Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Hey all... kind of a bit stuck and maybe you can help.

Ive tried using the CompoPack46 on a hosted server. It was 19.1 experimental at the time. I followed instructions and used the Nitrogen path. Copied the resource files, copied the prefabs etc. I generated a 6k map and uploaded it to the server and started it up... and things were not right. There were huge terrain walls like the height map was all jacked up. I thought maybe it was something with the generated files so I redid them and reuploaded it and still issues. I decided to try it on my local system and took the same files and it runs and looks fine, no issues. For some reason it only has issues on the dedicated server. Ive even tried rolling back to stable 19 and that didnt help, nor did using the CP46000 provided map and files. I included a screenshot for reference. Really not sure what to do here and scratching my head.

I did open the 7DTD console control panel on the hosted server and when it starts up it throws errors that it cannot find certain prefabs, but I checked and the files do show there.

example: 2020-10-07T16:20:52 29.795 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_bridgesideapartmentsA16(by_Batman)'. Skipping itfiles.JPG.f440a5a0df737e834eaa4be486f23c19.JPG

bustedmap.thumb.JPG.a18c0395e944324a9e89da7eb9804ab4.JPG

2 minutes ago, spy_incognito said:

I did. Both server and client are currently stable 19. 

Wonder if the file encoding would be jacked since host is a Linux box and I'm windows. Maybe line ending are bleh.. I'll have to check.

sorry that I cant provide support in this area as I have no experience with dedicated server. but I do not believe it to be a CP problem as single player and coop servers are working fine.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, arramus said:

That is a truly superb decrease in processing demand. 3 months ago on a 12K map I was crashing on load out with 12gb+ RAM demand and I had to increase paging followed by get a couple more sticks of RAM. The extra RAM peaked at 14.5gb on load out until it settled down. This will open things up to a lot more low-medium end players. A fine accomplishment.

I'm just picking a random kudo to add my voice to. I came to this thread to ask about the 20GB (!) memory use of my 8x8 map and I'm super happy to see that the latest optimizations are bringing that under control. Great work! I'm off to regenerate a new world for my server...

Just something for the future.

xcostum_Villa (by Topminder) is looking superb but after being unable to initiate a fetch quest I took a peek in the editor. It didn't display any satchels or a rally marker although the game could at least set up the rally marker at ground level as it sometimes does.

Almost a week with over 60 quests and also getting feedback from other server buddies and this is the only one we've been stumped on.

21 minutes ago, arramus said:

Just something for the future.

xcostum_Villa (by Topminder) is looking superb but after being unable to initiate a fetch quest I took a peek in the editor. It didn't display any satchels or a rally marker although the game could at least set up the rally marker at ground level as it sometimes does.

Almost a week with over 60 quests and also getting feedback from other server buddies and this is the only one we've been stumped on.

Hey arramus

Will take a look at the prefab and fix it for next release. 

10 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

There was an amazing Mall in this Pack.. not sure the name, but it had all kinds of stores in it.  I generated a bunch of maps and haven't seen it, has it been removed?

No we just hid it on you lol 😛 .

The DOD mall is there as with another one as well both spawn.
any console errors on your side

26 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Alright good to know its there, ill look for console errors after i get home from the strip club :)

I didn't know you were a stripper...

Say does anyone know how to get Nitrogen to be more balanced when selecting POIs? I often get 8 of one POI and completely none of some others. I'd like to see everything get included once before it starts duplicating POIs. Is that even possible?

1 hour ago, Vanish said:

I didn't know you were a stripper...

Say does anyone know how to get Nitrogen to be more balanced when selecting POIs? I often get 8 of one POI and completely none of some others. I'd like to see everything get included once before it starts duplicating POIs. Is that even possible?

That would be a nitrogen thread question. 

I used the POI Teleporter to look up the names of some POIs that I'm familiar with and some aren't there. Some are there several times. I can't think of an easier or quicker way to check. Maybe that isn't as foolproof as I think it is.

43 minutes ago, Vanish said:

I used the POI Teleporter to look up the names of some POIs that I'm familiar with and some aren't there. Some are there several times. I can't think of an easier or quicker way to check. Maybe that isn't as foolproof as I think it is.

Check your prefabs.txt in your saved game folder. Or generated world folder (always forget which lol. One of em)

Which ones dont you see.

There are a few we had removed for cp46 to fix.  Most were mine tho lol. 

ON the current map I don't have the Saloon. I generated 10 maps and it was on about half of them. There's a bunker that I either get 4 of or none of.

I'll check the prefabs.txt file. Good idea. Before I forget again, thank you for all the hard work all of you have put in to this. My players and I love it! Has refreshed the game for us.

13 minutes ago, Vanish said:

ON the current map I don't have the Saloon. I generated 10 maps and it was on about half of them. There's a bunker that I either get 4 of or none of.

I'll check the prefabs.txt file. Good idea. Before I forget again, thank you for all the hard work all of you have put in to this. My players and I love it! Has refreshed the game for us.

glad to hear 🙂

23 hours ago, Vanish said:

On the current map I don't have the Saloon.

I figured out why the saloon is never populating in my maps. In the Compo Pack prefablist for Nitrogen, the Saloon entry is on the line with the Old West POIs commnent, so it is effectively commented out. I added a line return before it and BAM it's on my maps again. Heh. Just thought you should know.

1 hour ago, Vanish said:

I figured out why the saloon is never populating in my maps. In the Compo Pack prefablist for Nitrogen, the Saloon entry is on the line with the Old West POIs commnent, so it is effectively commented out. I added a line return before it and BAM it's on my maps again. Heh. Just thought you should know.

Hmmm so it is a old West poi. So it does belong in the old west. Did you not choose old West pois or

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hmmm so it is a old West poi. So it does belong in the old west. Did you not choose old West pois or

The problem is it's commented out and shouldn't be. It looks like this in the prefablist file for Nitrogen:

//OLDWEST-POI'S: xcostum_deaddog_saloon(by_Libby),COMMERCIAL;  etc...

It should be on it's own line. I think it was a mistake in the file.

42 minutes ago, Vanish said:

The problem is it's commented out and shouldn't be. It looks like this in the prefablist file for Nitrogen:

//OLDWEST-POI'S: xcostum_deaddog_saloon(by_Libby),COMMERCIAL;  etc...

It should be on it's own line. I think it was a mistake in the file.

Will have to look

it should be on its own line, odd that yours isnt when mine is. since mine was the one in the released package. Sorry about the ocd option being default on load, I forgot to reset that?

But yes, //old west and the saloon shouldnt be on the same line

also, if you dont allow customized towns to spawn, you may not get it.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)