Not a fan of these isolated traiders out in the boonies

ElCabong

On 11/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, Old Crow said:

Are you on a RWG map or Navezgane?  All of the Navezgane traders are going to be isolated. RWG maps still have plenty of traders attached to cities.

This is a random gen and for some reason I'm just out in the boonies. All my missions are half a click or over a click away. It'll be okay when I get my bicycle

On 11/17/2023 at 1:24 PM, ElCabong said:

Still I'm going to give this one to go. It's trader Joel and he's not at all bad. I might move to the next one that's close to a big town or city. I'm keeping my base purposely underdeveloped. 

I ran a RGW maybe 6 weeks ago that was like that.  Made it hellaciously hard to get some of the survival basics accomplished.  Finding water was very tough, and without many locations nearby to "loot' (two POI within 600 meters of the Trader)  there wasn't much that was saleable to the Trader.  It took until day 5 before  I could get a water filter.  I rode for the nearest larger town as soon as I located a Trader in it.

I like the random trader on the highway. Reminds me of a big Truck stop turned compound.

I have to whole heatedly agree will how much questing sucks when those guys give you quests due to large distance.

Maybe their could be a modifier for quest reward for distance?

1.5x the xp, Dukes, reward for a quest over 1km away.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Pernicious said:

Check with your union. At the very least they should be reimbursing you mileage, providing a per diem meal allowance, and if you can't make it home by 10pm, covering a hotel for the night.

That would be cool to be able to call a delivery drone within a given radius of a trader. A stack of anything, or 1 food and drink item. So if you have to stay on a nerd pole in the woods on a far flung mission at least you can get a dronedash of meat stew and a beer delivered. 

Obviously play style and play through goals vary widely.

I have quite enjoyed my current no trader quest run.  Other than looting the trader compounds for magazines and "stuff and things" and selling a little stuff for coin to purchase a few water filters early on, I have not felt a need to settle by a trader at all.  For me it really doesn't matter where traders are located.