Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

2 hours ago, FloppyDingo said:

Spawning in, enemies start to spawn immediately, and there are times where as soon as you start the map, you have an orc barreling down the plains at you, while you only have a torch to fend for yourself and whatever else you spawn with. It's not a huge problem to get a wood club while trying to outrun it - but it's still not exactly a great way to start a playthrough.

That i mention before too.

But the answer is, you at the early game to run. You can't win a fight with a torch or even wooden club against an armored orc.

Much deadlier would be if you meet a goblin archer.

52 minutes ago, Canute said:

That i mention before too.

But the answer is, you at the early game to run. You can't win a fight with a torch or even wooden club against an armored orc.

Much deadlier would be if you meet a goblin archer.

yes, early game theres alot of running away, or running to friendly npcs for help

and believe it or not we did tone down the ranged enemies at early gamestage, alot

3 hours ago, FloppyDingo said:

Hey, this mod is amazing so far, and I love the concept. If I may, I have a little bit of feedback, and a a couple of bugs (so far) to report:

Bug:
Buying the 'get 3 honey' quest from the baker, with 3 honey in my inventory, made it so I could turn it in immediately. For free. He doesn't take the honey. I got 3 farm boxes this way.
NPC's killing enemies near me counted for my 'zombie' killing quest for some reason. Meaning I just had to watch them go to town on a stone circle area and reap the benefits for free.
Goblins and Orcs sometimes just seem to... forget they're in combat. Seems to be an AI issue. It makes them less threatening because they suddenly just... stand still.

I love the NPC's, and they make the world feel alive, and the enemies are entertaining - however:

I frequently have the problem of having a large number of fighting npc's around who just non-stop kill -everything- around. It's like I don't even have to fight sometimes because there's 3-4 guys doing it for me. 

Spawning in, enemies start to spawn immediately, and there are times where as soon as you start the map, you have an orc barreling down the plains at you, while you only have a torch to fend for yourself and whatever else you spawn with. It's not a huge problem to get a wood club while trying to outrun it - but it's still not exactly a great way to start a playthrough.

If you guys need any assistance beyond just playtesting, let me know.

for arramus and i this has been quite a learning experience as far as putting together a total package, we have done a fair bit of modding 7 days over the years but nothing of this scope, we appreciate any bit of feedback/reports we can get

seems like you are quite the entrepeneur as far as the honey is concerned, not sure why that has happened but something we can def look at

yes, the zombie quests are updated by friendly npcs killing enemies around you, this is an npc mod thing and not sure what a workaround would be or if we really want one? decision for down the road 

the ai for npc mod isnt perfect for sure and leads to some hilarious moments at times, but its the best weve got at this time until tfp adds their own bandits and we see what changes that will bring, im leaning toward making all the enemies entity zombie next go around but we will see what xyth and sphere come up with in a21 npc mod 

as an example, i had to xml a whole batch of entities for just blood moons because alot of the enemies were wandering off instead of coming right for the player

you wont always have a bunch of npcs around to help you out, enjoy while they are there, at least thats the way i play it

npc spawns arent covered by player start protection unfortunately, so chances are you can be attacked at the start, and again, perhaps changing all the enemies over to entity zombie would help in this regard

we shall see, this is definitely not a one and done mod pack, i plan to revise it in a21 and im hoping arramus and oak will be around for that as well, couldnt have done it without em and others on gups discord

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

6 hours ago, FloppyDingo said:

Hey, this mod is amazing so far, and I love the concept. If I may, I have a little bit of feedback, and a a couple of bugs (so far) to report:

Bug:
Buying the 'get 3 honey' quest from the baker, with 3 honey in my inventory, made it so I could turn it in immediately. For free. He doesn't take the honey. I got 3 farm boxes this way.
NPC's killing enemies near me counted for my 'zombie' killing quest for some reason. Meaning I just had to watch them go to town on a stone circle area and reap the benefits for free.
Goblins and Orcs sometimes just seem to... forget they're in combat. Seems to be an AI issue. It makes them less threatening because they suddenly just... stand still.

I love the NPC's, and they make the world feel alive, and the enemies are entertaining - however:

I frequently have the problem of having a large number of fighting npc's around who just non-stop kill -everything- around. It's like I don't even have to fight sometimes because there's 3-4 guys doing it for me. 

If you guys need any assistance beyond just playtesting, let me know.

This is some helpful feedback and feel free to share the NPC related feedback directly in the NPCMod thread.

I'm sure any assistance you can offer beyond play testing would be very welcome. The NPCMod project is very much based on community input and if you are able to patch any hardcoded game traits to reflect your feedback, it would be very much welcomed. And any assistance you can offer for only NPCMod specific coding would be equally supportive.

