Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

2 hours ago, zztong said:

For my education, what is the effect of both settings?

ShowQuestClearCount is how many groups of zombies need to be remaining on a clear quest before the yellow dots appear on your compass showing you the locations of the groups you missed.

When its set to zero, you'll never get the yellow dots on a clear quest.

I love this mod but at the same time I have been very disappointed.

The new buildings seem to me to be incredibly well made, even much better than the current ones in the official game, it shows that the people who created them have made an effort, but...

God, quests in these buildings are like a pain in the ass. The official buildings (vanilla) are created in such a way that you don't need to break any blocks to complete the quest, and that seems incredible to me, because otherwise, you would spend an immense amount of time to find where the zombies or the package are, which is what happened to me with a custom building of this mod. Most (or all) of the buildings in this mod can NOT be completed without breaking doors and / or blocks. I just did a simple Tier 3 mission to clean up zombies and it took me a whole day just because the building didn't tell me where to go and everything was closed. Closed doors, places closed with wood, etc. I had to break a lot of blocks and doors to find the zombies.

Just the buildings themselves are incredibly elaborate, but every time there is a quest in those buildings I will have to reject it, because it isn't that it's difficult, it's that it takes a long time because there is no "established path".

I don't know if there is any way to solve this, but if there is I would love to know, I have fallen in love with the buildings in this mod and when I saw that there were also quests in these buildings I was very excited, until I saw this problem...

1 hour ago, TheBus4K said:

I love this mod but at the same time I have been very disappointed.

The new buildings seem to me to be incredibly well made, even much better than the current ones in the official game, it shows that the people who created them have made an effort, but...

God, quests in these buildings are like a pain in the ass. The official buildings (vanilla) are created in such a way that you don't need to break any blocks to complete the quest, and that seems incredible to me, because otherwise, you would spend an immense amount of time to find where the zombies or the package are, which is what happened to me with a custom building of this mod. Most (or all) of the buildings in this mod can NOT be completed without breaking doors and / or blocks. I just did a simple Tier 3 mission to clean up zombies and it took me a whole day just because the building didn't tell me where to go and everything was closed. Closed doors, places closed with wood, etc. I had to break a lot of blocks and doors to find the zombies.

Just the buildings themselves are incredibly elaborate, but every time there is a quest in those buildings I will have to reject it, because it isn't that it's difficult, it's that it takes a long time because there is no "established path".

I don't know if there is any way to solve this, but if there is I would love to know, I have fallen in love with the buildings in this mod and when I saw that there were also quests in these buildings I was very excited, until I saw this problem...

Hi @TheBus4K

Doors in vanilla are locked also. 

The compopack is bigger challenge then vanilla. Some loot is well hidden. Doors locked as long as the door is of equal to the tier. The zombies and traps are more then vanilla and the level of difficulty is higher to.

If you feel a poi is wrong welcome to supply a name of the poi and I will happily take a look. But the compopack has a higher rule set then vanilla as well. 

In regards to finding last volume these will be fixed in next release.

To get name of poi

- DM in console then escape

- then press f3

- a set of boxes will appear on the left of h.u.d

- the fly upto poi and name will appear tho sometimes you may have to fly around a bit to get name.  

Then simply supply and I will take a look 

Regards

Stallionsden

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @TheBus4K

Doors in vanilla are locked also. 

The compopack is bigger challenge then vanilla. Some loot is well hidden. Doors locked as long as the door is of equal to the tier. The zombies and traps are more then vanilla and the level of difficulty is higher to.

If you feel a poi is wrong welcome to supply a name of the poi and I will happily take a look. But the compopack has a higher rule set then vanilla as well. 

In regards to finding last volume these will be fixed in next release.

To get name of poi

- DM in console then escape

- then press f3

- a set of boxes will appear on the left of h.u.d

- the fly upto poi and name will appear tho sometimes you may have to fly around a bit to get name.  

Then simply supply and I will take a look 

Regards

Stallionsden

I'm talking about the POIs that can have quests, not random POIs. I don't remember, at least in the previous alpha and in this alpha, a quest in a POI without an "established path", that is, that you can complete the quest without breaking blocks / doors.

Be careful, I'm talking about completing the quest. Although these POIs that I am talking about have an "established path" for the quest, there are areas with closed doors that you have to break if you want the loot inside, but inside there they will never spawn zombies or the package, so it's not necessary to access those areas to complete the quest.

