Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Thank You for your Work!

I will study Your Work when I get to that part .xml.

question: I do not like the settlements across too often. I wish that there were less (but not size).

what do I change in rwg.xml ?

Thank You for your Work!

I will study Your Work when I get to that part .xml.

question: I do not like the settlements across too often. I wish that there were less (but not size).

what do I change in rwg.xml ?

settlements ?

do u mean towns,rurals or cities ?

(or do u mean the Prefab-group: settlements ?)

settlements ?

do u mean towns,rurals or cities ?

(or do u mean the Prefab-group: settlements ?)

/settlements - that is town and city/ - was in my understanding :)

I mean the town and cities.

They are now too frequent.

Before was a great joy to find the city - so it was interesting! But, now - it`s everywhere...

In other words : I wish that the cities themselves have been a little more, but their number was less.

Before, i changed here probability and it didn't work:

<rulesets>
	<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="20000">
		<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.05"/>
		<cell_rule name="lowDensity" prob="1"/>
		<cell_rule name="highDensity" prob="0.5"/>
		<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->
	</ruleset>
</rulesets>

for example, I changed this:

<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.001"/>

but nothing has changed. the city of 99% was there every time...I decided that this is hardcoded.

PS: sorry about language, google translation not good....

/settlements - that is town and city/ - was in my understanding :)

I mean the town and cities.

They are now too frequent.

Before was a great joy to find the city - so it was interesting! But, now - it`s everywhere...

In other words : I wish that the cities themselves have been a little more, but their number was less.

Before, i changed here probability and it didn't work:

<rulesets>
	<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="20000">
		<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.05"/>
		<cell_rule name="lowDensity" prob="1"/>
		<cell_rule name="highDensity" prob="0.5"/>
		<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->
	</ruleset>
</rulesets>

for example, I changed this:

<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.001"/>

but nothing has changed. the city of 99% was there every time...I decided that this is hardcoded.

PS: sorry about language, google translation not good....

For compo pack you need to adjust the cell rules not the ruleset to adjust the city chance to spawn.

in the cell rule:

<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0"/>

That will always spawn a city in the 0,0 hub, but nothing anywhere else. If you dont want it to always be at 0,0 remove the position bit entirely.

The cell rules you want to adjust are:

<cell_rule name="lowDensity">

<cave_count value="2,6"/>

<path_material value="asphalt"/>

<path_radius value="7"/>

<hub_rule name="ruralHub01" prob="0.7"/>

<hub_rule name="oldWestTown" prob="0.2"/>

<hub_rule name="cityCommon" prob="0.6"/>

<hub_rule name="wastycity" prob="0.4"/>

<hub_rule name="WastyTown" prob="0.3"/>

<hub_rule name="CoronadoCity" prob="0.2"/>

<hub_rule name="townSmall" prob="0.2"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>

</cell_rule>

<cell_rule name="highDensity">

<cave_count value="2,6"/>

<path_material value="asphalt"/>

<path_radius value="7"/>

<hub_rule name="ruralHub01" prob="0.7"/>

<hub_rule name="oldWestTown" prob="0.2"/>

<hub_rule name="cityCommon" prob="0.6"/>

<hub_rule name="wastycity" prob="0.4"/>

<hub_rule name="WastyTown" prob="0.3"/>

<hub_rule name="CoronadoCity" prob="0.2"/>

<hub_rule name="townSmall" prob="0.2"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" prob="1"/>

</cell_rule>

Buggerance ok, thanks.

Is there a way, do you know, to reduce the amount of water biomes spawning via they xmls? I am fed up of getting started in a world only to find out that there is water everywhere

not really unless you want to edit the biomes for water

Not sure if this is a Combopack issue or a 7d2d issue but I am having POI's spawn half under water

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15466[/ATTACH]

well, there is a way to fix this. Need to use a width and height in the hub_rule to define an area for the custom hub, but you have to put the roads around it and use only positive numbers for the lot positions.

not really unless you want to edit the biomes for water

well, there is a way to fix this. Need to use a width and height in the hub_rule to define an area for the custom hub, but you have to put the roads around it and use only positive numbers for the lot positions.

