The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

That resolution (1024x759) is what I use for all my other games though. My monitor isn't that big and that res fits my screen.

Seems like I may have to wait until I can get a bigger monitor or True Survival updates... :(

You have a GTX 1060, and only run at 1024x768?

Afternoon Sphereii

Something REALY Weird happened today .. I logged into my game as usually .. Craftworx Mod just to check something and logged out .. Everything Went fine and normal I thought ....... Logged out of launcher .. Logged back into launcher and I was going to Play .. War of the Walkers BBkpack today .. Clicked on play mod and it double screened (launched twice with overlapping music) strange - never happed before .. Logged out completely .. gave it a few minutes and did Launcher again .. WW BBkpack .. Play mod .. all seemed fine until I went into Option .. Player Profile .. ALL of my pre-made characters ARE GONE .. ONLY Vanilla are showing up in any of the [ 4 - 7D2D saved Games ] .. The saved game are there with named character .. but No pre-made characters are in the games they are all [ Aldin - first vanilla character on list ] ........ Yesterday all was good

Any thoughts or clues on might have happened .. Thank you

Afternoon Sphereii

Something REALY Weird happened today .. I logged into my game as usually .. Craftworx Mod just to check something and logged out .. Everything Went fine and normal I thought ....... Logged out of launcher .. Logged back into launcher and I was going to Play .. War of the Walkers BBkpack today .. Clicked on play mod and it double screened (launched twice with overlapping music) strange - never happed before .. Logged out completely .. gave it a few minutes and did Launcher again .. WW BBkpack .. Play mod .. all seemed fine until I went into Option .. Player Profile .. ALL of my pre-made characters ARE GONE .. ONLY Vanilla are showing up in any of the [ 4 - 7D2D saved Games ] .. The saved game are there with named character .. but No pre-made characters are in the games they are all [ Aldin - first vanilla character on list ] ........ Yesterday all was good

Any thoughts or clues on might have happened .. Thank you

Hmmm that is very strange. Have you tried to Delete mod, and re-create it yet? Maybe the double launching corrupted a file in there?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an Alpha 16.4 update for True Survival in the works?

I think Spider has recently taken a break, so true Survival will stay with 16.2 for awhile.

Sphereii

Started New game of .. WW BBkpack with new character .. played for about an hour .. will check tomorrow and let you know if she comes back as playable ... Turning the computer off for night and letting it REST :02.47-tranquillity:

OK Sphereii

Started the new .. WW BBkpack .. this morning and SO far everything is going OK .

I still don't understand How ALL of the player Profiles could have vanished and I had 4 .. 1 for each game as a different character. AND just have Vanilla only ... it doesn't make any sense to me ..

DO you know of anyway to Re-characterize the other 3 games .. OR .. Do I have to start New if I really want to do that.

Chat later and have a great day ....... I'm trying .. :smile-new:

OK Sphereii

Started the new .. WW BBkpack .. this morning and SO far everything is going OK .

I still don't understand How ALL of the player Profiles could have vanished and I had 4 .. 1 for each game as a different character. AND just have Vanilla only ... it doesn't make any sense to me ..

DO you know of anyway to Re-characterize the other 3 games .. OR .. Do I have to start New if I really want to do that.

Chat later and have a great day ....... I'm trying .. :smile-new:

I'm really not sure. I haven't heard of this particular problem before. Re-making the mods shouldn't affect your saves or characters, but may be able to recover them? Grasping at straws here...

I'm really not sure. I haven't heard of this particular problem before. Re-making the mods shouldn't affect your saves or characters, but may be able to recover them? Grasping at straws here...

Hi Sphereii

That makes 2 of us .. in the 2-1/2 years that I have played 7D2D ... I have never lost a character profile before and 1 of them was that old.

SO be it .. I'll just start New Games maybe .. Don't mind doing it on Valmod or Craftworx .. maybe get a better Biome on them ... But not sure what to do about .. Dawn of the Apocalypse .. Had good Biome and base going on that one.

I'm wondering if it could have been a bug in A16.4 .. except Dawn is still running A16.3.

OH Well ....... Thank you for reply and Enjoy the rest of the week :02.47-tranquillity:

Hi Sphereii

That makes 2 of us .. in the 2-1/2 years that I have played 7D2D ... I have never lost a character profile before and 1 of them was that old.

SO be it .. I'll just start New Games maybe .. Don't mind doing it on Valmod or Craftworx .. maybe get a better Biome on them ... But not sure what to do about .. Dawn of the Apocalypse .. Had good Biome and base going on that one.

I'm wondering if it could have been a bug in A16.4 .. except Dawn is still running A16.3.

OH Well ....... Thank you for reply and Enjoy the rest of the week :02.47-tranquillity:

Good luck, friend!

Morning Sphereii

Well ... I decided just to use the same player profiles that I made for WW on each of the other games ... It does port into them ... she will just have a different name for each game.

So this way I only have 1 profile to worry about if it happens again.

And Again Enjoy the week .. :smile-new:

Hello, I would like to know if I modify an xml file (to put new recipes), at the time of executing the game from the official launcher or I would modify the file.

Hola, me gustarيa saber si modifico un fichero xml (para poner recetas nuevas), a la hora de ejecutar el juego desde el lanzador funcionaria o me volverيa a modificar el fichero.

Hello, I would like to know if I modify an xml file (to put new recipes), at the time of executing the game from the official launcher or I would modify the file.

Hola, me gustarيa saber si modifico un fichero xml (para poner recetas nuevas), a la hora de ejecutar el juego desde el lanzador funcionaria o me volverيa a modificar el fichero.

To change files, you have two options:

1) Disable Refresh Mods Automatically, and make your changes in the TempMods folder.

or

2) Make your changes in Data\Config, and just run the 7daystodie.exe, skipping the Mod Launcher itself.

Mod Launcher was designed to keep your files up to date and stable, so to make changes yourself, you have to be a bit sneaky with it :)

Sphereii

I have a question on changing the xml. Total computer dummy, or a complete idiot about computers. LOL I am planning on downloading the WotW and will use the 7 days launcher. What I want to know is, I hate, really hate the stupid bears, in a15 my son modded them to attack only zombies for me. In a16 I uninstalled 7 days, wiped everything and then reinstalled the game. I haven't yet updated to stable because I can't play the game for a while, shoulder still healing from surgery. Unless I can use the Steam controller.

I would like to mod the bears the same in the WofW mod, and maybe replace, delete, or whatever is needed to not have the irradiated zombies. Can that be done, will it create problems in updates? If they make more changes to a16.4 to a new stable would I have to go into the xml files (or whatever they are) and have them changed again?

Not sure if it is possible to do, so decided to ask.

@ Spider, I am phobic about spiders, I can't even look at a picture of them, so when you post, just scroll real fast and can't read your posts. So, I am not so much as ignoring you, but can't look/read at what you post to respond to it. Am considering taping a piece of paper on the monitor for when I am on the forum, but it would keep me from knowing who is posting. Not asking you to change your image, avatar (I think that is what it is called) just don't want you to think I am ignoring you.

To change files, you have two options:

1) Disable Refresh Mods Automatically, and make your changes in the TempMods folder.

or

2) Make your changes in Data\Config, and just run the 7daystodie.exe, skipping the Mod Launcher itself.

Mod Launcher was designed to keep your files up to date and stable, so to make changes yourself, you have to be a bit sneaky with it :)

Thank you. :fat:

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die