The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Bigger backs may not be updated, but the XML mods are good.

You had mentioned you aren't using any anti-virus or anything? That's usually what blocks the saving. On the first post of this thread, there's a Release.zip download option. You could give that a try.

Just Windows Defender. This is a pretty vanilla Windows 10. I've just tried launching from Release (after extracting it), and the problem persists. I've tried running it both as normal user and as Administrator, and I installed and started a mod after changing destination.

QUESTION ...... Have you set the top selection .... TO "ADVANCE" ........ if it is on "Simple" it will go to "C/Drive by default ...... You need it it on Advance to change folder location .... ANYWAY that is the way I had to do on my 4 HD gaming system. Just a Thought

It starts on Advanced by default. At least it always has for me. I *can* install the mods on the destination folder of my choice. My problem is that, when I start 7D2D Mod Launcher again, the destination has been reset back to the original default.

It starts on Advanced by default. At least it always has for me. I *can* install the mods on the destination folder of my choice. My problem is that, when I start 7D2D Mod Launcher again, the destination has been reset back to the original default.

Well I'm not sure what your issue is .... Just wondering did you watch any of the video's on install .. Skippy has a good one .. don't know if it's been update but shows all the basic's .. " I know silly question " .. it's just a thought and trying to think of options.

I've been running the launcher for about a year now and haven't had that issue.

Just a THOUGHT ... Go back to page 20 and see if any of that info will help .. I did have this issue the very first time and forgot about ... The Mod launcher work pretty much like a Dream once you get it set-up.

One more thing .. Do you have Admin rights set-up on your game drive .. if you are running Win 10 that also might have to be set.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Just Windows Defender. This is a pretty vanilla Windows 10. I've just tried launching from Release (after extracting it), and the problem persists. I've tried running it both as normal user and as Administrator, and I installed and started a mod after changing destination.

I'm going to be pushing out a new release soon. Let me know if it changes anything. I've changed the logic slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this being done as an open source project? I would love to see the source code and possibly contribute.

It's closed source atm, since I have a security certificate assigned to it. I'll keep you mind when I decide to retire the certificate :)

I'm going to be pushing out a new release soon. Let me know if it changes anything. I've changed the logic slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

It's closed source atm, since I have a security certificate assigned to it. I'll keep you mind when I decide to retire the certificate :)

Thanks. :)

Well I'm not sure what your issue is .... Just wondering did you watch any of the video's on install .. Skippy has a good one .. don't know if it's been update but shows all the basic's .. " I know silly question " .. it's just a thought and trying to think of options.

I've been running the launcher for about a year now and haven't had that issue.

Just a THOUGHT ... Go back to page 20 and see if any of that info will help .. I did have this issue the very first time and forgot about ... The Mod launcher work pretty much like a Dream once you get it set-up.

One more thing .. Do you have Admin rights set-up on your game drive .. if you are running Win 10 that also might have to be set.

I didn't see anything on that page that looks like it would help me. It *does* recognize all the installed stuff when I change the destination folder, it just resets the destination every time I restart. It seems that the only thing that helped you with that was a new version with a fixed bug, not anything you did.

On the other matter, I don't know what "Admins rights set-up on your game drive" means. Maybe it is something I need to do, but I doubt it would help any -- it's the setting that is getting lost. Everything does get saved fine to that drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. Maybe add some logging?

The mod launcher doesn't like my Undead Legacy mod download link, which is:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy or:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy?type=full or:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy?type=full&version=1.1.0.4

It's a simple php file, that gathers some basic data to get statistics of downloads before giving .zip file of the mod.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Steam Link

Is there a way to get the mod launcher to start Mods over Steam Link? I rarely sit down at my PC and play 7 Days to Die, I usually stream it over Steam Link to my TV and I really want to try War of the Walkers MOD.

Thank@

Is there a way to get the mod launcher to start Mods over Steam Link? I rarely sit down at my PC and play 7 Days to Die, I usually stream it over Steam Link to my TV and I really want to try War of the Walkers MOD.

Thank@

I think this would work.

Gotcha. Here's the link the exe: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DModLauncher.exe

This just calls the application's OneClick program, and will allow you to add it to Steam, and run as Administrator. Give that a try. You can copy the file anywhere, and run it. It'll use your previously installed 7D2DLauncher.application too.

Does not seem to cope with spaces in path names very well, replaces them with under-scores.

That's by design :)

- - - Updated - - -

The mod launcher doesn't like my Undead Legacy mod download link, which is:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy or:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy?type=full or:

http://subquake.com/downloads/UndeadLegacy?type=full&version=1.1.0.4

It's a simple php file, that gathers some basic data to get statistics of downloads before giving .zip file of the mod.

I will look into it, but not make any promises. The mod launcher encourages standards, and I don't want to get into writing custom code to support individual modder's personal preferences for their download location. I understanding tracking is an important goal for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank@

I think this would work.

I'd give what Gnomaana suggested. I've never done tried through the Steam Link before. Let me know how you make out with that suggestion.

I can't find a tutorial on how to combine mods with the launcher. Is there one somewhere? I want to use Valmod Expansion Big Backpack with ComSenMod and A16 Better Balance.

The Mod Launcher can only combine certain mods, that do not duplicate files. For example, Valmod Overhaul + Compo Pack. It cannot merge XML files.

I am sorry, but that is not a good design then, spaces are legal in path names.

Thank you for your feed back!

Is there any video explaining how to create a "local" mod? I want my SMX + Lawn Mower, but it was not obvious how to accomplish that.

The local mod is called "My mods". You can make your own downloadable mods, and use the Launcher to install them. It won't actually generate a mod itself.

Thank you for your feed back!

That was probably more polite than I would have been. :)

Anyway it looks like a pretty good system, I am impressed with it otherwise.

For some reason Starvation mod (Starvation16) does not seem to work, but Valmod worked fine.

That was probably more polite than I would have been. :)

Anyway it looks like a pretty good system, I am impressed with it otherwise.

For some reason Starvation mod (Starvation16) does not seem to work, but Valmod worked fine.

No worries. You are officially the second one to mention to me that the mod launcher doesn't like spaces in the year and a half that the launcher has been alive :) The reason is to avoid any possible conflicts when copying files around, regardless of which version of Windows you have. The Launcher can handle them perfectly fine under most circumstances, but I did not want to deal with the corner cases of when it could have been an issue.

All the mods in the Mod Launcher are known to be working, so let's figure out why it's not working for you right now. What seems to be the issue that you are having with it?

Thank you to @sphereii and any/everyone else that made the Mod launcher so easy to use. I'm very much a vanilla pc user and have been wanting to jump into the mods I've been watching on YT, but have been hesitant about it. Kage848 mentioned how easy it was in a WOTW video (the primary mod I want to play), he directed viewers to a Skippy0330 video and BAM! I'm playing WOTW!!! I can't say thank you enough, this game rules in vanilla and is even better now.

Thank you to @sphereii and any/everyone else that made the Mod launcher so easy to use. I'm very much a vanilla pc user and have been wanting to jump into the mods I've been watching on YT, but have been hesitant about it. Kage848 mentioned how easy it was in a WOTW video (the primary mod I want to play), he directed viewers to a Skippy0330 video and BAM! I'm playing WOTW!!! I can't say thank you enough, this game rules in vanilla and is even better now.

Happy to hear it works for you. Enjoy the other mods as well :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sphereii. Add in a feature to track fresh installs and plays. Allow people to opt out of the latter. Everyone wins. Well, except you. :)

Does sphereii ever truly win? :)