Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Update on a19.3 stable being released.

Pretty sure tfp planned this haha wait til I go on holidays and then release a19.3 stable lol.

As I am away til the 26th December I wont be able to release cp47 until my return.  As soon as I am home tho It will be the first thing I do. 

Merry xmas/happy holidays to you all hope you all safe holidays

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Pretty sure tfp planned this haha wait til I go on holidays and then release a19.3 stable lol.

As I am away til the 26th December I wont be able to release cp47 until my return.  As soon as I am home tho It will be the first thing I do. 

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

@Mosgoth hitting F1 and typing in "pois" should also fix the problem. What's happening is the distant POI model fails to unload, but the actual POI does load, causing both to render and "phantom blocks" as I've seen a lot of people here call them to appear.  There hasn't been a fix yet. However, by doing this, distant POIs will no longer render, so you'll have to physically get closer to see things like towns and everything. 

I think Compopack uses more memory and such because of the POIs being pretty big and some being really complex, and there's a lot more of them, so that's why when loading a world with Vanilla POIs it doesn't happen as often (but it still can). I think it has something to do with the game running out of virtual memory or just memory in general?

34 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

@Mosgoth hitting F1 and typing in "pois" should also fix the problem. What's happening is the distant POI model fails to unload, but the actual POI does load, causing both to render and "phantom blocks" as I've seen a lot of people here call them to appear.  There hasn't been a fix yet. However, by doing this, distant POIs will no longer render, so you'll have to physically get closer to see things like towns and everything. 

I think Compopack uses more memory and such because of the POIs being pretty big and some being really complex, and there's a lot more of them, so that's why when loading a world with Vanilla POIs it doesn't happen as often (but it still can). I think it has something to do with the game running out of virtual memory or just memory in general?

Exiting and re entering is a better solution to using the pois console method. In a game I get it once or twice then after exiting both times I can play for a long time before it can occur again. Hopefully tfp find a solution for this as it happens on vanilla pois as well in a vanilla game. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

19 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Stallionsden, thank you and wolfbain5 for the hard work, hoping for surprises CompoPack 47 will bring.
Regards

Hey all,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Question: I'm trying to make a Compopack map for my hosted server, but when I load a map into the world editor, I get a lot of POIs that are randomly on raised plots of land. Pictures of what I'm seeing are attached. Any idea how to fix that? I'm using the most recent compopack and I believe the most recent Nitrogen to generate the worlds. Thanks!

pic1.png

pic2.png

1 hour ago, HayaPrime89 said:

Hey all,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Question: I'm trying to make a Compopack map for my hosted server, but when I load a map into the world editor, I get a lot of POIs that are randomly on raised plots of land. Pictures of what I'm seeing are attached. Any idea how to fix that? I'm using the most recent compopack and I believe the most recent Nitrogen to generate the worlds. Thanks!

pic1.png

pic2.png

Same to you hope you have a great Xmas to.

I been thru all these for cp47 and all are level. Even in cp46 both Wolf and I been thru them and in game they come out level.  

You placing them by hand I gather in the world editor.

Are you taking into account the y offsets of prefabs.  Altho I will have to take a look when I back at these 2 they are only like 2 or 3 under ground level. 

If they occurred like that from a nitro generation there seems to be a bug where a poi will spawn bad. One side be level yet the other 3 will have cliffs. 

I will take another look at the levels when I am home in a few days. But it be a matter of going into prefab editor checking the x,y,z of the prefab then finding it in the prefablist of the cp46 and checking to see if the y offset is correct.

Another way would be to generate a few worlds and see the same pois and see ifnall are doing it of not the world you generated was borked.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

9 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Same to you hope you have a great Xmas to.

I been thru all these for cp47 and all are level. Even in cp46 both Wolf and I been thru them and in game they come out level.  

You placing them by hand I gather in the world editor.

