enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

17 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Ok this sucks because increasing the SizeScale for the giants only makes them appear to float in midair

if you're looking to change the visual height size of the zombies, you'll need to go into ARCHETYPES.XML. Find the section for the zombie you want and go to the <dna> portion. There you want find the <gene> tag that corresponds to the "height". Default value is 0.5, and normal ranges are from 0 to 1. The height for my giants are at 3.0. below is the dna xml for the forest giant. in contrast, my forest goblins have a height value of -2.0. 😎

<dna>
	<gene name="height" value="3.0"/>
	<gene name="weight" value="1.2"/>
	<gene name="muscle" value="1.3"/>
	<gene name="gluteusSize" value="1.3"/>			<!-- butt size -->
	<gene name="headSize" value="2.0"/>
	<gene name="headWidth" value="2.0"/>
	<gene name="chinSize" value="1.0"/>				<!-- 0 = pointy			1 = rounded -->
	<gene name="jawsSize" value="1.0"/>				<!-- 0 = thin			1 = wide -->
	<gene name="jawsPosition" value="0.5"/>			<!-- 0 = double chin	1 = high -->
	<gene name="mandibleSize" value="1.5"/>			<!-- 0 = small			1 = large -->
	<gene name="lipsSize" value="3.0"/>
	<gene name="mouthSize" value="3.0"/>
	<gene name="noseWidth" value="3.0"/>
	<gene name="noseInclination" value="1.0"/>		<!-- 0 = down			1 = up -->
	<gene name="handsSize" value="12.0"/>
	<gene name="feetSize" value="14.0"/>
	<gene name="earsSize" value="0.0"/>
	<gene name="foreheadPosition" value="1.0"/>		<!-- 0 = high eyebrows	1 = low eyebrows -->
	<gene name="eyeSize" value="0.0"/>				<!-- 0 = squinty		1 = wide open -->
</dna>

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

Cannot be used at the same time as Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS.
I have only SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS and enZombies installed on my server,
but I get the message "The referenced script on this Behavior (Game Object'torchPrefab') is missing!", and Followed by many errors like this
"2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.376 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS19']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.377 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS23']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.377 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS27']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.378 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS31']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.378 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS35']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.378 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS40']"
2021-07-19T20: 39: 35 16.379 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS" did not apply: <append xpath = "/ entitygroups / entitygroup [@ name ='feralHordeStageGS44']"
・・・・
ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 1921, 58, 640
then svrver hang up.

I renamed the folder from enZombies to xenZombies. The number of errors is reduced. However, even if I change the name, the Snufkin Zombie does not appear.

Edited by melvil6300 (see edit history)

@ErrorNull I've use CreaturePackHumans and CreaturePackZombies (also Stallionsdens zombie modifications 2) and after install your mod there start spawning green and red Zs all around the world. After removing your mod - spawn return to normal.

What I did wrong?

Hi @melvil6300 and @InsKill - sorry to say, but i did not design enZombies mod with compatibility with other mods in mind. the reason is because I need to control which zombie groups spawn in which biomes, and also prevent certain zombies from spawning in other biomes. the most efficient way for me to do this is to delete the existing zombie groups and redo them from scratch, and also create my own zombie groups. this will cause unpredictable results with other mods.

Some other mods might assume that those vanilla zombie groups (or spawners) still exists, but don't know that it's been deleted by my mod. which is what's happening in your case @melvil6300. Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS is looking to add some code into "feralHordeStageGS19", 23, 27, etc. but it doesn't realize that my mod only contains at highest "feralHordeStageGS16". Any feralHordeStageGS of 17 or higher does not exist any longer because my mods deletes them. one workaround is to delete lines 199 - 330 inside gamestages.xml of enZombies. this should prevent the error with the Snufkin mod, but it will also prevent any enZombies from spawning during horde night.

@InsKill the RED test zombies are appearing because there is a mod you are using that still relies on "ZombiesBurntForest" group. my mod has deleted this group and is using a different named one for the burnt forest. the GREEN test zombies are appearing because there is a mod that still relies on the "ZombiesAll" group. my mod doesn't use this group at all. as a quick bandaid, you can delete lines 25-60 inside entitygroups.xml of enZombies and it should fix the issue.

at this time, my priority is to fix any bugs that come up from having enZombies installed with no other mods. if you are using other mods with enZombies, it would require me to study those other mods, how they interact with enZombies, and depending on my motivation, i might have some ideas to offer and might not.

at some point i would like to include zombies from other mods like Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUSNEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy, and A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project, but will need to get the mod creators' permissions as I will have to manually merge the XML code from those mods to work with enZombies .. in order to maintain its existing custom zombie spawning scenarios/ratios. 😎

