Zombie Dogs on South Mufiko County!! Help!

sonjingohan

Played this same set up 13 times back to back, and only Just started to noticed the pattern.      

Ok, playing on super heard, trying not to die; but for some reason not possible. Why? Well, the dogs! I got them set on nightmare speed, that's ok; but the problem is they spawn behind me no warning unlike with the wondering horde where you will get a music change, or see them, and get the music change.  I also don't know what makes them spawn, and would like to know.

They spawn in the place of the wondering horde, and they spawn more often when they do about every 120 mins. in game, the last time it happen. At some point after I hit level two is when this happens for the most part. If the wondering horde hits, they will spawn on regular intervals every 12 hours in real life, and the dogs only spawn around the mining companies (what I learn where trap bases), and this is what I first thought triggered them to spawn; but I find out it's not.  

Like I said, then spawn on top of me, and if I am not off the ground they kill me in no time, like 3 hits. The time I am talking about here, and found out that the mining companies wasn't the cause, this happened. I was building a 5 block high walkway to the mining companies, and boom I triggered them but sense I was up there they didn't know I was there; but I also didn't know they had spawned. I turned around, and started to jump off, and was two, so I looked around, and found the other two. With that said we are back to me getting killed when they (It is always 4 zombie dogs) spawned on top me, and killed me the very next day.

Sorry it is so long; but I really need to know why this stuff is happening, and why the spawning's are happing the way they do. What is causing no warning for the zombie dogs? 

Are these things like the screamer? Where when you hit 100% heat she will come? Is there a way I can tell what will spawn like with her? If I have 12 torches, and 2 campfires going at the same time, she will come in around 3 to 5 mins. after I start the second fire.

Sounds like the wandering horde, one of the early ones is a group of dogs. If you're not getting that much exp and have long days, your gamestage increases slowly, which might make it more likely to hit it. At least changes in day length / difficulty will change the rhythm of your normal game, so you might just hit it often because of that.

The "no warning" part.. yeeeah. The sounds should be there, I think, but.. you know, alpha :) Also known as -- good luck, mate! :) 

Zombie dogs.   Just when you think you got them figured out, they go back into deadly ninja mode.

In earlier alphas bears (and sometimes dogs/wolf/dire wolf) would make no noise.  They'd spawn in as a horde and you'd never hear them coming.

This was also before the new AI.   One of the things that never ceases to surprise is that even after 3k+ hours in this game, sometimes the most

effed up things can happen when the environment and mobs trigger just right.

Speaking of new experiences, I had to throw dynamite at our horde base to make sure that horde couldn't penetrate our door defenses.

We lost a portion of our southern outer defense, but they had a kitten of a time trying to corpse ladder each other to actually get to our inner

defenses.  Holes in the ground take less resources to build back up then our entire inside structure.  Made the decision easier for me to nuke

it.

This game can sometimes force you into some situations like the zombie dog issue, when you gotta make split second decisions.  Its the ones that

make the least sense that force your hand into... interesting and often deadly solutions.

And the heat situation is a complicated one.  The math is somewhere here on the forum, but I'm only experientially qualified enough to say

15 torches and two campfires aren't that bad.   I would make the move to candles though.  Those generate less heat.

In my MP game we have at any given time:  1-4 campfires, 6-8 forges, 4 work stations, 4 cement mixers, and 3 chemistry benches going and it takes

the same amount of time to spawn screamers.  Once we learned that, the decision to have more workstations became easier.  And if you REALLY

wanted to summon screamers, just lay out 15 fire barrels out in a field somewhere and watch them from a rooftop.   This led me to believe that

perhaps the spawn timer has an initial global cooldown.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

21 hours ago, theFlu said:

Sounds like the wandering horde, one of the early ones is a group of dogs. If you're not getting that much exp and have long days, your gamestage increases slowly, which might make it more likely to hit it. At least changes in day length / difficulty will change the rhythm of your normal game, so you might just hit it often because of that.

The "no warning" part.. yeeeah. The sounds should be there, I think, but.. you know, alpha :) Also known as -- good luck, mate! :) 

It is when it is not the dogs.

