"Blue" loot bag disappears?

EVH

I looted a blue loot bag and didn't open it quickly. I may have logged out with it in my inventory - can't just remember precisely.

But when I came to look for it and open it - it was gone.

Is there a time limit on these? Has anyone else "lost" a blue loot bag?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, EVH said:

I looted a blue loot bag and didn't open it quickly. I may have logged out with it in my inventory - can't just remember precisely.

But when I came to look for it and open it - it was gone.

Is there a time limit on these? Has anyone else "lost" a blue loot bag?

Thanks

I can't give you specifics, but loot bags disappear after a given time in order to free up items in the world.

I would think they stay at least as long as the night cycle before dr spawning to gice you a chance to loot them after horde night.

I bet the mission start despawned the bag for you @ElCabong

My bicycle was too close the other day and it said move vehicle out of mission area, because it resets everything at mission start

21 hours ago, warmer said:

I would think they stay at least as long as the night cycle before dr spawning to gice you a chance to loot them after horde night.

I bet the mission start despawned the bag for you @ElCabong

My bicycle was too close the other day and it said move vehicle out of mission area, because it resets everything at mission start

I shot the z after I started the mission. If I had left to pick it up I would have voided the mission

17 minutes ago, EVH said:

I had looted the blue bag but not "used" / opened it in my inventory.

You won't ever get a bag in your inventory. When you loot one on the floor, it acts like any other container, you only get items from it. Once you've taken all the items in it, it disappears. The loot is usually some ammo, a food and a med, which can easily stack with your existing items, or at least not be too noticeable if you're trying to figure out what you got after the fact.

If you leave a bag in the world for 20 mins, that one will disappear.

20 min... hmmm....  I'm gonna have to change that then.

on 90 min days, "night" is 30 min.  So early loot bags would despawn before the horde ends.

Would be nice if it scaled with the day length chosen.

(I seem to recall a long um, 'discussion' about this when A17 hit and loot bags showed up.

Same thing of them despawning before the end of the night)

😛

Apologies for the side-topic question - but what does the blue loot bag mean?  Is this a different kind of loot?  Spicier?  Or higher level loot?

I've seen a few of these to date in A20.  But I do not understand their significance.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, canadianbluebeer said:

20 min... hmmm....  I'm gonna have to change that then.

on 90 min days, "night" is 30 min.  So early loot bags would despawn before the horde ends.

Would be nice if it scaled with the day length chosen.

(I seem to recall a long um, 'discussion' about this when A17 hit and loot bags showed up.

Same thing of them despawning before the end of the night)

😛

I agree.  I would think that the default settings ought to allow for all loot bags generated during a horde night to last the length of the horde night.  Plus like a 5 minute grace period to allow the player to get out of safety fortifications / get down to the ground, or whatever.