Landmines, i was disappointed :/

Kipster

I read that they rebalanced the landmines and i was like YAY! Finally i can integrate them to my defence. So i made 150 of them and placed them. For some reason, i thought that they would give me even some xp from the kills but no. Nada, nothing. Not a single point. What a waste of rss imo. Huge effort for no reward other than killed zombie. So what did i learn? Do not use landmines in defence. I can do the same stuff with any other weapon and gain a reward for it. Don't waste rrs on mines, unless u really have to and u don't care, that u don't get xp for it.

Crafting 0xp, zombie ticks your landmine and dies, 0xp. Used resources : Gunpower, Iron (Tincan or whatever u use), NAILS(???) and time. Not worth it.

Or....did i miss something here?

Don't think you missed much.

It sort of relates to a little game balance issue elsewhere; you shouldn't be worried about losing your XP, you should be worried about losing your life. Or base. Or both.

For the purpose of taking out zombies, they're pretty fine tbh. Not necessarily as massive mine fields, but as part of breach point protection => group gets through, the first thing they do is blow up a couple mines amongst themselves. More advanced options available when combined with electric doors.

For the purposes of the current game.. use pipe bombs instead :)

Although, in a longer game I feel XP may become pretty irrelevant. It'll be a lot easier to earn 34k dukes for a respec than it is to gain one level, given sufficiently high levels.

I think the key really is to just not care so much about xp. Having that attitude opens up so much more freedom in the game. You won't level quite as fast as someone who only uses xp-efficient means to get things done but you can have a really fun and diverse journey to the top of your progression instead of limiting yourself to those narrow pathways of best efficiency to more quickly reach the destination of top level.

If using mines for blood moons simply means you get to level 80 2-3 game weeks later than you would've if you hadn't used mines AND you were able to use them in satisfying ways-- isn't it worth it? What do you really gain by reaching level 80 a bit faster by avoiding mines altogether?

You have good points there yes. I can see that later game stages that might become irrelevant. I just felt bummed after using all that rss, especially gunpowder onto landmines.

But i must admit, it is hilarious to see those zombros flipping trough the air after *click...KABOOM* 😂 Even if it doesn't give me that precious xp, which would make me stronger :)

I think it will depend on whether the devs see mines more as spike-like traps or whether they see them more like mechanical traps. If the former they will probably never let them award xp. If the latter then there is a chance it will happen but only if you perk into it anyway.

If you want xp, then don't go for the zombie kills, go for the base building.

Dig tunnels: this gives xp from the mining, and stone. Use the stone to make cement, and use the cement to upgrade buildings. Make wet concrete blocks for plates, and make all your walls three blocks thick with a block in the middle and a plate on each side.

You will have hard to break walls, and maybe even a level a day if you do this. I am thinking of building 40k style forts now because those look zombie resistant and would be cool to build.

I think the key really is to just not care so much about xp. Having that attitude opens up so much more freedom in the game. You won't level quite as fast as someone who only uses xp-efficient means to get things done but you can have a really fun and diverse journey to the top of your progression instead of limiting yourself to those narrow pathways of best efficiency to more quickly reach the destination of top level.

If using mines for blood moons simply means you get to level 80 2-3 game weeks later than you would've if you hadn't used mines AND you were able to use them in satisfying ways-- isn't it worth it? What do you really gain by reaching level 80 a bit faster by avoiding mines altogether?

This is thing of substitution. You have two ways, one is rewarded, one is not. What way will racial person choose?

Mines need to give XP, or have some benefit to using them, otherwise they will never be used by average player.

This is thing of substitution. You have two ways, one is rewarded, one is not. What way will racial person choose?

Mines need to give XP, or have some benefit to using them, otherwise they will never be used by average player.

Zombies just need to stop giving XP... :)

"racial person" .. I may be out of date with the current PC language - it is past noon already, afterall - but I suppose you meant "rational"? :)

I find all the explosives to be very lack luster. I never use any of them because I would rather focus on doing other things. Now my wife absolutely loves using any kind of explosive she can get so I will spend all the resources I acquire to make sure she can nuke a small town if she so chooses. They might not be the best way to deal with zombies and they might not award any xp but if you have fun using them that's all that should matter.

All in good fun. :) I love this site, first time using it.

Landmines, i was disappointed

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1578572/Landmines-i-was-disappointed

Video Description: Kipster & Roland caught chatting on the forums. Landmines give no xp at all.

lol...I got nothin but love for you guys, but I had to use someone to practice this site on.

