Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

yes I started a new game and nothing

It is without doubt that you have done something wrong on your end, it is just a question of what.

The possibilities are that you have incorrectly named the rwgmixer.xml, or not placed the files in the correct folder structure. Since it is very straight forward to use this pack I advise you simply review your /prefabs folder and your /config folder and ensure you are creating a new random gen game and not navezgane or something by accident.

Hello guys, i started using this pack and i'm loving it. I do have a question though. For about a week now that i use it , i have discovered around 10-15 towns and i can't find ANY tool store. Every town has Book store, Gun store, Food store but no tool store. Is it "edited" to look different, so i probably missed it? Thank you in advance!

Hello guys, i started using this pack and i'm loving it. I do have a question though. For about a week now that i use it , i have discovered around 10-15 towns and i can't find ANY tool store. Every town has Book store, Gun store, Food store but no tool store. Is it "edited" to look different, so i probably missed it? Thank you in advance!

Yes - its true !!!

The vanilla-hardwarestore is to big for city/town-spawning.

The pack6 don't have the full amount of prefabs.

The next Pack will have a modded version of the HardwareStore - that can spawn in cities/towns then.

(I have already fixed this - it will come in packv7)

Also there will be about 30 new Prefabs in the next release.

(some brandnew, some back from repair, some reincarnated ones from very old Alphas)

If u love the Packv6 (that is really not looking good) - then u will explode when u see V7

When no changes will appear in A13 that belongs to my work

- u can count with a fresh release of the new PACKv7 in about one week ;)

HERE are just a few eyecandies i posted today - These and many more will come soon ;)

stay tuned

Mag out

Can NOT wait for the update to v7 :D

I have a question.. if I want a map where 90% is/are city/towns what is what I need to change in the rwgmixer.xml?

Thank you :)

Yes - its true !!!

The next Pack will have a modded version of the HardwareStore - that can spawn in cities/towns then.

(some brandnew, some back from repair, some reincarnated ones from very old Alphas)

If u love the Packv6 (that is really not looking good) - then u will explode when u see V7

HERE are just a few eyecandies i posted today - These and many more will come soon ;)

stay tuned

Mag out

Can NOT wait for the update to v7 :D

I have a question.. if I want a map where 90% is/are city/towns what is what I need to change in the rwgmixer.xml?

Thank you :)

Did i understand that right ?? U want a RWG-map that consists to 90% of Cities or Towns ???

courios !!!

Anyhow - sry - i don't know how to manage or force this !!!

But IMO the world would crash on loading - when u have got so many Towns/Ciries and no Landscapes (rural,wilderness)

Mag

Yes - its true !!!

stay tuned

Mag out

Sweet, can't wait! Until then:

About the tool store, is there any way that i can add it again? Maybe if i remove something else? What do you mean it's too big for city? I just started using prefabs and i have time to experiment if you point me to the right direction.

Thanks again for the response, much appreciated.

Sweet, can't wait! Until then:

About the tool store, is there any way that i can add it again? Maybe if i remove something else? What do you mean it's too big for city? I just started using prefabs and i have time to experiment if you point me to the right direction.

Thanks again for the response, much appreciated.

OK - with to big i mean always nothing else hen the size in blocks (length and width) of a prefab !!!

The magical Limit for City/Town is 45by45 blocks !!!

(The Hardwarestore is 46by44 i believe - this is y it don't appear in Cities/Towns !!!)

To get the size of a prefab u have to open it in the editor.

Then count blocks - or simply move mouse to the upperright corner of the prefab and read the size on the top of the window

(dont forget to add+1 from the numbers u a read - because the scala begins by 0)

This is the way to get the Info of the size !!!

btw:

And there in the editor u can modify and change almost everything about blocks and prefab-entities !!!

(also to let the prefabs shrink - to let them fit in Cities or Towns)

Mag

Haha I am sure you are right about that.

the world would crash on loading
.. anyway I was hoping to find a way to make tons of towns and/or bigger :) I did try it already but at the end I did not get a town.. nothing.. lol just land xD

Did i understand that right ?? U want a RWG-map that consists to 90% of Cities or Towns ???

courios !!!

Anyhow - sry - i don't know how to manage or force this !!!

