Too Close

IrishRed

Question. I think I made a mistake building too close to a trader A19 b169. New still to pc play. I want to move soon and I cant place my land claim block down to incorporate my temp base. Can you still wrench down workbenches ect. to pick them up? Used to that on console so land claim is foreign to me.

Thank you!!

I don't think you can tear down workbenches and such currently. There might be a chance to get one. I know in A18 I had a chance to get the workbench when scrapping it, but I haven't had it work in a POI with a forge or work/chem station as of yet for me

55 minutes ago, IrishRed said:

Question. I think I made a mistake building too close to a trader A19 b169. New still to pc play. I want to move soon and I cant place my land claim block down to incorporate my temp base. Can you still wrench down workbenches ect. to pick them up? Used to that on console so land claim is foreign to me.

Thank you!!

But you can place your land claim block on the far side of the trader, so that it covers your base, and then hold down "E" to move your benches.  There is a mod out there, I forget the number @ nexus that allows you to wrench down benches, but I'm not sure if it's A19 compatible yet.

Again, move as far from your base that you need to opposite of where the trader is and drop your land claim block, (you can always make another one in the work bench, I think it take 5 stones?), and then pick up your stuff.

Good Luck!

I do wish the traders "protection range" or whatever it's called would only extend a few blocks from the trader. I've had traders that were close enough to POIs I was trying to salvage be a problem. I know there's are more POIs on a map than I will ever loot, so not a huge issue, just a bit annoying in the beginning of a new game.

We're currently living a block away from the in-town trader, and there's a shopping cart right smack in the middle of the street that's protected by his protection range. It makes me so annoyed every time I gotta swerve around it. It's A ROAD HAZARD, Rekt! 

7 minutes ago, Feycat said:

We're currently living a block away from the in-town trader, and there's a shopping cart right smack in the middle of the street that's protected by his protection range. It makes me so annoyed every time I gotta swerve around it. It's A ROAD HAZARD, Rekt! 

Lol...shopping cart?  My game has a F'ing car blocking the road completely...

2 hours ago, IrishRed said:

Thank you!!

Welcome to PC!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Lol...shopping cart?  My game has a F'ing car blocking the road completely...

It's a very narrow road! Every time I go down it I'm scraping the paint on my 4x4!

Oh wait, I'm not allowed to paint my 4x4 😢

For your trader vs land claim block issues, i believe if you change the claim size and/or claim deadzone, it can fix your issue so your claim block may be placed.

Log out, change those under multiplayer options, then log back in and try to drop your land claim block.

16 hours ago, IrishRed said:

Thank you!!

You can't put down your workbenches where there is trader protection zone. So, just keep moving backwards with your lcb til you are able to place it. It will then be covering your workbenches so you can pick them up.

14 hours ago, Feycat said:

There was as game we were playing back in A18 where there was two shopping carts right in front of the trader doors. It was so annoying to drive around them and go around them to enter and exit the trader. 

So, yeah, I can get down on the protection only extending to one block over the farthest boarder or protection only applying to things within the trader poi file and not things in the random gen world.

12 hours ago, katarynna said:

For your trader vs land claim block issues, i believe if you change the claim size and/or claim deadzone, it can fix your issue so your claim block may be placed.

Log out, change those under multiplayer options, then log back in and try to drop your land claim block.

Did this and it WORKED! Thank you all dor the suggestions.

Bit too late to help IrishRed but there was a way to toggle the LCB so that it's boundries were displayed by green lines before it was placed down (big cube with just the edges in green lines). Can't recall how to toggle that though... Once a LCB is placed if you interact with it via E then there's an option to Show Boundries or some such.

And since it may not be apparent to some; when you go to place a block inside the bounding box of a LCB it will have green edges. If you're outside a LCBs area it'll have the white outline.

Archived