Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Is this a madmole stat or a real one?

(Surprised it's that high) 

Less than could be .0001%. It doesn't imply that that it is 4% something. Take the total forum member count and divide into 12-25 million (copies sold I haven't checked for a while but that should be in the ballpark) and that is the % of users that visit the forum.

10 hours ago, hotpoon said:

Very cool experiment, though I think he was a bit quick to call some of those scenarios 'game breaking'.  In a real game, there would have been cops (who have a ranged attack), spiders (who can climb), and hornets/vultures (who will be attacking you from the air).

I think this video illustrates one of the best things about A16 - that the z's didn't know the hit points of each material. 

What makes you think a zombie couldn't figure that out? Dogs can. They will scratch at, claw, dig etc and figure out a weak spot in a fence or room, etc. As far as I'm concerned its a realistic and good mechanic.

56 minutes ago, madmole said:

Some people just insist the game is broken when they are unwilling to adapt to anything other than the style they want.

If you just build a tower that has solid r concrete and stand on it, they literally cannot get to you for a long @%$*#! time. I'm talking a solid 7x7 or 9x9 r concrete 4 high base to stand on. I start with a hollowed out one, then when I get spare resources I fill in another layer until I'm out of space then tear out the ladder hole and fill it. You don't need to get to the inside once its done any repairs would occur from the outside where it was damaged.

Hmm, I dub that the madmole strategy....😂

49 minutes ago, madmole said:

What makes you think a zombie couldn't figure that out? Dogs can. They will scratch at, claw, dig etc and figure out a weak spot in a fence or room, etc. As far as I'm concerned its a realistic and good mechanic

Fully on board for the pathfinding, digging zombies, but them being able to pathfind through a maze they've never seen / can't see requires some fairly heavy-lift suspension.  I could wish the pathfinding map was built from visible blocks.

Have you considered adding a decaying death penalty to pathfinding costs?  I think it'd be pretty damn terrifying to see the zeds learn to avoid your killzones.

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Listen, I fought the day 7 horde on a concrete structure using nothing but a nailgun and, spoiler alert, they didn't even come close to breaking in. What does that tell you? ;)

Yeah, I heard you the 1st time you mentioned it. 

It tells me you used creative mode.  😂

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Sure, you probably won't have a concrete base by day 7, but that's neither here nor there. The reason I've brought it up a couple times now is to make a point: the 9x9 tower, cobblestone, concrete, r concrete, steel, whatever, is an effective and simple base design. 😛 To anybody who doubts this, I'll happily brag about this victory again. 😛

There was that business man who clocked you after jumping the "bridge" of frames you were removing to land on the top of your "tower". :D

2 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

There was that business man who clocked you after jumping the "bridge" of frames you were removing to land on the top of your "tower". :D

You mean the guy who turned the nail gun challenge into the purple club challenge?  I forgot about him lol...

34 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Listen, if you want me too, I'll fight the horde again. A Nailgun Challenge Street Fight. No purple club, no recog, no mega crush, no base. I'll do it.

Using only cobble and wood if you do build a tower?

Hi guys! This is my first post here, although I read the forum from 17 alpha and playing from 14.

There is a question regarding the crosshair in our game. Are you planning to add crosshair settings? To make it non-static, or change the size and color. It would make the aim so dependent on your skills.

It may not be very important for people playing PVE, but for PVP it is an irreplaceable feature.

Game is really good and exciting. I hope that she will captivate more young players in the future apdates.

From Russia with love

42 minutes ago, garvin said:

Hi guys! This is my first post here, although I read the forum from 17 alpha and playing from 14.

There is a question regarding the crosshair in our game. Are you planning to add crosshair settings? To make it non-static, or change the size and color. It would make the aim so dependent on your skills.

It may not be very important for people playing PVE, but for PVP it is an irreplaceable feature.

Game is really good and exciting. I hope that she will captivate more young players in the future apdates.

From Russia with love

Hello my name is Snowdog, please tell me that is you in that Avatar.

Archived