Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Are there plans to release a new version of CompoPack with new POIs in the near future, or are you just working on bug fixes and KingGen stuff?  I do love me finding some new POIs to explore, but I'm too damned lazy to add them to maps individually :)

24 minutes ago, Alan Lau said:

Are there plans to release a new version of CompoPack with new POIs in the near future, or are you just working on bug fixes and KingGen stuff?  I do love me finding some new POIs to explore, but I'm too damned lazy to add them to maps individually :)

Hi @Alan Lau

Yes new pois get added every new **.0 release of the game. We like for people to enjoy long play thrus and the inbetween major alpha releases any bug fixing, breaks,. 

Thru this time tho the great prefabbing community continue to amaze and supply us with new pois continuously which make it in the next cp release .

The next cp (48) will be out when a20  goes stable.  Plenty of great new pois coming that we have received  since our last release and I am sure more will follow on the future as well.

Mr RNG Guy thought it was funny to put a certain stone tower and a certain clock tower right next to one another. I'd never bothered with either. They were so pretty!...so harmless looking! Sort of....small even...

I have not seen so much friggan lime-green since the 70s.

/salute

-Morloc

On 5/5/2021 at 9:20 AM, Morloc said:

Mr RNG Guy thought it was funny to put a certain stone tower and a certain clock tower right next to one another. I'd never bothered with either. They were so pretty!...so harmless looking! Sort of....small even...

I have not seen so much friggan lime-green since the 70s.

/salute

-Morloc

The medievil ones I am presuming. 

They been there a while lol. Pretty angry fellas

If you wind up with a quest at the stone tower, you have to kite in a tighter circle and need to be careful you don't run straight into the pack you were running from.

There's also that crazy shopping mall....the one you 

Spoiler

have to fight 3 armies of darkness just to get through the parking lot. :)

I hope TFP considers requesting most or all of these POIs for their final product.

There are a few of the high-end, really large POIs which still cause the graphical glitches for me (non-clipping polished stone blocks appearing over different areas). I have a beast of a PC & card these days, but I still get that stuff for places like the airport, the mall and sometimes the smaller airport (around the helicopters).

Awesome work all!

-Morloc

3 hours ago, Morloc said:

If you wind up with a quest at the stone tower, you have to kite in a tighter circle and need to be careful you don't run straight into the pack you were running from.

There's also that crazy shopping mall....the one you 

Hide contents

have to fight 3 armies of darkness just to get through the parking lot. :)

I hope TFP considers requesting most or all of these POIs for their final product.

There are a few of the high-end, really large POIs which still cause the graphical glitches for me (non-clipping polished stone blocks appearing over different areas). I have a beast of a PC & card these days, but I still get that stuff for places like the airport, the mall and sometimes the smaller airport (around the helicopters).

Awesome work all!

-Morloc

Yeh the texture bug. Turning the reflections options in your video options to off helps alot.  Unfort it is a vanilla bug tho to. 

Apart from the texture bug glad you are enjoying the compopack.

10 minutes ago, PyroDrew said:

I would like to use the combo-pack, except by making every new prefab a "unique".  A combo-pack-lite... so the traditional buildings are more common.  Is there an easy way to explain to do this?

Hi @PyroDrew

Yes you can add ;unique to every prefab line in the a19.3cp47prefablist.txt for the cp if using nitrogen.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, stallionsden said:

- xcostum_house_old_tudor_06(by_Pille)

this POI is considered level 5, this is the first bug.

the second bug is that it cannot be done. I destroyed it completely and did not find the last enemy. orange dot is not displayed

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

7 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Unfortunately I don't believe so. Since it is a random choice by the trader.

Some of the quests come up too frequently, and others never at all. Is there an .xml (etc.) to edit that defines which quests/POIs are available for a trader?

2 hours ago, Morloc said:

Some of the quests come up too frequently, and others never at all. Is there an .xml (etc.) to edit that defines which quests/POIs are available for a trader?

There is a quest.xml and trader.xml however I haven't looked for quests specifically.  Will take a look in the morning. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Hey all, been gone a while but started a new game a couple weeks ago using a Nitrogen + Combopack 47 and I'm having a bit o difficulty.

Still running a very old GPU (missed out buying a 1650 Super :( ) and there's one POI that's simply killing my frame rates;
xcostum_Sky-Twintowers(by_TopMinder) image.jpeg.79ce78ae38da73d04a55ea1c5f7c7290.jpeg

Is there any way to remove or replace it _without_ starting over? (I'd remove it from the prefablist_CompoPack_47.txt prior to gen'ing a new world)

prefabs.xml shows there are 12 in the world, and I've run across 4 of them so far. Used the Admin MP5 to destroy 1, but dropping that @%$# took a looooong time, so hoping there's another way..?

a) was considering copying over it's files with another POIs. Use same names, just spoof in a small house or something.

b) or maybe removing lines with it from the ..\Worlds\abc\prefabs.xml file. Doubt that would work alone? But might for the un-discovered ones?

