Its Annoying That Streamers Get the Game First!

Rizno

10 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Also, obviously, I was talking about full time streamers, for whom this is a salary, and not about hobby streamers.

"According to the US Census Bureau, the median US household income in 2020 was $67,521. To make that much per year on Twitch, assuming you aren't bringing in money from sources not included in this data, you'd have to be one of Twitch's top 1,322 streamers right now. There are around 8.8 million active streamers on Twitch (via Twitch Tracker), which means you'd need to be in the top 0.015% of all streamers to make the median US household income from direct Twitch streaming revenue. Some of the streamers at that level are live every day of the week for sessions that last anywhere from 2 to 12 hours."

https://www.pcgamer.com/twitch-streamer-income-leak/

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

I really thought everyone's release was delayed because of them. But people argue that TFP would never release on Friday because they don't want to do hotfixes over the weekend

Just as your anger and bitterness  about the release date was based upon something that you were sure was true but turned out to not be true, so it is with your anger and bitterness about what you believe to be true about streamers. Much of what you just take as a given about them is completely wrong and almost a cartoonish caricature of reality. I'm glad you came to see the truth about Monday releases for experimental. Maybe eventually you'll reassess the foundation upon which you've built your prejudices against streamers and those who participate as audience members. 

42 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

"According to the US Census Bureau, the median US household income in 2020 was $67,521. To make that much per year on Twitch, assuming you aren't bringing in money from sources not included in this data, you'd have to be one of Twitch's top 1,322 streamers right now. There are around 8.8 million active streamers on Twitch (via Twitch Tracker), which means you'd need to be in the top 0.015% of all streamers to make the median US household income from direct Twitch streaming revenue. Some of the streamers at that level are live every day of the week for sessions that last anywhere from 2 to 12 hours."

https://www.pcgamer.com/twitch-streamer-income-leak/

I didn't know that all streamers live in the USA, in a country with one of the highest average income in the world

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

I didn't know that all streamers live in the USA, in a country with one of the highest average income in the world

Majority rule. There are more streamers in the USA than in any other country by a considerable margin. For 2021 it's estimated at 44 million total, and if it continues at it's current growth rate, it will exceed 48 million next year. This is over 20% of the total Twitch streamers, and the next largest country by percentage is Germany at 7.11% followed by Korea at 4.53%. 

This type of information is readily available, and is the kind of thing you might look up when researching your opinions.

23 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Completely missing the point. Point is that VERY few streamers make a living from streaming. But that's ok, I understand why you choose to go off topic. It wrecks your delusion of all these professional streamers messing up your life. smh.

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

Completely missing the point. Point is that VERY few streamers make a living from streaming. But that's ok, I understand why you choose to go off topic. It wrecks your delusion of all these professional streamers messing up your life. smh.

Did I mention that they live by earning it? Sort of like I wrote that they hope for it, and do not do it. Thats why they buy subscriptions, that's why they portray fake emotions, that's why they say what most people want to hear, and so on. And with all this they are most often terrible players. Therefore I do not want to respect them and therefore I am unhappy that they will be the first who get the game.

On 11/17/2021 at 5:17 PM, Boidster said:

Hmm...that ought not to matter. Wherever the client is installed, it will create a world...somewhere...which has the prefabs.xml file you're looking for. You should see the following folder structure (excluding the one BoidsHellscape world folder and also not the Prefabs Install folder):

image.png.6b6eb48267bdd3ce81f3d91ad3c1268a.png

If you use the vanilla RWG to create a new custom world, it should add a folder under \Worlds with the name. If it's not putting it there then a) that is kind of odd and b) it must be creating the files somewhere. Maybe Ctrl-F for prefabs.xml on your drive?

AFAIK for a few alphas now generated worlds are saved where also savegames are dropped, i.e. on windows in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds . The FAQ here in the forum may be outdated there.  Only pregenerated worlds are in the installation directory.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

21 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Did I mention that they live by earning it? Sort of like I wrote that they hope for it, and do not do it. Thats why they buy subscriptions, that's why they portray fake emotions, that's why they say what most people want to hear, and so on. And with all this they are most often terrible players. Therefore I do not want to respect them and therefore I am unhappy that they will be the first who get the game.

Yes, you did. Then as usual you go on to making assumptions such as they're fake and terrible players.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:10 AM, bachgaman said:

Also, obviously, I was talking about full time streamers, for whom this is a salary, and not about hobby streamers.

19 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yes, you did. Then as usual you go on to making assumptions such as they're fake and terrible players.

This phrase does not mean that these mediocrities earn substantial money.

36 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

But you also said they don't work "real" jobs. So which is it? They earn their living by streaming or not? You can't have it both ways.

Can't they have benefits? Can't they live off their parents? Can't they live on the scholarship? Can't they have savings? Are people either only working 9-5 or just streaming in your opinion?

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

AFAIK for a few alphas now generated worlds are saved where also savegames are dropped, i.e. on windows in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds . The FAQ here in the forum may be outdated there.  Only pregenerated worlds are in the installation directory.

Yep, you're right. I have a generated world in my install directory due to copying from Nitrogen or KingGen I bet.

7 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Can't they have benefits? Can't they live off their parents? Can't they live on the scholarship? Can't they have savings? Are people either only working 9-5 or just streaming in your opinion?

Lmao, you're kidding right? You're honsetly gonna try and say that was what you meant when you slammed streamers for not working a "rel job"? That's pathetic. Sad really how you can't even stand by your own words.

38 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Lmao, you're kidding right? You're honsetly gonna try and say that was what you meant when you slammed streamers for not working a "rel job"? That's pathetic. Sad really how you can't even stand by your own words.

The typical streamer I talked about is almost always either a schoolboy or a student.

And I do not criticize people for not working on "rel jobs", I have no right to do so, because I myself left "rel job" a year ago and now am engaged in my own little business. The words about us, the unfortunate hard workers, were rather an exaggerated joke with a grain of truth in their main message, but everyone took them seriously and rushed to prove something about 50-year-old streamers working at home, which I did not even think about when I wrote about the evil, hypocritical and greedy mediocrities.

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

I don't see an option for that?

The Ignore option does not appear in all screens and popups that show us another player's profile.  I discovered the following while adding someone to my own Ignored User list a few minutes ago.

1) Mouse-over and hover the PFP of the user you wish to ignore and then click on Ignore.

2) The user will be tentatively added to your Ignored Users list

3) You can then check-mark whether you wish to ignore their Posts, Messages, and/or Mentions, then click Add User.

OR

1) Click on your profile name, in the top bar, and click on Ignored Users under Settings.

2) Type in the full or partial name of a user you wish to ignore, then select the user from the results list.

3) Check-mark whether you wish to ignore Posts, Messages, and/or Mentions, then click Add User.

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

11 hours ago, mprojekt said:

The Ignore option does not appear in all screens and popups that show us another player's profile.  I discovered the following while adding someone to my own Ignored User list a few minutes ago.

1) Mouse-over and hover the PFP of the user you wish to ignore and then click on Ignore.

2) The user will be tentatively added to your Ignored Users list

3) You can then check-mark whether you wish to ignore their Posts, Messages, and/or Mentions, then click Add User.

OR

1) Click on your profile name, in the top bar, and click on Ignored Users under Settings.

2) Type in the full or partial name of a user you wish to ignore, then select the user from the results list.

3) Check-mark whether you wish to ignore Posts, Messages, and/or Mentions, then click Add User.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Maharin said:

I think some of you would be much happier if you just put some posters on ignore and stopped arguing with them.  Some people are just contrarian by nature and are not at all worth wasting your time on.

My job description prevents me from enjoying such happiness.