16 hours ago, xyth said:

The next versions of creaturepacks (A20) will radically change so I wouldn't both with compatibility unless you did so soon.  

certainly looking forward to A20 and the completion of HD-ifying the rest of the zombies. you going to have your werewolf in your A20 creaturepacks by then??

not looking forward to A21 when UMA system will be got rid of. but that's life, nothing lasts forever.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, melvil6300 said:

Cannot be used at the same time as Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS.
I have only SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS and enZombies installed on my server,
but I get the message "The referenced script on this Behavior (Game Object'torchPrefab') is missing!", and Followed by many errors like this

I am still using version 1.4 because the Horde Night settings are more compatible with the way enZombies are brought into a Horde Night. Servers do not seem to be comfortable when trying to run more than one change to Horde Night settings based on Game Stage amendments. There was a similar issue with running the Elite Zombies mod with the Snufkins and they needed to be fully combined.

If you still have version 1.4 it seems to run with other zombie mods with their own Horde Night settings as enZombies are added in a way that seems to be acceptable for combining.

As for "The referenced script on this Behavior (Game Object'torchPrefab') is missing!", this Prefab appears to be buggy on dedicated servers. Sometimes the torch appears and sometimes they appear as pink textures. Some servers crash on Horde Night while others can tolerate it.

If you go to the buffs.xml and comment out the BurntGoblinDeco individually for both the Right and Left hand, it may bring more stability:

<!--triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity"
            prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/torchprefab.prefab"
            local_offset="-0.1,0.1,-0.05"
            local_rotation="0,0,0"
            parent_transform="RightHand"
        /-->

<!--triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity"
            prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/torchprefab.prefab"
            local_offset="-0.1,-0.1,-0.03"
            local_rotation="180,0,0"
            parent_transform="LeftHand"
        /-->

@arramus thanks for your insight there. i looked further into that torchPrefab error and that specific object is not very cooperative. not sure why as lots of this is still trial and error. i found another torch that works without errors called "torch02prefab". so now the burntGoblins is using that and is all happy. that code snippet should now look like below within BUFFS.XML.. and it will be present in the upcoming v1.6 update.

<buff name="BurntGoblinDeco" hidden="true">
	<effect_group>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" 
			prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/torch02prefab.prefab" 
			local_offset="-0.1,-0.1,-0.05" 
			local_rotation="0,0,0" 
			parent_transform="RightHand"
		/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" 
			prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/torch02prefab.prefab" 
			local_offset="-0.1,0.1,-0.03" 
			local_rotation="180,0,0" 
			parent_transform="LeftHand"
		/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

let me know if this alternate torch object fixes the pink texture effect.. and also plays better during horde night with no more server crashes. i too noticed that the torches do go missing on the goblins sometimes, even with the alternate torch02 prefab. i wonder if it could be some sort of max threshold for certain objects or entities or what not.

i'm also in process of  creating an add-on mod that you install alongside enZombies that will add all the Snufkin zombies and the PLUS zombies into the game. I'll try to format the XML so that it's relatively straight forward to tweak spawn rates to your preferences.

Version 1.6 Released!

(Updated download link on original post)

- added wasteland goblins
- added a forest, snow, burnt and wasteland goblin quests
- slightly increased game animal spawning in all biomes
- slightly reduced zombie dog and vulture spawning in horde night
- made the burnt goblins and giant, and burnt male and female flamers immune to fire attacks
- fixed errors with the burnt goblin torches and giants
- created new Snufkin Zombies Addon (refer to Addons section)

A19-5-2021-07-22-09-07-45.jpg

There are now armor-wearing goblins residing in the wasteland - who try to slash you with their bone knives! I've also added four new challenge quests that each are centered around the forest goblins, snow goblins, burnt goblins, or wasteland goblins. If you want to experience what it's like to be ambushed by an army of goblins and their giants, this is it. 😁

I did more troubleshooting with the buggy torch object associated with the burnt goblins... and found a good fix. After testing, I no longer see pink torch textures, bad performance, or server errors. What I did was replace those torches with ones that were unlit and added a separate flame particle to simulate a burning torch. For some reason this works much better. Let me know if this helps you.

Snufkin zombies PLUS Addon Mod - This mod adds all Snufkin community zombies alongside enZombies. The Snufkin zombies will spawn outside in the various biomes, within the screamer hordes, the wandering hordes, and the blood moon horde night.. along with the enZombies. The Snufkin zombies do not spawn inside POI's like as sleepers, but I have included code within ENTITYGROUPS.XML where you can enable it. Download link in original post --> ADD-ONS section.

