Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

@Kane Hart:

Thats one of the dozen of Issues in RWG atm. The Stadium spawns as HUB. Not as regular prefab because its to big to spawn alone.

But normaly it doesnt breakup the landscape. But as I said: RWG is bugged atm.

ATM RWG is looking what we get - Not what we want !!!

But iam sure TFP will solve that before beta.

@alpham21:

Yes - U can remove the lines u dont want in rwgmixer.xml

But be sure to let at least one prefab inside a called part (or remove the calling-line(s)! ).

If u remove prefabs from the Cities u have decrease the Citysizes too.

(Else u may have prefabs doubled or empty slots)

Mag

Is anyone else having slow loading times and issues with terrain generating? This is the first time I'm trying the COMPO pack and it seems it takes forever for the game to load, on top of that, I have terrain not rendering. Anyone familiar with this? I am running this on a dedicated linux server with an 8 core cpu, 16gb ram and not that it matters but the server has a gtx 660 card. The pc I'm playing on has an 8core cpu, a gtx 960 and 32gb of ram.

Is anyone else having slow loading times and issues with terrain generating? This is the first time I'm trying the COMPO pack and it seems it takes forever for the game to load, on top of that, I have terrain not rendering. Anyone familiar with this? I am running this on a dedicated linux server with an 8 core cpu, 16gb ram and not that it matters but the server has a gtx 660 card. The pc I'm playing on has an 8core cpu, a gtx 960 and 32gb of ram.

your PC is highend - but i think there is something bad with the linux-server.

The Issues u are talking about:

Sorry - I never heard of such long loadingtimes.

ALso never heard of unrendered terrain (what ever that means). (gfx-rendering is a core-process and surly havent to do anything with displaying prefabs).

I recommend to use a windows-server because this works fine for all of us.

I dont know much about linux and his special problems according to the tons of bugs and wishes we got anyway.

Perhaps a completely new and fresh installation could solve ur problem.

This is what would try first. Else i really cant help more - sorry.

Mag

I don't use the original Vanilla-Prefabs anymore since CP14 i believe.

Because the original VanillaPrefabNAMES are protected by EAC !!!

(I dont remember if just .tts or .xml (or both) )

So I just found out from Spider that vanilla tts files are no longer protected by eac, so you can now mod the vanilla files without issues :)

I'm starting to learn rwg, and this work :)

By the way, screenshots with prefab very useful. Thanks!

and the first thing I rushed to add not used in the vanilla prefabs.

I have a question:

- why TFP do not use all of its existing prefabs (in rwgmixer.xml - no prefab such as: houseburnt3_intact, house_trailer_burnt_01_intact, houseburnt2_intact... etc.

You they are used.

What could be the reason ? They think that diversity is useless ?

I understand that they are a little overlap, whom they are a hindrance ?

I'm starting to learn rwg, and this work :)

By the way, screenshots with prefab very useful. Thanks!

and the first thing I rushed to add not used in the vanilla prefabs.

I have a question:

- why TFP do not use all of its existing prefabs (in rwgmixer.xml - no prefab such as: houseburnt3_intact, house_trailer_burnt_01_intact, houseburnt2_intact... etc.

You they are used.

What could be the reason ? They think that diversity is useless ?

I understand that they are a little overlap, whom they are a hindrance ?

I really dont know why.

My suggestion is: They simply didnt had the time for it.

Fixing and improving RWG is not on their prioritylist since alpha4.

Also the list of prefabs stood still since beginningtimes. (Just a few new Ones here and there).

Kinjayoo worked on RWG-world. He made some good improvements - but then he had to stop working on that and made the new GUI we have now. Also the step from unity 4 to 5 was much more work than all thought.

I hope TFP will support RWG when they got time for.

@SpectralForce:

Yes pls make a try withouth CP. Pls tell me if u have this Issue also in Vanilla-RWG ! thx ahead.

Mag

I really dont know why.

My suggestion is: They simply didnt had the time for it.

Fixing and improving RWG is not on their prioritylist since alpha4.

