Petition to bring back the original Theme song

Now, now, just wait a minute. Rabbitslovecactus did say where there is a will there's a way. So maybe he has deep pockets and willing to front up the cash to buy the rights to the song and donate it to TFP if he gets enough signature.

I mean, I'm still waiting for Elon Musk to give away a million dollars each to one thousand people based on a chain email I forwarded to 10 contacts, and an iPhone 3 that Bill Gates was going to send me for filling out a form with my date of birth,  mother's maiden name, and my first pet's name. But these things take time.

43 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

There is a legal reason why it was removed, and why it cannot return.   Did you do any research before starting this?

There's a lot of rumors going around on the internet. Not sure which to believe. The one I am most familiar with is that TFP own the rights to the song, but are not able to use it because they were threatened with legal action. Aside from that, (even if that is the true story) that is all I've heard. Is the song the same as 28 days later? No it is not.  

Not sure who originally made the song, but hats off to them. It really captures the feel of the game. Hearing that theme when launching the game really got our adrenaline going. It was gold... 

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Return of zombie kids, bandits, making camps with NPC, hornets, copper ores etc. topics like good old times? 😜

I was just pointing out that the OPs lack of research was probably because of a lack of learn by doing.

59 minutes ago, Maharin said:

I was just pointing out that the OPs lack of research was probably because of a lack of learn by doing.

Yes but learning by doing give me special skill: return to monk...... A11. 

So now we just convice TFP that we have to do ground back in development - develop solutions from A11 period and that's would be perfect. And this song will be in 7dtd! PERFECT SOLUTION!

On 8/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, skylynx said:

I actually miss the theme from Alpha 15 

I’m glad you posted that one, because I actually think with the main menu music we have now, they did a remarkably good job of creating something halfway between this one and the track in the top post. They kept the creepy/sorrowful piano instrumentation, while also recreating the motif of simple, ascending notes. Hence the A20 music sounds ‘right’ to me, no matter which previous version I’m remembering.

I will say, though, that the older (top post) music has a more epic, driving, “Final Countdown”-esque quality to it. Of the three, it sticks in my head more than the others.

Couple of fan made vids that I got a kick out of.

This one was to an older version of 7 Days. I think most liked it because the characters hips seemed to move to the beat of the song when she was walking, like she was dancing to it.

This one is a fan that added words to the old song. I think he played it at the end of his letsplay vids and many requested it

On 8/28/2022 at 10:54 AM, Gamida said:

Couple of fan made vids that I got a kick out of.

This one was to an older version of 7 Days. I think most liked it because the characters hips seemed to move to the beat of the song when she was walking, like she was dancing to it.

This one is a fan that added words to the old song. I think he played it at the end of his letsplay vids and many requested it

Interesting, I've never seen these. Thanks