Khaine's A19 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, backpack buttons, HP bars, etc)

KhaineGB

thanks mate Ill give it a go this weekend and if there is any discrepancy in the path of the file folder's ill be sure to note it and share . im on a dual boot machine , running linux and windows i recently caved to windows for better controller support and post scriptum , oh my god windows is mediocre for an OS that one has to pay for , i run at 130 fps solid on linux ,and barely maintain 90fps on windows and there is terrible screen tearing and ghosting . so if any one out there is on a min spec machine consider getting an 250g SSD and put linux ubuntu 20.04 on it . your keys are good for either OS. oops i drifted off topic...... Any how , Khaine much appreciate your time making the mods , vids and responses your legendary mate.

I'm the other way around. I have a dual boot on my dev machine and I actually have LESS FPS on Linux than I do on windows (for 7DTD).

So I only use it for testing.

No ghosting or screen tearing on windows either, but then I have 100hz panel in the laptop (actually 60hz but messed with the display settings to set 100hz and it's stable). Only time i've ever had screen tearing or ghosting on ANY app on windows was running FPS higher than the refresh rate of the monitor.

But that's what gsync/freesync is for.

So are you using the Vulkan or GLcore cause im using Vulkan its that, that's getting me those high frames.  On GLcore its about the same as windows and for some reason Vulkan doesn't work with windows and GLcore has a bunch of static racing across the ground textures , so im using DX11 , im on a 6 core ryzen 3600 with 64 gig RAM and a MSI RX5700 with 8 gigs , and DX11 Can't touch Vulkan . so my point is if you haven't tried the  (not fully supported) Vulkan Render try it just don't use it to generate a map thats where it all falls apart but once a map is generated it runs better on Vulkan , im excited to see Vulkan get more wide spread support it work great with Linux . BTW everything is working tip top i followed your instruction to a Tee and i am glad to report the file pathing is exactly the same so you instruction are good for both windows and Linux users . couldn't help but giggle at the sigh of the 96 slot BP lol .
      One last question if im running a coop game i assume any one who join will need to down load the modlets ? or is only applied to my player?

Hi, i'm fairly new to 7d2d and modding in general. I tried installing the HP bar mod today and no matter what i did i couldn't get it to work. I know that the mod manages to load up because there is a constant translucent bar at the top of the middle of the screen, exactly as it is in your video. However, when i get close to zombies or start attacking them it just stays like that. There is no text and nor does it change red.

Hi KhaineGB

I am still playing the default Steam version (18.4) .  You mention these mods are based on your Alpha18 versions, is there a download  link for the Alpha 18 versions;  would love to add them to my game.

Thanks in advance

stupid question maybe but do these all disable achievements on steam?

I want to play legit as possible but the base game backpack sizes are F'ING CANCER. I don't have any idea why the devs can't see that in a looting game with thousands of items, an inventory with an effective ~12 slots for loot is asinine... :faceplam: :classic_angry:

On 8/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, Sufex123 said:

Hi, i'm fairly new to 7d2d and modding in general. I tried installing the HP bar mod today and no matter what i did i couldn't get it to work. I know that the mod manages to load up because there is a constant translucent bar at the top of the middle of the screen, exactly as it is in your video. However, when i get close to zombies or start attacking them it just stays like that. There is no text and nor does it change red.

Just tested it and it's working fine in A19b173.

20 hours ago, newbie said:

Hi KhaineGB

I am still playing the default Steam version (18.4) .  You mention these mods are based on your Alpha18 versions, is there a download  link for the Alpha 18 versions;  would love to add them to my game.

Thanks in advance

There's less of them for A18, but they're here.

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/khainemodlets

11 hours ago, fellox said:

stupid question maybe but do these all disable achievements on steam?

I want to play legit as possible but the base game backpack sizes are F'ING CANCER. I don't have any idea why the devs can't see that in a looting game with thousands of items, an inventory with an effective ~12 slots for loot is asinine... :faceplam: :classic_angry:

Nope. It doesn't break steam achievements.

it Doesnt?????? hooooly crap! I would be SO happy if so! I made another new save last night... a 100% legit vanilla experience in latest experimental. Watched the achievements unlock for once. But My dear gosh the last 2 hrs of my playtime was struggling with backpack size lol. TYVM!

Huh I installed 3 of them, 96 backpack, stash icons, and zomb/animal spawning and something seems to have broke the game. After launching it just hangs on the title screen. 

Edit2: Alright I watched the vid. I was under the impression these were called 'modlets' I guess because they were just/// 'XML edits' as OP specified. Which, in essence they are but they still require a folder called 'mods' lol. I was comparing the specified XMLs the game showed as erroneous lol uh wtf obviously this isnt right.

Okay, but, so... youre SURE these don't disable steam achievements now? I mean I restarted like 6x in the last 2 days just trying to make stuff work. Lots of stuff says 'ANY MODS WHATSOEVER, ANYTING THAT ISNT VANILLA WILL DISABLE ACHIEVEMENTS'. Im sorry to doubt you, but please understand I can only start over so many times before going crazy

Edited by fellox (see edit history)

Backpack buttons modlet no longer required as of b177.

Other modlets seem ok.

Uploaded a new modlet that adds the ability to "lock" the backpack slots (like you could in my backpack buttons modlet) AND vehicle slots. It also seems to stop locked slots being "sorted" when you click the sort button.

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/khaines-modlets-a19/-/archive/master/khaines-modlets-a19-master.zip?path=KHA19-LockableInvSlots

EDIT: Just noticed the lock thingy has some overlap with the "clear inventory" button when you have the creative menu open. I'll move it later. It's good enough for the general player right now. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Ok.

Updated Backpack Buttons V1. It still uses the new code, AND has the lockable slots included. However, I removed the backpack icon on the left, moved all the buttons to the left, moved the "Inventory" text to the middle of the bar and put back my custom icons.

Lockable slots updated to move the box + arrows to the left of the sort button so it doesn't overlap the "clear inventory" button.

Backpack Buttons V1 also had a folder rename so it loads FIRST, which means backpack modlets should then work with it.

If folks like that layout, I can update the V2 to work the same way.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I accept I'm probably doing something wrong .. but ... I just can't get the Lockable Backpack buttons to work >.<

I copied the folder KHA19-LockableInvSlots to the appropriate mods directory in 7dtd, reloaded the game and sadly the slots I have my load out fail to be protected.

Any help would be appreciated :)

I have removed all mods and still get this:
image.png.c4b117e1bfe2272b3b2ff31871b768e8.png

Edited by Wulfwise
More info provided (see edit history)