The custom POI that I have complained about in my previous comment is this: xcostum_Apartament_Stores(by_Laz_Man)

That POI are several buildings which when you access wake up all the zombies (and I don't have armor that increases noise), plus you have to go floor by floor, breaking doors, windows, etc. And that with each building, and there are about 3 or 4 buildings. It seems completely illogical to me considering this is a Tier 3 quest.

By the way, thanks for answering me so quickly!

32 minutes ago, TheBus4K said:

I'm talking about the POIs that can have quests, not random POIs. I don't remember, at least in the previous alpha and in this alpha, a quest in a POI without an "established path", that is, that you can complete the quest without breaking blocks / doors.

Be careful, I'm talking about completing the quest. Although these POIs that I am talking about have an "established path" for the quest, there are areas with closed doors that you have to break if you want the loot inside, but inside there they will never spawn zombies or the package, so it's not necessary to access those areas to complete the quest.

The custom POI that I have complained about in my previous comment is this: xcostum_Apartament_Stores(by_Laz_Man)

That POI are several buildings which when you access wake up all the zombies (and I don't have armor that increases noise), plus you have to go floor by floor, breaking doors, windows, etc. And that with each building, and there are about 3 or 4 buildings. It seems completely illogical to me considering this is a Tier 3 quest.

By the way, thanks for answering me so quickly!

No worries. I will take a look.

Toilet doors should be unlocked if no one is inside (logical the door to be locked if someone inside) or there is loot Inside the toilet room.

A poi does not have to have a path tho while questing and not all pois are dungeon style.  I mean many once they been thru a vanilla poi dungeon quest and know where the loot is will line straight to it most times.

But many questabe pois also are designed for you to actually search the whole house for loot and some don't exactly have a "loot room" at the end as the loot is hidden thru out.

But feel happy to report any pois you feel is a issue and I will take a look 🙂 .

Regards

Stallionsden 

6 hours ago, stallionsden said:

No worries. I will take a look.

Toilet doors should be unlocked if no one is inside (logical the door to be locked if someone inside) or there is loot Inside the toilet room.

A poi does not have to have a path tho while questing and not all pois are dungeon style.  I mean many once they been thru a vanilla poi dungeon quest and know where the loot is will line straight to it most times.

But many questabe pois also are designed for you to actually search the whole house for loot and some don't exactly have a "loot room" at the end as the loot is hidden thru out.

But feel happy to report any pois you feel is a issue and I will take a look 🙂 .

Regards

Stallionsden 

I have noticed something else. In the quests to kill zombies in a vanilla POI, when there are a few zombies left, a mark appears on the screen (a small yellow circle) indicating the area where they are, but I have seen that the custom POI doesn't happen that. I was looking for a couple of hours for the zombies that I had to kill and in the end there were only 2 that were well hidden.

Is it a bug? If not, can it be modified in any way?

Edited by TheBus4K (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, TheBus4K said:

I have noticed something else. In the quests to kill zombies in a vanilla POI, when there are a few zombies left, a mark appears on the screen (a small yellow circle) indicating the area where they are, but I have seen that the custom POI doesn't happen that. I was looking for a couple of hours for the zombies that I had to kill and in the end there were only 2 that were well hidden.

Is it a bug? If not, can it be modified in any way?

See 

and here

4 minutes ago, Kalen said:

See 

and here

So I don't have to do anything, as from what I see in the first comment you showed me, it's an error that ShowQuestClearCount is set to 0 in most POIs and they should all be 1.

I just have to wait for an update. Thank you very much for your quick response!

2 hours ago, TheBus4K said:

So I don't have to do anything, as from what I see in the first comment you showed me, it's an error that ShowQuestClearCount is set to 0 in most POIs and they should all be 1.

I just have to wait for an update. Thank you very much for your quick response!

No problem.... and you're correct it will be addressed in the next update.   I went through on my own and updated the tier 5 POIs.   Most of them I set the ShowQuestClearCount to 3 since some of those POIs have several groups of zombies that are a pain in the neck to find.

40 minutes ago, Kalen said:

No problem.... and you're correct it will be addressed in the next update.   I went through on my own and updated the tier 5 POIs.   Most of them I set the ShowQuestClearCount to 3 since some of those POIs have several groups of zombies that are a pain in the neck to find.

