What players want vs what TFP wants

Skaarphy

I've been playing 7DTD since 20.7, singleplayer only. I often read in the forums though so I think I have a good impression of what the players want. I also believe that most of the things we want would be good for the game. They would noticably and significantly improve the game. 

On the other hand, I don't know what TFP wants, I can only guess. Three things come to mind:

- They want to sell more copies

- They want people to play the game

- They want the game to be fun and engaging

I have no idea though of their "vision" for the game because they don't say. They don't explain themselves like some other developers do. Their choice, what can you do. 

What the players want, on the other hand, can be summed up with: expanding on what is already there. That is, e.g.: 

- More zombie variants

- Bandits

- NPCs other than traders, with quests and small trading opportunities

- More POIs

- Upgrades that go beyond steel

- Maybe some kind of main story

The thing is, and my point is that what the players want aligns perfectly with what I assume TFP wants. Make the game bigger, more expansive, more rich. It sells well, too. Here's how TFP could market that:

7 new ultra-lethal zombie variants!

Now with bandits! Get ambushed while picking cotton? Take revenge by attacking their heavily fortified bases!

14 NPCs that trade with you or can give you missions!

28 new Points of Interest!

Steel is not enough? Make titanium armor! You can't move but you sure as @%$# won't get hurt!

Like that. Instead, what we got is this: 

- Hey, we changed how water works! Now with dew collectors! And no more glass jars!

- And the character progression, too! Now with magazines instead of how it was before! And before that!

I mean ...

I mean, the obvious thing. Nobody asked for that. Nobody felt that this is where 7DTD really needed to be overhauled. Improved, yes. Completely overhauled, no. 

So, why did it happen? Nobody knows. TFP don't really explain themselves.

I don't mean to say that these are bad changes, not per se. But did they really make the game noticably and significantly better? I'd say no. They just changed things. 

And I don't mean to say that A21 is a bad update, not at all. There are many, many small and not so small improvements. But the two big ones? I really, really wish TFP would have spent their time on what the players asked for instead, and what I believe is a no-brainer, too. Players who like a game always want more of what they like about it. To make it bigger. Fill the world with more stuff. Give them more reason to spend their time there. Not fixing what wasn't broken in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. But that's my take on it, anyhow. 

edit: I posted this later in the thread but maybe it's better to put it here:

Maybe I was wrong. The original intent of my post was to comment on what I'm seeing everywhere: that there is a disparity between what the players want and what TFP is doing. I did not mean for the specific changes I mentioned to be taken literally, I just thought they were good examples for pointing out this disparity, like: if they had gone in this direction instead of that direction no one had a reason to complain. That might have been BS. And probably phrased poorly, by the looks of it.

I still truly believe that they would be good for the game. Not out of personal preference - e.g. NPCs, bandits, a main story, I can do without - but in that they enrich it and make it more attractive, for both new and old players. And that, despite all the good things that came with it, with the two big game mechanics overhauls A21 felt a bit like treading water. But I still love the game and will keep playing it, so there is that.  

Edited by Skaarphy (see edit history)

52 minutes ago, Skaarphy said:

I've been playing 7DTD since 20.7, singleplayer only. I often read in the forums though so I think I have a good impression of what the players want.

Which players?  All players or just the ones that want similar things that you want?

what we got is this: 

- Hey, we changed how water works! Now with dew collectors! And no more glass jars!

- And the character progression, too! Now with magazines instead of how it was before! And before that!

I mean ...

I mean, the obvious thing. Nobody asked for that. Nobody felt that this is where 7DTD really needed to be overhauled. Improved, yes. Completely overhauled, no. 

Yes, this has been asked and discussed many times.  Both that crafting needed a major overhaul and that water was a joke in the game.  Just because you didn’t want these things doesn’t mean everyone else was the same.  You don’t think crafting was broken, but others did.

Please don’t act like you speak for all players.  It’s fine for you to post your thoughts and opinions, but don’t imply you speak for others.  Maybe I am making too much of a big deal about these types of posts, but when posters claim the nobody wanted this or everyone wanted that, you are basically saying anyone that disagrees differently doesn’t matter.

19 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Which players?  All players or just the ones that want similar things that you want?