Fwiw the POI is very cool, and just guessing here but maybe all the glass or the shiny tile texture is the culprit, more than the shear size? I say that as there is a very distinct difference between this one poi and any other skyscraper. And weirdly, even if my pov is far enough away that I can't really even see it (hundreds of meters), it still kills frames scanning in it's direction.

Any advice appreciated, and happy Friday! :)

8 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

Hey all, been gone a while but started a new game a couple weeks ago using a Nitrogen + Combopack 47 and I'm having a bit o difficulty.

Still running a very old GPU (missed out buying a 1650 Super :( ) and there's one POI that's simply killing my frame rates;
xcostum_Sky-Twintowers(by_TopMinder) image.jpeg.79ce78ae38da73d04a55ea1c5f7c7290.jpeg

Is there any way to remove or replace it _without_ starting over? (I'd remove it from the prefablist_CompoPack_47.txt prior to gen'ing a new world)

prefabs.xml shows there are 12 in the world, and I've run across 4 of them so far. Used the Admin MP5 to destroy 1, but dropping that @%$# took a looooong time, so hoping there's another way..?

a) was considering copying over it's files with another POIs. Use same names, just spoof in a small house or something.

b) or maybe removing lines with it from the ..\Worlds\abc\prefabs.xml file. Doubt that would work alone? But might for the un-discovered ones?

Fwiw the POI is very cool, and just guessing here but maybe all the glass or the shiny tile texture is the culprit, more than the shear size? I say that as there is a very distinct difference between this one poi and any other skyscraper. And weirdly, even if my pov is far enough away that I can't really even see it (hundreds of meters), it still kills frames scanning in it's direction.

Any advice appreciated, and happy Friday! :)

Could try the world editor. Load your save file and go thru the world and remove them. 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:28 PM, Morloc said:

there isnt anything in those 2 xmls. However apart from the teir level of the pois it also depends on the pois that spawn within the area of the trader that dictates what quests you get. the more variety that spawns of different types of tiered pois the trader has the option to give according to the level you are at. 

I'd like to report two issues I had with the medieval village.  First, let me mention that discovering it in-game, having not read the change log, was a treat.  Anyway...

First issue:  The torches lighting the village must be the player torch block instead of the POI torch block, because that place is screamer city.

Second issue:  There is a small tower POI (might be "xcostum_Tower(by_VitaminE)") I had to visit for a quest that turned out to be a damned clown car.  I cleared the outdoor sleepers quietly, but was noisy when entering the building.  I think every zombie that ever existed in the history of zombies popped out the door.

----

Speaking of clown cars, there's another POI with that problem.  I think it's "xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden)".  Between the parking lots and pool, on either side, are underground clown cars.  When you trigger their sleeper volumes, you get vast hordes of zombies crawling up from ladders below.  I think my max zombie count is the default 64 or whatever, and I think the zombie count exceeds that.  After clearing a wave, more seem to spawn there.

----

Though not a densely-packed clown car situation, there's another too-many-zombies issue.  I don't recall having problems with the HN Mall in Compo Pack 46 (should be either "xcostum_Mall_Large_Volume(by_hernanxx)" or "xcostum_Mall(by_hernanxx)").  Now, when I enter the parking lot, zombies spawn across the vast parking lot and march directly toward me (there must be an ambush trigger?).  The two problems I see there:  (a) I've hit the spawn limit upon entering the parking lot.  Though I probably spawned a few sleepers beforehand while passing other POIs, that parking lot spawns zombies very far away (maybe 200 meters or more?).  (b) The parking lot seems to have a massive ambush trigger, causing very distant zombies to slowly march toward you from what feels like half a mile away.  I think the spawns in the lot surrounding the HN Mall should be split into multiple zones instead of one massive sleeper volume or whatever.

----

While I'm citing problems, "xcostum_Industry_02Destroyed(by_Zyncosa)" (I think it was that one) needs some work.  Several design choices stood out to me:  (a) I recall two concrete-encased bunkers with locked, fully reinforced vault doors.  Those are a pain in the ass to deal with for a Tier 2 Clear quest.  (b) There's a section of tunnel with no entrance.  There isn't any indicator that it exists (e.g. destroyed stone to indicate a collapse).  The walls are pristine stone and ore.  I only discovered it because I woke a sleeper inside it.  So I had to tunnel through solid rock to reach him and finish my Clear objective.  (c) I discovered three sealed crates hidden in solid rock above the lower bunker.  There's no in-universe reason for them to be there.  There's no reason to expect any player to find them.  I only found them because, after finishing the quest, I flew around in no-collision mode looking for bull@%$#.