Are you taking into account the y offsets of prefabs.  Altho I will have to take a look when I back at these 2 they are only like 2 or 3 under ground level. 

If they occurred like that from a nitro generation there seems to be a bug where a poi will spawn bad. One side be level yet the other 3 will have cliffs. 

I will take another look at the levels when I am home in a few days. But it be a matter of going into prefab editor checking the x,y,z of the prefab then finding it in the prefablist of the cp46 and checking to see if the y offset is correct.

Another way would be to generate a few worlds and see the same pois and see ifnall are doing it of not the world you generated was borked.

I should have said in the initial post: Huuuuuge kudos for doing all this work! I love the pack and can't wait to get it on my server.

As to your questions: I am not placing them by hand. I loaded up a Nitrogen generated world using Compopack prefabs. I've generated 4 of them and had these weird raised platforms in all of them. 

Hmm... I just checked it in the prefab editor and I think it looks good.

Do you think I might have just messed up the CP files somehow? Wondering if a fresh download and install of CP files would fix it, since no one else seems to be seeing the issue.

Edited by HayaPrime89 (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, HayaPrime89 said:

I should have said in the initial post: Huuuuuge kudos for doing all this work! I love the pack and can't wait to get it on my server.

As to your questions: I am not placing them by hand. I loaded up a Nitrogen generated world using Compopack prefabs. I've generated 4 of them and had these weird raised platforms in all of them. 

Hmm... I just checked it in the prefab editor and I think it looks good.

Do you think I might have just messed up the CP files somehow? Wondering if a fresh download and install of CP files would fix it, since no one else seems to be seeing the issue.

Yeh they definitely add to the game. 

Argh ok sorry for misunderstanding when you said world editor...

Yeh there is a bug in nitro since it hasn't been updated past a19 this occurring.  You could try fresh install of the cp fresh server wipe. Verify game integrity also..

Also are you using a old save this could also be the reason if you are playing on a old save.

7 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Yeh they definitely add to the game. 

Argh ok sorry for misunderstanding when you said world editor...

Yeh there is a bug in nitro since it hasn't been updated past a19 this occurring.  You could try fresh install of the cp fresh server wipe. Verify game integrity also..

Also are you using a old save this could also be the reason if you are playing on a old save.

Ahh, gotcha. I don't think I'm using an old save. I wonder, if Nitrogen is causing the problem, do I even need Nitrogen if all the prefabs are in my 7 Days folder already? Couldn't I just do a random world generation through the 7 Days client?

7 minutes ago, HayaPrime89 said:

Ahh, gotcha. I don't think I'm using an old save. I wonder, if Nitrogen is causing the problem, do I even need Nitrogen if all the prefabs are in my 7 Days folder already? Couldn't I just do a random world generation through the 7 Days client?

No lol need to add it to the rwgmixer every poi. Or you can use the modlet version of the cp . Throw it in the Mods folder and simply play. But a new world be needed. 

Just now, stallionsden said:

No lol need to add it to the rwgmixer every poi. Or you can use the modlet version of the cp . Throw it in the Mods folder and simply play. But a new world be needed. 

Well I'm trying to get a map made to put onto a hosted server. I'm preeeeeeeetty sure I'm using new worlds, as long as I'm understanding the lingo right. I made 3 fresh maps with Nitrogen last night and loaded them into the world editor, which is where I found the glitch each time.

14 minutes ago, HayaPrime89 said:

Well I'm trying to get a map made to put onto a hosted server. I'm preeeeeeeetty sure I'm using new worlds, as long as I'm understanding the lingo right. I made 3 fresh maps with Nitrogen last night and loaded them into the world editor, which is where I found the glitch each time.

New world - generate new map new name also.

But I have never used the world editor so can't really comment on that bit.

I would try re dl the cp and re doing the steps also verify game files to. Or use the modlet version drop into mods folder on both client and server and it will add the pois to the game.