Yes, this has been asked and discussed many times.  Both that crafting needed a major overhaul and that water was a joke in the game.  Just because you didn’t want these things doesn’t mean everyone else was the same.  You don’t think crafting was broken, but others did.

Please don’t act like you speak for all players.  It’s fine for you to post your thoughts and opinions, but don’t imply you speak for others.  Maybe I am making too much of a big deal about these types of posts, but when posters claim the nobody wanted this or everyone wanted that, you are basically saying anyone that disagrees differently doesn’t matter.

I don't think that's quite fair BFT2020.

Skaarphy was pretty reasonable about how he phrased his post - even to go as far as to say

"Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. But that's my take on it, anyhow." at the end of it.

I don't know myself but I certainly think he has a point asd perhaps a lot of other players might as well.

You may well disagree - but then you shouldn't act like you speak for all players either.

He also makes a very good point about how we don't really get any explanation for the reasons behind things.

Do TFP have to explain their thougt process to anyone?

No - of course not - but some communication would really help people understand why these sometimes seemingly random changes are made.

We got those new POI´s in A21.  

And yes to other NPC´s than traders to give out missions and tougher zombies than radiated ones for late game. With that we ofc need something past steel to upgrade.

One of my most memorable evenings in 7 days was playing Darkness Falls and clearing Hershel´s farm , the one made by Stallionsden. Literally hundreds of demonic zombies and demons and tons of screamers that were attracted. It took us a bit more than 2 ingame days to clear that place. It was hard, exhausting and freaking amazing. So, yes please, more dangerous zombies for late game.

Also please radiated wasteland and a 2nd seat on the gyro.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't act like I speak for all players. I was talking about my impressions - I literally said that - and under the caveat that I might be wrong. I also literally said that. 

But I do believe that the changes I have mentioned would have been immensely more popular than the changes we got, for the reasons I mentioned. I can guarantee you (I cannot literally guarantee you, in case you take umbrage) that there is literally no player who came back to 7DTD because everything "water" finally works how it should. How it was bad before, and now isn't. The same goes for character progression/crafting.

I understand that it's not easy. If TFP could wave a magic wand and do all the things in my list they'd probably do it. Most of them, anyway. But I know it takes time and resources. I just fail to see the logic of their priorities.    

I feel like this is kind of discussion is not constructive. Broader and vague topics lead to vague and unproductive endings. 7dtd has 10 years of improvements and changes. As more things are added in the game, it becomes harder and harder to change it without breaking it. I would suggest... try to narrow down your thoughts to a single issue. Explain why you see this specific issue and provide some ideas on how to improve that. The smaller the change, the easier to be accepted and implemented. 

Regarding transparency. I do like the idea of a more transparent and open roadmap. But I also understand that require a lot of effort to do, and a lot of effort to handle the community. Changes are usually demanded, but hardly accepted at first. Even larger projects as Star Citizen has reduced the amount of transparency due to the overhead of handling expectations. 

IMHO, The development team do have a clear vision of what they want to prioritize and what they are aiming for. But they decided not to make it so clear. And that's ok. Transparency demand a lot of effort and can become a huge backslash if not handled correctly.

Let's take a look on A21 notes:

This Alpha delivers more polish, optimizations, updates, quality-of-life improvements, new content, new features, and new gameplay systems than ever before. We say it every Alpha, and we will say it again, this is the biggest and baddest version of the game to date.

Key words (the order indicates the priority):
More Polish, Optimizations, Quality-of-life improvements
This means a more stable and reliable game. Less unpredictable and less proned to frustration. Release that amount of changes with the stability that they did in the past few weeks... Hats off. No sudden crashs, no weird messages, no items vanishing out of nowhere, patches that doesn't require to restart the game. That's pretty great.  Having a stable game is important to keep players engaging and not drop off before endgame. 

new content, new features, and new gameplay systems than ever before

This is the hardest thing to do. No matter what your change, the game community will always complain. Because it's not the same. Things seem so easy to do from our perspective, but every single change require a lot of effort to not break the game. During this patch we have seen a lot of immersion changes. The empty loot textures, the change in light, the change in how to handle water, the change in how learning works. These changes drive the game to a immersion and become harder lane. 

We say it every Alpha, and we will say it again, this is the biggest and baddest version of the game to date.

Biggest and Baddest. Big here is not adding more zombies and more tier a currently system, it's not scaling up. It's scaling out. It's not increase game length by add more content in the end. It's improving the things current in place. Baddest stands for hardest. 