But IMO the world would crash on loading - when u have got so many Towns/Ciries and no Landscapes (rural,wilderness)

Mag

One or more of the prefabs fills the console with red errors. It doesnt stop the game but can make a really messy output log when trying to debug other problems. Im guessing its one of the prefabs that has floating chairs and corpses in it...

does this mod replaces the vanilla prefabs or is it random

Some vanilla prefabs has changed. I have renamed them !!! The Originals of them no more supported by the Pack (because i made them better, smaller or made multifunctional preafbs from them !!!)

And some vanillaprefabs are simply not in the packV6 (as I mentioned many times).

The Packv6 works. But not good.

This is y some people gone nervous - and planed to make a better Pack then mine !!!

(No matter if the changes they wanna do - are a part of my masterplan (that I also told many times on many places !!!)

Seems to me they don't trust me - or don't know my plans - or simply just don't have the ability to wait !!!

(but this is not their only missing Ability - to pull such a big project IMO)

So in concludion to this - there is just only way for me to manage this situation:

The next Pack has to be Perfect in every manner.

(I mean especially the Spawning-Radomness(RWGMIXER) - but also OFC the Worldgeneration- and Spawning-Issues !!!)

The Prefab-fixes and the RWG-mixer-entries finetune is not the Problem. This is what iam doing every day when iam not at work or asleep ;)

But the real problems are the Game-Issues (u know which i mean - look at the firstpost !)

To handle the situation - and equalize my plans - I have to know the plans of TFP !!!

What stays ??? What comes ??? and when??? Will we get a complete Blockchange somewhere in future ???

Will there be more blocks ??? Do the missing Biomes come again ???

Which Entries from the prefabs.xml are important now- and which are useless now??? Do they come back ??? When will the Worldgenerator-Issues be fixed ??? ...

Just a few - of the many Questions I got. Its very difficult to work with this disinformations.

Especially when one workingstep took about 60hours - and 3days later all this work is broken - cause of DISINFORMATION !!!

Yes - I have u guys. But who knows the most important questions for sure. Nobody of us. Just the devs do !!!

I don't PM a dev !!! But i really wish some kind of Inventation from TFP - just for a little information-talk.

I don't want them to change their way for me (how curios) - its just to synchronize my work with theirs !!!

Novel-master-out XD

This will run like ass but ok..

Things to consider:

- You need to adjust your cell sizes at the top of the rwgmixer.xml to accommodate such a large city or town. You will need to test this until the city generates and can still fit connecting roads and the other parts of the cell.

- I would adjust the offset also, down to 0.2 or something since you don't have a lot of room with a city that is 80% of a cell size.

- You will need to adjust the mix of buildings in the prefab ruleset it calls since it'll need to be able to repeatedly place buildings over and over to fill it. Remove any "max count="1"' type stuff or keep adjusting the counts up until the city fills up.

Create a new hub rule, whether this is for all cities or just 0,0

<hub_rule name="damnthiscityisabigCity">
		<hub_type value="city"/>
		<width value="1414, 1414" />
		<height value="1414, 1414" />
		<path_material value="asphalt" />
		<path_radius value="7" />

<prefab_rule name="wastelandHub" prob="1"/>
	</hub_rule>

Reference the hub rule up top in the Cell rules etc, and you are good to go. (Or just change wastelandHub to be huge.. either way)

Did I mention this will run like ass?

What is it that makes it run like ass? Does the assness only last while the city is being generated, or is there something inherently costly about prefabs? Will pregenerating make any difference?

The sheer number of blocks is pretty taxing on systems. Ran fine on my rig but its pretty high end :)

Some vanilla prefabs has changed. I have renamed them !!! The Originals of them no more supported by the Pack (because i made them better, smaller or made multifunctional preafbs from them !!!)

And some vanillaprefabs are simply not in the packV6 (as I mentioned many times).

The Packv6 works. But not good.

This is y some people gone nervous - and planed to make a better Pack then mine !!!

(No matter if the changes they wanna do - are a part of my masterplan (that I also told many times on many places !!!)

Seems to me they don't trust me - or don't know my plans - or simply just don't have the ability to wait !!!

(but this is not their only missing Ability - to pull such a big project IMO)

So in concludion to this - there is just only way for me to manage this situation:

The next Pack has to be Perfect in every manner.

(I mean especially the Spawning-Radomness(RWGMIXER) - but also OFC the Worldgeneration- and Spawning-Issues !!!)

The Prefab-fixes and the RWG-mixer-entries finetune is not the Problem. This is what iam doing every day when iam not at work or asleep ;)

But the real problems are the Game-Issues (u know which i mean - look at the firstpost !)