But you miss out on the customisations and unique towns etc nitro offers

3 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Wishing a happy (safe) holidays to the CP team - you're doing God's Own Work!

Any rumors about the future status of Nitrogen... can anybody take over from Damocles?

/it's already getting pretty buggy, sadly

A20 will have many nitrogen like features i believe so the status of nitrogen atm is up in the air. Maybe some features that tfp haven't inc can be continued. Like the settlements nitrogen has.

And a merry xmas/happy holidays to you. 

23 hours ago, stallionsden said:

New world - generate new map new name also.

But I have never used the world editor so can't really comment on that bit.

I would try re dl the cp and re doing the steps also verify game files to. Or use the modlet version drop into mods folder on both client and server and it will add the pois to the game.

But you miss out on the customisations and unique towns etc nitro offers

Will do! And I'll let y'all know what happens. In the interim: if you don't want a certain prefab, do you just delete all the associated files for that prefab? Or will that cause any glitching?

Lastly, I was trying forever to figure out last night, but how do you remove smoke particles from a pre-fab? I love the rocket launch prefab, but don't much care for the smoke (I don't want new players to think it's about to explode and never explore it haha). But I can't figure out how to remove just the smoke.

Merry Christmas!!

5 hours ago, HayaPrime89 said:

Will do! And I'll let y'all know what happens. In the interim: if you don't want a certain prefab, do you just delete all the associated files for that prefab? Or will that cause any glitching?

Lastly, I was trying forever to figure out last night, but how do you remove smoke particles from a pre-fab? I love the rocket launch prefab, but don't much care for the smoke (I don't want new players to think it's about to explode and never explore it haha). But I can't figure out how to remove just the smoke.

Merry Christmas!!

Lol the rocket launch pad won't explode its like that to add a scare factor while they are inside lol... but if using nitro remove the associated prefab line from the prefablist.xml and prefab in prefab folder 

If modlet just comment out each line in rwgmixer by using <!-- before and --> after.

Or just delete the line and the empty line created. 

Merry xmas to you to

5 hours ago, HayaPrime89 said:

Merry Christmas!!

Lol the rocket launch pad won't explode its like that to add a scare factor while they are inside lol... but if using nitro remove the associated prefab line from the prefablist.xml and prefab in prefab folder 

If modlet just comment out each line in rwgmixer by using <!-- before and --> after.

Or just delete the line and the empty line created. 

Merry xmas to you to.

But if you want to remove the smoke  go into prefab editor and under the rocket remove the blocks that have smoke coming from em

10 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallions
I found another prefab that is shown above ground.

I don't know what prefab it is, I don't have the exact name but it could be Cave1.
Build a map from scratch with Nitrogen.
Regards

A19.3_2020-12-25_16-59-38.jpg

A19.3_2020-12-25_16-59-52.jpg

Hi Gouki

yeh the vanilla cave ones are not the best to be added by nitro.  but to be 100% certain may you in

- console type dm enter and close console)

- press f3

- fly into prefab area so the name of the poi shows and screenshot as you have done above please.

Thank you and merry xmas

4 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hi Gouki

yeh the vanilla cave ones are not the best to be added by nitro.  but to be 100% certain may you in

- console type dm enter and close console)

- press f3

- fly into prefab area so the name of the poi shows and screenshot as you have done above please.

Thank you and merry xmas

Yes, in a little while I check it and upload the information.
Thanks and merry Christmas to you too.
Regards

6 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Yes, in a little while I check it and upload the information.
Thanks and merry Christmas to you too.
Regards

Ok easy fix will just have to remove em if vanilla ones as no way to add via nitro without adding ground to each side or it will be sunken into the ground and look horribly wrong lol.

59 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Ok easy fix will just have to remove em if vanilla ones as no way to add via nitro without adding ground to each side or it will be sunken into the ground and look horribly wrong lol.

Hi Stallions

It is cave 05 of vanilla.

A19.3_2020-12-25_22-45-33.jpg