Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

What time does streamer weekend actually start? The website says "THIS FRIDAY, June 21st at 12 PM CST" but CST isn't observed at the moment, it would be CDT which is an hour difference. 

So for instance is it 7pm CEST or 8pm CEST? 

Or for UK folk, is it 6pm BST or 7pm BST?

Yep, it is actually CDT. Time zone is based on Dallas, TX, USA.

Time Converter and World Clock - Conversion at a Glance - Pick best time to schedule conference calls, webinars, online meetings and phone calls. (worldtimebuddy.com)

12 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Thanks. I kinda assumed that but wanted to be sure. Need one of those fancy release time maps 😛 

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

What time does streamer weekend actually start? The website says "THIS FRIDAY, June 21st at 12 PM CST" but CST isn't observed at the moment, it would be CDT which is an hour difference. 

It starts as soon as the very first streamer starts broadcasting. What use is having that exact time as it says nothing?

16 minutes ago, YourMirror said:

It starts as soon as the very first streamer starts broadcasting. What use is having that exact time as it says nothing?

No, it doesn't start "as the very first streamer starts broadcasting", as some no doubt will start streaming in advance to build hype before they can even play the update.

Also, The Fun Pimps thought it was important enough to include in their Streamer Weekend post, so even if it's not important to you it is to them

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Fisher said:

All I ask for is the option to not have the counter reset when the lockpick breaks. (4 secs for gun safe, 3 for cop car, etc.)

At least point me to the xml file where I can remove this tedious timer.

I'm not sure you can eliminate the timer, but I see in progression.xml that you can influence the LockPickTime passive effect from the Lock Picking Perk. You can also influence the LockPickBreakChance.

I also see in buffs.xml where the Jail Breakers candy is influencing the LockPickBreakChance. I've not tried it, but I want to suspect you could put the Jail Breakers effect on something like the Lucky Goggles (apparelAviatorGoggles) defined in items.xml.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

I must say I love all the new armors... even the nerd armor but damn... the farmer has been done dirty. I get it.... it's for farming but good lord the only good part is the gloves..  also a part of me thinks it should be a shotgun but I'm no farmer... all I know is I'm going to photoshop more crappy armor 

Screenshot_20240621_092900_YouTube.jpg

hello,

With all the news about 1.0 recently I haven't heard of any mention of updates for the PVP community. It is no secret over the last year almost every major pvp server shut down from lack of support- including ours , NAPVP. 

I can personally tell you that those shut downs effected thousands of players across the world- alot of whom have dm me in our discord wondering when we will re-open our server.

my recommendation would be please stop ignoring the pvp community and their requests as most pvp players i know have playd this game for years and years. 

3 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Others have answered but just for future reference, most entities in the USA use "CST", "EST", and such regardless of during or not during daylight savings.  CST to most Americans really just means the current time of the central time zone (GMT-5 right now and -6 in the winter).

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I watched Eko's recently published video compiling and detailing many of the most noteworthy changes coming to A22/1.0... 

The only minor constructive critique I can give is that I don't see many players choosing to craft quality level 6 primitive items (perhaps even T1) when they 'should' be saving those very rare crafting components for higher tiered items, so that requirement could be removed, but that's just a minor thing. I'm very eager to see how the progression plays out organically.

I also watched Eko's video as well as the dev streams.

I was also surprised at the use of only one rare crafting component for crafting Quality 6 items. I felt for sure that higher tier items would require more of these rare crafting components. I was expecting one additional rare component per higher tier. The cost of higher tiered items can be offset by a higher drop rate of the rare crafting component.

I generally frown on theory-crafting before even playing a game mechanic, but I share MechanicalLens's critique that the smart player will hold off on crafting any Quality 6 items at the lower tiers and save the rare crafting components for late game high tier equipment.

By increasing the drop rate of these rare crafting components you can encourage a little more "waste" of this resource by crafting them into lower tier items. At the same time increasing the cost at the higher tiers will keep the availability of quality 6 items low despite the higher drop rate of the component.

11 minutes ago, stretch611 said:

I also watched Eko's video as well as the dev streams.

I was also surprised at the use of only one rare crafting component for crafting Quality 6 items. I felt for sure that higher tier items would require more of these rare crafting components. I was expecting one additional rare component per higher tier. The cost of higher tiered items can be offset by a higher drop rate of the rare crafting component.