T1 and t2 will have a 1

T3 and t4 will have a 2

T5s will have a 3.

9 hours ago, Kalen said:

If I can manually change the Tier 5 and / or 4 POIs myself, perfect, but how do I do it?
I imagine that I have to enter inside the .xml file of each xcostum POI, but how do I know if it's a POI of a Tier 5/4 quest?

19 minutes ago, TheBus4K said:

If I can manually change the Tier 5 and / or 4 POIs myself, perfect, but how do I do it?
I imagine that I have to enter inside the .xml file of each xcostum POI, but how do I know if it's a POI of a Tier 5/4 quest?

The difficulty setting.

I'm using KingGen with mostly default settings as far as the biomes and city/towns sizes. I'm assuming with the large number of prefabs in the compo pack, a larger map should be generated. Is 8k ok or should it be bigger?

4 hours ago, DJQuad said:

I'm using KingGen with mostly default settings as far as the biomes and city/towns sizes. I'm assuming with the large number of prefabs in the compo pack, a larger map should be generated. Is 8k ok or should it be bigger?

8k should be ok give a better chance of more spawning. 

WinRAR is telling me that the "A19.4 CP47 KingGen.rar" file linked in the first post is "either in unknown format or damaged".

I didn't have this problem with the file for NitroGen (A19.3 CP 47 Nitrogen.rar), but as a test I downloaded it again and the new download gives the same error as the above file.

Edit: Fixed. It was a Github issue.

Edited by GlassDeviant (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, GlassDeviant said:

WinRAR is telling me that the "A19.4 CP47 KingGen.rar" file linked in the first post is "either in unknown format or damaged".

I didn't have this problem with the file for NitroGen (A19.3 CP 47 Nitrogen.rar), but as a test I downloaded it again and the new download gives the same error as the above file.

Edit: Fixed. It was a Github issue.

Glad you fixed it.

Most have found winrar to be the issue and when they use another unzipper it works fine.

Anyway glad it working for you

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Glad you fixed it.

Most have found winrar to be the issue and when they use another unzipper it works fine.

Anyway glad it working for you

Well, I expect WinRAR to uncompress RAR files, but maybe I am weird that way. :) Usually when there is a problem, it is because the file was created in Linux or using 7z. Making RAR files with 7z is a bad idea in general, and I find that files made with the Linux version of WinRAR uncompress fine on Linux but occasionally have problems on Windows, but as usual YMMV.

The actual problem I had was the way Github presents file downloads, there are two ways to access them and one of them gives you a damaged file. I tested this with some other projects and got the same results. Github really needs to Git their @%$# together, or just provide the one DL link to make their site proof against idiots like me. 🤪

59 minutes ago, GlassDeviant said:

Well, I expect WinRAR to uncompress RAR files, but maybe I am weird that way. :) Usually when there is a problem, it is because the file was created in Linux or using 7z. Making RAR files with 7z is a bad idea in general, and I find that files made with the Linux version of WinRAR uncompress fine on Linux but occasionally have problems on Windows, but as usual YMMV.

The actual problem I had was the way Github presents file downloads, there are two ways to access them and one of them gives you a damaged file. I tested this with some other projects and got the same results. Github really needs to Git their @%$# together, or just provide the one DL link to make their site proof against idiots like me. 🤪

Yeh agree they need to fix that also allow single dl of individual mods. Tho there is a browser extension that allows this most dont know it. 

1 minute ago, stallionsden said:

there is a browser extension that allows this most dont know it

I certainly didn't. Is there a particular one that is from Github itself? I searched and found...a lot of Github browser extensions, and I generally don't ever install browser extensions, for security reasons. I am guessing ovity/octotree is the best since it has by far the most "stargazers".

On 6/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, stallionsden said:

8k should be ok give a better chance of more spawning. 

Is there a way to sort of compare the list of POIs in Compo Pack to the list of POIs that were generated to make sure?

30 minutes ago, DJQuad said:

Is there a way to sort of compare the list of POIs in Compo Pack to the list of POIs that were generated to make sure?

Open up the list and open up the prefabs.xml that generated in the kinggen map folder is pretty much it. Some program may be helpful unsure tho if that is available tho or even a thing