Things such as:

- Adding a patch to ensure players are given some protection from NPCs until a certain level, as is possible with the zombie class.
- Giving friendly hired NPCs a command to place them in 'attack only when attacked' option so they remain in a passive state until requested otherwise.

(As for non hired battling it out in the background, for some that is what makes it)

- NPCs giving XP/Kill benefit for party members but not the owner has been reported as an issue, and if it also relates to quest kill benefits this needs patching as well.

- Patching non responsive NPCs. This appears to happen when NPCs are attempting to perform a similar action to another NPC in close proximity. During such freeze states there is often another NPC close by and it creates a 'decision loop' where one task needs to be completed before they free themselves from the freeze state.

As for the honey bug, this is actually a built in 7 Days fetch and return feature. If it's exploitable, it'll either be removed, reworked where possible within the constraints of what is available, or given a warning and players can choose how they play it.

I'm not sure what assistance you were suggesting you could offer, but it seems the NPCs made up a large part of your feedback and any assistance there would be great.

Added a little info on current reported issues to the first post. More may have been mentioned but these ones stood out most.

KNOWN QUIRKS/ISSUES/EXPLOITS

- The NPCs are not governed by low level protection rules and initial spawning may be met with a hostile or friendly interaction.
Response: Run to a safer place, ideally close to a friendly who will attack the hostile by default.
- The NPCs sometimes pause, disappear, do not follow requests promptly, attack too much, or show other odd actions.
Response: They are what they are, and as good as it gets for now, which is actually very functional and adds immersion. For major issues, report in the NPCMod thread.

- Quests are not registering kills.

Response: Has been reported to the developers in the previous comment thread.

- Fetch quests can be exploited.

Response: Place the fetch items in your inventory before handing in to the trader. This exploit can be both beneficial and negative depending on the sequence. This uses a built in game quest feature and will hopefully get resolved in the future.

- It is not possible to open some crates when a light/object is placed above or under it.

Response: This requires some changes to the models and will be resolved in due course.

A small update has already been pushed to Github and is uploading to Moddb.

- The Cooking Stations were missing the Glue and Paint recipes.

- A new dynamic for Supply Drops.

A dragon with a trailing particle replaces the aircraft.

20220618235146_1.thumb.jpg.5d54188445607f51c90a553fcfc39aa9.jpg

A 'dragon egg' replaces the Crate. Both are courtesy of Oakraven.

20220618235223_1.thumb.jpg.f253c784581bc2c1e02b8848f2ac7616.jpg

Ohhh, fancy. Looks really nice.

Regarding the Dragon Friend vehicle: I can´t figure out what to do to get one. I can´t craft it (looking into the admin menu, i saw that there is the workbench as a required crafting station), buy it and i see no quest that has it as a reward.

Unless it´s the dragon slayer quest. Wich would be a bit late in game. Once i am able to kill dragons regulary, the playtrough is basically over. At that point there isn´t much to do.

And we can´t seem to figure out how to craft all the items from the mod, like chairs, thrones and statues. Are those even craftable?

32 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Regarding the Dragon Friend vehicle: I can´t figure out what to do to get one. I can´t craft it (looking into the admin menu, i saw that there is the workbench as a required crafting station), buy it and i see no quest that has it as a reward.

Unless it´s the dragon slayer quest. Wich would be a bit late in game. Once i am able to kill dragons regulary, the playtrough is basically over. At that point there isn´t much to do.

And we can´t seem to figure out how to craft all the items from the mod, like chairs, thrones and statues. Are those even craftable?

The Dragon Friend vehicle was purely experimental to check the limitations of attaching the Beast's models to vehicles. It is still in the xml as it is a nice bookmark for any future additions. It is not hooked into recipes, traders, or any other reward system. Server Admin are welcome to sell it or gift it though.

The other decoration items haven't been added to crafting (yet).

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

the dragon vehicle was scrubbed as the player looked silly riding it with the dragons animations, if i come across another dragon with animations good enough it will be added, along with dragon scales and eggs and bones for crafting

looks like im going to have to make a much longer main quest in a21 along with some side quests

i guess the blocks from the mod should be craftable eh? players love decorating their bases so yea, another thing to do for next round

Yeah, those blocks would be really nice to craft. Finally some nice decoration. And it´s really awesome that the flowers give indirect light trough blocks btw. You can make some really nice looking lightning, like in a fountain. The vanilla lanterns used to do that aswell, but not anymore in A20. Wich sucks tbh.