Also the list of prefabs stood still since beginningtimes. (Just a few new Ones here and there).

Kinjayoo worked on RWG-world. He made some good improvements - but then he had to stop working on that and made the new GUI we have now. Also the step from unity 4 to 5 was much more work than all thought.

I hope TFP will support RWG when they got time for.

@SpectralForce:

Yes pls make a try withouth CP. Pls tell me if u have this Issue also in Vanilla-RWG ! thx ahead.

Mag

Latest video shows some rwg changes

@Mag If I create a new instance using the Vanilla-RWG than I have no issues, but when I used the one that you have in the CP I have issues.

The issues I have gotten using the CP-RWG:

Waiting for Server

Long load times if it loads in, 3-5+ minutes (9 minuted load time this time around. I created an instance using vanilla, started it, logged in, logged out, killed it, replaced with CP RWG version.)

Failure to render graphics (May or may not have to do with being in debugging mode at the time but never had it happen while using VANILLA-RWG in debugging mode.)

The CP-RWG I'm using is from the pinned post. I assume that you just replace that drop box file when you modify the prefabs.

Switching to a windows box has no benefit for me as the linux box is much more useful.

If you're interested in getting this resolved, I am more than willing to work with you for testing purposes so that it works both on linux and windows boxes alike.

With all this being said I have yet to reinstall 7dtd on my server, tho I'm not sure if that would fix it or not as there have been no updates and linux files aren't as easily corruptible as windows files.

Latest video shows some rwg changes

Yes - cool - thx

Just saw the new video a few mins ago ;)

Very good news for randomGen !!! :)

godbless something is going on there :)

about 15 new Vanilla POI's - WOW

@SpectralForce:

I really dont know what I could do there.

In SP-game the pack works fine - in MP-server-game it bugs !!!

I really do believe there are not enough resources(mem) left to handle that amount of POI's im MP-game atm somehow !!???

Its typical for alphas - it work somehow - but not 100% ;)

A15 SHALL COME SOON

Mag

Yes - cool - thx

@SpectralForce:

I really dont know what I could do there.

In SP-game the pack works fine - in MP-server-game it bugs !!!

I really do believe there are not enough resources(mem) left to handle that amount of POI's im MP-game atm somehow !!???

Its typical for alphas - it work somehow - but not 100% ;)

A15 SHALL COME SOON

Mag

Ah, all I play is MP, SP doesn't really interest me that much. That is probably the issue then. I'll have to look into modding the RWG file and slimming it down for just some additional buildings vs all of them. I'm hoping A15 will fix this issue. Thanks for all your help Mag, I appreciate it.

Short review of this pack.

I have played with 2 friends until day 40, and have explored 4-6 square km in the middle of the map. We will most likely stop to play soon due to disappointment with this pack, but I should have done more research before using it.

The cons:

Way to many big cities, no normal smaller cities, and the big cities look even more depressing that the central large city in normal games.

The cites is so packed with large buildings that after you have looted one city you almost have everything you need.

almost all buildings is new prefbas, I have almost not seen a single building from original game.

Almost all places that have more than 3-4 houses have dogs, flying and policeman zombies.

The new prefabs is so full of loot that there is no need to have a minibike at all. Some buildings have 7-8 military ammo cases completely breaking rare loot system. I dont understand that people create prefabs that destroy the loot system , make no sense, it destroy the game.

Performance and fps is horrible. I cant even go near 3-5 buildings before my fps drops to half of whats normal

I have not found a single smaller city (4-5 roads) that is often seen in the normal game.

The wilderness is packed with buildings all over, the moment I leave one building a new almost immediately pop in to view. And this is not the normal personal houses found in regular game, its huge buildings all over the place, and no roads to this buildings.

The wilderness and exploration is destroyed, before I often had to drive 1-2 days to find a new settlement, no its just to walk outside.

many prefabs is just silly and break with the atmosphere of the game.

some prefabs is made like secure premade player bases, so secure that the need to build your own is eliminated. I found 3 such places the first day.

