Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

On 9/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, dhendo said:

Small thing but would it be possible that you add extra carry capacity for perk name="perkNightStalkerThiefAdrenaline" parent="skillNightStalker" under progression. Only has to be changed from 27 to 35 when using the 96 BP. Also is the food and water bar modlet supposed to be right on the bottom of the screen?

I'll have a look at it

On 9/4/2022 at 4:36 AM, CashtheCrow said:

Is there a way to enable the toolbelt to have 20 slots instead of 15? I see there's an "InitTwentySlotToolbelt" in the dll is there a variable or option button I'm not seeing somewhere or is this simply left over code?

No. That's just because I copied the code from when I was messing about with a 20 slot. You'd need a completely new DLL for 20 slot, which i'm not making.

Hi Khaine. Greetings from Sweden! First of all i want to thank you for all your work! The mods you make are amazing and bring so much to the game! 

Watching you struggle on youtube is also alot of fun! So thanks!

Now to my question. Im playing with a friend on a gportal server. He is playing with geforce now so we can only use server sided mods. Ye, bummer i know but what can you do...

Im using three of your mods. Bigger backpack, lockable inventory slots and Dangerous cities.

The two first works like a charm. But the dangerous cities seems to not happen.

When i played on my single player world, there were zombies everywhere and it was great. But on our server with that mod installed it still feels like vanilla.

Any clue why?

The only difference between my server and single player games is that my single player is still on A20.5 while the server is on A20.6.

Could that be what breaks it, even if the other two mods work just fine?

Hope you can shine some light over this problem. I really would love to get it to work cause the game gets so much better.

Again, thanks for your dedication!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

found an issue with dangerous cities 

i found while using it it caused even MORE zombies in the wilderness to the point I'm having to stop building every 20 seconds to kill another one and the heat is pretty much 0 in my chunk and surrounding ones. its like it completely disables land claim spawn prevention because they're spawning inside my walls too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 5:04 AM, KhaineGB said:

Buried supplies only means you turned trader protection off. You can't just turn it off in A20 or you'll only get buried supplies quests.

So what do you have to do to get around this?  How do you make it so that traders areas can be built in and destroyed without getting buried supply only quests?

• 1 month later...

Hi KhaineGB,

Love your work, I use a ton of your mods and they make the game so much more enjoyable. Thanks for your hard work!

Now, one of the mods I always use is the 'Lockable Inventory Slots'. I think the majority of people use this one!

It's always worked fine regardless of any other mods I use, but suddenly today it's stopped working. Although the arrows and counter appear, actually setting locked slots just does nothing. I haven't change anything or added anything new. It just suddenly stopped working.

Could it be the alpha 20.7 thats screwed this up? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. This is a mod I can't do without!

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question regarding Lockable Inventory Slots

In Darkness Falls this mod will keep it's locked number when logging out, so when logging back in there is no need to reset them, unless one wishes to. But in the stand alone mod, every time one logs out, it resets to zero.  Any chance this will be fixed?

Hi Again,

tl;dr positive review incoming

After a break I cranked up a new world with all of the goodies(including khanes ofc), and have to say after a few days in(and some nerfs to give me any chance at all of survival) this is a really fun and interesting, and emergent, game.

Which is to say, unexpected things happen in ways that would be impossible to predict.  With NPC factions, robots, and improved hordes, and compopack(!) this game is completely unpredictable.  Bandits wake up zombies in sleeper volumes, survivors get involved, a robot or giant robot spider shows up, dogs break through fences and join in, etc etc. and youre like wow, what have we created. 

Compopack is like the whole next level of 7days to die, as is score/npc+khane's stuff.(progression still doesnt work maybe ill ts that in a bit, not surprised though there are about 20 mods interacting, this is not criticism)

One of the comppack large sites, you step foot on the corner and 3 wights are after you(or hey look a box of free stuff in this small cornfield aaaaaaaaah ruuuun), and idk about you but I cant kill a wight early game at all, they just eat all my bullets and then me.   Another site, this bunny is hopping around and triggers the trap floors falls to his doom.  The city is wonderfully bizarre looking with more giant buildings, and it seems a lot of the creators of these have green beret training in trap setting and are really, really, trying to get you killed and make it difficult and full of surprises. 

So want to say thanks to khane and score/npc community modders in general, Ive played a lot of games but none of them tickle my brain quite like this does.  I get full body jump scares from surprise zombie dobermans and red tracksuit ak wielding bandits and that flower shaped purple glowing mecha-whatever and something with a lightsaber was walking around my safehouse last night saying 'emergency red alert' and i dont have enough ammunition to confidently kill it so the nights are long, so long.

Plus the joy of sorting a lot of things into the proper boxes ofc. 

Keep it up

dr g

ps one question i really want to turn off the nighttime stinger/tension music so i can hear footsteps better so i dont die, i cant figure out how to turn this off and dont have ggl or nexus acct, what mods replace these assets or disable these? ill open another topic, searching this site does not get any results.  found steam and other forums about this, ton of people hate it, with no clear solution found tia.

Edited by DoctorGreen
add some stuff (see edit history)

Can't get the lockable inventory slots, 3 slot forge, and/or food and water bars to show up in a dedicated server.
Can get 60 slot and health bars working, but those three for some reason will not.
Is there something I am missing or are they currently [20.7] broken?
Only installed mods.
spacer.png

Edit/response to my above post,
Apparently my FTP didn't transfer over the config files for the aforementioned mods.
Manually made sure each of them had them, all working just fine now, problem solved!
To anyone experiencing the same issue, make sure you are checking for all relevant files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...