All of this, IHMO is a must do before adding more stuff in the end. Let's take main history (Noah, Duke...) as an example here. The elements are already being added for quite some time. We have quests, we have lots of lots of well designed POIs elements that can provide a lot of worldbuilding. The foundation has been working on in order to build that, shortcuts to endgame have been reduced the game has shifted more and more towards loot and exploration and less on self relying craft. All of this is too well tied for something that has no clear objective. 

It’s not so much a matter of players and TFP wanting different things but a matter of having different priorities. TFP does want to release updates that are expansionary but until the basic game is finished the updates will continue to be more developmental. 

This means there will be a mixture of some new features mixed with a lot of polishing and reworking of existing features. All of those things on your player desires list are things that TFP plans to do. Some of those like bandits are very likely going to arrive in A22 and others may not show up until after the gold release. 

4 hours ago, Skaarphy said:

I've been playing 7DTD since 20.7, singleplayer only. I often read in the forums though so I think I have a good impression of what the players want. I also believe that most of the things we want would be good for the game. They would noticably and significantly improve the game. 

On the other hand, I don't know what TFP wants, I can only guess. Three things come to mind:

- They want to sell more copies

- They want people to play the game

- They want the game to be fun and engaging

I have no idea though of their "vision" for the game because they don't say. They don't explain themselves like some other developers do. Their choice, what can you do. 

What the players want, on the other hand, can be summed up with: expanding on what is already there. That is, e.g.: 

- More zombie variants

- Bandits

- More POIs

The thing is, and my point is that what the players want aligns perfectly with what I assume TFP wants. Make the game bigger, more expansive, more rich. It sells well, too. Here's how TFP could market that:

7 new ultra-lethal zombie variants!

Now with bandits! Get ambushed while picking cotton? Take revenge by attacking their heavily fortified bases!

14 NPCs that trade with you or can give you missions!

28 new Points of Interest!

Steel is not enough? Make titanium armor! You can't move but you sure as @%$# won't get hurt!

Like that. Instead, what we got is this: 

I mean ...

So, why did it happen? Nobody knows. TFP don't really explain themselves.

I don't mean to say that these are bad changes, not per se. But did they really make the game noticably and significantly better? I'd say no. They just changed things. 

And I don't mean to say that A21 is a bad update, not at all. There are many, many small and not so small improvements. But the two big ones? I really, really wish TFP would have spent their time on what the players asked for instead, and what I believe is a no-brainer, too. Players who like a game always want more of what they like about it. To make it bigger. Fill the world with more stuff. Give them more reason to spend their time there. Not fixing what wasn't broken in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. But that's my take on it, anyhow.      

You forgot a better less restrictive skill/progession system (the stat system sucks ass in its current state).

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, Roland said:

It’s not so much a matter of players and TFP wanting different things but a matter of having different priorities. TFP does want to release updates that are expansionary but until the basic game is finished the updates will continue to be more developmental. 

This means there will be a mixture of some new features mixed with a lot of polishing and reworking of existing features. All of those things on your player desires list are things that TFP plans to do. Some of those like bandits are very likely going to arrive in A22 and others may not show up until after the gold release. 

Problem here is the Devs at TFP keep redoing game systems and its been a cycle in a loop for as long as I can remember (I started in a9-10?), causing the game to basically stagnate and not really go anywhere other than visually. Its why alot of players go to mods, because mods are putting in the things Tfp needs to, so the game can finally move forward.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

We got those new POI´s in A21.  

And yes to other NPC´s than traders to give out missions and tougher zombies than radiated ones for late game. With that we ofc need something past steel to upgrade.

One of my most memorable evenings in 7 days was playing Darkness Falls and clearing Hershel´s farm , the one made by Stallionsden. Literally hundreds of demonic zombies and demons and tons of screamers that were attracted. It took us a bit more than 2 ingame days to clear that place. It was hard, exhausting and freaking amazing. So, yes please, more dangerous zombies for late game.

Also please radiated wasteland and a 2nd seat on the gyro.

I wish they'd make the gyro fly like a heli with vtol etc than how it flies more like a plane currently. Its gyrocopter, not gyroplane.

