enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

oh man.You are so kind .I don't know what to say to thanks to you.Well if you really do that.I think the CreaturePackAnimals  and CreaturePackZombies mods are my

choice. The human .oh no thanks .they have a gun...No that's not the important.They are not Zombies.  CreaturePackMechs...you'v got to be kidding me...You know i hate the robots....same reason.They are not Zombies.Can't wait......more kind of zombies scare the @%$# out of me.... So i must ask myself a question..Do i really like the zombie or not.....

I was wondering about the significance of the probabilities you are using in the entitygroups.xml.

<!--Total value equals 11.45.  Equivalent probabilities are 87.34, 8.73, 2.62, and 1.31 -->
    <entitygroup name="PineforestAnimalsAggroDay">
        <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="10"/>
        <entity name="animalWolf"           prob="1"/>
        <entity name="animalBear"           prob="0.30"/>
        <entity name="animalDireWolf"       prob="0.15"/>
    </entitygroup>

<!--Total value equals 10.  Could also be written as .6, .1, .1, .1, .05, .05 -->
    <entitygroup name="PineforestAnimalsGameDay">
        <entity name="invisibleAnimal"  prob="6"/>
        <entity name="animalRabbit"     prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalChicken"    prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalBoar"       prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalDoe"        prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="animalStag"       prob="0.5"/>
    </entitygroup>

I am not familiar with modding and I am just trying to make sure I am understanding things correctly.  I downloaded this the other night having only read the first post with the description saying "These zombies are meant to be your average walkers and crawlers to complement the existing vanilla ones."

I am sure you could imagine my surprise running from the starting point to the Trader and encountering 3 wolves, 2 bears, and countless zombies...  After 4 infections in 3 days, finding no antibiotics at a pop-n-pills, and then having a monstrous creature climb up to the roof at 23:00 turning me to pulp; I had to log out of the game and look at exactly what I had downloaded.

Thanks for any insight!

Edited by MatisJaximus (see edit history)

23 hours ago, MatisJaximus said:

I was wondering about the significance of the probabilities you are using in the entitygroups.xml.

<!--Total value equals 11.45.  Equivalent probabilities are 87.34, 8.73, 2.62, and 1.31 -->
    <entitygroup name="PineforestAnimalsAggroDay">
        <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="10"/>
        <entity name="animalWolf"           prob="1"/>
        <entity name="animalBear"           prob="0.30"/>
        <entity name="animalDireWolf"       prob="0.15"/>
    </entitygroup>

<!--Total value equals 10.  Could also be written as .6, .1, .1, .1, .05, .05 -->
    <entitygroup name="PineforestAnimalsGameDay">
        <entity name="invisibleAnimal"  prob="6"/>
        <entity name="animalRabbit"     prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalChicken"    prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalBoar"       prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalDoe"        prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="animalStag"       prob="0.5"/>
    </entitygroup>

I am not familiar with modding and I am just trying to make sure I am understanding things correctly.  I downloaded this the other night having only read the first post with the description saying "These zombies are meant to be your average walkers and crawlers to complement the existing vanilla ones."

I am sure you could imagine my surprise running from the starting point to the Trader and encountering 3 wolves, 2 bears, and countless zombies...  After 4 infections in 3 days, finding no antibiotics at a pop-n-pills, and then having a monstrous creature climb up to the roof at 23:00 turning me to pulp; I had to log out of the game and look at exactly what I had downloaded.

Thanks for any insight!

@MatisJaximus Ouch haha. sounds like you had to re-evaluate some life choices on that last run. what was that creature that followed you up the stairs to your doom?? were you also using the snufkin zombies addon? those zobmbies are tough ones.

regarding the spawn numbers, i tend to prefer whole number values when doing the spawn probabilities - though of course your values are just as valid.

If you're curious about the entry for the invisibleAnimalEnemy spawn, apparently the game spawns too many animals by default and you have to add that line in order to dilute the spawn chance of real animals from spawning. if you find that too many animals within a certain entitygroup are spawning, then increase the prob value for invisibleAnimalEnemy. if just a specific animal within a group is spawning too much, you can of course just lower that animal's prob number.

