Someone is shooting magical iron arrows

Sal

So I was on my way to a trader located in a city I had not been to and I noticed 4 arrows just floating in the middle of the road lol (see first pic below).  Then it happened again a few moments ago when I was on my way to a buried chest in the middle of nowhere (2nd pic).

I just thought it was funny. But this begs the question....who the hell is firing these magical arrows? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the football player in an act of protest for being removed from the game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

You travel that way in the past?  Kill some zombies with your bow then leave that area? 

I think it's the same thing as killing a zombie on the road then finding it's corpse there days later because you left the chunk before it despawned.

4 minutes ago, Ezed said:

You travel that way in the past?  Kill some zombies with your bow then leave that area? 

I think it's the same thing as killing a zombie on the road then finding it's corpse there days later because you left the chunk before it despawned.

Nope. Like I said, I had never even been to that area before or even close (in the first pic anyways), it was 2.9km away from base.  The 2nd pic I think I drove thru there before but never shot any arrows. I rarely ever use the bow at all. I only use it for wolves, bears, etc until I get a gun and enough ammo to supply both hordes(3 days) and looting. 

Actually, now that @Sal mentions this.... In one of my current playthroughs (current version of the game, started fresh), I came across the same thing. I remember when I saw the floating arrows, thinking "I don't remember coming this way before" .. then a few seconds later "and if I did, shouldn't the arrows have despawned by now?". I can't remember if I could interact with the arrows or not. I pretty much shrugged my shoulders then promptly forgot about the incident until I read this thread.

This may be related to the same issue where I'll find dead zombies out in the streets in my MP game.  Also, if you shoot beyond your ability to render, those arrows dont just simply disappear right away.  They do land, and they are often just forgotten.   I've found dead vultures, dogs, arrows, and even a pipe bomb just laying around before the despawn timer took it, sometimes days after.  If I had to make a guess, it may have something to do with the fact that these things only resurface once a player comes within the appropriate distance to the item, where it respawns from the previous code save.  Just an opinion based upon what I observed.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

On 2/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, Sal said:

So I was on my way to a trader located in a city I had not been to and I noticed 4 arrows just floating in the middle of the road lol (see first pic below).  Then it happened again a few moments ago when I was on my way to a buried chest in the middle of nowhere (2nd pic).

I just thought it was funny. But this begs the question....who the hell is firing these magical arrows? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the football player in an act of protest for being removed from the game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think you're lucky one of those arrows didn't hit you... or you wouldn't be adventuring anymore. :heh:

Spoiler

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this last night.  After firing some arrows at dire wolf and "missing", eventually i hit.  Then ran out in the general direction where wolf was during my first few attempts and did not find any arrows.  Later in the day I went further out mining honey and chopping wood and ran into an area where my 3 arrows were suspended in air.  I was able to retrieve them and proceed on my merry way.