Weather Control

Words are only special when they aren't caplocked for 50% of the post....

There should be a command in the F1 console for turning off rain and fog. Can't remember what it is but if you type help in the console you should be able to find it in the list

3 hours ago, 3467542 said:

so how do I turn off the stupid ass weather in this game, its either @%$#ing foggy or raining every god damn 30 secs.  SPECIAL EFFECTS ARE ONLY SPECIAL WHEN THEY DONT HAPPEN EVERY 30 SECONDS!!!!!!!!  seriously WTF. 

F1 - 

weather rain 0 

weather clouds 0 

weather fog 0

it annoys me too 

14 hours ago, STiM_Desario said:

F1 - 

weather rain 0 

weather clouds 0 

weather fog 0

it annoys me too 

Does this mean there's a way to have permanent fog or make fog more common? I love fog, specially really thick fog on horde night.

Err, nevermind. I can Google. I was just being lazy. It looks like:

weather DefaultFog

weather Fog 1

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, zztong said:

Does this mean there's a way to have permanent fog or make fog more common? I love fog, specially really thick fog on horde night.

weather DefaultFog

weather Fog 1

I don't think we're supposed to set the fog to 1

image.thumb.png.0f7babfa59b945b972920a9514d7f1ca.png

Or use weather fogcolor 1 0 0 to set it to blood red

image.thumb.png.48eb546445007ca8c90720dc14ba8840.png

Could use it to make a scuffed green screen though image.thumb.png.38be682f6d5e8dd726650610a282bf3e.png

Edited by IzPrebuilt (see edit history)

On 2/16/2023 at 3:49 PM, STiM_Desario said:

F1 - 

weather rain 0 

weather clouds 0 

weather fog 0

it annoys me too 

That's awesome that there are commands to turn that off.  I didn't know they existed.

The rain doesn't bother me too much but the thunder is obnoxious and the fog in the snow biome is so thick you can't see 2 feet in front of you.  Plus is happens All.The.Time., Every.Time.  The weather effects are definitely overdone.  I do love this game though!

32 minutes ago, zombiehunter said:

That's awesome that there are commands to turn that off.  I didn't know they existed.

The rain doesn't bother me too much but the thunder is obnoxious and the fog in the snow biome is so thick you can't see 2 feet in front of you.  Plus is happens All.The.Time., Every.Time.  The weather effects are definitely overdone.  I do love this game though!

I think this ends of being based on your settings.  I've heard the same thing where the person I'm next to can't see 50m in the snow biomes fog, but I can easily see a few hundred meters in the same fog.

i am sure thats what is in real life called "a whiteout" :) sound realistic enough and yes i do remember several alphas back when we did have actual snow storms and white outs in the snow biomes and you had to stop because you couldnt see where you were going. (the zombie blips were already taken away from the mini map then)

On 2/17/2023 at 7:54 AM, zztong said:

weather DefaultFog

weather Fog 1

There are mods to set just the fog "permanently" and at different densities (you have to set the density manually in the mods if you want it thicker/weaker). There are weather mods that also set the fog to be occurring more.

Yeah I made a modlet for someone that wanted to remove fog completely from the game.  It sucked (the modlet work, I played for a week without the fog and removed the modlet after confirming it was working).  I might do what doughphunghus stated and go the other extreme - dense fog all the time

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah I made a modlet for someone that wanted to remove fog completely from the game.  It sucked (the modlet work, I played for a week without the fog and removed the modlet after confirming it was working).  I might do what doughphunghus stated and go the other extreme - dense fog all the time

Thick fog during horde night is a blast when you're taking on the horde out in the streets. It's a little harder to predict where the Z's are coming from and easier to get surprised. I could see where very thick fog would also make horde nights within a base harder. You wouldn't necessarily see the Z's beating on parts of the base to be able to shoot them.