So people spec'd into INT get a T2 weapon while anyone else would get the top tier weapon of their tree. I get that it is melee only(or I suppose it is based on the choices) but just seems off to me. Are we ever going to get a T3 melee INT weapon? That plasma baton has been sitting in the xmls for a while now...:P

RIP sledgehammer players within those completion reward choices.

6 hours ago, Laz Man said:

That's news to me, I will check.

I've been seeing scattered but steady reports on Reddit, Twitter, etc. that complain about stability just kind of glitching out. People building bases the way they normally did in previous alphas only to have them collapse, POIs, especially new ones, having sections collapse if a player gets near or touches something innocuous.

Usually it's good to be skeptical about cranky anecdotes, but there's been enough of these complaints that I've noticed it as a trend as opposed to an isolated gripe and they're also fairly consistent.

It's possible the POI issue could be weaker systems generating POIs with blocks missing (which is something I've seen happen on big, unwieldy maps), but that doesn't explain the player building issue. Still possible that these are all just separate user errors somehow, but if it's possible to check the "glue", might want to look to see if it was touched by anything for 1.0. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was very difficult to test for subtle stability errors.

-Looting piles of clothes, wardrobes... it's a bit underwhelming now that there are not that much clothing variety (color and slot-wise) and you will 90% loot leather or cloth pieces.

-I wonder if dyes will work by changing colors or in some cases add details i.e. "Shamway" on a T-Shirt or something like that (variation and recolors).

-There seem to be tons of available POI's for quests, but the game decides to repeat the same ones (even the exact same place) i.e. the same Kill All at a Century Outlet over and over when there are tons of Tier 1 POIs nearby.

-Make zombies unable to climb on other zombies please. And a toggle to prevent them from using ladders.

-Sometimes I DM and switch to Third person and play Resident Evil: 7D2D Edition. Playing with guns is funny, an "official" third person mode with melee working better would be a dream. I love watching the backpacks and the armor detail jiggle, characters are incredibly good looking now ❤️

Edited by Teteria (see edit history)

Tiny request for the Funpimps -

Before the official release could you guys perhaps do a quick graphical pass on the new fingernails?

They look like they're missing the textures because they're so plain, solid white.

Just a slight colour shift towards skin tones with transparency and the pale semicircle near the cuticles and they're perfect.

It's just an immersion thing. All the other textures, new and old, look superb now, but the nails just look out of place.

Edited by Alloy1 (see edit history)

Quick question, does multiple points on a perk further increase the chance of finding related books (compared to one level of that perk)?

ps. cities never seem to reset, would be awesome if visiting didn't reset the timer. Better than that if the timer had a small range for more or less so no one could camp the respawn either (like its 10 days but may reset on 9, or may reset on 11). 😁

6 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

Quick question, does multiple points on a perk further increase the chance of finding related books (compared to one level of that perk)?

ps. cities never seem to reset, would be awesome if visiting didn't reset the timer. Better than that if the timer had a small range for more or less so no one could camp the respawn either (like its 10 days but may reset on 9, or may reset on 11). 😁

Somewhat it increases it a little bit you'll still find other books but you perfect to say spears you'll find more spear book's 

9 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

For each level of perk, it increases by +2 the loot probability of picking the magazines from the loot tables.  So if you max out the perk, you would have a loot probability of 11 for that magazine while an unperked magazine would have a probability of 1.

22 hours ago, Fisher said:

I enjoy the free strength perk which allows the extra point into miner 69er and pack mule.  I've never put a point into strength since my 2nd game after I bought the game 10 years ago.  I refuse to buy into TFP's meta that the club is the best weapon that everyone should use and that's why we put the most mods in the game for it....

When did TFP state that everyone should use the club?  I know they mentioned that the club (and strength) was made more for new players to help them out while they learned the game, but I don't think I have ever seen a TFP member or even a moderator push everyone to use the club.