Another "direction of the game thread" and iam concerned...

ThanVanMon

And if TFP wanted those things to be mutually exclusive (strong cheap base + Insane), then they'd patch the AI exploit I mentioned. So they obviously don't care. QED.

c'mon, you seriously believe they're leaving in AI exploits so people can manage hordes on insane? I mean seriously believe that?

Look man evidently you're god and everyone else is lying. You prevent demos from blowing up by killing them. You take a gun. You aim it at the demos head. You left click.

How do you do that solo when they come from all directions in large numbers? And take full magazines to head before they die?

Iron spikes dont kill zombies, they slow them from reaching the wall while damaging them.

One touch from any enemy on Insane and your spike is gone.

Either you guys were missing 85% of your shots, or you were using junk guns

I told you what we were using.

I will draw my own conclusions. What you describe is not enemies on Insane.

There's endless videos of it happening, so why not?

Yeah, ok.... so if you believe they are intentionally leaving in AI exploits, then I guess they should no longer be considered exploits but intended behavior, right?

Its getting harder and harder to take you seriously, man.

Welp, that confirmed my thought on you guys (Ghost) missing most of your shots. Not even the demo takes anywhere close to a full clip of ammo in the head. I literally 1-tap on horde nights because 1 - 5 bullets blows a head off. And no, one touch from an enemy on Insane will not destroy the spike. Good lord man lol.

From what I've been reading, the only strong bases he coniders are ones that don't cost anything to maintain and lets him stand there and do nothing. *shrug*

Pretty much this. Afk bases with ton of rotating blates and electricity. Or just don't waste time on base, get everything from trader's quests, and go to rooftops during horde nights.

Isn't that the very definition of a strong base? One that can kill most of the horde itself? If a base can't do that, how exactly is it strong?

I mean if it's just "a base that doesn't get flattened", then one of the strongest bases in the game is a simple 10x10 Steel cube with a shooting cage on top. Or that Steel pyramid in the video earlier exploiting the horde into a Steel kill box. Shrug.

[Mining was more meaningful and necessary. I know a lot of people hated mining..but now there's virtually no need to mine much at all. You can get plenty from the surface and from all the loot you scrap - any deficits in material can now just be had from the trader anyway. QUOTE]

Mining was my favorite to do for my group. Now it sucks because I need a book to attach a flashlight to a helmet

Isn't that the very definition of a strong base? One that can kill most of the horde itself? If a base can't do that, how exactly is it strong?

I mean if it's just "a base that doesn't get flattened", then one of the strongest bases in the game is a simple 10x10 Steel cube with a shooting cage on top. Or that Steel pyramid in the video earlier exploiting the horde into a Steel kill box. Shrug.

You may be playing the wrong game.... you're certainly playing the wrong difficulty level.

Mining was my favorite to do for my group. Now it sucks because I need a book to attach a flashlight to a helmet

No, you don't need a book to add the helmet light mod to a helmet. The helmet light mods are pretty common at the traders.

You need a book to craft one but not to install it.

No, you don't need a book to add the helmet light mod to a helmet.

I need a book to attach a flashlight to a helmet

If you legitimately missed it, he's talking about needing a book to make the helmet light mod, not to put a helmet light mod on a helmet. And he's right.

That said, I've always gotten my hands on a mining helmet rather early so it's never been a problem for me. I'm more bothered by things like steel tools, explosive arrows/bolts, the baseball bat, steel arrows/bolts, etc. A light source is a convenience that can be worked around by using torches or burning mods. There's not really any working around waiting for a book to drop so I can make steel arrows.

If you legitimately missed it, he's talking about needing a book to make the helmet light mod, not to put a helmet light mod on a helmet. And he's right.

That said, I've always gotten my hands on a mining helmet rather early so it's never been a problem for me. I'm more bothered by things like steel tools, explosive arrows/bolts, the baseball bat, steel arrows/bolts, etc. A light source is a convenience that can be worked around by using torches or burning mods. There's not really any working around waiting for a book to drop so I can make steel arrows.

Considering mining helmets were uncraftable in old alphas I dont understand where the heartache is...

And like it was stated, the book is for crafting a light mod...not attaching it silly...😂

Considering mining helmets were uncraftable in old alphas I dont understand where the heartache is...

Was it that way in A17? My guess is he probably wouldn't have made the statement if it has been this way.

And like it was stated, the book is for crafting a light mod...not attaching it silly...

Silly is pretending he was talking about attaching the mod when he wasn't. He was talking about crafting it. You guys try real hard to crap on people's points even when you're saying exactly the same thing.

Mining Helmets were indeed craftable in every old alpha I recall pre-A17. Ingredients were a Football Helmet and a Flashlight.

- - - Updated - - -

You may be playing the wrong game.... you're certainly playing the wrong difficulty level.

I don't understand your comment. So what do you consider "a strong base" to mean?

I don't understand your comment. So what do you consider "a strong base" to mean?

It doesn't really matter what I consider a strong base....

You have a stated goal.

You are unable to accomplish your stated goal at the difficulty you've chosen.

So either:

You're not skilled enough to accomplish the goal at that difficulty

or

It's not possible at the difficulty you chose

Either way, you have 3 options that I can see:

1. Turn down the difficulty

2. Mod the game so you can accomplish your goal

3. Try to get the developers to make that difficulty easier

The first 2 options will only impact you.... the 3rd option impacts everyone, including people that might like it as it is.

Only cause they got nerfed though. They no longer blow up once triggered if you kill them. So I am going to assume that some of the feedback in this and/or the earlier demolisher thread helped make that happen. Orclover if you are reading this, give your design another go, m8, you might find it do-able now without needing a million Steel for repairs.

Only cause they got nerfed though. They no longer blow up once triggered if you kill them. So I am going to assume that some of the feedback in this and/or the earlier demolisher thread helped make that happen. Orclover if you are reading this, give your design another go, m8, you might find it do-able now without needing a million Steel for repairs.

Perhaps...or just because you guys finally learned how to overcome the challenge like the devs encouraged everyone too. It's okay to admit that though. No one will think less of you guys....😂

The ability to strap a light to a helmet isn't instinctual, it's requires a minimum knowledge of engineering principles.

Case in point. If I gave my mother a helmet, torch, and a roll of gaffa tape I would not necessarily expect her to combine those objects it an effective headlamp. It would either fall apart after a minute or she would have managed to wrap the lens and/or power button in enough tape to render it useless.

"You know how stupid the average man is? Half of them out there are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

Perhaps...or just because you guys finally learned how to overcome the challenge like the devs encouraged everyone too. It's okay to admit that though. No one will think less of you guys....��

While I'd love to take credit I can't. Things we had already tried and gave up on because they were triggering demolisher explosions now don't trigger them at all, or only very very rarely. In fact it's become bizarrely difficult to trigger them to explode even when trying (we performed many experiments in creative mode).

Another change I noted is that when I spawned in 25 of them and deliberately made one of the group explode by sniping it, the others were destroyed by the blast but did not themselves explode. That's also different from before, because previously we got massive base-killing chain reaction explosions when we tried that. Again probably down to the fact they seem to no longer explode when killed after being triggered.

Archived