Decoration crafting!

Hyperbolt

Seeing the pimps adding furniture blocks in alpha 18 was a great pleasure for me, who like to decorate alot in my base!

However, there are large amount of decorational blocks that still cant be picked/crafted, like fridges, washing machines, bathtubs, medical cabinets etc...

I really hope they would add a recipie for just about every block in the game!

They could add like, electrical furniture blocks, machine blocks... Or categories like kitchen blocks, bathroom blocks and office blocks?

It would be great not having to take them from the creative menu when playing survival.

I would love to see more decoration options added in the future. I think we should be able to craft any block we find in the game. Currently we have taken to just use the creative menu to get access to whatever we want to use for decorations but don't have access to. We don't like having to do that but being able to put a pool table in our base was a must lol.

We don't like having to do that but being able to put a pool table in our base was a must lol.

Hahah, yes! I mean, its not like being able to craft fridges and pool tables is gonna break the game. As long as the recipie cost is slightly higher than you could wrench out from it!

The trader has some furniture items to sell, though it seems many are missing. One might add these furniture items to trader inventory. Some things I know are available are trash cans, small trash cans, coolers, pill boxes, bookshelves, and file cabinets. I haven't seen appliances yet or the pool table. It would also be nice if containers had the same storage size as chests.

The trader has some furniture items to sell, though it seems many are missing. One might add these furniture items to trader inventory. Some things I know are available are trash cans, small trash cans, coolers, pill boxes, bookshelves, and file cabinets. I haven't seen appliances yet or the pool table. It would also be nice if containers had the same storage size as chests.

That's an easy fix and another reason to visit traders. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

While I love to decorate, my general philosophy is that we shouldn't be able to craft a ton. However I think things like the Window frames, and the rafters that line the ceilings of cabins should be craftable in the table saw, things like fridges, pool tables, and microwaves shouldn't be crafted, as it makes no sense that you can just make them with either your bare hands or a wrench and a hammer, even a table saw doesn't cut it. Hell, crafting a Motorcycle, Jeep, and a Gyrocopter is kinda ridiculous. It would be nice though, to be able to pick up these Items, as they would prove quite helpful. I think picking up a huge pool table is pretty preposterous, but so is picking up a motorcycle or jeep.

-Edit-

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to do so, can anyone give me basic information on how to make your own crafting recipes for items already in the game? Much obliged if so.

I want to craft some of the more decorative storage not just for decoration but organization. I want to store gas in gas barrels, that way i know where the gas is. I would store ammo in the ammunition crates, but they don't hold that much. I like to store mineral water in the water coolers, and i paint crates to look like fridges. It's silly but it also takes up less room than signs and looks good. If it does not look good, then why survive the apocalypse?

Every time I restart I always try to make my own pool in my base, I'd love to be able to add a hot tub. Yes, I know there is a mod out there, Sit-able furniture, (not how it is spelled, but it's late, and I'm tired), that has a hot tub, but I love doing stuff like that. My buddy in addition to running the forge/mixer side of the operation, will always make a nice kitchen for me, and designated storage boxes for my raw / ready to cook, and cooked food, as well as water, teas and an ©old Beer sign.

I never understood why we couldn't make even the simplest decorative blocks... but we can make jeeps, auto turrets and other electric stuff.

If the block is already in the game, why not add a recipe for it. In a previous Alpha I added some stuff with a recipe.

Also, why aren't you allowed to make every blockshape with every material. Why is there restriction in that. Make it more fun for us builders Pimps! :)

If the block is already in the game, why not add a recipe for it. In a previous Alpha I added some stuff with a recipe.

A lot of different recipes cause stutter/lag every time you open the crafting screen. That's why they in fact have started to reduce recipes and introduced the multi shape/object blocks. All they'd have to do now is add more stuff to those. Kinda sucks, because I'd love the opposite direction where there's tons of different things you'd need to gather to make something special. Started playing this in A14 where you needed to find a specific flower in a specific biome if you wanted nice red floors in your base and raiding banks for nice furniture was a thing:D

But I guess, they just can't manage to have a complicated crafting set up. Maybe we get to steal stuff from POI again at some point...

Also, why aren't you allowed to make every blockshape with every material. Why is there restriction in that. Make it more fun for us builders Pimps! :)

Currently not every block exists in every material simple as that. This becomes appearent if you spend some time just looking thru the creative menu. Little things have been pissing me off for ages, like 1/4 and 1/8 blocks only being available as concrete and upwards tier.

I can't find it right now but i've seen a post from madmole where he says they will remove all the single blocks with different shapes and consolidate the shape as a block parameter, which then would allow every block material to have every shape. So at least there is some hope there.

They should just bite the bullet and rewrite the recipe-UI system.. make a suitable tree out of the recipes, track inventory-delta-since-last-check and run that against the craft-tree, "dirtying" what needs to be recalculated. No reason to run a full inventory count for every recipe, except on game load.

The Pimps can work around their own limitations, sure, but it would be a massive boon to modding possibilities at least.

Archived