"Amazing" (@%$*#!y) rewards for T5 quests.

Biscoitoso

I have completed around 30 T5 quests, hospitals, Higashi, Dishong Tower, Crack-a-Book building, Brick Apartments...

And almost all times I got just junk, 40 explosive arrows/bolts? 5 First Aid Bandages? Nail Gun? Usually I use 300-500 7.62 ammo, some grenades and medicine to clean up a entire building and all I got is this. Ok I count the loot from these building iteself as part of the reward, but it is not usefull to me if I just got something I already have, or I dont even use.

I have some print screens for you, I will bring more by the time.

In my opinion some itens never should be reawrded for T5 quests:

- First Aid Bandage
- 7 Frag Rocke (10 should be fine)
- 90 AP ammo (150 should be fine)
- 40 explosives arrows/bolts (75 should be fine)
- Nail Gun (for T4 it is ok, but not ok for T5)
- Schematics or Books (Unless the game should give you something you dont have)
- Quality 4 stuff (Only quality 5 should be fine)

These rewards almost make me miss the 13 paper...

001 - Clear T5.png

002 - FC T5.png

003 - C T5.png

004 - FC T5.png

005 - FC T5.png

T5 Quests have pretty much always been awful. There just is not high enough tier loot in this game for T5 quests to have good drop pools. By the time you can handle them their rewards are probably outclassed by what you can find or craft.

They used to give a guaranteed T6 reward for clear quests. Got me the good stuff i wanted often enough and more than one playtrough i finally got my auger there. Also the things you get in the building are definitly worth it. Dishong has a ton of brass with all those desklamps. Crack a book has the bookshelves. Hospital has rotting flesh, bones and 4 vending machines. And so on. All of them have a lot of sinks for acid. (learning elixir) 

Heck i would go trough those buildings without quest, things don´t respawn then tough. No matter what you need, they provide a lot of everything actually. In one place.

The new rewards suck tough. Tier 4 rewards are actually a joke tbh.

Seems to be a lot of complaining about late game content and rewards, in general.

The Fun Pimps keep changing the game to stretch out early to mid game.

Perhaps late game isn't really fleshed out, and people are optimizing their play or settings to hit it a bit fast?

What would be your idea for late game challenges and rewards?

I'm thinking what you're thinking, Gideon, that the late/endgame/story elements are reserved for Gold release.  No proof though, just my speculation.

For what it's worth, several mods, like Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst, have added a variety of endgame content, like more difficult POIs and more/different/stronger zeds for late and endgame weaponry fun.

I have a Darkness Falls playthrough where Blood Moons are turned off, and it's still a blast to play, very fun mod to play on its own.

15 hours ago, Gideon said:

Seems to be a lot of complaining about late game content and rewards, in general.

It's just disappointing when you do a T5 quest that takes at least an entire in-game day, and then you get something as a reward that you would find in any T1 POI at that point. To be offered a T5 quest, you must first complete 10 quests from each previous tier. So you can't just go to the trader and he offers you a T5 quest. It takes some time to work your way up to T5.

I was hoping to get a Q6 auger through T5 quests.

54 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

It's just disappointing when you do a T5 quest that takes at least an entire in-game day, and then you get something as a reward that you would find in any T1 POI at that point. To be offered a T5 quest, you must first complete 10 quests from each previous tier. So you can't just go to the trader and he offers you a T5 quest. It takes some time to work your way up to T5.

I was hoping to get a Q6 auger through T5 quests.

Hyeah, I saw my point. It is very disappointing see a Nailgun as a quest reward, or 1 antibiotic, or 3 Painkillers, or 5 Bandages. Even Recipes and Books. Ok, recipes and books are cool, but better keep that for low tier.

T5 should give us options like: T3 items with quality 4-6 (5-6 in clear missions), pack of special ammo (300 / 150), 75 exploding arrows/bolts, 10 Rocket Frags, rare mods and pack with 5 First Aid Kit or 5 drugs (recog, fortbite, etc).

Now 1 antibiotic for cleaning up Dishong Tower is a joke.

I think part of the issue is that TFP hasn't gotten close to fleshing out what "end game" should look like, as the complaining I see stems around current late/end game T5 missions, when in reality (depending on loot settings of the server or single player game) you may already have many of the rewards being offered. 

Loot scaling with your level and having the POI respawn it's loot tables is the benefit, but maybe not so much when most servers have their loot respawn set to something like 3-5 days (every 3-5 hours IRL). 

The game in general feels like folks rush through levels easily, and require some form of instant gratification, like they are playing a PubG game or something, I mean, just look at the large amount of current servers with their settings set to high XP / Loot rates. Why even bother setting them up or why not just start everyone off at lvl 50 and all the skill pts they want to start? 

