Auger/Chainsaw T6: how to get?

Is there any special sorcery in order to get an auger T6 as Fetch/Clear T5 quest reward? My current save is on day 258 and I simply can't get and auger (or chainsaw) T6. I don't even know how many T5 fetch/clear I completed, it's really frustrating because I love the grind in order to get a good loot (the random stat thing is a very good idea), but man this is absolutely unfair I can't get it from loot or quest reward day 200+. 

Did you use sea salt or iodized salt for the pentagram? You may not be able to tell the difference, but the RNG Gods can...

It wouldn't suck to have a very gentle (and disable-able) loot nudge system, so that every time you find Item X Quality Y, it becomes slightly less likely that you will get that same item/quality again in the future. Not a severe adjustment and surely never down to 0%, but just relatively less likely compared to items you haven't found yet. Eventually after you've found/earned everything, all of the nudges equal out and you're back to flat RNG results.

Not a bad idea at all. It's frustrating because I got everything I really wanted, but no Auger or Chainsaw T6. I just completed 5 T5 quests in 2 in game days (3 fetch/clear, 2 clear) and only got offered wrench or fireaxe. It's annoying as hell, I didn't craft any T6 because I wanted to get it from loot or quest reward, but after 258 freaking days I think I may be the unluckiest person in 7 Days to Die..haha

Something like that is a heck of an idea @Boidster

... though, if it wound up costing too much cpu or was too difficult coding, maybe something like a free haircut punch card might work?

Something like a 'Raid the Stash!' chit. Need ten of them, then can turn them in & choose any Legendary Item (& maybe even be able to choose any book?).

Set their 'drop' freq so while it could be possible to get one as a completed lvl 1 quest, it'd be really unlikely, then slightly less for lvl2, etc.

Work the chance percent numbers so that if you have all the Better Barter & the perks for questing maxed that doing around 20 tier 5 quests would see the chit being offered 10 times.

While I seldom quest past tier 3, something that provided a way to "beat" rng during a long play through would likely be cheered by the completionist & ocd crowd :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, lord_ahriman said:

It's annoying as hell, I didn't craft any T6 because I wanted to get it from loot or quest reward

T6 can not be crafted, the only way to get T6 is find it in loot or quest reward.
And even if you find one, you know, it still might be worse then a self crafted T5?!

Most T6 items i find so far are not better then any other <T6 i already had before.

Imho T6 is a little bit overrated, there is no need to get (a real better) one, it's a "nice to find". I wouldn't invest that much time especially hoping to get a drop of one of these.

3 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

T6 can not be crafted, the only way to get T6 is find it in loot or quest reward.
And even if you find one, you know, it still might be worse then a self crafted T5?!

Most T6 items i find so far are not better then any other <T6 i already had before.

Imho T6 is a little bit overrated, there is no need to get (a real better) one, it's a "nice to find". I wouldn't invest that much time especially hoping to get a drop of one of these.

That highly depends on how you play. If you are someone who restarts once he can kill everything easily then yes, you are right. If you play a long time like OP does and like to build big and a lot a T6 auger is very valuable. Beeing able to fit, tank mod, bunker buster, iron breaker and diamond tip in it, helps a lot.

And there is a lot of people who play long saves and build a lot. They just aren´t in this forum. Like the majority of players.

I don´t get why this randomness is needed in a survival/crafting game and why we can´t craft it. This isn´t a freaking loot shooter ala Borderlands. Make it time consuming to get the ability to craft it, make it super expensive. But random luck for the best quality in a game like this simply sucks.

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And there is a lot of people who play long saves and build a lot. They just aren´t in this forum. Like the majority of players.

I don´t get why this randomness is needed in a survival/crafting game and why we can´t craft it.

As you are telling me that it depends on the way you play, i can answer your question: Because the game is not designed especially for the way you play. It is a looting game, indeed a bit like borderlands and there should be a reason to go out, explore and loot the world instead of sitting on your butt and wait till you have leveled up enough to build stuff by yourself.

And where would you get the XP and the parts to build it? By going out and looting. How would you otherwise be able to level up high enough? Pointless argument there.

Also you need to go out and loot anyways. No matter if you want an auger or not. How do you get XP by sitting on your butt? Did i miss something? I don´t think so.

4 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

My current save isn't a new one as you should know, so before patch B2 you could craft any T6 item. However, As I said before, I wanted it the way A18 got out: just loot or quest reward.

42 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That highly depends on how you play. If you are someone who restarts once he can kill everything easily then yes, you are right. If you play a long time like OP does and like to build big and a lot a T6 auger is very valuable. Beeing able to fit, tank mod, bunker buster, iron breaker and diamond tip in it, helps a lot.

I don´t get why this randomness is needed in a survival/crafting game and why we can´t craft it. This isn´t a freaking loot shooter ala Borderlands. Make it time consuming to get the ability to craft it, make it super expensive. But random luck for the best quality in a game like this simply sucks.

Exactly. There are many styles and the most powerful items are very valuable for building. I'll give you an example: I'm building an underground tunnels network and just a very small part of it I dug 1.5 million of stones. The extra mod slot and a 10% more damage block could pottentialy result in 1.7 ~ 1.75 million therefore more progress. Some folks craft 30 ~ 40k concrete entire save and are happy with that: my stock is never below 450k.

24 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And where would you get the XP and the parts to build it? By going out and looting. How would you otherwise be able to level up high enough? Pointless argument there.