Pros:

Some of the prefabs is well made and fun to explore.

Conclusion:

I selected this pack because I thought it would add new buildings to normal 7dtd map, but instead it changed everything.

I dont recommend this pack if you like the atmosphere in the original game. If you look for something new, a map filled with buildinsg everywhere where you can all high level loot with in a short distance.

It was my fault to not read more about this pack before using it, but I feel that the should be some warnings about how this pack completely change the game. Also I have not explored the map completely so hopefully things will get better.

Short review of this pack.

I have played with 2 friends until day 40, and have explored 4-6 square km in the middle of the map. We will most likely stop to play soon due to disappointment with this pack, but I should have done more research before using it.

The cons:

Way to many big cities, no normal smaller cities, and the big cities look even more depressing that the central large city in normal games.

The cites is so packed with large buildings that after you have looted one city you almost have everything you need.

almost all buildings is new prefbas, I have almost not seen a single building from original game.

Almost all places that have more than 3-4 houses have dogs, flying and policeman zombies.

The new prefabs is so full of loot that there is no need to have a minibike at all. Some buildings have 7-8 military ammo cases completely breaking rare loot system. I dont understand that people create prefabs that destroy the loot system , make no sense, it destroy the game.

Performance and fps is horrible. I cant even go near 3-5 buildings before my fps drops to half of whats normal

I have not found a single smaller city (4-5 roads) that is often seen in the normal game.

The wilderness is packed with buildings all over, the moment I leave one building a new almost immediately pop in to view. And this is not the normal personal houses found in regular game, its huge buildings all over the place, and no roads to this buildings.

The wilderness and exploration is destroyed, before I often had to drive 1-2 days to find a new settlement, no its just to walk outside.

many prefabs is just silly and break with the atmosphere of the game.

some prefabs is made like secure premade player bases, so secure that the need to build your own is eliminated. I found 3 such places the first day.

Pros:

Some of the prefabs is well made and fun to explore.

Conclusion:

I selected this pack because I thought it would add new buildings to normal 7dtd map, but instead it changed everything.

I dont recommend this pack if you like the atmosphere in the original game. If you look for something new, a map filled with buildinsg everywhere where you can all high level loot with in a short distance.

It was my fault to not read more about this pack before using it, but I feel that the should be some warnings about how this pack completely change the game. Also I have not explored the map completely so hopefully things will get better.

lol spaces man is it really that hard.

to answer what i understood. the compo pack is the best out there. you got to day 40 if it was as bad as you are saying why did you get past day 2......

as a prefabber myself i really dont care if you think my prefab is over looted or has zombies you dont know how to kill.

others have different thoughts ofc.

magoli does a brilliant free unpaid service by adding this as well as other modders. they put alot of time into these things some times weeks and months. for you to have so many cons and 1 pro is a joke. show some respect for those that give their time to add to the enjoyment of the game.

Magoli also has a loot level. if it is a hub the amount of loot is no issue as it is levelled to the size of the hub. a single prefab in the wilderness has low level loot. how do you get high level loot when you start. that has nothing to do with mags compo pack maybe you use cheats to level up so fast as to get high level loot. the loot in a prefab is levelled to the players level as per vanilla game.

alot of prefabs use the supply containers which when you break is empty used as storage and deco purposes.

you dont have to use the prefabs as your base you can build your own still. no one is holding you down saying you have to use it or use the compo pack for that matter.

see spaces help

And, you can always remove the offending prefabs from the pack. Because the pack is just that... A pack. You take what you want from it, but it's all there due to mags hard work.

I'm not sure you WERE being an asshat, because you did preface your post saying you didn't understand what the pack was for before using it, but you came across as one because you posted your review in the packs thread. I'll reserve judgement to see how you respond to stall though.

Also, the city and town spawning are tfp issues, they broke it around a12.

Happy hunting, and I can promise... You get a server with 20 people on it, and this pack is low on loot. ;)

Realize, that he has been updating what, 100+ prefabs each build, just to make sure the blocks are compatible? All on his own, so his fan base is strong.

