Loot x Okular Candy x Glasses

jmlsiqueira

Hi

Someone else noticed that after this last update the loot glasses +5 and okular candies have lost their purpose?

They just don't work

Even at the maximum level of loot, with the +5 loot glasses and an okular candy you open a chest and only crap comes.

I'm at level 67 of the game.

Thank's

João

I am finding many aspect of balancing were borked in A19.  I am only level 40 and even XP is hard to ear without building massive structures out of reinforced concrete.  This is the only time since A7 that I have had to force myself to keep playing.  I am only doing so to see if there are accidental skills that now have a gatekeeping effect that is bottle-necking the progression.  I just came to check and see if there was a bug with looting, but thanks to this thread realized that the loot bonuses were probably not scaled and I can edit the XLM to fix that easily.

1 hour ago, jmlsiqueira said:

Hi

Someone else noticed that after this last update the loot glasses +5 and okular candies have lost their purpose?

They just don't work

Even at the maximum level of loot, with the +5 loot glasses and an okular candy you open a chest and only crap comes.

I'm at level 67 of the game.

Thank's

João

Loot depends mostly on your gamestage. Lucky looter and loot glasses add specific percentages to that.

This means for example that if you die frequently that gamestage might be relatively low.

I you don't die your gamestage should be around 160, while lots of dieing will bring you down to 80. Obviously a bonus of 5% won't do much in that case.

If you are not dieing a lot and have a gamestage of 160 then your only choice if you don't like this is installing a mod.

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Loot depends mostly on your gamestage. Lucky looter and loot glasses add specific percentages to that.

This means for example that if you die frequently that gamestage might be relatively low.

I you don't die your gamestage should be around 160, while lots of dieing will bring you down to 80. Obviously a bonus of 5% won't do much in that case.

If you are not dieing a lot and have a gamestage of 160 then your only choice if you don't like this is installing a mod.

I took "level 67 of the game" to mean game stage 67. Hence, my rock delivery comment.

Yep, loot sucks in the early game))

Just tried playing with no crafting skills and it was quite tough to get passed  "Stone Age". Almost died first booed moon. But after I managed get past the rocks it is more less the same, and I still get plenty lvl6 crappy items. All default settings day 24 char lvl 45.

Crap is always a question of definition. For me it's about whether what I find is useful. I appreciate electrical and mechanical parts as much as a book I don't have yet. Low level weapons and tools are also useful because I can use them to craft better equipment.

The people complaining about crap loot seem to forget the fact that you can also craft things.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

Crap is always a question of definition. For me it's about whether what I find is useful. I appreciate electrical and mechanical parts as much as a book I don't have yet. Low level weapons and tools are also useful because I can use them to craft better equipment.

The people complaining about crap loot seem to forget the fact that you can also craft things.

Im actually the one that stands for craft first idea)) Getting things from loot is not my choice. Just made some play to see why there is so my hype about looting, never liked the idea of loot all you can, for me 7d2d is crafting/building game first of all, but now we are forbidden to craft lvl6 items so you have to go out there and abuse the containers))

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I agree with this general sentiment. But, since I can get more stone taking random swings at boulders as I walk by them than scrapping stone tools found in locked safes, I'm going to call a lot of early loot crap.

46 minutes ago, Sydious said:

Great way to make a game in EA.  sigh....

Go to some other EA game and see if there all your wishes will be fullfilled if you don't like something. I don't know where you got expectations of being  the center of development for this game.

What we have now is only the first iteration of the game stage based loot and future improvements are coming with A20. For example pipe guns for each attribute to act as easy to craft stone age guns to bridge the gap to actual real guns. Also on the topic of loot the devs indicated a desire to add loot bonuses to higher tier POIs and to tougher Biomes. Which will improve the impact your game stage has on the loot you find in these locations by adding a noticeable bonus to it. 

In other words in the future basic guns will be far easier to get and the risk vs reward ratio will be vastly improved.

Edit - Also note that part of the POI/Biome loot bonus will be making areas with said bonus far harder to do in order to discourage bee lining to them. Which may include adjustments to POIs to make them harder to cheese to drive home the risk vs reward aspect. 

Edit 2 - In addition they are also planning on adding Legendary items to the game for all item tiers and quality grades. For example a legendary gray pipe pistol that is better then a high grade normal pistol but can only have one mod and has no where near the ammo complicity. As well as countless other combos either on the same vain as the already existing Taza's Stone Axe like my example or even crazier ones. Which will have a rare chance to drop in normal loot or what ever other mechanic the devs decide on.

56 minutes ago, Danidas said:

What we have now is only the first iteration of the game stage based loot and future improvements are coming with A20. For example pipe guns for each attribute to act as easy to craft stone age guns to bridge the gap to actual real guns. Also on the topic of loot the devs indicated a desire to add loot bonuses to higher tier POIs and to tougher Biomes. Which will improve the impact your game stage has on the loot you find in these locations by adding a noticeable bonus to it. 

In other words in the future basic guns will be far easier to get and the risk vs reward ratio will be vastly improved.

Edit - Also note that part of the POI/Biome loot bonus will be making areas with said bonus far harder to do in order to discourage bee lining to them. Which may include adjustments to POIs to make them harder to cheese to drive home the risk vs reward aspect. 

Edit 2 - In addition they are also planning on adding Legendary items to the game for all item tiers and quality grades. For example a legendary gray pipe pistol that is better then a high grade normal pistol but can only have one mod and has no where near the ammo complicity. As well as countless other combos either on the same vain as the already existing Taza's Stone Axe like my example or even crazier ones. Which will have a rare chance to drop in normal loot or what ever other mechanic the devs decide on.

In other words, 7 Days to Fallout.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, Danidas said:

Edit 2 - In addition they are also planning on adding Legendary items to the game for all item tiers and quality grades. For example a legendary gray pipe pistol that is better then a high grade normal pistol but can only have one mod and has no where near the ammo complicity.

I thought the Q6 items were supposed to be the legendary items?

13 hours ago, th3s0n1c said:

I thought the Q6 items were supposed to be the legendary items?

That probably was one of the options they were thinking about when they were starting to design them, but Madmole has recently been saying more than once that it will work like Danidas described it

Archived