7 minutes ago, Scyris said:

Problem here is the Devs at TFP keep redoing game systems and its been a cycle in a loop for as long as I can remember (I started in a9-10?), causing the game to basically stagnate and not really go anywhere other than visually. Its why alot of players go to mods, because mods are putting in the things Tfp needs to, so the game can finally move forward.

Where's the problem then? If players are impatient for expansionary content and tired of the devs developing the base game then they can go to mods for that expanded content. Just because TFP is developing the 1.0 version and you want the 1.5 or even 2.0 version because you've fully explored what we already have doesn't mean that it is a problem. We have over 90k concurrent players playing the game this weekend. There is no problem. Plenty of people are still willing to play and test the basic version and there are mods for people that want an expanded game experience. Sounds like all bases are covered until TFP, themselves, turn their own focus to expansionary updates.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Skaarphy said:

I don't act like I speak for all players. I was talking about my impressions - I literally said that - and under the caveat that I might be wrong. I also literally said that. 

But I do believe that the changes I have mentioned would have been immensely more popular than the changes we got, for the reasons I mentioned. I can guarantee you (I cannot literally guarantee you, in case you take umbrage) that there is literally no player who came back to 7DTD because everything "water" finally works how it should. How it was bad before, and now isn't. The same goes for character progression/crafting.

I understand that it's not easy. If TFP could wave a magic wand and do all the things in my list they'd probably do it. Most of them, anyway. But I know it takes time and resources. I just fail to see the logic of their priorities.    

I think what he's referring to is valid even if it wasn't your intent.  You had said that you think you understand what players want.  However, from reading the forums, it's pretty clear that players want very different things.  If it was that you think you understand what a lot of players want, then he probably wouldn't have commented on that but the wording suggests that you think you know what all players want.

Some players want a polished and finished gold version of the game.... 5 years ago.  Some players want it to stay in alpha so they keep getting new versions for free and they want those new versions to be as if they were DLC - new features and major updates each version (I think someone said "banger" at one point).  Some people want a specific thing or list of things and don't really care about much else.  Some people are just happy to play the game and enjoy the new experiences with whatever changes are made.  To say that all these groups want the same thing would be incorrect.

We got a lot of new POIs in A21, far more than the number you used.  We already know bandits and story are coming but are not finished yet.  Be patient and those will arrive.  Honestly, I don't really think the bandit idea is a good one for this game as I feel this should focus on zombies and not living people.  Just another example of people who want different things. ;)  They stated in the dev diaries that they are at least considering a small number (unstated) of new zombies down the road.  That could happen before or after gold.  But don't expect a lot of them.  Adding NPCs (other than bandit and faction related stuff) would be a pretty significant change to the game and I don't really think they'll go that direction.  Other than the world feeling more filled, I don't think there's much need for them.  And with this being the apocalypse, the sense of almost no one left alive works for me, so I don't much care one way or another about those being added.  As far as another tier... I don't think that'll happen at least until after gold.  There really isn't any need.

They are working toward a gold release and nearing the end of that process.  That means, few new features and mostly just optimizations, network improvements, bug fixes, tweaks, balancing, etc. so it's a good candidate for gold.  Other than the stated new features - bandits, armor rework, etc. - I wouldn't expect much in the way of new features between now and gold.  The remaining alphas will mostly be those things I mentioned.

5 hours ago, Skaarphy said:

- More zombie variants

- Bandits

- More POIs

Probably, but I guess quite a bit of this doesn't really apply to me personally.

- More zombie variants: You won't hear me complain about more variants, but what I really want is that those variants have different behaviors with ways to mitigate with more kinds of base offense and defense. Before the new models came out, they said they were working on ways to make most of the basic zombies appear grungy and generic so that it doesn't look like you are being attacked by clones. Then they showed the models with each zombie having bright clothing and very distinct characteristics. I don't feel that being attacked by an Arlene, a Marlene, or a Darlene matters at all.

- Bandits: I'm honestly not looking forward to it, at least not initially. Once those bandits go in, this game is going to really change. Just based on the AI for the zombies, it's not going to be an amazing addition right away. Bandits will likely take several updates before reaching a decent/acceptable AI. All of these iterations of skills and balance over the past several alphas will go in the toilet because the game is just going to change too much.