@xxx73:

thx for the Response.

your cons are also mine.

Yes its more Loot as in a Vanilla-Game. Some Prefabs are truely overlooted. This was no problem in old times (where these prefabs was created) because in older alphas we were able to regulate the Lootamount in Mainmenu.

Tbh iam waiting for that function to come back - because its a nasty step to cleanout about 400 Prefabs free from Loot.

I hope players get the chance again to setup the Loot-drop-factor by themselves somehow.

If the game is beta - and still no function for that i will decrease the Lootamount to Vanilla-kinda-amount in COMPOPACK ofc !

Over all iam not happy with the RWG-situation we got atm by myself. And the COMPOPACK is bleeding hard under these circumstances.

Especially the not good working Township: town is a big bad impact to the CP !

But its not my mistake !!!

Atm RWG is very buggy (rwgmixer doesnt do what he should!)

Perhaps TFP will work on that soon ;)

sorry about my ranting guys, it was not meant as personal.

As you guys said, I have to sort out the good prefabs from the not so good prefabs.

And Magoli thanks for making this pack, the fun pat is to see all the new things and see what is possible.

And I have big respect for modders that create content for free to others to enjoy, things I cant create myself.

And I love mods, I end up modding almost all games I play. So this was meant as a review but I think the negative things get too much focus, sorry for that.

Cool beans homie; we're extra defensive of Mag because we've seen his blood and sweat over the years. :) I'm glad I was right and you weren't being an asshat. :)

If you want to learn how to make Prefabs, the more the merrier! We'd love new people in our ranks. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the links to get you started.

Cool beans homie; we're extra defensive of Mag because we've seen his blood and sweat over the years. :) I'm glad I was right and you weren't being an asshat. :)

If you want to learn how to make Prefabs, the more the merrier! We'd love new people in our ranks. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the links to get you started.

Could you briefly describe the process of creating a prefab and what tools I need.

I know that you did prefabs.

Now I do not know where to start.

Heh. Briefly describe.

Um.. Start with hals prefab editor, and read this thread.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10163-So-You-Want-to-Make-a-Prefab

Then read hals thread (sticky, under modding/tools) for clarification.

There are several youtube videos on how to use the editor as well.

Thanks, i just thought there is another way about which I did not know.

This ancient method.

I thought I saw earlier a utility similar to Hals Prefab Editor, but with 3D viewing (isometric view)...:)

Thx for the words Guppy ;)

I learned prefabbing fom this tut:

there is also a 2nd video with advanced techniques from bigC

I recommend to build in Navezgane - So u always know where the Prefab is !!!

(I always use this coordinates: -333W/1700N) - I use the area of the school - its even and i like the plains (its bright and mostly even and flat)

check it out!

Mag

I played around with a 3d editor but it was slow as heck, didn't have any features, and they dropped support after about 10 minutes. :)

I think most of us use a combination of Hal's and then switch to In Game, then back to Hal's, etc... for large buildings it makes sense to start in Hal's (do a 100x50 stone base and walls in like 5 minutes) then move to the game for finish work, for small projects it makes sense to build it in game and then export.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend to build in Navezgane - So u always know where the Prefab is !!!

Same. I use the plains in Nav (but then those TFP bastards put a town at my spot! :))

I played around with a 3d editor but it was slow as heck, didn't have any features, and they dropped support after about 10 minutes. :)

I think most of us use a combination of Hal's and then switch to In Game, then back to Hal's, etc... for large buildings it makes sense to start in Hal's (do a 100x50 stone base and walls in like 5 minutes) then move to the game for finish work, for small projects it makes sense to build it in game and then export.

- - - Updated - - -

Same. I use the plains in Nav (but then those TFP bastards put a town at my spot! :))

Yeah LOL - at my prev spot too. And yes - switching between editor and ingame is the best technique.

Sometimes I simply start to build in game - sometimes I Prepare the whole buildingwalls before I build.

In my newest big Prefab I have switched about 30 times :) - but its finished soon :)

Archived