+1 rep for the both of you. :)

Actually, i am quiet happy with zombie dissolution without being bombed with XP.

The game is still in line with such references like Elder Scrolls: Leveling up primarily means the game becoming harder. The player gets the potential to adapt to this environment, but he is open to completely screw it, if he wants. The enemies getting harder, on the other hand, stays as a constant relation to level.

Thus, by leveling more slowly, you can enjoy a few days more without radiated ferals lurking behind every wooden garage door.

Thus, i would disagree with taking the XP as a "reward". It has more of a "punishment".

until the mines are cheap as ammunition, they will not be used.

It is necessary to make them cheap so that you always carry with you even for looting.

I agree to remove 3 mines from 4.

You can remove from the game

(hubcap, air filter, tin can mine).

In this regard, it will be possible to remove items like candy tin can, an air filter, a hubcap.

You can save the cooking pot mine.

and replace the candy tin mine to a can mine (replace in recipe "candy tin" to "empty can").

empty cans will be useful for people to start collecting and using them. we are scraping it now

They're AOE, and they do a ton of damage, so they're cheaper than ammo already if used against multiple targets.. just add zombies to the zombie game.

Empty cans.. no no. Just remove the ability to craft empty cans, and tin cans, you can find plenty while looting. Sure, remove filters and hubcaps... actually, remove the ability to craft them too and require 4-15 of them per 4x4, depending on quality. Just to get people looting cars a little more. Doesn't matter that the quality doesn't do anything, it needs to be possible to make a purple 4x4. Bind the 4x4 quality to Infiltrator, and allow us to scrap hub cap mines into hub caps. Other vehicles can do without quality.

And remove a row of inventory, we just got the resource stacks which were the biggest problem with the inventory for absolutely everyone.

Since a bear now drops 50 rotten flesh, farm plots need to cost about a 100 each to keep them even slightly expensive. Reduce stack size to 10, or even 5, so you'll get to do several trips hunting bears in the wasteland for your three-plot-farm.

... yeah, there might be some sarcasm in there. I'm not sure which parts, but hey.. :)

Since a bear now drops 50 rotten flesh, farm plots need to cost about a 100 each to keep them even slightly expensive. Reduce stack size to 10, or even 5, so you'll get to do several trips hunting bears in the wasteland for your three-plot-farm.

Oh god no please...lol How will I start a farm early on when I'm not able to kill a bear ;):)

Oh god no please...lol How will I start a farm early on when I'm not able to kill a bear ;):)

You haven't had the time to start a farm in between the time they changed the ratio from that to the current "five plots per bear" .. what I described would be pretty much in line with the original implementation of farming plots. No worries though, strictly in the sarcasm section of that post, it's just a little commentary on the constant stream of whiplash injuries sustained when following the ping-pong of design decisions.. :)

All in good fun. :) I love this site, first time using it.

Landmines, i was disappointed

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1578572/Landmines-i-was-disappointed

Video Description: Kipster & Roland caught chatting on the forums. Landmines give no xp at all.

lol...I got nothin but love for you guys, but I had to use someone to practice this site on.

+1 rep for the both of you. :)

Since you made me be the cute baby and Kipster the ugly baby I'm fine with it. [/Quote]

Aaawww <3 I love u guys lol. u r so great! I'll gladly be the ogly baby. No one can compete with Trolland now can they? He's so cute <3

But back to the matter in hand. I've been thinking about this a bit and my original posting wasn't really what i thought. I was ddrunk etc and it all just came out. But still, i'd love to implement the landmines someway in my defence effectively and be happy that they are there. One thing is, that i don't like to die on my own landmines. Yes, i'm an idiot. I run and die on my own landmines in the dark. happens a lot nowadays lol. I've died like 7 times on my OWN mines. (Note to self, do not play while drunk. you'll die, over and over again. Mostly on your own landmines. And u don't get xp for it....lmao)

Buuut yes. I was disappointed at first and that's when i made this topic. I'd still like to have even minor compesnsation for all the rss (Yes, RSS means resources) we use for them. But if we don't, that is also fine. I'll just never use landmines and kill the ZomBros (get it?) myself and get rewarded for it. No big deal.

damn i love this game. Running around drunk in a minefield and testing your reflexes while drunk with friends is super fun! I need MOAR!

Archived