I generally frown on theory-crafting before even playing a game mechanic, but I share MechanicalLens's critique that the smart player will hold off on crafting any Quality 6 items at the lower tiers and save the rare crafting components for late game high tier equipment.

By increasing the drop rate of these rare crafting components you can encourage a little more "waste" of this resource by crafting them into lower tier items. At the same time increasing the cost at the higher tiers will keep the availability of quality 6 items low despite the higher drop rate of the component.

On one hand I get your argument, but if these crafting components are as rare as they say they are (only T5 and T6 quest rewards, T5 loot chests (rarely), and extremely rarely in any clothing related containers, combined with the fact that quality level 6 items are gone from traders and loot now, means you'd probably only craft 1, maybe 2 items per playthrough if that were the case. I'm not saying we'll be expected to max everything out - choices will still have to be made - but the alternative is they make them a lot more common and that could disrupt the balance.

20 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

Others have answered but just for future reference, most entities in the USA use "CST", "EST", and such regardless of during or not during daylight savings.  CST to most Americans really just means the current time of the central time zone (GMT-5 right now and -6 in the winter).

6a26df330bc1dc59bf58df367e8795f0eccead9b

13 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

On one hand I get your argument, but if these crafting components are as rare as they say they are (only T5 and T6 quest rewards, T5 loot chests (rarely), and extremely rarely in any clothing related containers, combined with the fact that quality level 6 items are gone from traders and loot now, means you'd probably only craft 1, maybe 2 items per playthrough if that were the case. I'm not saying we'll be expected to max everything out - choices will still have to be made - but the alternative is they make them a lot more common and that could disrupt the balance.

Actually, that is a very good point.

If the rare crafting components only show up at tier 5 and higher pois/quests, one would hope to no longer be using primitive and tier 1 equipment at that time.

But even that may depend on how fast game progression is in the new release.

Edited by stretch611 (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, stretch611 said:

Actually, that is a very good point.

If the rare crafting components only show up at tier 5 and higher pois/quests, one would hope to no longer be using primitive and tier 1 equipment at that time.

But even that may depend on how fast game progression in the new release.

I hate theorycrafting as well, but I genuinely am curious how many people are going to feel compelled to save these crafting components until end-game? Like, what is better, a quality level 1 AK-47 or a quality level 1 tact? Quality level 6 tact versus quality level 1 M60? Part of it's min-maxing (if you wait until end-game), part of it would be intelligent assessment and weighing pros versus cons. Like how much better would a quality level 6 double barrel be versus a quality level 1 pump action? Or due to their rare and endgame quest nature, are we going to see players only crafting max level top tier gears because that is the point in progression many players would start finding them? We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. :)

@Roland Perhaps someone like you could help us out there? Did you craft any quality level 6 gear that wasn't end-game tier? (Ex. iron tools, T1-T2 guns, etc.) I'm picking this apart because I find it interesting, not necessarily for constructive criticism purposes. :)

4 hours ago, Doomofman said:

The website says "THIS FRIDAY, June 21st at 12 PM CST" but CST isn't observed at the moment, it would be CDT which is an hour difference. 

The misuse of CST vs CDT is a pet peeve of mine.  At work I encourage everyone to just say Central Time (CT) so they don't make this mistake.

Edited by Code6 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, kimbar2636 said:

everyone should boycott the streamer weekend, several of us have played this game for years and should have the same access to the game. 

Sorry, but this is genuinely a stupid take. Connections matter in all industries, and those who put their time and effort into developing a community, playing the game, promoting it, they do deserve an early slice of the cake. The movie industry does this, the music industry, video games are no different. You would never have gotten the game on a weekend anyway, so just sit tight and patiently wait for Monday. You're not being excluded, and streamers are not the villainous gluttonous spoiled pretty boys you may be thinking of them either (nor are TFP villainous in this regard). Even then, but some people do get special privileges in this world, and if they've earned it, fair game.