20 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

téléchargement (1).jpeg

Please help!

20 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Zombie dogs.   Just when you think you got them figured out, they go back into deadly ninja mode.

In earlier alphas bears (and sometimes dogs/wolf/dire wolf) would make no noise.  They'd spawn in as a horde and you'd never hear them coming.

This was also before the new AI.   One of the things that never ceases to surprise is that even after 3k+ hours in this game, sometimes the most

effed up things can happen when the environment and mobs trigger just right.

Speaking of new experiences, I had to throw dynamite at our horde base to make sure that horde couldn't penetrate our door defenses.

We lost a portion of our southern outer defense, but they had a kitten of a time trying to corpse ladder each other to actually get to our inner

defenses.  Holes in the ground take less resources to build back up then our entire inside structure.  Made the decision easier for me to nuke

it.

This game can sometimes force you into some situations like the zombie dog issue, when you gotta make split second decisions.  Its the ones that

make the least sense that force your hand into... interesting and often deadly solutions.

And the heat situation is a complicated one.  The math is somewhere here on the forum, but I'm only experientially qualified enough to say

15 torches and two campfires aren't that bad.   I would make the move to candles though.  Those generate less heat.

In my MP game we have at any given time:  1-4 campfires, 6-8 forges, 4 work stations, 4 cement mixers, and 3 chemistry benches going and it takes

the same amount of time to spawn screamers.  Once we learned that, the decision to have more workstations became easier.  And if you REALLY

wanted to summon screamers, just lay out 15 fire barrels out in a field somewhere and watch them from a rooftop.   This led me to believe that

perhaps the spawn timer has an initial global cooldown.

That's is what mad he spawn for me anyway. I like that; but the dogs are something else. If they are like wondering hordes, then why do they spawn in without a noise, and more often then the wondering ones?

If I could post a screen shot I could show you my setup (its very heard; but very fun); but I can't post one for some reason. Maybe the more players it changes it? 

Can you make them from the start?

Dogs don’t make a lot of noise, even when they are single spawns.  From my experience, harder settings tend to spawn the dog hordes at higher rates since they are considered a tougher fight and we do select the harder difficulty settings.  Though I will admit this is based on playing and not looking at the code.

At the harder settings, your head needs to be on a swivel, especially  during the early days when you are weak and don’t have much to protect yourself.  You can’t just travel from point A to point B and only look straight ahead.  If you take it slow and constantly surveying around you, you will see the zombie dog horde before they get a sense of you.  That will allow you to assess the situation and determine if you are going to fight or flight.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, sonjingohan said:

That's is what mad he spawn for me anyway. I like that; but the dogs are something else. If they are like wondering hordes, then why do they spawn in without a noise, and more often then the wondering ones?

There are three ways you might encounter zombie dogs:

1) Random biome spawns (see spawning.xml)

2) Certain POIs have sleeper zombie dogs and if you cross the POI boundary they might wake up

3) Wandering hordes at the following gamestages: 4, 12 (wolves, not dogs), 20, 34, 38, 41 (wolves), and any of those gamestages +50, +100, +150, etc.

Encountering a dog wandering horde on day 2 is pretty likely since that's probably about the time you hit GS4. If you are on >100% XP then your GS will rise more quickly and you'll hit those wandering hordes more quickly. They don't spawn "more often than wandering ones", they are just one type of wandering horde. See gamestages.xml, search for the following section:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
        <!-- Will probably have to undo that later. Rev 19924 /19944 -->
        <gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS1"        num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="02"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS2"        num="10" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5"        num="06" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="04"><spawn group="ZombieDogGroup"            num="04" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="05"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS1"    num="09" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="06"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS2"    num="07" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="07"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS4"    num="08" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

Edit to add: "South Mufiko County" is just a random name given to your seed value. I might enter a completely different seed (and end up with a completely different RWG world of course), but still the game will call it "South Mufiko County". Your dog problems should occur on any map.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

"South Mufiko County" Came with the game. It is the same every time. OK so gamestage stage 4 it was. My XP is set to the lowest. How do the spawn some many time, and no music que like the wonders?

