Get rid of crosshairs

Staggy1

Get rid of crosshairs

Personally I say no thanks. What will actually happen is up to developers, but I dare say they have no such plans. In fact, they will most likely add more things that will ruin your personal preference even further.

If you'd like me to elaborate why, then it's really simple. A - You're using realism as a reason in a zombie survival game. B - You're using realism as a reason in a game where upcoming Alpha 19 has a feature that draws circle on the ground around the buried treasure chest while the current version has no such feature - this new feature can be seen in Prime's twitch video. Trust me, if you're looking for realism, the crosshair on your screen will be the least of your problems with the upcoming Alpha.

I haven't played in awhile, but can't you still turn them off in the config file? I used to turn them off when aiming down sights as I found them distracting. But left them on for hip firing, since IRL I'd have some idea of where the bullets were going.

I really dislike games with no crosshair. I own both Killing Floor games and have the UT2K4 mod and they are really neat but I don't find it fun to constantly be guessing approximately where the middle of the screen is so I usually just load up CS 1.6, grab an AWP, zoom in and mark the center of the screen with scotch tape before I play.

I could definitely get behind replacing the x crosshair with a dot though like in DayZ or something less huge.

I have a weird glitch sometimes where if I use the Discord overlay and then go back to 7 Days the in-menu cursor arrowhead is centered on the screen all the time which is funny and useful.

4 hours ago, Jugginator said:

The crosshairs really, really should be removed when aiming down the sight... I really can't recall a single game that leaves them up while doing so.

I agree with this and it actually would also gel just fine with what Gazz was saying about the dynamic nature of the crosshairs. The crosshairs shrink to show that you are taking the time to stop and aim. I would think that would be obvious if you switch to ironsight mode. In that mode you would just know that the crosshairs is in the tightest configuration that it could be so that your aim would have the best chance of hitting. There is just something fun about using the sighting on the gun or the knuckle of your hand when using the bow more than the crosshairs.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I agree with this and it actually would also gel just fine with what Gazz was saying about the dynamic nature of the crosshairs. The crosshairs shrink to show that you are taking the time to stop and aim. I would think that would be obvious if you switch to ironsight mode. In that mode you would just know that the crosshairs is in the tightest configuration that it could be so that your aim would have the best chance of hitting. There is just something fun about using the sighting on the gun or the knuckle of your hand when using the bow more than the crosshairs.

Yeah exactly. It feels extraordinary silly to have the crosshairs showup while aiming down the sight with a red dot or a scope equipped, too.  I honestly don't ever use red dots because the crosshairs negate the whole point of it and it sort of messes my vision up. Same with iron sighting, it's especially annoying on the M60. When iron sighting or ADS'ing with any scopes or sights, the jerking of the gun (recoil) is your clear indicator of accuracy. Having them when hip firing makes sense... there's a good reason 100% of other shooting mechanics in other games get rid of them when ADS'ing lol. 

By the way, very nice knuckle rub avatar 😂

Archived