During my own personal tests, i have not had an overabundance of baddy animals like wolves and bears, but weird things can happen. Feel free to tweak those prob values and i'd be curious to see which works best for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, ErrorNull said:

Hi @melvil6300 and @InsKill - sorry to say, but i did not design enZombies mod with compatibility with other mods in mind. the reason is because I need to control which zombie groups spawn in which biomes, and also prevent certain zombies from spawning in other biomes. the most efficient way for me to do this is to delete the existing zombie groups and redo them from scratch, and also create my own zombie groups. this will cause unpredictable results with other mods.

Some other mods might assume that those vanilla zombie groups (or spawners) still exists, but don't know that it's been deleted by my mod. which is what's happening in your case @melvil6300. Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS is looking to add some code into "feralHordeStageGS19", 23, 27, etc. but it doesn't realize that my mod only contains at highest "feralHordeStageGS16". Any feralHordeStageGS of 17 or higher does not exist any longer because my mods deletes them. one workaround is to delete lines 199 - 330 inside gamestages.xml of enZombies. this should prevent the error with the Snufkin mod, but it will also prevent any enZombies from spawning during horde night.

@InsKill the RED test zombies are appearing because there is a mod you are using that still relies on "ZombiesBurntForest" group. my mod has deleted this group and is using a different named one for the burnt forest. the GREEN test zombies are appearing because there is a mod that still relies on the "ZombiesAll" group. my mod doesn't use this group at all. as a quick bandaid, you can delete lines 25-60 inside entitygroups.xml of enZombies and it should fix the issue.

at this time, my priority is to fix any bugs that come up from having enZombies installed with no other mods. if you are using other mods with enZombies, it would require me to study those other mods, how they interact with enZombies, and depending on my motivation, i might have some ideas to offer and might not.

at some point i would like to include zombies from other mods like Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUSNEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy, and A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project, but will need to get the mod creators' permissions as I will have to manually merge the XML code from those mods to work with enZombies .. in order to maintain its existing custom zombie spawning scenarios/ratios. 😎

Deleting of that lines removed GREEN test zombies but RED test zombies still intact - only at night. No any zombimodifications in my game.
UPD: There is no any enZombies in the wilderness.

UPD_2: In the night POIs have enZombies (REDs too)

Edited by InsKill (see edit history)

On 9/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, InsKill said:

Deleting of that lines removed GREEN test zombies but RED test zombies still intact - only at night. No any zombimodifications in my game.
UPD: There is no any enZombies in the wilderness.

UPD_2: In the night POIs have enZombies (REDs too)

Hi InsKill - what version of 7 Days are you running? and which enZombies mod version are you using?

and also, are you playing on a server?

have you also tried starting a new map and a new game, and only and the newest enZombies version installed? let me know thanks.

14 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi InsKill - what version of 7 Days are you running? and which enZombies mod version are you using?

and also, are you playing on a server?

have you also tried starting a new map and a new game, and only and the newest enZombies version installed? let me know thanks.

7d2d - last version

enZombies - last version

solo game

existed save

What sucks Errornull is when i tried the snufkin zombies addon to this mod i got nothing but various null errors every 2 seconds and it sucks because the addon featured some really cool zombie slaughtering quests. hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

24 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

What sucks Errornull is when i tried the snufkin zombies addon to this mod i got nothing but various null errors every 2 seconds and it sucks because the addon featured some really cool zombie slaughtering quests. hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

hi @AndrewT, i don't remember you mentioning this problem before.. or that i had responded to your past mention of it? any problems with the snufkin zombies addon can get fixed soon, so long as i'm aware of the issue. please provide more details on top of the 'null errors every 2 seconds' and i can certainly look into it further. screenshots? error logs? occurs right at boot up? occurs only in certain situations? etc...

