Undo upgrading to TIER 5 - help

toores

I took the last trader quest that upgraded my quests to TIER 5.

Is there a way to mess with the game files to get back tier 4 quests?

I only get 1 tier 4 until the trader resets and I have turned loor respawn off, so I pretty much don't want to quest any more in my current world. Which is sad because tier 4 was perfect - new POIs, nice length.

They definitely need to find a way to make lower tiers available at all times. 

Also, something needs to be done to make Tier 5 both more appealing and more diverse. The end loot is pretty much the same, it should probably be double the rewards of a Tier 4 given the huge time sink. 

14 hours ago, beHypE said:

Also, something needs to be done to make Tier 5 both more appealing and more diverse. The end loot is pretty much the same, it should probably be double the rewards of a Tier 4 given the huge time sink. 

I agree about making T5 quests more diverse and appealing, but the amount of loot is already quite a bit higher than you'd get from a T4, unless you skip half the POI. I always end up dumping and scrapping stuff before I open the last chest. Maybe not so much with the apartment building, but definitely with the Shotgun Messiah factory.

If TFP could figure out how to actually have all T5 POIs in RWG it would already be a lot better 🙄. I played on a Nitrogen map in A18 and there were way more options for T5 quests than in the vanilla RWG, even without adding new POIs.

59 minutes ago, toores said:

But how to edit game files to revert back to traders not giving tier 5 quests?

Maybe not edit the "game files", but remove the T5 quests entirely from the XMLs? I guess the traders would than automatically fall back to T4 quests.

Resetting the progress, if possible anyway, wouldn't help a lot. 10 missions later you will be at T5 again...

2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Resetting the progress, if possible anyway, wouldn't help a lot. 10 missions later you will be at T5 again...

Ok, you might be right! I thought maybe it won't upgrade to tier 5 if I don't do the "special quest" that directs me to next trader.

2 minutes ago, toores said:

Ok, you might be right! I thought maybe it won't upgrade to tier 5 if I don't do the "special quest" that directs me to next trader.

Nope the special quest has nothing to do with the tiers of the other quests. Maybe it counts as one further (T1?) mission done, but it's not needed to get the others to T5.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, Laz Man said:

I think there is an xml setting that can be changed to determine how many quests are needed to advance for the next tier but not sure changing it will do anything after the fact.

Will look at xml closer today.

Hey Laz just curious if you found a way to safely disable quests tiers. Im about to start tier 5 and would love the option to still do a lot of tier 4 (they are really fun.)

@Kalen They are worth doing. All the things on the way to main loot alone are worth it. Then there is the main loot. The XP from doing the POI and for the quest. And ofc the tier 6 reward (for clear quests) even 2 rewards if you have daring adventurer. And you really need more motivation?

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Kalen They are worth doing. All the things on the way to main loot alone are worth it. Then there is the main loot. The XP from doing the POI and for the quest. And ofc the tier 6 reward (for clear quests) even 2 rewards if you have daring adventurer. And you really need more motivation?

I do.... from what I've seen, the rewards aren't all that much better than the tier 4 quests.   But the time it takes to complete them is much higher.   

19 hours ago, Fierystar88 said:

Hey Laz just curious if you found a way to safely disable quests tiers. Im about to start tier 5 and would love the option to still do a lot of tier 4 (they are really fun.)

Looking at the XMLs this is what I found:

<quests max_quest_tier="5" quests_per_tier="10">

This piece of code is at the top of the quests.xml file and looks like is used to configure the number of quests per tier.  You could increase this number to stretch out the time it takes to unlock all tiers but doesn't look like you can specify a specific tier only.  You could also potentially disable tier 5 quests by decreasing the max to "4."  Given we are in experimental, it might be best to wait and see what the devs will do with tier progression.

Thanks Laz for checking I appreciate it. I won't mess with my XML and ill wait for them to implement the ability to pick quest tiers. I'm still on tier 4 currently and I notice I still get one tier 2 and one tier 3 quest for each trader. Does that mean when i hit tier 5 I'll still always see one tier 4 and one tier 3? If so I'm ok with that. I have some fairly close traders so I can bounce between them.

25 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

My quests went from tier 3 to 4 this morning when I did a find trader quest. Perhaps if I don't take the next find traider quest I won't get fliped to 5? It'll be a while until I'm there.

It will "flip" to the next tier in the next "quest reset" for all traders; if you find a new trader, his quests will reset on arrival to populate the list. For known traders, their quests reset every night, so you'll get the next tier on the next morning. The Opening Trade Routes - quest is just an extra waypoint with no other functionality.

Archived