while it is more fun, the compensation is not worth the risk for the more difficult biomes

ElCabong

I took a tier one dig quest in the blasted biome. I take those mainly for the seed recipes. I had just completed a 360° cut of the hole when all the sudden I found myself outside and above it. I looked down and I was standing on top of a bear. The bear couldn't find the way out of the hole but might have eventually dug out I suppose.  On the way out I had to fight a z, a dog, and a buzzard. it was more dangerous.

But the compensation for the dig quest was no different than any other. I think if I had recieved another recipe, two instead of one, that would have justified the risk.

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

I took a tier one dig quest in the blasted biome. I take those mainly for the seed recipes. I had just completed a 360° cut of the hole when all the sudden I found myself outside and above it. I looked down and I was standing on top of a bear. The bear couldn't find the way out of the hole but might have eventually dug out I suppose.  On the way out I had to fight a z, a dog, and a buzzard. it was more dangerous.

But the compensation for the dig quest was no different than any other. I think if I had recieved another recipe, two instead of one, that would have justified the risk.

Don't play seven 7 days till update 20. It's currently in the works of a better version and modified loot tables.

Instead of modifying the loot tables they just made everything harder, so we're in the in-between state of the game

2 hours ago, ElCabong said:

i dont take any quests in the wasteland as its not worth the headache

Just now, Roland said:

When did more fun stop being its own reward?

I was just going to ask that myself.  Reward doesn't always have to be "epic" loot.  The joy of surviving a more difficult encounter is enough to  satisfy going into a more difficult area

3 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

When did harder areas offering the same loot as easier areas become the norm for games.. it didn't, which is why the devs are fixing loot tables.

I was just poking some fun at the title of the thread. OP admits that the harder areas are more fun. That should make it worthwhile playing in those areas regardless of the loot. In fact, if the loot was worse but the game play way more fun then people would want to play there anyway, right?

I am aware that the loot tables will be changed and I'm not against it. I'd love more fun AND better loot. I'm no communist...

5 hours ago, Roland said:

I was just poking some fun at the title of the thread. OP admits that the harder areas are more fun. That should make it worthwhile playing in those areas regardless of the loot. In fact, if the loot was worse but the game play way more fun then people would want to play there anyway, right?

I am aware that the loot tables will be changed and I'm not against it. I'd love more fun AND better loot. I'm no communist...

McCarthy would say that knowing the c-word already makes you suspicious and denying it is almost a confession 😁

On 4/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, ElCabong said:

One question. Are you playing for fun? If yes than the harder (funnier) biomes are already worth it no matter the loot...

If it's not worth it for you than you're not playing for fun 😕