1 hour ago, ErrorNull said:

hi @AndrewT, i don't remember you mentioning this problem before.. or that i had responded to your past mention of it? any problems with the snufkin zombies addon can get fixed soon, so long as i'm aware of the issue. please provide more details on top of the 'null errors every 2 seconds' and i can certainly look into it further. screenshots? error logs? occurs right at boot up? occurs only in certain situations? etc...

well for starters the errors occur regardless of what im doing i could be walking around a town either scavenging or doing a trader quest and the errors will show up. the errors are mostly related to some kind of spawning issue or map loading issue as they often slap in my face whenever they show up but those are the only two errors i encountered feel free to check it out and of course let us know what you find. despite the issues this mod and its addons are fantastic as they really improve the game in many ways. WOW u have 112 posts while i have 212 what a coincidence

Edited by AndrewT (see edit history)

On 10/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, AndrewT said:

well for starters the errors occur regardless of what im doing i could be walking around a town either scavenging or doing a trader quest and the errors will show up. the errors are mostly related to some kind of spawning issue or map loading issue as they often slap in my face whenever they show up but those are the only two errors i encountered feel free to check it out and of course let us know what you find. despite the issues this mod and its addons are fantastic as they really improve the game in many ways. WOW u have 112 posts while i have 212 what a coincidence

thanks for the additional details. unfortunately i'm unable to check out the errors or look for anything since i don't get the errors myself, so i have nothing to refer to. if you can copy/paste the errors here, or post a screenshot of it, i can start with that.

Hello all. I've been distracted lately just playing 7 days while anticipating the alpha 20 release. Partly playing vanilla single player on insane difficulty for kicks, and partly playing with enZombies for quality control. I'll have an update for the enZombies mod by the next week or two. 😎

ErrorNull I know most of the zombies are influenced by the vanilla zombies such as the custom business zombies but have you ever thought of modeling more original zombies such as zombie politicians or grocery store zombies? those are just two ideas im sure i'll come up with more but let me know what you think about the idea.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, AndrewT said:

ErrorNull I know most of the zombies are influenced by the vanilla zombies such as the custom business zombies but have you ever thought of modeling more original zombies such as zombie politicians or grocery store zombies? those are just two ideas im sure i'll come up with more but let me know what you think about the idea.

Hi @AndrewT - those would make nice additions to the enZombies. but since I'm using the UMA method, i'm limited to shirts, pants, hats, gloves, shoes, jackets, glasses, etc that are already in the game. so the politicians would simply use the existing suit jacket, shirt and tie, and pants already in the game - they'll just look like the existing enZombie businessmen. grocery store zombies will use existing shirts and pants. maybe they will have the farmer overalls? i think you get the idea. if you're thinking more like creating completely new zombie models and new clothing textures, then that's outside the ability of this mod and my skills unfortunately. there are a number of other modders who are 3D artists who've created great mods with custom zombie models. 😉

Here's a sneak peak of what I've been working on:

A19-5-2021-10-22-04-29-13.jpg

in following with the goals of apha 20, in which the wasteland biome should be tougher, i'm adding a couple more stronger zombies to that biome. i also felt like this biome should have more military presence, so i created 3 variations of swat zombies. they all hold stun batons and are stronger than normal soldiers.

i've also created a stealth-like zombie that's masked and hooded like a ninja. 😁 they are quiet, fast, and dual-wield knives. they will only spawn during the nights in the wasteland. i've also created a new 'body harvest' addon that allows harvesting of all zombies - vanillas, enzombies, KHz zombies, and snufkin zombies. the resources obtained are customized based on what clothing, armor, and/or weapons they have on them.

i'm debating on weather or not i should release what i've completed now, or keep adding more zombies and features and release this mod update after alpha 20 is out. what do you guys think?

9 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

in following with the goals of apha 20, in which the wasteland biome should be tougher, i'm adding a couple more stronger zombies to that biome. i also felt like this biome should have more military presence, so i created 3 variations of swat zombies. they all hold stun batons and are stronger than normal soldiers.

i've also created a stealth-like zombie that's masked and hooded like a ninja. 😁 they are quiet, fast, and dual-wield knives. they will only spawn during the nights in the wasteland. i've also created a new 'body harvest' addon that allows harvesting of all zombies - vanillas, enzombies, KHz zombies, and snufkin zombies. the resources obtained are customized based on what clothing, armor, and/or weapons they have on them.

i'm debating on weather or not i should release what i've completed now, or keep adding more zombies and features and release this mod update after alpha 20 is out. what do you guys think?