On 8/7/2021 at 9:30 PM, Roland said:

Turn down the difficulty. You’re welcome. 

I don't want to, I am trying to get good; but the consistency is what I am have trouble with, that is why I am trying to get help, so I can prep.

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

There are three ways you might encounter zombie dogs:

1) Random biome spawns (see spawning.xml)

2) Certain POIs have sleeper zombie dogs and if you cross the POI boundary they might wake up

3) Wandering hordes at the following gamestages: 4, 12 (wolves, not dogs), 20, 34, 38, 41 (wolves), and any of those gamestages +50, +100, +150, etc.

Encountering a dog wandering horde on day 2 is pretty likely since that's probably about the time you hit GS4. If you are on >100% XP then your GS will rise more quickly and you'll hit those wandering hordes more quickly. They don't spawn "more often than wandering ones", they are just one type of wandering horde. See gamestages.xml, search for the following section:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
        <!-- Will probably have to undo that later. Rev 19924 /19944 -->
        <gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS1"        num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="02"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS2"        num="10" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5"        num="06" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="04"><spawn group="ZombieDogGroup"            num="04" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="05"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS1"    num="09" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="06"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS2"    num="07" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
        <gamestage stage="07"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS4"    num="08" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

Edit to add: "South Mufiko County" is just a random name given to your seed value. I might enter a completely different seed (and end up with a completely different RWG world of course), but still the game will call it "South Mufiko County". Your dog problems should occur on any map.

Ty for helping bro..

11 hours ago, warmer said:

zombies dogs definitely need an audio fix for movement. I have noticed this as well. 

Anyone know the minimum distance something can spawn from the player?

I would like to know that as well. Because when I walk backwards I get hit, but before that there was noting there.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, BFT2020 said:

Dogs don’t make a lot of noise, even when they are single spawns.  From my experience, harder settings tend to spawn the dog hordes at higher rates since they are considered a tougher fight and we do select the harder difficulty settings.  Though I will admit this is based on playing and not looking at the code.

At the harder settings, your head needs to be on a swivel, especially  during the early days when you are weak and don’t have much to protect yourself.  You can’t just travel from point A to point B and only look straight ahead.  If you take it slow and constantly surveying around you, you will see the zombie dog horde before they get a sense of you.  That will allow you to assess the situation and determine if you are going to fight or flight.

I do; but they always come when I am collecting stuff, or in a fight.

16 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

"South Mufiko County" Came with the game.

Hmm...to be honest I am still running 19.3. I guess they added a new pregen map in 19.4 or later? The only ones my game came with are Navezgane and PREGEN01-03.

In any case, that is a random name. You could also make a new RWG world and through sheer luck end up with "South Mufiko County" again. I got pretty close just typing random characters:

image.png.e834d7f084bd73df6909b672d026c0d6.png

IIRC the game has three lists:

1) [South, North, East, West, Old, New, <null>]

2) [bunch of fake place names like Mufibi, Voluya, Kawawi, and so on - lots of them]

3) [Valley, Mountains, County, Territory]

Based on your seed, it picks one from each column. The 2nd list is large enough that there are millions of possibilities.

21 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Hmm...to be honest I am still running 19.3. I guess they added a new pregen map in 19.4 or later? The only ones my game came with are Navezgane and PREGEN01-03.

In any case, that is a random name. You could also make a new RWG world and through sheer luck end up with "South Mufiko County" again. I got pretty close just typing random characters:

image.png.e834d7f084bd73df6909b672d026c0d6.png

IIRC the game has three lists:

1) [South, North, East, West, Old, New, <null>]

2) [bunch of fake place names like Mufibi, Voluya, Kawawi, and so on - lots of them]

3) [Valley, Mountains, County, Territory]

Based on your seed, it picks one from each column. The 2nd list is large enough that there are millions of possibilities.

Yes, I am on the latest update. It was premade. I want something like Nitrogen; but one their site, they said they are not updating it anymore.