----

Those are the specific issues I can think of right now.  Plenty of Compo Pack POIs have the "every door is locked, and most of them are metal" problem.  Some have the same "load-bearing potted plants and/or garbage piles" issue as some vanilla POIs.  Nothing remarkable.  Overall, I love the increased variety of POIs and some in particular;  I'm looking at you, "xcostum_ModernArtGallery(by_Pille_TopMinder)".

1 hour ago, Anxiety123 said:

I'd like to report two issues I had with the medieval village.  First, let me mention that discovering it in-game, having not read the change log, was a treat.  Anyway...

First issue:  The torches lighting the village must be the player torch block instead of the POI torch block, because that place is screamer city.

Second issue:  There is a small tower POI (might be "xcostum_Tower(by_VitaminE)") I had to visit for a quest that turned out to be a damned clown car.  I cleared the outdoor sleepers quietly, but was noisy when entering the building.  I think every zombie that ever existed in the history of zombies popped out the door.

----

Speaking of clown cars, there's another POI with that problem.  I think it's "xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden)".  Between the parking lots and pool, on either side, are underground clown cars.  When you trigger their sleeper volumes, you get vast hordes of zombies crawling up from ladders below.  I think my max zombie count is the default 64 or whatever, and I think the zombie count exceeds that.  After clearing a wave, more seem to spawn there.

----

Though not a densely-packed clown car situation, there's another too-many-zombies issue.  I don't recall having problems with the HN Mall in Compo Pack 46 (should be either "xcostum_Mall_Large_Volume(by_hernanxx)" or "xcostum_Mall(by_hernanxx)").  Now, when I enter the parking lot, zombies spawn across the vast parking lot and march directly toward me (there must be an ambush trigger?).  The two problems I see there:  (a) I've hit the spawn limit upon entering the parking lot.  Though I probably spawned a few sleepers beforehand while passing other POIs, that parking lot spawns zombies very far away (maybe 200 meters or more?).  (b) The parking lot seems to have a massive ambush trigger, causing very distant zombies to slowly march toward you from what feels like half a mile away.  I think the spawns in the lot surrounding the HN Mall should be split into multiple zones instead of one massive sleeper volume or whatever.

----

While I'm citing problems, "xcostum_Industry_02Destroyed(by_Zyncosa)" (I think it was that one) needs some work.  Several design choices stood out to me:  (a) I recall two concrete-encased bunkers with locked, fully reinforced vault doors.  Those are a pain in the ass to deal with for a Tier 2 Clear quest.  (b) There's a section of tunnel with no entrance.  There isn't any indicator that it exists (e.g. destroyed stone to indicate a collapse).  The walls are pristine stone and ore.  I only discovered it because I woke a sleeper inside it.  So I had to tunnel through solid rock to reach him and finish my Clear objective.  (c) I discovered three sealed crates hidden in solid rock above the lower bunker.  There's no in-universe reason for them to be there.  There's no reason to expect any player to find them.  I only found them because, after finishing the quest, I flew around in no-collision mode looking for bull@%$#.

----

Those are the specific issues I can think of right now.  Plenty of Compo Pack POIs have the "every door is locked, and most of them are metal" problem.  Some have the same "load-bearing potted plants and/or garbage piles" issue as some vanilla POIs.  Nothing remarkable.  Overall, I love the increased variety of POIs and some in particular;  I'm looking at you, "xcostum_ModernArtGallery(by_Pille_TopMinder)".

Hi anxiety

1. Will take a look at the medievil Village torches used.

2. The tower is a t4 or t5 so yes packed with zs

3. Peercafe is a big poi it has large volumes and zs will respawn til the volume has been reached. As with other pois.

4. Hnmall large volume should give a clue it has large volumes and is intended. It has a few volumes not just 1 in the car park areas. 

5. Will take a look at the bunker doors and level it is etc.  As for where a creator places the loot is not for us to decide or whether it is logical or why is it there. Creator designed it like that. Many players have missed hidden loot others find them easily cause they search every inch of the poi and hit walls to see fake walls etc.

6. Quest pathing has been done. If a t3 metal doors can be locked. Tier 2s in certain situations. T1s should be mostly unlocked or wooden doors only. 

Thank you for the feedback tho will check the few things out. As for volume size tho you will get 64 spawn at a time so of a volume has 150 zs in it the zs will respawn 2.5 times. 

Regards

Stallionsden