You can boycott the streamer weekend though... by simply not watching it and waiting until Monday. :)

seeing waywardeko's vid on the trader balance pass as well as not finding tier 6 items in loot gives me a lot of hope that we wont be beating the game as early as before, i wont lie before hand in alpha 21 yeah its nice to get a tier 6 m60 from a quest reward but it was a tier 5 and basically skipping ahead so many levels of progression absolutely ruined the progression for me, im happy to see there has been a lot of thought into how we as a player are going to progress i know some may not like having to go to higher tier biomes and craft a lot of their gear but i think this is personally the best route to go, what would you guys prefer beating the game by day 20 by spamming quests or beating it by day 60 working your way through the game crafting stuff as you go? i think i know what i'd like.

Thats gonna be so epic, just 1 question i have.
I bought the game back in the day on console and even got all trophies. Will i be able to keep these or will they be removed from my profile?
Thanks!

1 minute ago, Callum123456789 said:

seeing waywardeko's vid on the trader balance pass as well as not finding tier 6 items in loot gives me a lot of hope that we wont be beating the game as early as before, i wont lie before hand in alpha 21 yeah its nice to get a tier 6 m60 from a quest reward but it was a tier 5 and basically skipping ahead so many levels of progression absolutely ruined the progression for me, im happy to see there has been a lot of thought into how we as a player are going to progress i know some may not like having to go to higher tier biomes and craft a lot of their gear but i think this is personally the best route to go, what would you guys prefer beating the game by day 20 by spamming quests or beating it by day 60 working your way through the game crafting stuff as you go? i think i know what i'd like.

Considering that quests never give whole gear items now and trader inventories have also been balanced, I think we're in the clear for longer, more crafting orientated games. :) There was a brief mention of some loot table changes, but Eko didn't go into any further detail about that subject.

6 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I hate theorycrafting as well, but I genuinely am curious how many people are going to feel compelled to save these crafting components until end-game? Like, what is better, a quality level 1 AK-47 or a quality level 1 tact? Quality level 6 tact versus quality level 1 M60? Part of it's min-maxing (if you wait until end-game), part of it would be intelligent assessment and weighing pros versus cons. Like how much better would a quality level 6 double barrel be versus a quality level 1 pump action? Or due to their rare and endgame quest nature, are we going to see players only crafting max level top tier gears because that is the point in progression many players would start finding them? We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. :)

@Roland Perhaps someone like you could help us out there? Did you craft any quality level 6 gear that wasn't end-game tier? (Ex. iron tools, T1-T2 guns, etc.) I'm picking this apart because I find it interesting, not necessarily for constructive criticism purposes. :)

Actually, another good question is do the Q6 items still have variable stats?

I would hate it if if the only stat better than a Q5 item was durability.  Getting a Q6 item that does less damage than a Q5 item really bites.

tbh, I likely would not care for even getting a Q6 item that does less damage than another Q6 item of the same type; let alone have to waste another rare component to craft it again.

10 minutes ago, hoppers said:

Thats gonna be so epic, just 1 question i have.
I bought the game back in the day on console and even got all trophies. Will i be able to keep these or will they be removed from my profile?
Thanks!

I believe you'll get to keep em, will probably still be able to download the old version (assuming you have it digitally). I think they're just removing the ability to buy it rather than removing it from game libraries etc

6 minutes ago, stretch611 said:

Actually, another good question is do the Q6 items still have variable stats?

I would hate it if if the only stat better than a Q5 item was durability.  Getting a Q6 item that does less damage than a Q5 item really bites.

tbh, I likely would not care for even getting a Q6 item that does less damage than another Q6 item of the same type; let alone have to waste another rare component to craft it again.

Quality level 6 items will have around 25% better stats, the last I checked. :) Something like that, 20, 25.

I'm reading through the release notes and I don't understand this one:

A new zombie spawning throttling triggering system has been added to the level editor and the level designers have made use of it to keep the higher count POIS challenging but running better.

Perhaps somebody could expand on the details?

3 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm reading through the release notes and I don't understand this one:

Perhaps somebody could expand on the details?

According to Eko, he roughly described it as the zombies spawning in in stages versus all at once. Hypothetically, this could mean that a batch of 5 businessmen spawn in one at a time (but still quickly) in the Crack-A-Book HQ, for example, and then another 3, then 5.

@faatal? :)

Edit: It could also mean that zombies spawn in one at a time like blood moons or wandering hordes versus all at once like they currently do.