1 minute ago, sonjingohan said:

I want something like Nitrogen; but one their site, they said they are not updating it anymore.

Try KingGen. It's under active development. I'm using it for my first-ever attempt at a fully custom map (hand-placed cities and whatnot), but it will do advanced RWG just like Nitrogen did.

5 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Try KingGen. It's under active development. I'm using it for my first-ever attempt at a fully custom map (hand-placed cities and whatnot), but it will do advanced RWG just like Nitrogen did.

OK I just down load in, Hope it is safe, it came from S. forge, and I heard bad things about that site. It was blocked.

Edited by sonjingohan (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

OK I just down load in, Hope it is safe, it came from S. forge, and I heard bad things about that site. It was blocked.

Sourceforge is just a tool, like github or Google docs. Yeah, people with bad intentions can upload stuff there, but generally it's used by open-source coders trying to do useful work. As long as you trust the source of the Sourceforge link (which I definitely think you can in this case), then the download will be fine. Of course have your antivirus give it a once-over, if it doesn't do it automatically during download.

9 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Sourceforge is just a tool, like github or Google docs. Yeah, people with bad intentions can upload stuff there, but generally it's used by open-source coders trying to do useful work. As long as you trust the source of the Sourceforge link (which I definitely think you can in this case), then the download will be fine. Of course have your antivirus give it a once-over, if it doesn't do it automatically during download.

OK, ty. If you know some good mods, that are not UI... I would love to have some. I have some of Mean Cloud, and I got a few from the guy that made CCTV, I always want more, to make it as realistic as possible. 

31 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

I know I am paranoid; but it ask the thing, that free movie sites ask, and you know what that means. How do I know it is safe?

Well, you will have to register an account if you want to download mods. You can use a throwaway Gmail account if you don't want to use your real e-mail (I do this all the time, though not on NexusMods).

As far as "safe" goes, you can be pretty certain that Nexus itself is a safe website (unless it gets hacked some day, but that applies to any website). It's been around for years and it has tens of thousands of mods for all sorts of games. It is a legitimate source for game mods.

The safety of any particular mod might be a little bit less certain, but if a mod has a bunch of downloads then it's going to be safe. Players would scream at Nexus if they left a "bad" mod up on their system.

I mean "safe" as in "no viruses or other malware". A mod might mess up your game, of course, but this also is very rare.

24 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Well, you will have to register an account if you want to download mods. You can use a throwaway Gmail account if you don't want to use your real e-mail (I do this all the time, though not on NexusMods).

As far as "safe" goes, you can be pretty certain that Nexus itself is a safe website (unless it gets hacked some day, but that applies to any website). It's been around for years and it has tens of thousands of mods for all sorts of games. It is a legitimate source for game mods.

The safety of any particular mod might be a little bit less certain, but if a mod has a bunch of downloads then it's going to be safe. Players would scream at Nexus if they left a "bad" mod up on their system.

I mean "safe" as in "no viruses or other malware". A mod might mess up your game, of course, but this also is very rare.

Ok I will give it a chance, I just don't want bad things to happen to my rig. Hay I got a question... If I download mods, and people join the game will the have them, Like if I join a server I get all the mods the server has, meaning when I start a game, and people join me, I would be the server. Does it work that way?

29 minutes ago, sonjingohan said:

Ok I will give it a chance, I just don't want bad things to happen to my rig. Hay I got a question... If I download mods, and people join the game will the have them, Like if I join a server I get all the mods the server has, meaning when I start a game, and people join me, I would be the server. Does it work that way?

I used Nexus Mods a lot to download for my games.  Boidster is correct.  If the mod has a lot of traffic, you can read the comments and bugs section.  If there are issues with the mod (safe or buggy), you will see feedback there.  Any new mods, I won't download until it has been tested by a lot of others; unless the mod is from a creator I trust.

Nexus Mods was hacked in the past, but they informed everyone right away and forced everyone to change their login information.  They also have strengthen their login process.  However, they can still be hacked or nefarious people can create an account to try to get people to download malware, but that is true on any website nowadays.  Hell, we saw what happened with Equifax and their hacked data.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)