To handle the situation - and equalize my plans - I have to know the plans of TFP !!!

What stays ??? What comes ??? and when??? Will we get a complete Blockchange somewhere in future ???

Will there be more blocks ??? Do the missing Biomes come again ???

Which Entries from the prefabs.xml are important now- and which are useless now??? Do they come back ??? When will the Worldgenerator-Issues be fixed ??? ...

Just a few - of the many Questions I got. Its very difficult to work with this disinformations.

Especially when one workingstep took about 60hours - and 3days later all this work is broken - cause of DISINFORMATION !!!

Yes - I have u guys. But who knows the most important questions for sure. Nobody of us. Just the devs do !!!

I don't PM a dev !!! But i really wish some kind of Inventation from TFP - just for a little information-talk.

I don't want them to change their way for me (how curios) - its just to synchronize my work with theirs !!!

Novel-master-out XD

The water issue can be fixed by lowering the water table 5-6 blocks. My RWg mixer is a little different when it comes to Biome height differences, but 5-6 blocks should do it and keep the water out of the cities. Youll still have good lakes and stuff but no weird flooding.

Hi mag are you referring to the small hardware being to big? Last I checked they seemed to spawn in cities okay?

Which rwgmixer.xml was used - and which Prefabs-set ???

Are u sure that wasn't already my modded one (it has the big sign nearer to the the center) ???

From outside they look like the same. And I got the vanilla one modified since Packv5 (but shamly not renamed it - so the Confusion about that HardwareStore_sm_01 was born !!! My older versions of the HardwareStore can spawn everywhere ;)

If not it was perhaps a bug that let them appear - or worst case:

THEY CHANGED THE SIZE-LIMITS FOR PREFABS IN CITIES/TOWNS NOW !!! - I hope not !!!!

Anyway:

In the next Pack this Problem is (already) solved. Because i finally renamed it. Now its a custom-Prefab.

The Original-Vanilla Store i dont need anymore !!!

And ALL missing Vanilla-Prefabs will be back in Pack again :) (and will spawn OFC !!)

btw:

Iam almost finished with the Repairings and Builts. Soon I start to assemble them to the Pack and then (godbless)

I start to configure the RWGMIXER.

Till then A13 is out - And I probably can start over again XD

If not i plan to drop the PackV7 this weekend :)

Mag

This weekend sounds awesome !!! :D

Which rwgmixer.xml was used - and which Prefabs-set ???

Are u sure that wasn't already my modded one (it has the big sign nearer to the the center) ???

From outside they look like the same. And I got the vanilla one modified since Packv5 (but shamly not renamed it - so the Confusion about that HardwareStore_sm_01 was born !!! My older versions of the HardwareStore can spawn everywhere ;)

If not it was perhaps a bug that let them appear - or worst case:

THEY CHANGED THE SIZE-LIMITS FOR PREFABS IN CITIES/TOWNS NOW !!! - I hope not !!!!

Anyway:

In the next Pack this Problem is (already) solved. Because i finally renamed it. Now its a custom-Prefab.

The Original-Vanilla Store i dont need anymore !!!

And ALL missing Vanilla-Prefabs will be back in Pack again :) (and will spawn OFC !!)

btw:

Iam almost finished with the Repairings and Builts. Soon I start to assemble them to the Pack and then (godbless)

I start to configure the RWGMIXER.

Till then A13 is out - And I probably can start over again XD

If not i plan to drop the PackV7 this weekend :)

Mag

This weekend sounds awesome !!! :D

I hope Alpha13 don't have changes that belongs to the prefabs. If Yes: forget that with "this weekend" !!!

I also hope Alpha13 HAVE changes that belongs the Worldgenerator, Spawning and the missing Biomes back again !!

We will see ;)

Mag

If there are certain prefabs in your combo pack that I do not like, is there an easy way to exclude them from the list? Assuming I know which file it is, can I simply delete the prefab's files from prefab folder? Or will I need to delete additional files in the RWGmixer to make it work?

If there are certain prefabs in your combo pack that I do not like, is there an easy way to exclude them from the list? Assuming I know which file it is, can I simply delete the prefab's files from prefab folder? Or will I need to delete additional files in the RWGmixer to make it work?

just the line(s) in the rwgmixer has to be removed.

U can also remove the prefabs tts and xml then.

But u dont can just remove the prefabs files. This causes console-errors!

• Roland locked this topic

Archived