- NPCs other than traders, with quests and small trading opportunities: Again, you won't hear me complain about this one, but really in my mind it doesn't matter to me. I've never liked the gradual transition of the game to put so much focus on the trader. Have you ever seen the original 7D2D trailer? It shows a man doing all he can to prepare for what is to come. If that were redone for modern 7D2D, all it would show is a visit to a trader. So, taking some of the importance off of the trader and giving it to some other NPC doesn't really change what I dislike. However, it would remove a bit of that "same old" feeling.

- More POIs: What are we up to now? Over 4,000 I think. I won't complain if they add more, but I also won't complain if they don't.

- Upgrades that go beyond steel: Not interested. I don't want to start dealing with space-age materials in this context. I wouldn't mind if it took longer to progress into each stage though. What I really would want is that even if there are better materials, there is always good reason to use the others. For example, negate explosive damage from Demolisher by adding a layer of dirt or sand in between your walls. Maybe wood is stronger than steel against acid.

- Maybe some kind of main story: This is something I think they really need to get going on, yesterday. Many of the features and design decisions that people have a problem with might make more sense with some actual context and backstory. Things that would not have made sense, might make sense. By waiting until the end to establish a story, you have to build that story around all of the little design details you have put in place, making it far more difficult. They might even have to change things several times again just to make things align with whatever story comes to fruition.

It's not that I inherently disagree with things like this- Even if they don't have any other new zombie types, [Which it wouldn't really -surprise- me if they give us 1/2 more before gold, not that I'd gamble on it] I think there'd be lot of benefit on getting 1-3 clothing-color variants on the 'regular everyday zombified person' enemies. I think the businessman suffers the most, where some PoIs you'll encounter what feels like more than a dozen identical suits in the same battle, and if they could make an otherwise identical blue suit/grey suit zombie, I think it would feel really good- but I don't know what this costs in employee time and computer assets to tell TFP how to do their job. - Still, I will continue to give feedback as a consumer in hopes they can find a relatively cheap solution to break up, just a little bit more of the clone-wars feeling when there's half a dozen identical zeds on screen.

- Bandits, I think we all trust will be here soon. I know some people are very excited. I'm less enthused, and will know how I feel after my first several encounters.

- PoIs, we're always getting more of- I have no doubt it'll feel like we have plenty when they're done... Shoot, I was in some place last night and there was this gloriously grisly scene where a forklift was ran through a wall and pinned some poor guy to the wall- It was hardcore!- Props, Poi designers!

- More NPCs, I'm keeping the expectations low here, but I like to think they might put 1-2 extra NPCs in the trader compounds. They wont do much of anything, but with trader/faction rep they might offer healing/ammo/services/more quest-location options for that day

- Transparency, I don't know which games you follow, but it seems to me most developers stay pretty tightlipped. I think this community has had it pretty good with Prime and Faatal, Roland dropping hints, and even the Big Mole himself speaking his mind.

- Tier 4/5, I'd looove something beyond steel. At the current rate, it wouldn't be balanced. We'd need stronger/tougher zombies. Or/also stone, iron, steel would need re-rebalanced. It's on the wish-list for sure. My gut tells me it wont happen, and I'm okay with that.  .. Thank you Modding community. ❤️

- Watergate, I don't miss the always needing to drop glass jars.

- Redesigns, I know some people hate them, but I'm part of the forever alpha crowd. The game only feels a little incomplete to me, every year there's changes and new content dropping (or right around the corner) to make it a different experience, it keeps me coming back. 7 Days to Die might overtake Mount and Blade: Viking Conquest as my 'if you had one game to last you until the end of time'.

We as consumers are always going to want more. More for less if we can get it, but it looks to me like TFP want to check off all the boxers they agreed to deliver on and drop the gold stamp. Even if it's ultimately not everything all of us want, I think it's a damn-fine game, and I think a lot of lessens were learned and a lot of money was earned, and when they decide to show us what's up coming up next, we better hold onto to our seats, it's going to be a wild ride.

Not going to debate things here, but my gut tells me there's a story in the works that has been for years. We get that note when we start. The Duke gave it to us. We did something for him and he's supposed to contact us. My gut also tells me that bandits are a precursor to this guy and his men working properly and said story being implemented. Once bandits work, they can do quests and armed NPCs for this Duke. If not, why give us a note stating we owe a mystery NPC and never do anything about it?