Please share me your bugs and feedback. Enjoy!

57 minutes ago, ErrorNull said:

Version 1.6 Released!

- added wasteland goblins
- added a forest, snow, burnt and wasteland goblin quests
- slightly increased game animal spawning in all biomes
- slightly reduced zombie dog and vulture spawning in horde night
- made the burnt goblins and giant, and burnt male and female flamers immune to fire attacks
- fixed errors with the burnt goblin torches and giants
- created new Snufkin Zombies Addon (refer to Addons section)

A19-5-2021-07-22-09-07-45.jpg

There are now armor-wearing goblins residing in the wasteland - who try to slash you with their bone knives! I've also added four new challenge quests that each are centered around the forest goblins, snow goblins, burnt goblins, or wasteland goblins. If you want to experience what it's like to be ambushed by an army of goblins and their giants, this is it. 😁

I did more troubleshooting with the buggy torch object associated with the burnt goblins... and found a good fix. After testing, I no longer see pink torch textures, bad performance, or server errors. What I did was replace those torches with ones that were unlit and added a separate flame particle to simulate a burning torch. For some reason this works much better. Let me know if this helps you.

Snufkin zombies PLUS Addon Mod - This mod adds all Snufkin community zombies alongside enZombies. The Snufkin zombies will spawn outside in the various biomes, within the screamer hordes, the wandering hordes, and the blood moon horde night.. along with the enZombies. The Snufkin zombies do not spawn inside POI's like as sleepers, but I have included code within ENTITYGROUPS.XML where you can enable it. Download link in original post --> ADD-ONS section.

Please share me your bugs and feedback. Enjoy!

really like what i see. now dont get me wrong editing the height code in the architypes for the giants did work a little bit but if u can fix the SizeScale code so increasing it doesn't make the giants appear to float in mid air that would be fantastic because when i and most other people think of giants we think of these massive human like monsters that can do all kinds of damage to humans and other things. im saying this because i also have a mod that brings the old behemoth zombie back to the game so i was thinking of using the giants from this mod as the behemoths minions sort of speak while the behemoth is a more boss type version of the giants.

7 hours ago, AndrewT said:

really like what i see. now dont get me wrong editing the height code in the architypes for the giants did work a little bit but if u can fix the SizeScale code so increasing it doesn't make the giants appear to float in mid air that would be fantastic because when i and most other people think of giants we think of these massive human like monsters that can do all kinds of damage to humans and other things. im saying this because i also have a mod that brings the old behemoth zombie back to the game so i was thinking of using the giants from this mod as the behemoths minions sort of speak while the behemoth is a more boss type version of the giants.

hmm.. maybe you and i are not talking about the same thing here. in my experience so far, if you want to change the physical visual height of these archetype style zombies, you do it by changing the HEIGHT attribute in ARCHETYPES.XML.  changing the SIZESCALE attribute within ENTITYGROUPS.XML does not increase or decrease their height of the zombie... but instead only alters their vertical positioning. 

it could be that altering the sizescale for vanilla zombies (and other zombie mods that have their 3d model assets) does change their visual height, but enZombies works differently. let me know if you meant something else or what you're looking to do and i'll be glad to help further.

18 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

hmm.. maybe you and i are not talking about the same thing here. in my experience so far, if you want to change the physical visual height of these archetype style zombies, you do it by changing the HEIGHT attribute in ARCHETYPES.XML.  changing the SIZESCALE attribute within ENTITYGROUPS.XML does not increase or decrease their height of the zombie... but instead only alters their vertical positioning. 

it could be that altering the sizescale for vanilla zombies (and other zombie mods that have their 3d model assets) does change their visual height, but enZombies works differently. let me know if you meant something else or what you're looking to do and i'll be glad to help further.

ohhhhhhhh that makes sense.

Version 1.7 Released!

- added three desert goblins
- added new desert goblin raid challenge quest
- added two business women and one more businessman
- added new businessman raid challenge quest
- added one more utility man zombie
- updated enWolf, enDirewolf and enCoyote not run away and also be harvestable
- updated wandering horde spawns to include groups of crawlers

A19-6-2021-07-30-05-38-34.jpg

For this update, I've added more business attired zombies to further increase the variation as you quest through those business and skyscraper POIs. There is also a another utility zombie. If you look closely, you can see he's carrying hammer - so be careful when searching through those construction sites! And finally, we have the desert goblins which now completes the goblin tribes for each biome.