Added a small update to both versions since these are critical for efficient play throughs:

- 0-Score was updated and the NPC quest kills will be registered to the totals.

- Oak Forge was given a new model as the smoke effect was making it hard to access while it was operating.

Update to Github development build.

- Caught Chicks have been added to a default loot group rather than a custom loot group for stability.

It was spawning chicks in nests at about 50% even though it was set much lower.

Adding to a default group sees it spawn at about 20% which is less than eggs (30%) but still requires a little bit of effort.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I follow the install instructions (unzip contents into Mods folder) and it crashes my game with a whole ton of errors.

A couple examples of hundreds : Could not instantiate classEntityAliveSDX, SCore' for entity.... or NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Did I install it wrong somehow? I have A20.5 installed

I am also unsure how to upload screenshots to give sample of errors. It says from URL, but they are on my PC.

1 hour ago, Cndrocker said:

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I follow the install instructions (unzip contents into Mods folder) and it crashes my game with a whole ton of errors.

A couple examples of hundreds : Could not instantiate classEntityAliveSDX, SCore' for entity.... or NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Did I install it wrong somehow? I have A20.5 installed

I am also unsure how to upload screenshots to give sample of errors. It says from URL, but they are on my PC.

Let's perform a check list to see if anything is different than suggested. These checks will begin with the elementary things and work up.

1. Can you confirm that each individual Modlet within the NMM Modpack has been added into your Mods folder as per the first post image hierarchy of folders, of how it should look inside your Mods folder?

2. Can you confirm that they are all top level folders and nothing has been nested inside another folder by mistake?

3. Can you confirm that you are using no other mods inside the folder?

4. Can you confirm if you are using one of the provided Worlds or made your own custom World?

Those warning errors are often seen when something is missing or can't be seen because it needs to be moved to another location.

Your log is typically stored somewhere like here:

C:\Users\'name'\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs

This area can be accessed by:

1. When you start to Launch 7D2D, select 'Show game launcher' option before choosing the PLAY tab.

2. On the next screen that appears, select the 'Tool's menu tab.

3. Select the 'Open savegame folder' and it'll take you to the folder than contains the logs.

4. Paste only a small section of where it shows the errors or upload it somewhere and share the linky.

You forget one thing.

Turn EAC off at the launcher or use the 7DaysToDie.exe directly.

Recommend, when you use overhaul mods, create a copy of your game folder.

Automatical updates are nice, but can be a pain when the game got updated and don't fit the mod anymore and you can't play the world/savegame anymore.

Update the Github Development Build and the Moddb to include a new multi-trader POI that replaces the mountain top version.

It is located in the Wilderness and some will be quite close to town while others will require a journey.

This POI was made by Shema specifically as a Trader location.

20220623022445_1.thumb.jpg.370cdb2b329392574470d8da59a7f594.jpg

In addition, the Chicks in nests for the Moddb will also receive the update from custom loot to standard nest loot which is showing stability with a 20% chance of a find.

The 6K and 8K Worlds have also been updated to include the trader POI.

Added a small update to the Github Dev Build:

- Icon updates for Oak mods (workstation, food/drink, etc)

- New Chicken Coop and reduced audio

- Localisation to make things more sequential

House Coop

20220623115138_1.thumb.jpg.47a06d08de533a361af655fa9bd517d9.jpg

Sequential listing.

20220623115151_1.thumb.jpg.e9e9f6651668964a28e6ebaac033978d.jpg

These will be added to the Moddb in due course as additions/edits mount up.

I am testing this out on a dedicated server.

I was having problems with it generating a network timeout error a few minutes into play.  That seems to have been cleared up with a freshly installed game and new world, but when I got to the top of the Temple Trader POI from MPLogue, the trader's building blocks did not properly load (got a bunch of that grey marble you get when it doesn't know what to load) and two traders in, it did the timeout error and kicked me again.  Going to try replacing the two instances of this POI on the map and see if the error occurs anywhere else. 

Edit:  oof, nope.