Also you need to go out and loot anyways. No matter if you want an auger or not. How do you get XP by sitting on your butt? Did i miss something? I don´t think so.

Again you use your playstyle and ignore others during explaining different playstyles *lol*.

You earn a shitload of XP for just building. Sure you need to get some electrical parts, cement and stuff. But why should you go into the harder POIs which have better loot if you just want to build? You usually also don't do trader quests if you look for building materials. Yes, if you want a T6 auger that is a reason, because that's the only way you can get one. But you wouldn't according to your playstyle if you could craft it yourself.

THAT's the point.
If you are no interested in questing/looting but just building, mod your game (i'm quite sure there are some mods that allow you to craft T6), or simply cheat one.

You asumme i just want to build. That´s not the case. We do build a village including a castle, fancy villas and a restaurant and go looting in every POI we find. Including Higashi and Dishong. Also the art gallery from compopack wich provides more zombies than a 64 hordenight. We do have screamer bases where we let them come and summon huge hordes just for fun. And we do that on warrior.  So nope, still pointless argument. If i just wanted to build i would play something like rising world and not a game with enemies.

Well all have done the quests and everyone get´s Tier5 quests now. But tbh relying on quests is kinda lame in a way, might do a not using the trader save next time. Getting XP for something you should do anyways is basically the same like "sitting on your butt"

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 11:07, Hollowprime said:

Escolha a missão "clara" do hospital de nível 5.

Vantagens máximas para saques, use óculos de proteção para saques.

Max aventureiro regalia.

Abra todos os baús de trabalho no POI do hospital.

Prossiga indefinidamente

???

Lucro

I tried this mission countless times, but I was unsuccessful. I did not find the hospital chest in any closet, nor did I receive it from the seller as payment.

1 hour ago, jmlsiqueira said:

I tried this mission countless times, but I was unsuccessful. I did not find the hospital chest in any closet, nor did I receive it from the seller as payment.

There is no "hospital chest" in the game. What was it you really wanted to say?

I don't know why Hollowprime is so fond of the hospital. ANY T5 quest building will give you a few random quality 6 items to pick from (if you put some points into the adventurer perk). And there is a small chance to find quality 6 items in high-value loot boxes.

That's all. It still is a gamble if you are looking for a specific item, but your chances to find a specific item are just a lot higher with them

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Because it is the fastest T5 quest by far for clear and for fetch, no matter where the satchel is. You need a lot of luck to be faster with fetch in every other T5 POI. @meganoth

T5 **fetch** quests do not give guaranteed quality 6 items as quest rewards! This is because it is so relatively easy and fast to do a fetch quest compared to clearing it.

And if I have to clear anyway, it is much more fun for me to mix them up instead of going through the same one again and again. But that is my personal opinion, someone else might look only at efficiency. Is the difference really so much that it matters?

I think you just need to visit our Server. I've got three level 6 augers in our tool chest. I'd be glad to give you one and a stack of Concrete and Rebar to boot. I would just recommend focusing on Tier 5 Clears only until you get your proper reward. I'm not sure if you are using Compopack on your map but if you have a 4-in-1 trader, you can crank out 2-3 tier 5's in one in-game day if it's POI's you're comfortable clearling on standard day length.

16 hours ago, meganoth said:

I don't know why Hollowprime is so fond of the hospital. ANY T5 quest building will give you a few random quality 6 items to pick from (if you put some points into the adventurer perk). And there is a small chance to find quality 6 items in high-value loot boxes.

That's all. It still is a gamble if you are looking for a specific item, but your chances to find a specific item are just a lot higher with them

I'm not fond of hospitals, they are just one of the T5 quests you can repeat indefinitely until you get what you want.

If we were preA18 we'd be able to construct any items without needing to repeat a quest indefinitely.

Probably not the overarching company vision emblazoned in 16" neon-backed chrome letters across the TFP Reception Area and Oxygen Bar, no. But RNG gonna RNG. After about 10 attempts I'd probably just cm myself one. Middle finger to RNGeesus. Of course I almost never make it far enough in a world playthrough to really even consider being fully kitted out with T6 so I may not understand the struggle.

@meganoth The hospital is faster. Costs less ammo due to the lower number of zombies. And the path is easier. Also the bones and rotting flesh are a good reason to go there more often than to the others. There is no such thing as too much bones. 😛

I installed T6 crafting mod, sick of the RNG luck game that adds nothing to the game but grinding the same few POI´s over and over again.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, Hollowprime said:

I'm not fond of hospitals, they are just one of the T5 quests you can repeat indefinitely until you get what you want.

If we were preA18 we'd be able to construct any items without needing to repeat a quest indefinitely.

The NEED is totally self-inflicted IMHO. There is a reason OCD is called a disorder and not a virtue 😉 (don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the REAL OCD cases, just the ones who call their habits and irrational wants OCD). If replacing a specific quality5 for a marginally better quality6 item is soo important to someone that he repeats unloved T5 quests in series, then so be it. His call, his discomfort. And as pApA.. says, there are alternatives, also creative mode.

The need is there in some cases. Not everyone restarts all the time after day 50. It´s a difference if you put 3 or 4 mods in an auger aswell as the small damage bonus if you need stones and iron for a build the size of the appartment building or the factories. Sure can be done with T5 also. But over a longer amount of time, you save a lot of time with just a bit more damage.

Archived