It's ok I will just keep seed hopping until I find a decent one

For compo pack you need to adjust the cell rules not the ruleset to adjust the city chance to spawn.

in the cell rule:

<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0"/>

That will always spawn a city in the 0,0 hub, but nothing anywhere else. If you dont want it to always be at 0,0 remove the position bit entirely.

Thank You ! This Line was incomprehensible to me.

Another mystery for me:

"customHubTest" - what is it? She's been there all the time confuses me .

Thank You ! This Line was incomprehensible to me.

Another mystery for me:

"customHubTest" - what is it? She's been there all the time confuses me .

That's just an example put there by kinyajuu to show how to include a custom built hub layout

hey guys

The last 2 days I was testing and trying to get the towns filled with more Prefabs

here is the testing-result:

I just saw this post and remembered yours. Did they at least fix the roads layout for the console RWG? I can't remember seeing a town like this in vanilla.

I just saw this post and remembered yours. Did they at least fix the roads layout for the console RWG? I can't remember seeing a town like this in vanilla.

The street-layout works. But the POI-filling still dont work.

Iam trying and testing and doing all ;)

Mag

• 2 weeks later...

so, here is my simple test of why i feel the rwmixer.xml needs to be rebased, and for the time being, the custom cities may not be an option until the issue of town spawning is resolved. the vanilla mixer spawns buildings, where it feels it has the room to spawn them. yes, some aspects of the miser are broken such as the cross streets with only 4 buildings, but hey, ive seen streets like that IRL, and in one of my seeds actually had a gravel road spawn off the tip of one. so ill let that be that.

in my test, all i did was copy the list of custom prefabs from middle class housing category (why it included bunkers in housing is beyond me) and slap that into a vanilla mixer. below is the result. and you will see , where a house would spawn, if it shows that item from the category, it would place something from it. in all my tests, it worked flawlessly, and all of the MANY towns were full of prefabs exactly how the vanilla mixer would place some, in some cases instead of a vanilla house , there was an Aframe house or other building from those categories.

here is my rebase suggestion (which im already working on) keep ALL stock vanilla names in the list, make sub categories for things like "middleClassHousing" in terms of middleClassHousing, vanillaMiddleClassHousing, customMiddleClassHousing. yes, there are a few more lines in each , but it keeps the vanilla files that come with the game, while adding older (yes, the prefabs in the packs are old vanilla), and add a controllable category of the list of prefabs. in fact im starting by copying all prefabs by their exact name into one big master list, then moving them around to their respective sub categories. and basing ALL of the mixing from vanilla. the custom mixer is just too old to continue using.

some observations on my short but informative tests with my oh so slight "middle class housing" modification

where the old prefab mixer would spawn wasted cities in the middle of the forest, the vanilla mixer would place i nice large town with loads of buildings and custom prefabs in its some places

where the occasional small broken X towns would spawn either a large town in its place, or stay broken (that's where the hard coded part of the mixer may be broken)

the mixer seems to spawn items in towns based on size, something small enough like a mini bunker found a chance of getting squeezed into places where a house would not fit. the mixer is not hard coded per prefab, its hard coded for space. in my rebase, ill add a category for tinyPrefab where things like treehouses may have the chance to fill those gaps.

-edit 1: because i hate this keyboard and i cant code on it for the life of me

-edit 2: the attached pictures shows SOMETHING placed anywhere the vinailla mixer would place something. where there are gaps, or no buildings, is where the vanilla mixer would not place something. (sometimes i found a bunker underground in those small places)

-edit3, my version will have a silly addition of random POI off gravel roads being added too, the players on my dedi server love the idea of the plethora of random buildings all over the map, because it gives them a larger count of places to loot on a 16 slot dedi server. my rebase will included a stock poi spawner, a lightly edited poi spawner, and my crazy poi spawner, commented out for your enjoyment.