2022-06-25T00:31:50 771.948 INF Entity animalZombieVulture 726 killed by strattonel 171
2022-06-25T00:31:50 771.948 INF [CSMM_Patrons]entityKilled: strattonel (Steam_76561198084870905) killed zombie animalZombieVulture with Dragon Hand Axe
2022-06-25T00:31:50 772.002 INF [CSMM_Patrons]playerLeveled: strattonel (Steam_76561198084870905) made level 5 (was 4)
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF MinEventLogMessage: XP gained during the last level:
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromLootThisLevel == 0
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromHarvestingThisLevel == 0
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromKillThisLevel == 0

Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x8a2ecdfb
Obtained 6 stack frames.
#0  0x007f9f01fe8730 in funlockfile
#1  0x00000041b4fae8 in (Unknown)
#2  0x000000421f05af in ChunkCluster:CheckCollisionWithBlocks (Entity)
#3  0x000000421ef83c in World:CheckEntityCollisionWithBlocks (Entity)
#4  0x00000042228ea0 in EntityAliveSDX:OnUpdateLive ()
#5  0x000000421d406c in EntityAlive:OnUpdateEntity ()

Edited by DMReckless (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DMReckless said:

I am testing this out on a dedicated server.

I was having problems with it generating a network timeout error a few minutes into play.  That seems to have been cleared up with a freshly installed game and new world, but when I got to the top of the Temple Trader POI from MPLogue, the trader's building blocks did not properly load (got a bunch of that grey marble you get when it doesn't know what to load) and two traders in, it did the timeout error and kicked me again.  Going to try replacing the two instances of this POI on the map and see if the error occurs anywhere else. 

Edit:  oof, nope.

2022-06-25T00:31:50 771.948 INF Entity animalZombieVulture 726 killed by strattonel 171
2022-06-25T00:31:50 771.948 INF [CSMM_Patrons]entityKilled: strattonel (Steam_76561198084870905) killed zombie animalZombieVulture with Dragon Hand Axe
2022-06-25T00:31:50 772.002 INF [CSMM_Patrons]playerLeveled: strattonel (Steam_76561198084870905) made level 5 (was 4)
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF MinEventLogMessage: XP gained during the last level:
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromLootThisLevel == 0
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromHarvestingThisLevel == 0
2022-06-25T00:31:52 773.832 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromKillThisLevel == 0

Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x8a2ecdfb
Obtained 6 stack frames.
#0  0x007f9f01fe8730 in funlockfile
#1  0x00000041b4fae8 in (Unknown)
#2  0x000000421f05af in ChunkCluster:CheckCollisionWithBlocks (Entity)
#3  0x000000421ef83c in World:CheckEntityCollisionWithBlocks (Entity)
#4  0x00000042228ea0 in EntityAliveSDX:OnUpdateLive ()
#5  0x000000421d406c in EntityAlive:OnUpdateEntity ()

This POI was removed a few weeks ago and recently replaced with a lighter version from Shema. It would be prudent to update to the very latest version of the NMM mod and World.

Pushing an update for Moddb and Github Development Build with recent weekly updates and a few new recipe items added to Oakraven's collection.

The Chick Chop recipe will not be added to the 'gore' type beverages but a few lighter ones will.

3 Medieval drinks.

Acorn Coffee, Pine Cone Tea, and Sweet Mead Wine.

drinkAcornCoffee.png.f41d01b1af1186c3b2b9f55c2b349c02.pngdrinkPineConeTea.png.7d5d723fd7604ab220368094798f308f.pngdrinkSweetMead.png.5744bd633ae67d4d9dd6a160d74927e5.png

And 1 Medieval food item.

Pine Cone Jam. These additions will provide added ways to use Bee Hive crafted surplus honey. 

foodPineConeJam.png.73fb47b84f133d6d1f608e382ca08436.png

Just pushed an update for the Moddb and Github versions.

One of the POIs:-

xcostum_Medieval_Doune_Castle_Riah(by_Riahsaurus_Rex)

had a mistake in a spawning group and will not allow a complete 'Clear' quest. This update replaces it.

Another update will be coming to the 1-XNPCCore soon with an update that allows the hired Fox to loot for players.

Here's an update for both the Github Development Build and Moddb stable build.

- Updated both 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore since they introduce some new/updated features.

- Added a chance to receive 1 or 2 'Tree Resin' at a rate of 10% when chopping down trees.
(This is something that was discussed earlier in the thread and I believe the consensus was to include this)

A couple of images to demonstrate.

This tree is dropping and gave 2 Tree Resin in addition to 2 Acorn Seeds.

20220629214630_1.thumb.jpg.f73e0b6c33be4a1c04338ea2413f6072.jpg

If you find the Fox out in the Biomes and hire it with 20 meat, it can be set to Loot on your behalf.

The Fox has just looted the Bird's Nest.

20220629220136_1.thumb.jpg.f3b9ce755b5d1f6c5ef36e0f65b1817a.jpg

A nice little haul. Thank you to the NPCMod team for turning on this feature for the Fox. I could test it for a few hours and it really works best out in the Biomes.

20220629220143_1.thumb.jpg.1ca9f54ef253446185e38de270c365c7.jpg