Why are painkillers better than First Aid Kits?

Xtrakicking

Back in previous alphas, first aid kits were precious because they could literally save your life. If you were low health, and you desperately needed to get out of a situation, you could use an aid kit to instantly heal yourself quite a few points and withstand more damage.

Now in A18, first aid kits don't do this anymore. They heal you very slowly, which is fatal in dire situations. Painkillers are the ones that heal you instantly now. How come? Seems a bit unbalanced, since painkillers are everywhere...

Back in previous alphas, first aid kits were precious because they could literally save your life. If you were low health, and you desperately needed to get out of a situation, you could use an aid kit to instantly heal yourself quite a few points and withstand more damage.

Now in A18, first aid kits don't do this anymore. They heal you very slowly, which is fatal in dire situations. Painkillers are the ones that heal you instantly now. How come? Seems a bit unbalanced, since painkillers are everywhere...

Drugs thats why!

i need my ketamine for the zombie out break!

From what I have read, the first aid kits are becoming more important again in A19. It seems that in A19 you can only stop a bleeding completely with the first aid kits. The bandages only stop the bleeding temporarily but the bleeding will start randomly again until a first aid kit is used.

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/news-announcements/138574-alpha-19-dev-diary?p=1721755#post1721755

painkillers in old alphas were useless, same as first aid kit now

with the introduction of the mechanics explained by Ripclaw all meds get to be useful

maybe a first aid kit could also help with dysentery and infection. I mean the word kit implies it has multiple heath options. Perhaps it could randomly cure dysentery and cure a random percentage of infection as kits wouldn't all be exactly alike if put together by different people during the apocalypse.

maybe a first aid kit could also help with dysentery and infection. I mean the word kit implies it has multiple heath options. Perhaps it could randomly cure dysentery and cure a random percentage of infection as kits wouldn't all be exactly alike if put together by different people during the apocalypse.

Since you can also craft the first aid kits and not only find it, you would have to change the recipe to explain the effect on infections or dysentery. I think it is best if these conditions are treated separately. Besides, I'm not a fan of making all random. In A17, it was random if an antibiotic worked or not and I hated it.

Since you can also craft the first aid kits and not only find it, you would have to change the recipe to explain the effect on infections or dysentery. I think it is best if these conditions are treated separately. Besides, I'm not a fan of making all random. In A17, it was random if an antibiotic worked or not and I hated it.

Agreed. If I'm applying a first aid kit, I want it to work, not just use it in case it randomly cures the debuff I want to cure. That just sounds incredibly frustrating and poorly designed.

True. I wasn't a fan of it working or not either. So maybe have kits need honey and goldenrod tea and make them cure a percentage of infection and dysentery. This would save you the slots of having to having all 3 as we do now. (Goldenrod Tea, Honey, First Aid Bandages) Maybe have the percentage of healing higher than using an item alone.

I disagree.

1: Painkillers can heal you a huge amount of life in seconds but you will need drink some water, and painkillers dont stop bleeding and cant be used in friends. On top of that, painkillers have a cooldown, you cant use one after another very fast.

2: With the Medical Skill, a single First Aid can heal almost all your life very fast. First Aid Kits can be used uninterrupted and can be used in allies.

I disagree.

1: Its no sense in first aid curing infection, just look at real life. If you need heal inffection you need buy antibiotics at pharmacy.

2: Inffection debuff wont killl you unless you is very very very unlucky. You can easy come back to your base and drink your stored antibiotics. On top of that, you can put some medical supplies in your vehicle. My motorcycle and 4x4 aways have plaster, antibiotics and 1 goldenrod. Ok ok I know, 3 slot wasted right? NO! The game difficulties are there to challenge not to be dealt by a nuttella easy way.

3: In late game stage I dont even need goldenrod and plaster anymore, cause maxed Iron Gut and Parkour.

4: You dont even need worry about desintery if you have a beaker, just turn all your water into redtea, STONKS!

Desintery and inffection are debuffs that kill only at first or second stages of the game. And serious, I have 2300 hours of gameplay, most at multiplayer, and I never died by inffection and never saw anyone killed by inffection. I dont need a miracle super nutella first aid kit what heal everything even my ugly face.

I disagree.

1: Painkillers can heal you a huge amount of life in seconds but you will need drink some water, and painkillers dont stop bleeding and cant be used in friends. On top of that, painkillers have a cooldown, you cant use one after another very fast.

2: With the Medical Skill, a single First Aid can heal almost all your life very fast. First Aid Kits can be used uninterrupted and can be used in allies.

But they will never save you in a desperate situation with low health, unlike painkillers. Bleeding can be stopped with a simple bandage, and most of the time will only knock a couple health points off slowly.

Water is also never a problem in this game, so it's not like it matters much if a painkiller makes you thirsty.

But they will never save you in a desperate situation with low health, unlike painkillers. Bleeding can be stopped with a simple bandage, and most of the time will only knock a couple health points off slowly.

Water is also never a problem in this game, so it's not like it matters much if a painkiller makes you thirsty.

Dude, thats why we have 4 healing objects: bandage, first aid bandage, painkiller and first aid kit.

- Bandage: Stop bleeding / max HP healing.

- First Aid Bandage: Stop bleeding / max HP healing / slow small health.

- Painkiller: instantly healing / huge healing / thirst /cooldown.

- First Aid Kit: Stop bleeding / max HP healing / Slow healing / huge healing.

As you can see, you should use every one for your needs according to each situation, for example me when battling huge hordes I use painkiller, and if i get hurt again I use first aid while painkiller is in cooldown. Everytime I heal my friends with first aid and bandages, and I cant do it with painkillers.

On top of that, if you max up Physician at Intelect branch, first aid will be more powerfull and painkillers not are affected by any skill.