20160715152847_1.thumb.jpg.7da77b55a28a743705c7963b3f43ba48.jpg

once i get most of my rebase done, ill upload to my github account. and would have no issues with getting some help getting some of the custom towns back in.

im also trying to make this a whole lot easier to remerge/edit with future vanilla updates since we have NO idea how the fungimps are going to mess with things. all i know is using a mixer from somewhere around A12 is not working for us in A14, and i see NO need to remove the prefabs already in the game. and in some cases why even have double copies of vanilla and stock files. ( identical "vanilla" ref will get removed commented out) on final cleanup. this edit may take only today, or a week. who knows, but i will post another book and keep you updated.

TLDR? rebasing the whole damn thing (rwmixer.xml)

20160715150928_1.thumb.jpg.15fa46f56e8e9398d364376462f8ec82.jpg

20160715151201_1.thumb.jpg.15420925213891f47815c0719bd643af.jpg

20160715151402_1.thumb.jpg.ecf6144b0f84118b325e02457f63aba9.jpg

20160715152038_1.thumb.jpg.dd98d05bd9db5b8c51696716ee0e849f.jpg

so, here is my simple test of why i feel the rwmixer.xml needs to be rebased, and for the time being, the custom cities may not be an option until the issue of town spawning is resolved. the vanilla mixer spawns buildings, where it feels it has the room to spawn them. yes, some aspects of the miser are broken such as the cross streets with only 4 buildings, but hey, ive seen streets like that IRL, and in one of my seeds actually had a gravel road spawn off the tip of one. so ill let that be that.

in my test, all i did was copy the list of custom prefabs from middle class housing category (why it included bunkers in housing is beyond me) and slap that into a vanilla mixer. below is the result. and you will see , where a house would spawn, if it shows that item from the category, it would place something from it. in all my tests, it worked flawlessly, and all of the MANY towns were full of prefabs exactly how the vanilla mixer would place some, in some cases instead of a vanilla house , there was an Aframe house or other building from those categories.

here is my rebase suggestion (which im already working on) keep ALL stock vanilla names in the list, make sub categories for things like "middleClassHousing" in terms of middleClassHousing, vanillaMiddleClassHousing, customMiddleClassHousing. yes, there are a few more lines in each , but it keeps the vanilla files that come with the game, while adding older (yes, the prefabs in the packs are old vanilla), and add a controllable category of the list of prefabs. in fact im starting by copying all prefabs by their exact name into one big master list, then moving them around to their respective sub categories. and basing ALL of the mixing from vanilla. the custom mixer is just too old to continue using.

some observations on my short but informative tests with my oh so slight "middle class housing" modification

where the old prefab mixer would spawn wasted cities in the middle of the forest, the vanilla mixer would place i nice large town with loads of buildings and custom prefabs in its some places

where the occasional small broken X towns would spawn either a large town in its place, or stay broken (that's where the hard coded part of the mixer may be broken)

the mixer seems to spawn items in towns based on size, something small enough like a mini bunker found a chance of getting squeezed into places where a house would not fit. the mixer is not hard coded per prefab, its hard coded for space. in my rebase, ill add a category for tinyPrefab where things like treehouses may have the chance to fill those gaps.

-edit 1: because i hate this keyboard and i cant code on it for the life of me

-edit 2: the attached pictures shows SOMETHING placed anywhere the vinailla mixer would place something. where there are gaps, or no buildings, is where the vanilla mixer would not place something. (sometimes i found a bunker underground in those small places)

-edit3, my version will have a silly addition of random POI off gravel roads being added too, the players on my dedi server love the idea of the plethora of random buildings all over the map, because it gives them a larger count of places to loot on a 16 slot dedi server. my rebase will included a stock poi spawner, a lightly edited poi spawner, and my crazy poi spawner, commented out for your enjoyment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15565[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15569[/ATTACH]

once i get most of my rebase done, ill upload to my github account. and would have no issues with getting some help getting some of the custom towns back in.

im also trying to make this a whole lot easier to remerge/edit with future vanilla updates since we have NO idea how the fungimps are going to mess with things. all i know is using a mixer from somewhere around A12 is not working for us in A14, and i see NO need to remove the prefabs already in the game. and in some cases why even have double copies of vanilla and stock files. ( identical "vanilla" ref will get removed commented out) on final cleanup. this edit may take only today, or a week. who knows, but i will post another book and keep you updated.

