Vehicle Controls using a Gamepad now SUCKS!!

Outlaw_187

Whoever complained about the controls while in/on a vehicle needs kicked in the gonads!! 

I haven't tested all the vehicles but the motorcycle sucks asshair now. 

It seems too loose & just doesn't feel right steering. 

Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, I'll admit that, but I don't like it!

I do videos on Youtube and have had a few people complain about the new controls.

One of my main goals of my videos is to let people know that there are in fact people on PC that use controllers and this change is not well liked.

I personally do not like them, I rather enjoyed the 'use the camera angle to steer' system much more. Vehicles seem to lose control more easily and I've gotten used to it.

I would like at least an option to use the old method, though the idea of having to change the steering controls every time I reload the game if the new setting is the standard is a little off putting.

I hope the devs do consider changing it back or giving us the option, hopefully with a setting to set one or the other to default.

Yes!!! I signed up for a forum account just to yell about this exact topic. Everything else is fine, but now every time I softly breathe on my left thumbstick, my bike does a 540. Making my vehicle useless made this game useless and now I have to go play Valheim until this is fixed. :(

I am suffering from the new controls as well...unfortunately I now get nauseous when I ride the motorcycle :( I didn't have this problem on Tuesday night - played for hours. Last night I barely made it an hour and had to go lay down for feeling so sick. I hope they will allow us to adjust the controls or I won't be able to play no matter how much I want to. I'm using an xbox controller on pc as well.

ok, bring it on,i can take it. i like the controls.

except the gyro, i simply cant get that working. if i could i might actually use it.

ok wait. didnt see there was an update. 

i will retract my comment until i have a go on the new update....

I still haven't tested the other vehicles, I did a full wipe to start over. 

In doing so, I decided to make the game hard as F by turning down loot to 25%. The pimps ain't F'ing around, you literally get no loot!!

So needless to say, I don't even have a bicycle yet (or a forge, or a workbench) & I'm on day 7. Has anyone tested other vehicles? Are they a pain in the butt pad as well?

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

I also do not like the new vehicle control setup.  While there may be some that like it, I would recommend that an option be added to be able to switch between the new setup and the old.  For me, driving seems like such a chore now.

I gotta chime in on the new AWFUL gamepad controls for steering.  I actually just paused my game just to shoot over here and say something.  I've been playing for years now and I think this is one of the RARE times I've hated a change to mechanics.  I agree with what others are saying, if this is a permanent change then please give us the option to return to camera steering!  I need my HALO style camera steer mechanic!  Thanks and game on!

with 2520 hrs of gameplay in this game..... all of it with a game pad... i have to agree that the new update has destroyed the vehicle handling....  it may be ok for the keyboard mouse guys..but i can see that little testing was done for the rest of us....  fix this mess please

I finally tried the bicycle. It's not "as bad" as the motorcycle but it still sucks. 

Yes hopefully they change it back or at least just give us the option to....and don't even say "that can be modded". 

Honestly this is just a minor complaint, not game breaking or anything to me, just an annoyance.

The bike is manageable, you just have to learn to make the tiniest of adjustments.The motorcycle you have to make tiny adjustments and hope you don't go veering off 90° left or right. Haven't tried the minibike or the 4x4 yet, I'm still trying to find the parts. I suspect the 4x4 to be between a bike and a motorcycle somewhere now.