2 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Not going to debate things here, but my gut tells me there's a story in the works that has been for years. We get that note when we start. The Duke gave it to us. We did something for him and he's supposed to contact us. My gut also tells me that bandits are a precursor to this guy and his men working properly and said story being implemented. Once bandits work, they can do quests and armed NPCs for this Duke. If not, why give us a note stating we owe a mystery NPC and never do anything about it?

Yes, story will be added once the rest of the game is finished. so shortly before release or even only for release. That´s known for quite some time now.

28 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yes, story will be added once the rest of the game is finished. so shortly before release or even only for release. That´s known for quite some time now.

Maybe for some, but I don't follow a lot. I take the game for what it is. I enjoy exploring and figuring out things on my own. I drew my own conclusions based on what I mentioned above as well as other things I see in-game. I mentioned it due to one of the OP's original points being a "main story of some kind". Nice to know though.

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Maybe for some, but I don't follow a lot. I take the game for what it is. I enjoy exploring and figuring out things on my own. I drew my own conclusions based on what I mentioned above as well as other things I see in-game. I mentioned it due to one of the OP's original points being a "main story of some kind". Nice to know though.

I think this attitude along with a recognition that the game is always in a changeable state is the safest way to continue to enjoy it even after 10 years of development-- not just in regard to a story but for all features in the game. That's not to say that people who approach this whole development process in this way don't get disappointed by specific updates to the game at times but they tend to adjust their expectations and adapt their play to the new conditions and often end up enjoying the game in its new iteration at least as much as they did the old. And they can always revisit the old for the sake of nostalgia thanks to the beta versions TFP provides. Tidbits and pieces of potential story have been added to various updates in the past and will continue to make their way until the main story quest chain is eventually added.

I've had things come and go. I miss the ability to actually build the firearms and change the quality based on the quality of parts. I miss the plains biome. I wish we could remove the cow-catcher/zed-smasher from the jeep that would make it useless off-road. I dislike the current iteration of the dew collectors. However, I like or even love the rest. How I fight is up to me. Building a base that isn't generic is up to me. I use Bdubyah's humvee in place of the jeep. We have more weapons now so maybe the firearms parts thing needed to go away (six unique parts for each weapon IIRC). The "learning by reading" can be fun or a nightmare, so RNG actually makes a difference and may temporarily force you to rethink how you do things.

I'll be sticking around, for better or for worse. I do read most patch-notes, but I miss some. As long as they don't reverse my controls or add an irradiated King Kong, I am good.

12 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I'll be sticking around, for better or for worse. I do read most patch-notes, but I miss some. As long as they don't reverse my controls or add an irradiated King Kong, I am good.

I would love that tbh. Ofc not random in the wild, but like a boss in certain T6 POI´s.

What throws me off is this.... some people spend more time in the forums, than in the game so what you may be reading is not exactly what people who are enjoying and PLAYING the game may feel.  I come in here when it's night time in the game and I don't feel like dealing with what I set my zombies to for night time (sometimes I go overboard) or when I'm waiting for something to craft.  Lots of others are the same! So, take what you read with a grain of salt and don't think EVERY one of the thousands and thousands of players feel that way!  I'm having a blast, actually!  Some changes make me balk, at first, but I'm old so that's how things are.  It gets better as it goes, though, so, there's that!  *back to the infested nastiness*

I often read in the forums though so I think I have a good impression of what the players want. I also believe that most of the things we want would be good for the game.

I don't act like I speak for all players.

Might want to stop using the royal "we" when speaking, then.

It is always interesting reading about what different people want and expect from this game.... i have 4000 hrs in this game and enjoy it thoroughly.... it is impossible to please all and TFP no this and have to deal with it all the time... i am finding that too much hand holding and babysitting is not to my liking so for the first time i am looking into Modding 7d2d  we are very lucky that this is a option ...  so my 2 cents...  NPC's  dont interest me in the slightest...thee on screen SPRITE system and digging circle totally irk me...as well as the new POI difficulty warning system... the names part is ok... new water system is ok.. but the jars didnt really be needed to removed totally...just nerfed somewhat... WE are all never going to agree on how the game should be as we are all different in our gameplay which is what makes this game so wonderful and very popular...  So Modding it is for me..... and on a ending note... where is the best place for mods.... i have had a look at the Nexus....