TLDR? rebasing the whole damn thing (rwmixer.xml)

Yeh see the towns are not full back in a12 the towns were full and i mean full now itnis like your pics

Holy Cow - what a novel ;)

First at all thx for ur Rersponse Migamix

The Pictures u have posted are also show grabby towns.

And even if I remove all of the tiny POI's from towns-spawning - it still looks to cry and scream.

To let u know what's the problem with the towns we have to deal with, I like to show u a screenshot from my archive:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/434944274137316665/FD1CBEBCA310EC5FCC335BA9EB385C989BAD4FAA/

See A11.6 - this is what a town should look like. And this is the whole Problem.

Since A12 the Township:"town" looks like unfinished filled. It looks like the engine spawns One Prefab in One Streetframe and then the procedure stops for some reason. In Older Alphas the engine placed Prefabs One beneath the Other like tetris man. The whole town was filled with Prefabs. (This was the Reason to allow the tiny POI's to spawn in towns, because they were nice fillers.)

next point:

The street-crossings ur are mentioned are not Township:"town" !!!! They are random-rural-custom-HUB's !!!

These random-rural-custom-HUB's (called "ruralHUB01" in my mixer) have nothing to do with the town-spawning at all !!!

(But they do have another Issue I will talk about some other time)

last point:

I dont use the Vanilla-Prefab-names anymore. The Vanilla-Prefabs (I mean the names) are protected by EAC.

Any change on the .tts or .xml will be detected and the game dont allows us to play the EAC-protected-game-mode.

But I had to make lots of changes on them (bugfixing parts, changing sizes,changing blocks, modificated .xml's, etc...)

50% of the Vanilla-Prefabs are never was suposed to spawn in RWG!! (And in actual Vanilla-mixer they still dont do :) )

I had to rewrite the xml's for them and also had to make changes with the editor (sizechanges,groundsurface-changes,etc...) to let them have the ability to spawn in a RWG-world at all.

fazit:

No matter - If Vanilla or COMPOPACK, no matter if Vanillanames or Custom-names , TOWNSPAWNING IS A SITE ATM !!!

It is hardcoded, and maybe TFP's full intension.

I hope I will be able to deliver you the Quality of the COMPOPACK you are used to, as soon as its possible to me ;)

Mag

Having issues with this prefab pack.

i discovered this thread and was excited. i decided to start a new mp server based on it. now to my issue.

i followed the directions and copied all the files in the prefab folder and moved to my servers prefab folder and the rwmixer file i moved and overwrote the old one. when i try to start the server it starts the 7dtd .exe but it eventualy ends that process and there is no logs to tell me what whent wrong. it was fine before putting these prefabs in.

my setup computers are running a14.7 and the server is a14.7. i noticed the prefab pack from compo is 14.6. is this a show stopper, i just assumed it would work fine. do i need to move my server and clients back to 14.6 for this pack to work. That is the only thing i can think of as to why its hanging. Thank you in advance.

i discovered this thread and was excited. i decided to start a new mp server based on it. now to my issue.

i followed the directions and copied all the files in the prefab folder and moved to my servers prefab folder and the rwmixer file i moved and overwrote the old one. when i try to start the server it starts the 7dtd .exe but it eventualy ends that process and there is no logs to tell me what whent wrong. it was fine before putting these prefabs in.

my setup computers are running a14.7 and the server is a14.7. i noticed the prefab pack from compo is 14.6. is this a show stopper, i just assumed it would work fine. do i need to move my server and clients back to 14.6 for this pack to work. That is the only thing i can think of as to why its hanging. Thank you in advance.

Nah cp works fine for 14.7 there were no changes done between 14.6 and 14.7. I would say do a clean reinstall of your server. Double check you placed the rwgmixer in correct location.

it worked!