This also marks 101 enZombies. Couple hundred more and we might finally have a small town population. Enjoy. 😎

Hey ErrorNull i was messing with the height for the giants now I forgot what i originally had the heights set to but at that time the giants seemed to be 3.5 to 4 blocks tall but when I jacked up the heights again to 30.0 (their current setup) the giants didn't seem to get any bigger. let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or if there is a height size limit.

@AndrewT the default height of the giants set to 3.0... which is defined in the  ARCHETYPES.XML file. Find the <archetype> for the giant in that file, then find the <dna> section and it's the line below:

i've never actually tried anything higher than 5 or so. a height of 30.0 must be enormous.

1 hour ago, ErrorNull said:

@AndrewT the default height of the giants set to 3.0... which is defined in the  ARCHETYPES.XML file. Find the <archetype> for the giant in that file, then find the <dna> section and it's the line below:

i've never actually tried anything higher than 5 or so. a height of 30.0 must be enormous.

hopefully this <dna> thing works.

I also have the snufkin's boss zombies PLUS mod as well as mods that add titanium more gun calibers and enemy health bars. so that could be the issue. But now that im thinking about it a zombie growing to around 4 blocks tall (around 15 feet in real life) thanks to nuclear radiation is far more realistic than a zombie growing to the height of the AOT titans. Speaking of all this I have a friend from high school who i still hangout with to this day and he wants to be a movie director/actor and we actually have plans for our own zombie TV series, and one of the zombies we have planned for this show is in fact a huge zombie (an extremely rare zombie) ironically called "Titan zombies" which will rang from 7 to 15 feet in height. Anyway I'll let u know if i need more help with anything but if your also interested in this titan zombie or any other zombies me and my friend have planned for our TV series feel free to let me know.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:24 AM, ErrorNull said:

@InsKill the RED test zombies are appearing because there is a mod you are using that still relies on "ZombiesBurntForest" group. my mod has deleted this group and is using a different named one for the burnt forest. the GREEN test zombies are appearing because there is a mod that still relies on the "ZombiesAll" group. my mod doesn't use this group at all. as a quick bandaid, you can delete lines 25-60 inside entitygroups.xml of enZombies and it should fix the issue.

Sorry to hear that. Did you try the above steps? deleting those lines?

Hi Everyone!  Are you seeing any of these test color zombies? YELLOW, RED, GREEN, BLUE, or BLACK?

A19-5-2021-08-06-08-05-14.jpg

This should not be happening if enZombies and the supported add-ons are the only mods you are using. Currently the only supported add-ons are: No Nudes Mod v1.1 and Snufkin Zombies Plus v1.0.

If you are using any other mods aside from this, then those unexpected test zombies can spawn. If you are seeing these color zombies spawn, please find out the following:

1) what biome did the test zombie spawn in?

2) was it day or night when the test zombie spawned?

3) was it outside in the wilderness? or inside a POI?

4) if inside a POI, let me know the name of the POI. *

* You can do this by activating DM mode from the console, exit the console, then press F3. The POI name will show on the upper left. If you are not familiar with these steps you can also just send me a screenshot or explain as best as you can on your comment.

When these test zombies spawn, the game is using the below entitygroups, which it should not. Or, at least that is not my expectation:

ZombiesAll

ZombiesNight

ZombiesBurntForest

ZombiesWastelandNight

GREEN zombies will spawn if the game is using the ZombiesAll group.

RED zombies will spawn if the game is using the ZombiesBurntForest group.

BLACK zombies will spawn if the game is using the ZombiesNight group.

PURPLE zombies will spawn if the game is using the ZombiesWastelandNight group. The purple zombies look very similar to RED ones.

I have not commented out this code since I'm curious to see if this situation happens, which shouldn't... but seeing that a few of you are experiencing this, I'd like to troubleshoot further. Answering the above 4 questions will help much. Thanks!

1) what biome did the test zombie spawn in?                                                 Forest - this is only biome I have

2) was it day or night when the test zombie spawned?                                 Any

3) was it outside in the wilderness? or inside a POI?                                       Wilderness

4) if inside a POI, let me know the name of the POI. *                                    -------------

On 8/6/2021 at 1:59 AM, ErrorNull said:

Sorry to hear that. Did you try the above steps? deleting those lines?

Oh! I forgot delete lines. Try and replay

@InsKill it sounds like your game setup still wants to use the "ZombiesAll" group that I have purposed disabled in my mod.

definitely let me know after you have deleted those lines and tried again.

i also wonder if you still get the green zombies if you try a new map with no forest, but with only desert, or only snow. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...