Vehicle Controls using a Gamepad now SUCKS!!

Outlaw_187

6 hours ago, onovbuton said:

has there been any feedback from one of the devs regarding the controller problems... or are we just been ignored... would love to know thanx

I don't know of any dev comments about it. But they usually don't comment on all the bugs or issues talked about here. Accusations of being ignored will also often fail to change anything 😉.

Did anyone make a proper bug report yet, I didn't see one ? If not, devs might get the impression that it can't be so important if no one made that effort.

Lastly, it has to be said again, this is an EA game, everyone who wants a polished exerience should wait for release.

I've tried all the ground vehicles out now. So far the motorcycle is the worst which makes sense since it's the fastest. 4X4 is a bit easier but you can still swerve sideways easily. The minibike is.....do people still build those things? It's probably the easiest next to the bicycle to handle now.

• 4 weeks later...

Made an account for this.  Bicycle sucks on 19.4 + gamepad

1) tiny thumbstick adjustment turns bike 360º and spins it out

2) camera lock on bike also sucks now and the mouse-click camera-lock doesn't stick as a preference

The bike's now a miserable, unplayable experience.

• 9 months later...

Just got my first vehicle in this game, the old rusty 4x4. While I was crawling along the ground in the vehicle I was overtaken by a speeding slug. I tried all the controls on the xbox controller on my pc. Nothing I could not accekerate at all even following the intructions and looking at the mapping withing the game.

I would have thought:

Left trigger accelerate

right trigger slow down

left stick to stear

The rest are sort of OK. I might even try mind control because swearing at it foes not work. At the moment it looks like I will be on foot

EDIT: When it does move forward it is moving in a jerky movement

EDIT 2: I have tried all controls, handbrake, brake, unlock and I can move faster with both my legs in splints. It is as though the rear  wheels are locked. I have tried lock and unlock. No go it is still not good.

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

im using a ps4 controller and have no issues controlling vehicles. maybe try disabling steam input if its not already and try another controller to rule that out. also for me right trigger gas, left trigger brake, left stick to steer. the way you are describing it sounds like its out of gas, have you put gas in the truck lol ( have to ask)

Edited by DEATH MECHANIC (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

I love how people talked about how bad the gamepad controls were.  As if the mouse and keyboard controls were any better.  Between 2-3 years after these complaints were made, the situation has no improved.  I love this game, don't get me wrong, I genuinely adore it, but it has it's problems.  A couple of which are the vehicle operations.  M&K steering with the camera angle is relatively ok, and I enjoy the ability to switch to steering with the keyboard so I can do something else with my mouse hand for a few seconds, but if you use any level of boost, turning becomes practically impossible.  Friction turns off it turns, and the ease with which you can completely lose control and spin out is beyond annoying.  Yes, I know it is somewhat accurate, you can't go into a turn at 70 mph and expect to make a clean turn, you have to slow down.  But when I have already slowed down, made the turn, and begin accelerating back into a straightaway, the THEN spin out??  Please TFP, please.  Do everyone a favor.  Stop making new content.  Put all that on hold, and fix what is not working.  Fix your graphics optimizations, fix vehicles, fix zombie glitches.  Get your baseline straight, then you have all the time in the world to make new stuff.  Please.

• Roland locked this topic
On 3/6/2024 at 10:13 AM, KuroiRyuuga said:

I love how people talked about how bad the gamepad controls were.  As if the mouse and keyboard controls were any better.  Between 2-3 years after these complaints were made, the situation has no improved.  I love this game, don't get me wrong, I genuinely adore it, but it has it's problems.  A couple of which are the vehicle operations.  M&K steering with the camera angle is relatively ok, and I enjoy the ability to switch to steering with the keyboard so I can do something else with my mouse hand for a few seconds, but if you use any level of boost, turning becomes practically impossible.  Friction turns off it turns, and the ease with which you can completely lose control and spin out is beyond annoying.  Yes, I know it is somewhat accurate, you can't go into a turn at 70 mph and expect to make a clean turn, you have to slow down.  But when I have already slowed down, made the turn, and begin accelerating back into a straightaway, the THEN spin out??  Please TFP, please.  Do everyone a favor.  Stop making new content.  Put all that on hold, and fix what is not working.  Fix your graphics optimizations, fix vehicles, fix zombie glitches.  Get your baseline straight, then you have all the time in the world to make new stuff.  Please.

Please do not necro old outdated threads. It is extremely confusing and disorienting to read through posts that people think are current only to find they are from years ago. If you have a problem with the controls then start a new thread and talk about it so that we can read your thoughts on the first page without having to read two pages of history. It doesn't matter whether you think it's the same problem from years ago, just start a new thread and share those thoughts instead of opening an ancient thread.