None of the healing objects are useless, best or worst, all have they advantages and disadvantages and you should use each one properly according to your needs.

Stop asking for a super medical nutella healling and learn more about the game. :rapture:

Dude, thats why we have 4 healing objects: bandage, first aid bandage, painkiller and first aid kit.

- Bandage: Stop bleeding / max HP healing.

- First Aid Bandage: Stop bleeding / max HP healing / slow small health.

- Painkiller: instantly healing / huge healing / thirst /cooldown.

- First Aid Kit: Stop bleeding / max HP healing / Slow healing / huge healing.

As you can see, you should use every one for your needs according to each situation, for example me when battling huge hordes I use painkiller, and if i get hurt again I use first aid while painkiller is in cooldown. Everytime I heal my friends with first aid and bandages, and I cant do it with painkillers.

On top of that, if you max up Physician at Intelect branch, first aid will be more powerfull and painkillers not are affected by any skill.

None of the healing objects are useless, best or worst, all have they advantages and disadvantages and you should use each one properly according to your needs.

Stop asking for a super medical nutella healling and learn more about the game. :rapture:

Well, that was unnecessarily aggresive. When did I ever ask for a super medical nutella? This post is about the incoherent dilemma of painkillers being way better than first aid kits, when first aid kits are rare and hard to craft, whereas painkillers are almost as abundant as water. Why better? Because they heal you instantly, which can save your life in near-death situations and which is exactly what first aid kits did in previous alphas. Now first aid kits are just like healing bandages that last longer, so indeed, painkillers are the better item here.

You don't need to explain how healing objects work, clearly I know the difference if I made this thread in the first place.

Well, that was unnecessarily aggresive. When did I ever ask for a super medical nutella? This post is about the incoherent dilemma of painkillers being way better than first aid kits, when first aid kits are rare and hard to craft, whereas painkillers are almost as abundant as water. Why better? Because they heal you instantly, which can save your life in near-death situations and which is exactly what first aid kits did in previous alphas. Now first aid kits are just like healing bandages that last longer, so indeed, painkillers are the better item here.

You don't need to explain how healing objects work, clearly I know the difference if I made this thread in the first place.

Sorry dude dont meant to be agressive.

Well, what you need learn is: painkiller is for that, save you from death.

First aid is to heal all your HP. But like I said, if you max Physician, First Aid will heal you pretty fast. Not instantly, but very fast and it is affected by skills. Painkillers not are affected by skills.

This post is about the incoherent dilemma of painkillers being way better than first aid kits, when first aid kits are rare and hard to craft, whereas painkillers are almost as abundant as water. Why better? Because they heal you instantly, which can save your life in near-death situations and which is exactly what first aid kits did in previous alphas. Now first aid kits are just like healing bandages that last longer, so indeed, painkillers are the better item here.

With Physician you can hell your friend and yourself with just one first aid kit. First aid heal 180 HP, painkiller just 40 HP, it is not best or worst, they are just tools you need use according to your needs.

I disagree.

1: Its no sense in first aid curing infection, just look at real life. If you need heal inffection you need buy antibiotics at pharmacy.

2: Inffection debuff wont killl you unless you is very very very unlucky. You can easy come back to your base and drink your stored antibiotics. On top of that, you can put some medical supplies in your vehicle. My motorcycle and 4x4 aways have plaster, antibiotics and 1 goldenrod. Ok ok I know, 3 slot wasted right? NO! The game difficulties are there to challenge not to be dealt by a nuttella easy way.

3: In late game stage I dont even need goldenrod and plaster anymore, cause maxed Iron Gut and Parkour.

4: You dont even need worry about desintery if you have a beaker, just turn all your water into redtea, STONKS!

Desintery and inffection are debuffs that kill only at first or second stages of the game. And serious, I have 2300 hours of gameplay, most at multiplayer, and I never died by inffection and never saw anyone killed by inffection. I dont need a miracle super nutella first aid kit what heal everything even my ugly face.

1. Never said totally cure you. Unless you use it immediately of course. Honey heals up to 5% infection (IIRC) so if it is used in making a kit why should it not do same there.

Kits are later game so bonus is you save a slot or 2.

4. Unless I am mistaken and it has been changed you don't need a beaker to make red tea.

The problem with painkillers is that they don’t heal max health. If your max health is down to 40 and your current health is at 20 and you take a pain killer you are only going to heal to 40.

A First aid kit is slower but it heals both max health and current health simultaneously.

My opinion is there shouldn’t be a healing item you can spam to keep yourself alive on the fly while fighting zombies. That is too arcade.

Of course the whole system is changing in A19. There will only be health (no max health and current health duality like now) and specific status debuffs that will require specific remedies to heal and your health won’t improve until you remedy the debuff. So, a broken leg might drop your health by 20%. No matter how many painkillers you take, your health won’t rise to 100% until you use a splint and remedy that broken leg status. There will be a lot more injury debuffs as well as disease debuffs eventually.

Should be fun.

The problem with painkillers is that they don’t heal max health. If your max health is down to 40 and your current health is at 20 and you take a pain killer you are only going to heal to 40.

A First aid kit is slower but it heals both max health and current health simultaneously.

My opinion is there shouldn’t be a healing item you can spam to keep yourself alive on the fly while fighting zombies. That is too arcade.

Of course the whole system is changing in A19. There will only be health (no max health and current health duality like now) and specific status debuffs that will require specific remedies to heal and your health won’t improve until you remedy the debuff. So, a broken leg might drop your health by 20%. No matter how many painkillers you take, your health won’t rise to 100% until you use a splint and remedy that broken leg status. There will be a lot more injury debuffs as well as disease debuffs eventually.

Should be fun.

Challenge accepeted!

Archived