At the end of the day, the game is not finished yet and will likely have several more passes of loot / rewards and game pacing options added. 

I can see your frustration.

But honestly I don't think the reward is the problem. There are not enough T5 locations. So you have to run the same POIs over and over again. Also they are so large, that you have to invest a lot of time. And more than often, if you have to clear it, you can not complete the quest because of one or two zombies hiding around.

That is the reason I chose this time not to advance to t5 quests. T4 give you the same amount of loot for much less time investment. And the reward is a nice to have. Since you can find T6 items once your gamestage is high enough. So why hassle with that grind. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Gr.o.m. said:

But honestly I don't think the reward is the problem. There are not enough T5 locations. So you have to run the same POIs over and over again. Also they are so large, that you have to invest a lot of time. And more than often, if you have to clear it, you can not complete the quest because of one or two zombies hiding around.

That is the reason I chose this time not to advance to t5 quests. T4 give you the same amount of loot for much less time investment. And the reward is a nice to have. Since you can find T6 items once your gamestage is high enough. So why hassle with that grind. 🙂

I highly suggest using Nitrogen. Here is a 4k mega city map I generated with it:

previewMap.png

13 minutes ago, Ornias said:

I highly suggest using Nitrogen. Here is a 4k mega city map I generated with it:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

previewMap.png

Nice one, thanks for the tip.

But it will not solve the problem, that t4 POIs give you the same loot with less hassle.

20 hours ago, brockolious said:

I'm thinking what you're thinking, Gideon, that the late/endgame/story elements are reserved for Gold release.  No proof though, just my speculation.

For what it's worth, several mods, like Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst, have added a variety of endgame content, like more difficult POIs and more/different/stronger zeds for late and endgame weaponry fun.

I have a Darkness Falls playthrough where Blood Moons are turned off, and it's still a blast to play, very fun mod to play on its own.

Darkness falls makes the game WAY more fun. I can't wait for the A19 version.

7 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

Makes sense. I am very bored of hospitals, apartament bricks, factory, Higashi, Crack-a-book and Dishong.

7 hours ago, Ornias said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

previewMap.png

I always use nitrogen.

On 7/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Biscoitoso said:

I have completed around 30 T5 quests, hospitals, Higashi, Dishong Tower, Crack-a-Book building, Brick Apartments...

And almost all times I got just junk, 40 explosive arrows/bolts? 5 First Aid Bandages? Nail Gun? Usually I use 300-500 7.62 ammo, some grenades and medicine to clean up a entire building and all I got is this. Ok I count the loot from these building iteself as part of the reward, but it is not usefull to me if I just got something I already have, or I dont even use.

I have some print screens for you, I will bring more by the time.

In my opinion some itens never should be reawrded for T5 quests:

- First Aid Bandage
- 7 Frag Rocke (10 should be fine)
- 90 AP ammo (150 should be fine)
- 40 explosives arrows/bolts (75 should be fine)
- Nail Gun (for T4 it is ok, but not ok for T5)
- Schematics or Books (Unless the game should give you something you dont have)
- Quality 4 stuff (Only quality 5 should be fine)

These rewards almost make me miss the 13 paper...

001 - Clear T5.png

002 - FC T5.png

003 - C T5.png

004 - FC T5.png

005 - FC T5.png

yeah, i stopped doing the T5 quests unless i want to reset the building for stuff. They are good if you want to reset the entire building to scrap it down again. That is the only value in the t5 quests at the moment. 

1 minute ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

yeah, i stopped doing the T5 quests unless i want to reset the building for stuff. They are good if you want to reset the entire building to scrap it down again. That is the only value in the t5 quests at the moment. 

I am doing just as you for now. The quest rewards is no more worthy.

Just now, Biscoitoso said:

I am doing just as you for now. The quest rewards is no more worthy.

Yeah, the thing is most of the good loot is in the loot room. This is where lucky looter, the loot goggles, and the candy shine. I get all my tier 6 loot that way.  The big issue for me now is i do not have enough engines for my generators for the blade traps. Or enough oil for the blade traps, so i scrap cars, tons of them. Hence why resetting the big pois is important. 

Just now, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Yeah, the thing is most of the good loot is in the loot room. This is where lucky looter, the loot goggles, and the candy shine. I get all my tier 6 loot that way.  The big issue for me now is i do not have enough engines for my generators for the blade traps. Or enough oil for the blade traps, so i scrap cars, tons of them. Hence why resetting the big pois is important. 

For that problem I just mine. 1000 Ooil Shale = 10000 Gas. But it is ok scraping cars.

Another problem about missions: once you unlock missions level 5, missions of low level become less optional. For example, the trader near me have now 4 missions level 5 and just one level 3. And sometimes I want do low level missions for stuff like ammo, books, recipes or just because I dont have enough ammo to do a level 5 mission.

Archived