The first A20 dev stream confirmed the release date has been moved to passed halloween due to 127 bugs that were found as prime said but hopefully this final delay isn't too long like the previous ones it hasn't been so far. but while i recommend waiting for when A20 drops do what you choose.

11 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi Errornull

The new zombies of the wasteland look fantastic !!
If you already have the work finished, at least I would like you to share the new version of Enzombies, to kill the time until they release A20 and after this A20 exp or stable between us, continue with the great work you have done, but I leave to your judgment.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Version 2.0 Released!

(Updated download link on original post)

- added 3 SWAT zombies that spawn mainly in the wasteland and army POIs
- added 1 stealth zombie that spawns only in the wasteland at night
- added 3 more male zombies for snow biome (wearing hoody, puffer jacket, and coat)
- added 3 more female zombies for snow biome (wearing hoody, sweater, and coat)
- removed colored test zombies from spawning code
- updated names of KHZ Muzik UMA zombies within LOCALIZATION.TXT
* added new enZombieHarvest add-on that allows harvesting all enZombies for basic resources (refer to Add-Ons section)
* updated Snufkin Zombies Addon to allow body harvesting of all Snufkin zombies (refer to Add-Ons section)
* updated No Nudes Addon to v1.2 (refer to Add-Ons section)

More stronger zombies for the Wasteland: The SWAT zombies are similar to soldiers but a bit stronger and they attack you with stun batons. The stealth zombie is fast, quiet, and wields two knives! Watch out when traveling at night.

A19-5-2021-10-28-22-14-28.jpg

More zombies for more fun in the snow: three guys and 3 gals... all sporting their stylish winter coats, puffer jackets and hoodies.

A19.5_2021-10-28_22-29-12.jpg

To increase immersion, use the enZombie Harvest Add-on to allow harvesting zombie bodies for basic resources like cloth, rotten flesh, bones, etc. nothing extravagant. Zombies that carry weapons and/or armor will provide the resources equivalent to as if they were scrapped. The Snufkin Zombies Add-on has also been updated to allow zombie harvesting as well. The No Nudes Add-on has also been updated.

Lastly, I have removed those colored test zombies from the spawning code for now. For those of you who keep seeing these test zombies spawn, let me know if they still appear when using this latest update.

Since Alpha 20 will be combining the Burnt Forest and Wasteland biomes, I feel we have a good amount of zombies representing those biomes for now. At this point, I plan to add more zombies to the forest and desert biomes.

During these past few weeks of play testing, I found that there is not much incentive to travel to the more "difficult" biomes. Alpha 20 intends to make the desert, snow, and burnt-wasteland bioms progressively more difficult. But it seems the only incentive is better loot? However, anyone can just find a comfortable spot in the forest biome, build a base next to the trader, and just do quests there. As your level increases, so does your gamestage, and you will inevitably obtain higher tier loot without ever questing outside of the forest. I'm exploring some ideas to force players to work their way up through the desert, snow and burnt-wasteland biome. Maybe something like special 'tier 7' gear, ammo or consumables, that can only be crafted with new resources obtained only from desert/snow/wasteland zombies. Of course, any new items I plan to add will be server-side.

Anyway, let me know if this latest mod update breaks anything. Enjoy!

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

looks nice! only swat shoes looks strange😅 but rest of zombies looks rly good

Hi @Matt115 thanks for the feedback. yea the soldiers and swat zombies use the leather boots, which do look a bit bulky. do you think smaller boots or shoes would look better for them? i can experiment with those and compare. 👍

4 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi @Matt115 thanks for the feedback. yea the soldiers and swat zombies use the leather boots, which do look a bit bulky. do you think smaller boots or shoes would look better for them? i can experiment with those and compare. 👍

Yeah smaller boots could solve this problem :) well what do you planning to do next? :)

On 10/4/2021 at 5:39 AM, ErrorNull said:

thanks for the additional details. unfortunately i'm unable to check out the errors or look for anything since i don't get the errors myself, so i have nothing to refer to. if you can copy/paste the errors here, or post a screenshot of it, i can start with that.

@AndrewT thanks for letting me know. as i mentioned before, if you'd like me to fix something, i need to see the actual error.. screenshot or word for word.