Nah cp works fine for 14.7 there were no changes done between 14.6 and 14.7. I would say do a clean reinstall of your server. Double check you placed the rwgmixer in correct location.

thank you so much. i was trying to avoid a clean re install but hey it was worth the 20 minutes :p TY x 100000

edit: it worked, i forgot that part:P time to die in 7 dsays cuz ima be so busy wandering around all these beautifull new worlds :p

Awesome

Holy Cow - what a novel ;)

First at all thx for ur Rersponse Migamix

The Pictures u have posted are also show grabby towns.

And even if I remove all of the tiny POI's from towns-spawning - it still looks to cry and scream.

To let u know what's the problem with the towns we have to deal with, I like to show u a screenshot from my archive:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/434944274137316665/FD1CBEBCA310EC5FCC335BA9EB385C989BAD4FAA/

See A11.6 - this is what a town should look like. And this is the whole Problem.

Since A12 the Township:"town" looks like unfinished filled. It looks like the engine spawns One Prefab in One Streetframe and then the procedure stops for some reason. In Older Alphas the engine placed Prefabs One beneath the Other like tetris man. The whole town was filled with Prefabs. (This was the Reason to allow the tiny POI's to spawn in towns, because they were nice fillers.)

next point:

The street-crossings ur are mentioned are not Township:"town" !!!! They are random-rural-custom-HUB's !!!

These random-rural-custom-HUB's (called "ruralHUB01" in my mixer) have nothing to do with the town-spawning at all !!!

(But they do have another Issue I will talk about some other time)

last point:

I dont use the Vanilla-Prefab-names anymore. The Vanilla-Prefabs (I mean the names) are protected by EAC.

Any change on the .tts or .xml will be detected and the game dont allows us to play the EAC-protected-game-mode.

But I had to make lots of changes on them (bugfixing parts, changing sizes,changing blocks, modificated .xml's, etc...)

50% of the Vanilla-Prefabs are never was suposed to spawn in RWG!! (And in actual Vanilla-mixer they still dont do :) )

I had to rewrite the xml's for them and also had to make changes with the editor (sizechanges,groundsurface-changes,etc...) to let them have the ability to spawn in a RWG-world at all.

fazit:

No matter - If Vanilla or COMPOPACK, no matter if Vanillanames or Custom-names , TOWNSPAWNING IS A SITE ATM !!!

It is hardcoded, and maybe TFP's full intension.

I hope I will be able to deliver you the Quality of the COMPOPACK you are used to, as soon as its possible to me ;)

Mag

Hey Magoli, i wanted to take a moment and thank you for all your hard work! this is simply amazing and really adds to the game. with that being said is there a way to donate to your cause? you know like paypal or maybe an amazon gift/wist list? new keyboard mouse or something. If these useless broads on the internet doing webcam chats get hundreds of dollars a day teasing dudes, you deserve like 10x that amount!. just let me know if you have anything set up to receive donations.

Hey Magoli, i wanted to take a moment and thank you for all your hard work! this is simply amazing and really adds to the game. with that being said is there a way to donate to your cause? you know like paypal or maybe an amazon gift/wist list? new keyboard mouse or something. If these useless broads on the internet doing webcam chats get hundreds of dollars a day teasing dudes, you deserve like 10x that amount!. just let me know if you have anything set up to receive donations.

!!!WOW!!!

thanks a lot for this. I love to see you like my pack :)

But in fact I havent got any account that is able to store bucks.

(all financies are done by my wife - lol )

She has got a paypal-account. If u want I can PM you the details. Just PM me.

I saw the work and that it musta be done by someone. So i took my balls and did it ;)

I never wanted to make money with the COMPOPACK.

But to a nice little financial obeisance I also dont want to say no :)

btw: Did you know: There are about 2300 hours of work in this pack XD

Oh - and iam working on a special surprise-prefab that everybody of u knows very well !?

It will be in the next COMPOPACK.

mag

• Roland locked this topic

Archived